Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scattersights brought back once a year?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
full support. an item this important for customization shouldn't have been released only for a few days and then permanently retired
full support. an item this important for customization shouldn't have been released only for a few days and then permanently retired
39171734.pnguglyplushies.pngsephydragflipped.png
[quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-11-19 13:43:39" ] I've been arguing for this for months and I still will. It simply isn't fair to make the eye vials unattainable like this. Breeding project for new eyes? Have fun spending 6 years on that (which is what I'm currently doing). Maybe you will have to rent nests (unsupported) or change flights for 6 years as well if the eyes you're after are not your flight's. Newbie in the future? Guess your progen's eyes are stuck with common. Old player? Guess you have to spend millions of treasure to customize your irreplaceable old dragons, like progen kids, special IDs/birthdays, etc. I agree that these items should be rare, but retiring them was a bad move. I like the suggestion of cycling them in once a year- therefore they will still be rare and expensive (look at the price of noc scrolls outside of NotN), but there will be new ones each year and as such they will never be completely depleted from the site. [/quote] This. This and every post like it. I was thankfully able to hang on to mine, I only have a dozen thereabouts, because I didn't have the ability to make more in time. Or Hell, put them as a bonus in Joxars spare crates.
Zhukov wrote on 2018-11-19 13:43:39:
I've been arguing for this for months and I still will. It simply isn't fair to make the eye vials unattainable like this.

Breeding project for new eyes? Have fun spending 6 years on that (which is what I'm currently doing). Maybe you will have to rent nests (unsupported) or change flights for 6 years as well if the eyes you're after are not your flight's.

Newbie in the future? Guess your progen's eyes are stuck with common.

Old player? Guess you have to spend millions of treasure to customize your irreplaceable old dragons, like progen kids, special IDs/birthdays, etc.

I agree that these items should be rare, but retiring them was a bad move. I like the suggestion of cycling them in once a year- therefore they will still be rare and expensive (look at the price of noc scrolls outside of NotN), but there will be new ones each year and as such they will never be completely depleted from the site.
This. This and every post like it. I was thankfully able to hang on to mine, I only have a dozen thereabouts, because I didn't have the ability to make more in time.
Or Hell, put them as a bonus in Joxars spare crates.
aJTY8eT.png
full support, every reasoning I can think of has already been stated previously in this thread <3
full support, every reasoning I can think of has already been stated previously in this thread <3
39.png
Introducing something awesome then making it impossible to get them later was a poor decision from the staff, and I feel like it would have been better to just not introduce the vial to begin with because then we wouldn't have continuous salt over them. However, the staff already said they retired them, and once they explicitly say something is not coming back, it is more often than not, never coming back. I get that everyone wants perfect eyes for their dragon, but I am 90% sure they said that originally they weren't going to make them at all, but they decided to make a limit time item for older users to change the eyes of existing dragons, (again bad idea, but I digress). The real issue was that there was absolutely no warning for the change, and people were upset because now all their old dragon's eyes looked different, and they had 3 days to get limited vials that might make them look closer to how they did, but most likely not.
Introducing something awesome then making it impossible to get them later was a poor decision from the staff, and I feel like it would have been better to just not introduce the vial to begin with because then we wouldn't have continuous salt over them. However, the staff already said they retired them, and once they explicitly say something is not coming back, it is more often than not, never coming back. I get that everyone wants perfect eyes for their dragon, but I am 90% sure they said that originally they weren't going to make them at all, but they decided to make a limit time item for older users to change the eyes of existing dragons, (again bad idea, but I digress). The real issue was that there was absolutely no warning for the change, and people were upset because now all their old dragon's eyes looked different, and they had 3 days to get limited vials that might make them look closer to how they did, but most likely not.
100% support. I understand why festival items are always retired,, but I never understood Scattervials. I thought it was a bit unfair to give everyone one chance, essentially, to get new eye types on their old dragons. It's absolutely ridiculous that some new players might be stuck with common eyed progens forever. I think it was a really bad idea to retire scatter sights. Just make them a rare drop from a boss or a yearly gift on your birthday or something.
100% support. I understand why festival items are always retired,, but I never understood Scattervials. I thought it was a bit unfair to give everyone one chance, essentially, to get new eye types on their old dragons. It's absolutely ridiculous that some new players might be stuck with common eyed progens forever. I think it was a really bad idea to retire scatter sights. Just make them a rare drop from a boss or a yearly gift on your birthday or something.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
I don't understand the point of permanently retiring anything, including festival items and scattervials and sprites, because that will essentially make that item disappear entirely at some point... and... seriously... who wants that? What's the point of that? I don't get it.

At least with Roundsey, "permanently retired" items are making a comeback, even though I hate the idea of Roundsey to begin with. I mean, great, another way of not having any luck at all on this site *thumbs up* But still... better than nothing I suppose. But if they bring back scattervials with Roundsey I will not be happy... Scattervials, with their terrible odds etc, need to be brought back in bulk (like Nocturne eggs or something), or like this.
I don't understand the point of permanently retiring anything, including festival items and scattervials and sprites, because that will essentially make that item disappear entirely at some point... and... seriously... who wants that? What's the point of that? I don't get it.

At least with Roundsey, "permanently retired" items are making a comeback, even though I hate the idea of Roundsey to begin with. I mean, great, another way of not having any luck at all on this site *thumbs up* But still... better than nothing I suppose. But if they bring back scattervials with Roundsey I will not be happy... Scattervials, with their terrible odds etc, need to be brought back in bulk (like Nocturne eggs or something), or like this.
Support, retiring the vials was a poor idea.
Support, retiring the vials was a poor idea.
66MHIIb.png
Support! I want more opportunities to get scatterscrolls, and bringing them back for only a certain time once a year sounds reasonable to me!
Support! I want more opportunities to get scatterscrolls, and bringing them back for only a certain time once a year sounds reasonable to me!
CLVpsxr.gif
Absolutely full support! I wasn't even aware they'd be permanently retired, or I would have saved a ton more...D:

Please bring them back once a year! It still keeps them scarce, but also not impossible to obtain. People can make money from selling them still, and people can have chances to reroll the eyes of their favorite dragons!

There's literally NO downside to bringing them back.
Absolutely full support! I wasn't even aware they'd be permanently retired, or I would have saved a ton more...D:

Please bring them back once a year! It still keeps them scarce, but also not impossible to obtain. People can make money from selling them still, and people can have chances to reroll the eyes of their favorite dragons!

There's literally NO downside to bringing them back.
support!!
i dont really have a plan to use the vials of scattersight on my own dragons in the near future but uh.

havin an item with a rng aspect that only gives you an infinitesimal chance of gettin the eye type you actually want, makin that item limited, and permanently retirin it has no positives???? from my perspective anyway.

im not makin any points that havent been said already but.

1. the value of scattersights will be reduced if its brought back
there are always new people who want to further customize their dragons and will always buy more scattersights if available. plus if its permanently retired, people will hold on to the scattersights they have and probably not actually use or sell it????? because the chance of them gettin the eye type they want is very slim?????

2. its supposed to give older players the ability to customize old dragons
again. chances of gettin the eye type you want is very slim. and the new players who come into the site won't have that same ability??? or members who went on hiatus and came back??? everyone should have the chance to customize their dragons honestly.

3. you can just breed for the eyes
personally, for me, i dont like seein an offspring list on any of my dragons that i plan to keep. plus. sentimental dragons? special id dragons? cant exactly breed for those. and theres no guarantee that the breeding will give you the right eyes. just like theres no guarantee that usin the scattersight will give you the right eye. difference is, theres no wait time for the scattersight. in breedin, you wait an eternity before you get to breed again.

again. these are points that have already been made on the topic but uh. you know. just to reiterate. and to give my reasoning for the support im giving for this
support!!
i dont really have a plan to use the vials of scattersight on my own dragons in the near future but uh.

havin an item with a rng aspect that only gives you an infinitesimal chance of gettin the eye type you actually want, makin that item limited, and permanently retirin it has no positives???? from my perspective anyway.

im not makin any points that havent been said already but.

1. the value of scattersights will be reduced if its brought back
there are always new people who want to further customize their dragons and will always buy more scattersights if available. plus if its permanently retired, people will hold on to the scattersights they have and probably not actually use or sell it????? because the chance of them gettin the eye type they want is very slim?????

2. its supposed to give older players the ability to customize old dragons
again. chances of gettin the eye type you want is very slim. and the new players who come into the site won't have that same ability??? or members who went on hiatus and came back??? everyone should have the chance to customize their dragons honestly.

3. you can just breed for the eyes
personally, for me, i dont like seein an offspring list on any of my dragons that i plan to keep. plus. sentimental dragons? special id dragons? cant exactly breed for those. and theres no guarantee that the breeding will give you the right eyes. just like theres no guarantee that usin the scattersight will give you the right eye. difference is, theres no wait time for the scattersight. in breedin, you wait an eternity before you get to breed again.

again. these are points that have already been made on the topic but uh. you know. just to reiterate. and to give my reasoning for the support im giving for this
Selling Cheap Fodder ==> HERE
Looking for ==> THESE
WISHLIST
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29