Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Orca Filigree White Gemstones(?)
1 2 3
Would anyone be opposed to Orca Filigree having white gems to match the black and white theme that is orca? Trying to add some variation to my XXX orca pair but filigree is so...[i] underwhelming[/i] [center] Orca/orca/orca: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=131&auth=ba4c05bd9dfe3c7e56ab6b06937b8dacafd5f61e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Orca/orca/gloom [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=98&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=131&auth=7659596e822a8159b8bbf1cab02302a5c610483f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center]
Would anyone be opposed to Orca Filigree having white gems to match the black and white theme that is orca? Trying to add some variation to my XXX orca pair but filigree is so... underwhelming
Orca/orca/orca:
dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=131&auth=ba4c05bd9dfe3c7e56ab6b06937b8dacafd5f61e&dummyext=prev.png

Orca/orca/gloom
dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=98&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=131&auth=7659596e822a8159b8bbf1cab02302a5c610483f&dummyext=prev.png
No support. Filigree adds accent colors to the dragon. That's its best feature. There already aren't enough terts that take advantage of the accent color. Green has been the accent color for Orca for a long time. Here it is modeled in Poison and Spinner. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=11&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=53&tertgene=0&winggene=16&wings=131&auth=b67883a7a097ceda1b411aa45db26342e4b4e5e6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] (edit for grammar)
No support. Filigree adds accent colors to the dragon. That's its best feature. There already aren't enough terts that take advantage of the accent color.

Green has been the accent color for Orca for a long time. Here it is modeled in Poison and Spinner.

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=11&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=53&tertgene=0&winggene=16&wings=131&auth=b67883a7a097ceda1b411aa45db26342e4b4e5e6&dummyext=prev.png

(edit for grammar)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Support.

It's called 'orca' for pete's sake! I've never seen a green orca. Have you?
Support.

It's called 'orca' for pete's sake! I've never seen a green orca. Have you?
I support not having stupid colours on any of the sodding filigree shades.

All of them are hideously off, with a random colour involved and it makes me really, really hate the gene.

But that's fine, I just don't use it. It's over the top, it looks awkward and it's poorly executed. It looks like a dodgy accent or bit of apparel, more than a gene.

What I'd prefer, honestly, a better filigree option, like what I actually wanted. Just coloured swirls on the wings or whatever, nothing like a metal frame, good grief.
I support not having stupid colours on any of the sodding filigree shades.

All of them are hideously off, with a random colour involved and it makes me really, really hate the gene.

But that's fine, I just don't use it. It's over the top, it looks awkward and it's poorly executed. It looks like a dodgy accent or bit of apparel, more than a gene.

What I'd prefer, honestly, a better filigree option, like what I actually wanted. Just coloured swirls on the wings or whatever, nothing like a metal frame, good grief.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="Ridara" date="2018-06-21 07:11:10" ] No support. Filigree adds accent colors to the dragon. That's its best feature. There already aren't enough terts that take advantage of the accent color. Green has been the accent color for Orca for a long time. Here it is modeled in Poison and Spinner. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=11&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=53&tertgene=0&winggene=16&wings=131&auth=b67883a7a097ceda1b411aa45db26342e4b4e5e6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] (edit for grammar) [/quote] That's fair! I didn't realize green was involved in orca, and that's my fault for not doing enough poking
Ridara wrote on 2018-06-21 07:11:10:
No support. Filigree adds accent colors to the dragon. That's its best feature. There already aren't enough terts that take advantage of the accent color.

Green has been the accent color for Orca for a long time. Here it is modeled in Poison and Spinner.

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=11&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=53&tertgene=0&winggene=16&wings=131&auth=b67883a7a097ceda1b411aa45db26342e4b4e5e6&dummyext=prev.png

(edit for grammar)

That's fair! I didn't realize green was involved in orca, and that's my fault for not doing enough poking
No thanks. Filigree gems are supposed to be different from the main color. In addition changing it may ruin other players dragons who are using the accents extra color to tie the dragons otherwise clashing colors together
No thanks. Filigree gems are supposed to be different from the main color. In addition changing it may ruin other players dragons who are using the accents extra color to tie the dragons otherwise clashing colors together
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Ridara

You know, you have a point. But I've just noticed something.

Baldwin Genes use a specific Baldwin-only accent colour. The same as is used in Poison and Toxin is used in Skink and Spinner, and when they came out, we were specifically told that they were atypical of the gene's usual colour spread.

So yeah, while Orca does use green, it's limited to those. All other genes in Orca have the Black as the accent colour for Orca's pale grey, but it's bright green in Skink, Spinner, Poison and Toxin.

That's fine.

However, Filigree is a gem gene. And the weird accent colour used for Gem genes is also seen in Butterfly and Petals. For Orca, the Gem accent colour is a pale blue (or it might be green, I'm colourblind, don't ask me), not bright green.

Most of the ones I checked have the Filigree jewel colour match up to the colour used in Petals and Butterfly, but some... like Orca and Cherry, use the atypical Baldwin one instead.

I wonder if that's deliberate, or an error..?
@Ridara

You know, you have a point. But I've just noticed something.

Baldwin Genes use a specific Baldwin-only accent colour. The same as is used in Poison and Toxin is used in Skink and Spinner, and when they came out, we were specifically told that they were atypical of the gene's usual colour spread.

So yeah, while Orca does use green, it's limited to those. All other genes in Orca have the Black as the accent colour for Orca's pale grey, but it's bright green in Skink, Spinner, Poison and Toxin.

That's fine.

However, Filigree is a gem gene. And the weird accent colour used for Gem genes is also seen in Butterfly and Petals. For Orca, the Gem accent colour is a pale blue (or it might be green, I'm colourblind, don't ask me), not bright green.

Most of the ones I checked have the Filigree jewel colour match up to the colour used in Petals and Butterfly, but some... like Orca and Cherry, use the atypical Baldwin one instead.

I wonder if that's deliberate, or an error..?
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
@Greyjoy Wow, that is odd. I don't know. Unfortunately, even if it is an art error, it would be difficult to change it now. The standardized Common eyes shows how upset the community can get when details about their dragons are changed without warning. ^_^;
@Greyjoy Wow, that is odd. I don't know. Unfortunately, even if it is an art error, it would be difficult to change it now. The standardized Common eyes shows how upset the community can get when details about their dragons are changed without warning. ^_^;
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@Ridara

Yeah, definitely too late to change it, but still pretty interesting! XD

I mean, art errors can be fixed, but ... maybe it was just never picked up on? It would suck if somebody had tried to match a breeding project to the jewels, though.
@Ridara

Yeah, definitely too late to change it, but still pretty interesting! XD

I mean, art errors can be fixed, but ... maybe it was just never picked up on? It would suck if somebody had tried to match a breeding project to the jewels, though.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
Absolutely no support! While I didn't like that quarternary color used at first, it's a great tool in being able to salvage terts on unmatching dragons. Observe: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1349885] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/13499/1349885_350.png[/img] [/url] Royal/Blue/Chocolate. Yet Chocolate, a tert I was unable to use for four years, now has teal gems. If you want a perfectly matching tertiary on an xxx dragon, just get a different tert. You've got a lot of options. I am all for new possibilities on the color wheel. Praise Pinstripe and Poison and Petals and Filigree for delving beyond the primary, secondary, and even tertiary colors attached to each colorwheel option. I've got a strong fondness for Iri/Shim as well, simply because they break convention.
Absolutely no support! While I didn't like that quarternary color used at first, it's a great tool in being able to salvage terts on unmatching dragons. Observe:

1349885_350.png

Royal/Blue/Chocolate. Yet Chocolate, a tert I was unable to use for four years, now has teal gems.

If you want a perfectly matching tertiary on an xxx dragon, just get a different tert. You've got a lot of options. I am all for new possibilities on the color wheel. Praise Pinstripe and Poison and Petals and Filigree for delving beyond the primary, secondary, and even tertiary colors attached to each colorwheel option. I've got a strong fondness for Iri/Shim as well, simply because they break convention.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
1 2 3