Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 111 112
That's what I like about this too. It factors in effort for players to achieve their dreams (something that has been apart of FR since the beginning) and not solely on RNG (something that has been only a minor part of FR since the beginning).
That's what I like about this too. It factors in effort for players to achieve their dreams (something that has been apart of FR since the beginning) and not solely on RNG (something that has been only a minor part of FR since the beginning).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
It's nice to see that the staff listened to user feedback regarding the lair update, making the UI and QOL changes that everyone wanted to see. Everyone is much more satisfied with that feature now.

I hope the same thing will happen with the eyes- this thread is full of great feedback that will lead to solutions that will make many people happy. Whether that be cycling the scattervials, putting them in the marketplace, putting a large number of them in Roundsey's, allowing for eye transfer, or individual eye vials, and of course legacy eyes, as long as we have a feasible way to customize our dragon's eyes, I will be happy.
It's nice to see that the staff listened to user feedback regarding the lair update, making the UI and QOL changes that everyone wanted to see. Everyone is much more satisfied with that feature now.

I hope the same thing will happen with the eyes- this thread is full of great feedback that will lead to solutions that will make many people happy. Whether that be cycling the scattervials, putting them in the marketplace, putting a large number of them in Roundsey's, allowing for eye transfer, or individual eye vials, and of course legacy eyes, as long as we have a feasible way to customize our dragon's eyes, I will be happy.
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="Zhukov" date="2019-02-19 06:27:57" ] It's nice to see that the staff listened to user feedback regarding the lair update, making the UI and QOL changes that everyone wanted to see. Everyone is much more satisfied with that feature now. I hope the same thing will happen with the eyes- this thread is full of great feedback that will lead to solutions that will make many people happy. Whether that be cycling the scattervials, putting them in the marketplace, putting a large number of them in Roundsey's, allowing for eye transfer, or individual eye vials, and of course legacy eyes, as long as we have a feasible way to customize our dragon's eyes, I will be happy. [/quote] As a person who spent dozens of hours working on code and the Lair Visuals suggestion thread, I am incredibly happy to see that the Staff went through people's feedback and considered their reviews. However, I have a feeling visual elements will always be easier to take care of than game elements, but that in no way explains or justifies the Staff's radio silence regarding this topic. I hope we will see some changes now that our Mother and Saviour Undel is back.
Zhukov wrote on 2019-02-19 06:27:57:

As a person who spent dozens of hours working on code and the Lair Visuals suggestion thread, I am incredibly happy to see that the Staff went through people's feedback and considered their reviews.

However, I have a feeling visual elements will always be easier to take care of than game elements, but that in no way explains or justifies the Staff's radio silence regarding this topic. I hope we will see some changes now that our Mother and Saviour Undel is back.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
The QoL improvements for the lair are amazing. I’m so grateful for being able to see how many slots I have normally, the gender markers being more visible, the tint change to the boxes, and the smaller hunger meters! I’m glad that the staff listened to our feedback and implemented these wonderful little changes. ;v;

Now I can only hope that the eyes get the same treatment!

Legacy vials are completely harmless, would help a lot of users, and would open up more options for customization in general (even post-update users might want Legacy for Tundras or the old white Ice eyes). Vials for the other eye types would let the staff keep Scattersights retired if they so choose while also restoring some of the control that we had for the last 5 years. Old dragons have no reason to be locked out of what could be an awesome feature with a few tweaks. :(

Even for new projects, people could decide to either work hard and earn/buy a special vial, or just breed for the eyes they want for free. I know I’d much, much rather grind and work for a Primal vial than do nest rentals for the next potentially 6+ years for a specific Primal hatchling, oof.
The QoL improvements for the lair are amazing. I’m so grateful for being able to see how many slots I have normally, the gender markers being more visible, the tint change to the boxes, and the smaller hunger meters! I’m glad that the staff listened to our feedback and implemented these wonderful little changes. ;v;

Now I can only hope that the eyes get the same treatment!

Legacy vials are completely harmless, would help a lot of users, and would open up more options for customization in general (even post-update users might want Legacy for Tundras or the old white Ice eyes). Vials for the other eye types would let the staff keep Scattersights retired if they so choose while also restoring some of the control that we had for the last 5 years. Old dragons have no reason to be locked out of what could be an awesome feature with a few tweaks. :(

Even for new projects, people could decide to either work hard and earn/buy a special vial, or just breed for the eyes they want for free. I know I’d much, much rather grind and work for a Primal vial than do nest rentals for the next potentially 6+ years for a specific Primal hatchling, oof.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
As a gen one lair, I'd fully support the implementation of eye-specific vials! The idea for the primal eye vial in the first post is amazing, especially if they were only obtainable during elemental holidays!
As a gen one lair, I'd fully support the implementation of eye-specific vials! The idea for the primal eye vial in the first post is amazing, especially if they were only obtainable during elemental holidays!
New Inventory on the AH!
Several other breeding sites have ways to either apply “mutations” or increase/decrease the odds of “mutations” appearing. If the eyes are intended to be a sort of mutation, which they seem to be, I don’t see why FR can’t have something like that as well? Breedable Faceted eyes and vial-able Faceted eyes could coexist.

“People won’t buy special-eyed dragons anymore if there are vials!” is like saying “People won’t buy dragons with Starmap anymore if there are scrolls!”. Someone who really wants an Obsidian/Obsidian/White Starmap dragon isn’t going to buy a Purple/Blue/Avocado Starmap dragon— sure, it has the gene they want, but it’s not the right colours. Same for the eyes.

Since the eye vials would probably be super expensive on the AH, as the eye types are very desirable and they can’t be reliably hatched or bred for like genes, people would still likely prefer to just buy the dragon they want off of the AH if they saw one they liked. If someone had a choice between buying an Abyss/Midnight/Cyan dragon with Lightning Primal for 500g or a Primal vial for 1000g, they’d probably rather buy the dragon that already has the eyes they want.

Plus, like everyone has said, “just buy one with the right eyes” or “just breed for it” doesn’t work when someone really wants specific eyes on an existing dragon, especially pre-update dragons that never had the chance to hatch with rare eyes. If somebody wants Wind Multi-Gaze on their beloved 4-year-old Wind rep, they aren’t going to want to replace it with an ugly Wind Multi-Gaze fodder on the AH— or even another dragon at all.

So kicking this back up with support again. ;; Plus full support for Legacy vials as well- those are totally harmless and wouldn’t affect the Natural eye types in the slightest.
Several other breeding sites have ways to either apply “mutations” or increase/decrease the odds of “mutations” appearing. If the eyes are intended to be a sort of mutation, which they seem to be, I don’t see why FR can’t have something like that as well? Breedable Faceted eyes and vial-able Faceted eyes could coexist.

“People won’t buy special-eyed dragons anymore if there are vials!” is like saying “People won’t buy dragons with Starmap anymore if there are scrolls!”. Someone who really wants an Obsidian/Obsidian/White Starmap dragon isn’t going to buy a Purple/Blue/Avocado Starmap dragon— sure, it has the gene they want, but it’s not the right colours. Same for the eyes.

Since the eye vials would probably be super expensive on the AH, as the eye types are very desirable and they can’t be reliably hatched or bred for like genes, people would still likely prefer to just buy the dragon they want off of the AH if they saw one they liked. If someone had a choice between buying an Abyss/Midnight/Cyan dragon with Lightning Primal for 500g or a Primal vial for 1000g, they’d probably rather buy the dragon that already has the eyes they want.

Plus, like everyone has said, “just buy one with the right eyes” or “just breed for it” doesn’t work when someone really wants specific eyes on an existing dragon, especially pre-update dragons that never had the chance to hatch with rare eyes. If somebody wants Wind Multi-Gaze on their beloved 4-year-old Wind rep, they aren’t going to want to replace it with an ugly Wind Multi-Gaze fodder on the AH— or even another dragon at all.

So kicking this back up with support again. ;; Plus full support for Legacy vials as well- those are totally harmless and wouldn’t affect the Natural eye types in the slightest.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Still want to hear back from the staff about this.
Still want to hear back from the staff about this.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
[quote]Plus, like everyone has said, “just buy one with the right eyes” or “just breed for it” doesn’t work when someone really wants specific eyes on an existing dragon, especially pre-update dragons that never had the chance to hatch with rare eyes. [/quote] This so much. Gen 1s, progens, special heritages, certain birth dates, unique ID#s, sentimental dragons, and a whole slew of other reasons mean its impossible to recreate much beloved dragons just to perfect their eyes. Please let our cherished dragons enjoy the new eyes.
Quote:
Plus, like everyone has said, “just buy one with the right eyes” or “just breed for it” doesn’t work when someone really wants specific eyes on an existing dragon, especially pre-update dragons that never had the chance to hatch with rare eyes.

This so much. Gen 1s, progens, special heritages, certain birth dates, unique ID#s, sentimental dragons, and a whole slew of other reasons mean its impossible to recreate much beloved dragons just to perfect their eyes. Please let our cherished dragons enjoy the new eyes.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2019-02-25 19:19:07" ] [quote]Plus, like everyone has said, “just buy one with the right eyes” or “just breed for it” doesn’t work when someone really wants specific eyes on an existing dragon, especially pre-update dragons that never had the chance to hatch with rare eyes. [/quote] This so much. Gen 1s, progens, special heritages, certain birth dates, unique ID#s, sentimental dragons, and a whole slew of other reasons mean its impossible to recreate much beloved dragons just to perfect their eyes. Please let our cherished dragons enjoy the new eyes. [/quote] To add to this as some people have mentioned even if you were to try and rebreed a dragon you own, according to the math these people did it could literally take YEARS to achieve that. I get fR is all about breeding the perfect dragons but I'm sure even the most avid dragon breeders among us rather not want to take years to just breed for one dragon.
gemajgall wrote on 2019-02-25 19:19:07:
Quote:
Plus, like everyone has said, “just buy one with the right eyes” or “just breed for it” doesn’t work when someone really wants specific eyes on an existing dragon, especially pre-update dragons that never had the chance to hatch with rare eyes.

This so much. Gen 1s, progens, special heritages, certain birth dates, unique ID#s, sentimental dragons, and a whole slew of other reasons mean its impossible to recreate much beloved dragons just to perfect their eyes. Please let our cherished dragons enjoy the new eyes.

To add to this as some people have mentioned even if you were to try and rebreed a dragon you own, according to the math these people did it could literally take YEARS to achieve that. I get fR is all about breeding the perfect dragons but I'm sure even the most avid dragon breeders among us rather not want to take years to just breed for one dragon.
DVcXRyP.png
full support. i have several existing dragons that i would love to have different eyes for lore purposes, and it really is absolutely ridiculous that the only way to change the eye types of the over four million dragons that were hatched before this update are items that only dropped in the coliseum for three days
full support. i have several existing dragons that i would love to have different eyes for lore purposes, and it really is absolutely ridiculous that the only way to change the eye types of the over four million dragons that were hatched before this update are items that only dropped in the coliseum for three days
- he/him
- fr +2
parkermegan_dragons.png stampbase.png
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 111 112