Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Exalt Points (Not a Shop)
1 2 3 4
Wouldn't this remove the current PB/raffle system, or at least make it a negative thing to send dragons to them? You could either support your Flight or earn money and I can see that harming the community severely

Other thing is that you'd have to cap that or else everyone is, in sense, constantly pushing. Sure, the casual exalters get points they can use during the next push... but so get the non-casual exalters who can now gain even more points and are not limited by time or lairspace

Wouldn't this remove the current PB/raffle system, or at least make it a negative thing to send dragons to them? You could either support your Flight or earn money and I can see that harming the community severely

Other thing is that you'd have to cap that or else everyone is, in sense, constantly pushing. Sure, the casual exalters get points they can use during the next push... but so get the non-casual exalters who can now gain even more points and are not limited by time or lairspace

hWsjkHE.png
@Elisse the way I understand the suggestion is exalting a dragon you will get the current payouts, the current boost towards dominance and a single point which can either be saved or spent. By introducing this Dom Point that can be saved or spent, it adds an extra dimension to dominance.

These Dom Points would allow more causal or time limited players and players with limited lair space a way to aid their flights during Dom Pushes as they could earn points and stock pile them in advanced of a push. Plus these Dom Points wouldn't peak in price like hatchlings would as they'd be non transferable so poorer players could also contribute during contested pushes.

This suggestion seems fairer to me than changing the battle fatigue or changing the formula for dominance to only include the number of exalters (both of which I've seen suggested several times)
@Elisse the way I understand the suggestion is exalting a dragon you will get the current payouts, the current boost towards dominance and a single point which can either be saved or spent. By introducing this Dom Point that can be saved or spent, it adds an extra dimension to dominance.

These Dom Points would allow more causal or time limited players and players with limited lair space a way to aid their flights during Dom Pushes as they could earn points and stock pile them in advanced of a push. Plus these Dom Points wouldn't peak in price like hatchlings would as they'd be non transferable so poorer players could also contribute during contested pushes.

This suggestion seems fairer to me than changing the battle fatigue or changing the formula for dominance to only include the number of exalters (both of which I've seen suggested several times)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@DragonSage
Thank you for the explanation, but despite the logic, I still won't support. This will be my last reply.
@DragonSage
Thank you for the explanation, but despite the logic, I still won't support. This will be my last reply.
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
@Elisse
Yes, this would be in addition to the current (or changed) system, not replacing the system.

Points being spent immediately would effectively be a free level for your fodder, and it wouldn't change anything with dom.

Allowing points to be stock piled is fair because all flights can do it, and they can spend those points when they want (during a push).

These points are effectively extra dragons being exalted, so they are are affected by the number of active players in the flight. Earth exalting 10 dragons is worth more than shadow exalting 10 dragons, and the same goes for points. Earth using 10 points is worth more than shadow using 10 points.

@Elaendorlien
The only change I see for OOF support is the OOF player won't get the extra point, the player who exalts the dragon will.

Raffles might change to acknowledge the new points, but I don't think it would need to.

I don't see a need for a cap, and a cap would mean FR actually has a set amount they think is "heavy dom". If the cap is set at 10k points, then I would feel pretty insignificant only having 100 points. There's also players who could exalt that many dragons in a month or two and want a higher cap.

The cap isn't really needed because all flights don't have a cap, and the points are still affected by the active player amounts in each flight.
@Elisse
Yes, this would be in addition to the current (or changed) system, not replacing the system.

Points being spent immediately would effectively be a free level for your fodder, and it wouldn't change anything with dom.

Allowing points to be stock piled is fair because all flights can do it, and they can spend those points when they want (during a push).

These points are effectively extra dragons being exalted, so they are are affected by the number of active players in the flight. Earth exalting 10 dragons is worth more than shadow exalting 10 dragons, and the same goes for points. Earth using 10 points is worth more than shadow using 10 points.

@Elaendorlien
The only change I see for OOF support is the OOF player won't get the extra point, the player who exalts the dragon will.

Raffles might change to acknowledge the new points, but I don't think it would need to.

I don't see a need for a cap, and a cap would mean FR actually has a set amount they think is "heavy dom". If the cap is set at 10k points, then I would feel pretty insignificant only having 100 points. There's also players who could exalt that many dragons in a month or two and want a higher cap.

The cap isn't really needed because all flights don't have a cap, and the points are still affected by the active player amounts in each flight.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Elisse

Its fair by the fact that every flight can do this. Its not one flight having advantage over the other - its a new feature both can use. In a way this is done allready when flight pretrain and prebuy dragons for an upcoming push.

As to why one would no use the points at once. I think shadow is not pushing right now. But if I decided to do a lair cleanout (or a person with a full lair trains and exalts one dragon per day) points would be generated. If in february my flight pushes I would use my points then instead of in the week I gain them since they will do more good if my flight is pushing.

At the same time more dragons could be exalted since I do not necessarily need to hold off of exalting until my flight pushes. What I have to choose between is regular exalting with good money income and free lair space VS maximum points in dom.

One person might prefer the first option, another the latter. In any case I see it as a way to spice up the gameplay.
@Elisse

Its fair by the fact that every flight can do this. Its not one flight having advantage over the other - its a new feature both can use. In a way this is done allready when flight pretrain and prebuy dragons for an upcoming push.

As to why one would no use the points at once. I think shadow is not pushing right now. But if I decided to do a lair cleanout (or a person with a full lair trains and exalts one dragon per day) points would be generated. If in february my flight pushes I would use my points then instead of in the week I gain them since they will do more good if my flight is pushing.

At the same time more dragons could be exalted since I do not necessarily need to hold off of exalting until my flight pushes. What I have to choose between is regular exalting with good money income and free lair space VS maximum points in dom.

One person might prefer the first option, another the latter. In any case I see it as a way to spice up the gameplay.
@Elaendorlien it might affect uncontested weeks but I don't think it would negatively effect contested weeks as generally its far more profitable (money wise) to sell dragons to a pushing flight than it is to exalt yourself and for most players I think the money in hand would be worth more than a point to use towards Dom
@Elaendorlien it might affect uncontested weeks but I don't think it would negatively effect contested weeks as generally its far more profitable (money wise) to sell dragons to a pushing flight than it is to exalt yourself and for most players I think the money in hand would be worth more than a point to use towards Dom
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Thinking about this, I think I agree with Dragonsage. I was skeptical at first, but this would be a way for new users/low exalters/casual players/whatever you want to call people who don't or can't exalt a lot of dragons to help their flights, even if they can't do it immediately.

As long as there were no cap, users could generate points indefintely. This would simply become another strategy flights can use.

I don't think it will really solve anything (as dom heavy flights will be able to save up a ton of points faster than less dom heavy flights and use them to 'swoop in and take dom' but, honestly, I am not really interested in making dom 'fair' to the point everyone gets equal dom. This would simply allow people like me, were I inclined, to help my flight by accumulating points and then using it when they say there is a push.
Thinking about this, I think I agree with Dragonsage. I was skeptical at first, but this would be a way for new users/low exalters/casual players/whatever you want to call people who don't or can't exalt a lot of dragons to help their flights, even if they can't do it immediately.

As long as there were no cap, users could generate points indefintely. This would simply become another strategy flights can use.

I don't think it will really solve anything (as dom heavy flights will be able to save up a ton of points faster than less dom heavy flights and use them to 'swoop in and take dom' but, honestly, I am not really interested in making dom 'fair' to the point everyone gets equal dom. This would simply allow people like me, were I inclined, to help my flight by accumulating points and then using it when they say there is a push.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Oh man, this would make the exalted unnamed hatchling problem so much worse, now.

Honestly - there SHOULD be a daily cap on how many times you could do this. A high one, but there should be a cap - otherwise, why even level dragons?
Oh man, this would make the exalted unnamed hatchling problem so much worse, now.

Honestly - there SHOULD be a daily cap on how many times you could do this. A high one, but there should be a cap - otherwise, why even level dragons?
@Mohenjo

The way I see it, this would up the amount of possible points a player can contribute to a push by a large amount, making the smaller contributions even smaller. And make what is now a one week project (or 1-3 months if you are going hardcore) into a constant one.

Let's say we have someone who casually exalts ten dragons per week, and someone who exalts anything between ten dragons and two thousand dragons per week depending if it's a push or not. One push per month means person 1 contributes around 40 points. Person 2 could contribute 2030 points (3 non-push weeks plus a conquest week) - but because they want to win the push, and they know they could contribute more, they would aim as high as possible.

The person 2 is me, and it doesn't matter how much I know it's not good to try to keep up the same pace for a whole month (did that once, bad idea) - I would still feel like I'm not doing my best if I didn't do that. And it wouldn't be a month, it would be basically an eternal push.

I don't like the idea of having to pick between helping my Flight and making profit, and I like the idea of eternal push even less. I'd burn myself out so fast it's not even funny.

I could see it working with a cap or time limit but without them.. no, not really. It's got the same problem as all the "up the payouts" suggestions that try to help casual players - what you give to casuals you also give to the hardcore players so the gap between them stays or even widens
@Mohenjo

The way I see it, this would up the amount of possible points a player can contribute to a push by a large amount, making the smaller contributions even smaller. And make what is now a one week project (or 1-3 months if you are going hardcore) into a constant one.

Let's say we have someone who casually exalts ten dragons per week, and someone who exalts anything between ten dragons and two thousand dragons per week depending if it's a push or not. One push per month means person 1 contributes around 40 points. Person 2 could contribute 2030 points (3 non-push weeks plus a conquest week) - but because they want to win the push, and they know they could contribute more, they would aim as high as possible.

The person 2 is me, and it doesn't matter how much I know it's not good to try to keep up the same pace for a whole month (did that once, bad idea) - I would still feel like I'm not doing my best if I didn't do that. And it wouldn't be a month, it would be basically an eternal push.

I don't like the idea of having to pick between helping my Flight and making profit, and I like the idea of eternal push even less. I'd burn myself out so fast it's not even funny.

I could see it working with a cap or time limit but without them.. no, not really. It's got the same problem as all the "up the payouts" suggestions that try to help casual players - what you give to casuals you also give to the hardcore players so the gap between them stays or even widens
hWsjkHE.png
@Sopheroo
Because exalting level 1s will make you go broke? It's the same reason people don't usually level to 4 and exalt even though it's the most time efficient level. You level to 5 so you can keep buying fodder to exalt.

@Elaendorlien
I can agree with your argument, it would be a constant push for some players, but it would also make other players with little time to take part in pushes feel a bit more useful/impactful (even though a player using 10k points would make a player using 100 points have a much smaller impact).

Now, if there are 100 casual dom players for every 1 hard core dom player, then that would mean those 100 members now have the same impact as the 1 hardcore member.
@Sopheroo
Because exalting level 1s will make you go broke? It's the same reason people don't usually level to 4 and exalt even though it's the most time efficient level. You level to 5 so you can keep buying fodder to exalt.

@Elaendorlien
I can agree with your argument, it would be a constant push for some players, but it would also make other players with little time to take part in pushes feel a bit more useful/impactful (even though a player using 10k points would make a player using 100 points have a much smaller impact).

Now, if there are 100 casual dom players for every 1 hard core dom player, then that would mean those 100 members now have the same impact as the 1 hardcore member.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
1 2 3 4