Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scattersights brought back once a year?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
I've supported this before and I'll support it now. The way the eyes were handled was disappointing :( and staff sticking to the decision to retire them was imo the wrong choice
I've supported this before and I'll support it now. The way the eyes were handled was disappointing :( and staff sticking to the decision to retire them was imo the wrong choice
wq9PoXA.png
@Psycho - If the Common Ice eyes would suit her better, the Vial of Tempered Sight would work for her. :o

But yeah, I don’t get why they retired it, either. “It’s always been our vision to have breeding-only eyes” doesn’t really work 5 years into the site, and it’s not a sufficient excuse/apology to the players, many of which actively want to be able to get the new eyes. Especially with the 1% or less hatch odds on the rarest eyes— if a user wants a specific-coloured Primal from a Flight outside of their own, they either need to rent nests forever or spend a fortune on scattersights.

“Breeding-only means even newbies and poor users can get desirable dragons to sell!” doesn’t work when all of the new eye types are either fodder or near-fodder prices. I don’t know what staff is thinking. :c
@Psycho - If the Common Ice eyes would suit her better, the Vial of Tempered Sight would work for her. :o

But yeah, I don’t get why they retired it, either. “It’s always been our vision to have breeding-only eyes” doesn’t really work 5 years into the site, and it’s not a sufficient excuse/apology to the players, many of which actively want to be able to get the new eyes. Especially with the 1% or less hatch odds on the rarest eyes— if a user wants a specific-coloured Primal from a Flight outside of their own, they either need to rent nests forever or spend a fortune on scattersights.

“Breeding-only means even newbies and poor users can get desirable dragons to sell!” doesn’t work when all of the new eye types are either fodder or near-fodder prices. I don’t know what staff is thinking. :c
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Quote:
“Breeding-only means even newbies and poor users can get desirable dragons to sell!” doesn’t work when all of the new eye types are either fodder or near-fodder prices.

This exactly. When I finally hatched a dragon with facet, the price was already tanked, so the fact I have a dragon with facet eyes means nothing.

The only way the rarest eyes sell now is if theyre on a Gen 1, good color, good gene, desirable ID#, or any other niche that would have existed even if the eyes never did.
Quote:
“Breeding-only means even newbies and poor users can get desirable dragons to sell!” doesn’t work when all of the new eye types are either fodder or near-fodder prices.

This exactly. When I finally hatched a dragon with facet, the price was already tanked, so the fact I have a dragon with facet eyes means nothing.

The only way the rarest eyes sell now is if theyre on a Gen 1, good color, good gene, desirable ID#, or any other niche that would have existed even if the eyes never did.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
either this or give us individual eye vials
either this or give us individual eye vials
DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Touhou" date="2018-11-19 14:13:15" ] Big support, I'm too afraid to use my own scattervials. Then again, the staff already announced that they would retire it. How is the threshold of "the staff can't keep their word" going to pass? [/quote] Them admitting "we made a mistake, and now we're changing it" would mean SO much more to me than some dumb "can't keep their word" idea. I don't understand why it's so terrible for them to change their mind. I think it's important for the site to be allowed to change and adapt to new ideas and new players if it wants to stay healthy and continue to grow moving forward. Think of it like amendments, in time we may decide the ideas of the past are outdated and should be changed. Just to make my stance on the original topic extra clear, the vials should be brought back and at this point I do not care how. Retiring them was an awful idea that punishes so many different types of players: * Old dragon collectors like me, It's impossible for me to breed new eyes into my collection. They are stuck with basic eyes and I am forever barred from enjoying a new site feature. * Anyone that's attached to the dragons they had before the eye update and wants to customize them. This is especially sad for difficult / impossible to replace dragons like gen ones and progens. * New players who will feel like they missed out on yet another cool thing. With the ever growing mountain of retired festival items, it's pretty discouraging to learn that you missed out on something just because you didn't find the site sooner. I know when I was a newbie I felt really turned off that I could never have an imp scroll, for example. And especially annoyed when I learned how cheap eliminates used to be. It's not a very welcoming feeling I can tell you that much. Do vials really need to be on that list too?
Touhou wrote on 2018-11-19 14:13:15:
Big support, I'm too afraid to use my own scattervials.

Then again, the staff already announced that they would retire it. How is the threshold of "the staff can't keep their word" going to pass?

Them admitting "we made a mistake, and now we're changing it" would mean SO much more to me than some dumb "can't keep their word" idea. I don't understand why it's so terrible for them to change their mind. I think it's important for the site to be allowed to change and adapt to new ideas and new players if it wants to stay healthy and continue to grow moving forward. Think of it like amendments, in time we may decide the ideas of the past are outdated and should be changed.

Just to make my stance on the original topic extra clear, the vials should be brought back and at this point I do not care how. Retiring them was an awful idea that punishes so many different types of players:

* Old dragon collectors like me, It's impossible for me to breed new eyes into my collection. They are stuck with basic eyes and I am forever barred from enjoying a new site feature.

* Anyone that's attached to the dragons they had before the eye update and wants to customize them. This is especially sad for difficult / impossible to replace dragons like gen ones and progens.

* New players who will feel like they missed out on yet another cool thing. With the ever growing mountain of retired festival items, it's pretty discouraging to learn that you missed out on something just because you didn't find the site sooner. I know when I was a newbie I felt really turned off that I could never have an imp scroll, for example. And especially annoyed when I learned how cheap eliminates used to be. It's not a very welcoming feeling I can tell you that much. Do vials really need to be on that list too?
Q1Z6W1A.png
[quote name="Kysska" date="2018-11-26 03:32:21" ] [quote name="Touhou" date="2018-11-19 14:13:15" ] Big support, I'm too afraid to use my own scattervials. Then again, the staff already announced that they would retire it. How is the threshold of "the staff can't keep their word" going to pass? [/quote] Them admitting "we made a mistake, and now we're changing it" would mean SO much more to me than some dumb "can't keep their word" idea. I don't understand why it's so terrible for them to change their mind. I think it's important for the site to be allowed to change and adapt to new ideas and new players if it wants to stay healthy and continue to grow moving forward. Think of it like amendments, in time we may decide the ideas of the past are outdated and should be changed. Just to make my stance on the original topic extra clear, the vials should be brought back and at this point I do not care how. Retiring them was an awful idea that punishes so many different types of players: * Old dragon collectors like me, It's impossible for me to breed new eyes into my collection. They are stuck with basic eyes and I am forever barred from enjoying a new site feature. * Anyone that's attached to the dragons they had before the eye update and wants to customize them. This is especially sad for difficult / impossible to replace dragons like gen ones and progens. * New players who will feel like they missed out on yet another cool thing. With the ever growing mountain of retired festival items, it's pretty discouraging to learn that you missed out on something just because you didn't find the site sooner. I know when I was a newbie I felt really turned off that I could never have an imp scroll, for example. And especially annoyed when I learned how cheap eliminates used to be. It's not a very welcoming feeling I can tell you that much. Do vials really need to be on that list too? [/quote] They already changed their mind on retired items. And even the people against unretiring old items before Roundsey want the scattervials to unretire, because unlike light sprites and whatnot, these are consumable and designed specifically so you have to consume dozens of them on a single dragon.
Kysska wrote on 2018-11-26 03:32:21:
Touhou wrote on 2018-11-19 14:13:15:
Big support, I'm too afraid to use my own scattervials.

Then again, the staff already announced that they would retire it. How is the threshold of "the staff can't keep their word" going to pass?

Them admitting "we made a mistake, and now we're changing it" would mean SO much more to me than some dumb "can't keep their word" idea. I don't understand why it's so terrible for them to change their mind. I think it's important for the site to be allowed to change and adapt to new ideas and new players if it wants to stay healthy and continue to grow moving forward. Think of it like amendments, in time we may decide the ideas of the past are outdated and should be changed.

Just to make my stance on the original topic extra clear, the vials should be brought back and at this point I do not care how. Retiring them was an awful idea that punishes so many different types of players:

* Old dragon collectors like me, It's impossible for me to breed new eyes into my collection. They are stuck with basic eyes and I am forever barred from enjoying a new site feature.

* Anyone that's attached to the dragons they had before the eye update and wants to customize them. This is especially sad for difficult / impossible to replace dragons like gen ones and progens.

* New players who will feel like they missed out on yet another cool thing. With the ever growing mountain of retired festival items, it's pretty discouraging to learn that you missed out on something just because you didn't find the site sooner. I know when I was a newbie I felt really turned off that I could never have an imp scroll, for example. And especially annoyed when I learned how cheap eliminates used to be. It's not a very welcoming feeling I can tell you that much. Do vials really need to be on that list too?
They already changed their mind on retired items.
And even the people against unretiring old items before Roundsey want the scattervials to unretire, because unlike light sprites and whatnot, these are consumable and designed specifically so you have to consume dozens of them on a single dragon.
Dozens of them? HAHAHAHAHA. Try 207 of them on ONE dragon before I got a single hard to get eye type, nevermind the one I wanted. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=617277] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/6173/617277_350.png[/img] [/url] Guess how many of my other 160 dragons I managed to get a vial for? Not all of them. The decision to release then for only 3 days was absolutely ridiculous, not to mention unfair to older players who had to work their butt off to get these stupid vials so the older dragons could have one.
Dozens of them? HAHAHAHAHA. Try 207 of them on ONE dragon before I got a single hard to get eye type, nevermind the one I wanted.

617277_350.png

Guess how many of my other 160 dragons I managed to get a vial for? Not all of them.

The decision to release then for only 3 days was absolutely ridiculous, not to mention unfair to older players who had to work their butt off to get these stupid vials so the older dragons could have one.
Y3kY2LN.png
I actually belive vials are way more important than the scatterscroll, and the latter is always avaliable for the same price

Think about it: colors are fairly easy to control. Get dragons with the range and breed them. Some combos are rarer, true, but you can get every combo you want with some work. Scrolls are really only used for gen ones/progens, just because of how the color system is easy to manage

The eyes are uncontrolable. You cannot control the odds by any means, which was already a poor decision. Dragons who were born before are totally left out, and so are progens.

Imo, the event would have worked better if we got specific vials as prizes instead (common vial, uncommon vial) so we could CHOOSE the eyes for our fav dragons, make the eyes also based on genetics like the gened and colors, and later add the scattersight to the market place.

Support
I actually belive vials are way more important than the scatterscroll, and the latter is always avaliable for the same price

Think about it: colors are fairly easy to control. Get dragons with the range and breed them. Some combos are rarer, true, but you can get every combo you want with some work. Scrolls are really only used for gen ones/progens, just because of how the color system is easy to manage

The eyes are uncontrolable. You cannot control the odds by any means, which was already a poor decision. Dragons who were born before are totally left out, and so are progens.

Imo, the event would have worked better if we got specific vials as prizes instead (common vial, uncommon vial) so we could CHOOSE the eyes for our fav dragons, make the eyes also based on genetics like the gened and colors, and later add the scattersight to the market place.

Support
Support
YES, there is only a limited amount of them in the game, that number is constantly decreasing per day with nothing increasing it!
Support
YES, there is only a limited amount of them in the game, that number is constantly decreasing per day with nothing increasing it!
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-11-25 17:15:09" ] [quote]“Breeding-only means even newbies and poor users can get desirable dragons to sell!” doesn’t work when all of the new eye types are either fodder or near-fodder prices.[/quote] This exactly. When I finally hatched a dragon with facet, the price was already tanked, so the fact I have a dragon with facet eyes means nothing. The only way the rarest eyes sell now is if theyre on a Gen 1, good color, good gene, desirable ID#, or any other niche that would have existed even if the eyes never did. [/quote] This is a good point. Indeed, I could see a newbie getting a special-eyed dragon and getting excited because they thought it was something valuable, only to find that it won't sell. I'd imagine that would be pretty frustrating, which is the opposite of 'encouraging newbies by occasionally giving them a rare dragon'. Whatever the original logic was on random eyes and retired vials, it doesn't seem to have worked out that way. All eye types are glutted to the point of unremarkability, while getting an eye-type (special or not) that doesn't suit the individual dragon well is more likely than not. The only reason I'd be hesitant to support this is knowing that some players have invested in scattervials because they assumed that they [b]were[/b] never coming back and thus would eventually climb to an astronomical price. Whether the economic harm to those players would outweigh the harm of all future attempts at dragon-designing on this site being hobbled by an ever-dwindling supply of scattervials...I don't know.
gemajgall wrote on 2018-11-25 17:15:09:
Quote:

This is a good point. Indeed, I could see a newbie getting a special-eyed dragon and getting excited because they thought it was something valuable, only to find that it won't sell. I'd imagine that would be pretty frustrating, which is the opposite of 'encouraging newbies by occasionally giving them a rare dragon'.

Whatever the original logic was on random eyes and retired vials, it doesn't seem to have worked out that way. All eye types are glutted to the point of unremarkability, while getting an eye-type (special or not) that doesn't suit the individual dragon well is more likely than not.

The only reason I'd be hesitant to support this is knowing that some players have invested in scattervials because they assumed that they were never coming back and thus would eventually climb to an astronomical price. Whether the economic harm to those players would outweigh the harm of all future attempts at dragon-designing on this site being hobbled by an ever-dwindling supply of scattervials...I don't know.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29