Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 111 112
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-10-19 07:27:47" ] In addition, the RNG is never fair. Someone could get lucky and role primal on the first time. Someone else could go through 500+ vials and never get primal once. That's not fair. [/quote] Same with breeding. While it’s true that all users have the same chance of hatching different eye types, the chances for anything beyond Rare are dismal to nonexistent. One user could get lucky and hatch a Multi-Gaze baby from their first nest, while another could spend literal [i]years[/i] breeding dragons and never once hatch a Multi-Gaze. Fair? Sure, in the sense that everyone has the same percentages to contend with. Fun? Not so much. Not to most users. Many breeding projects could already take upwards of a year between trying to get the right colours (and breed, if Imperial), as well as the 50/50 sex ratio. Tacking on eye RNG on top of that, particularly if the user wants one of the “Big 3” rare types, could make it take [b]half of a decade or more[/b] for the user to get the right dragon. That’s as long as FR has even [i]existed[/i]! The math has been done earlier, but: Say a user wants a Blood/Terracotta/Banana male Imperial with Light Primal. Even if they have two identical, unrelated Blood/Terracotta/Banana Imperials to breed, which would likely be its own months-long project, they’ll need a Light nest, meaning they either need to be in Light or risk unsupported nest rentals for a Light nest. Imperials can only breed once every 30 days, or 12 times in a year. Two Imperials have a max clutch size of 4, with the chance of getting 1-egged. That’s a max of 48 eggs in a year, or a minimum of 12. The chances of hatching Primal are roughly 0.5%, meaning there’s a [b]99.5% chance of failure[/b] on eye type alone. Factor in 50% gender odds on top of that, and a Primal Imperial breeding project could take years and years to achieve. Can you imagine finally seeing that Primal baby when you hatch a nest, only to go to your lair and discover that it’s the wrong gender? That is [i]not[/i] how FR was designed, and not the game that pre-update users signed up for. It’s also not fun to newbies, either- I’m sure they would much rather have their dream dragons be [b]actually achievable[/b] rather than locked behind horribly rigged RNG. — Plus, “breeding is more fair” also excludes people who either don’t breed or [b]can’t[/b] breed because they have maxed-out lairs full of 200 dragons that they love. Users with maxed lairs can’t breed even if they wanted to. They are entirely excluded from being able to participate! No, not all users want to (or can) spend the time on Baldwin, Swipp, or the Coliseum. But with eye vials, they would still have a surefire, guaranteed way to get the new eyes if they wanted to save up. People would sell their vials on the AH and forums, so even people who don’t grind/Swipp/brew could get them. Would active players be more likely to get these vials? Yeah, sure. [b]But that’s how games work![/b] You get what you put in! If someone doesn’t have the time- or doesn’t want to take the time- to work towards a goal, then that’s a problem on their end. I don’t have the drive to grind Coli all day like other users, so of course I’m not going to be as rich as them— but that doesn’t mean the game is “unfair” because some people have more time than me. 1% or less RNG odds is not fair or fun. :(
gemajgall wrote on 2018-10-19 07:27:47:
In addition, the RNG is never fair.

Someone could get lucky and role primal on the first time. Someone else could go through 500+ vials and never get primal once.

That's not fair.

Same with breeding.

While it’s true that all users have the same chance of hatching different eye types, the chances for anything beyond Rare are dismal to nonexistent. One user could get lucky and hatch a Multi-Gaze baby from their first nest, while another could spend literal years breeding dragons and never once hatch a Multi-Gaze.

Fair? Sure, in the sense that everyone has the same percentages to contend with.
Fun? Not so much. Not to most users.

Many breeding projects could already take upwards of a year between trying to get the right colours (and breed, if Imperial), as well as the 50/50 sex ratio. Tacking on eye RNG on top of that, particularly if the user wants one of the “Big 3” rare types, could make it take half of a decade or more for the user to get the right dragon. That’s as long as FR has even existed!

The math has been done earlier, but:

Say a user wants a Blood/Terracotta/Banana male Imperial with Light Primal. Even if they have two identical, unrelated Blood/Terracotta/Banana Imperials to breed, which would likely be its own months-long project, they’ll need a Light nest, meaning they either need to be in Light or risk unsupported nest rentals for a Light nest.

Imperials can only breed once every 30 days, or 12 times in a year. Two Imperials have a max clutch size of 4, with the chance of getting 1-egged. That’s a max of 48 eggs in a year, or a minimum of 12.

The chances of hatching Primal are roughly 0.5%, meaning there’s a 99.5% chance of failure on eye type alone.
Factor in 50% gender odds on top of that, and a Primal Imperial breeding project could take years and years to achieve. Can you imagine finally seeing that Primal baby when you hatch a nest, only to go to your lair and discover that it’s the wrong gender?

That is not how FR was designed, and not the game that pre-update users signed up for. It’s also not fun to newbies, either- I’m sure they would much rather have their dream dragons be actually achievable rather than locked behind horribly rigged RNG.

Plus, “breeding is more fair” also excludes people who either don’t breed or can’t breed because they have maxed-out lairs full of 200 dragons that they love. Users with maxed lairs can’t breed even if they wanted to. They are entirely excluded from being able to participate!

No, not all users want to (or can) spend the time on Baldwin, Swipp, or the Coliseum. But with eye vials, they would still have a surefire, guaranteed way to get the new eyes if they wanted to save up. People would sell their vials on the AH and forums, so even people who don’t grind/Swipp/brew could get them.

Would active players be more likely to get these vials? Yeah, sure. But that’s how games work! You get what you put in! If someone doesn’t have the time- or doesn’t want to take the time- to work towards a goal, then that’s a problem on their end. I don’t have the drive to grind Coli all day like other users, so of course I’m not going to be as rich as them— but that doesn’t mean the game is “unfair” because some people have more time than me.

1% or less RNG odds is not fair or fun. :(
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
And a new eye type here... And no word on the previous natural eyes. Or legacy/ancient/old vials, whatever you want to call the previous art.

But I'll continue to push this until the day I die, because I will never be satisfied with just common on some of my dragons.
And a new eye type here... And no word on the previous natural eyes. Or legacy/ancient/old vials, whatever you want to call the previous art.

But I'll continue to push this until the day I die, because I will never be satisfied with just common on some of my dragons.
XOxv5KE.png
As much as I like the new eye type we got, it's also served to highlight a continual problem with the new eyes; visibility.

Not all eye sizes are equally visible and while Dark Sclera is a cool style (I would've gladly had this as part of the "natural" breed-able pool instead of Facet/Multi/Primal, personally), it shows up very poorly on Ridgebacks, Skydancers, Imperials, etc. Yet again, Facet/Multi/Primal (and Glowing) being part of the breed-only eye set and unobtainable on old dragons without Scattersight Vials is that they are some of the most visually distinguishable eyes, making them a necessity on some breeds unless you want a clan full of Permababies just to show off the new eye tints.
As much as I like the new eye type we got, it's also served to highlight a continual problem with the new eyes; visibility.

Not all eye sizes are equally visible and while Dark Sclera is a cool style (I would've gladly had this as part of the "natural" breed-able pool instead of Facet/Multi/Primal, personally), it shows up very poorly on Ridgebacks, Skydancers, Imperials, etc. Yet again, Facet/Multi/Primal (and Glowing) being part of the breed-only eye set and unobtainable on old dragons without Scattersight Vials is that they are some of the most visually distinguishable eyes, making them a necessity on some breeds unless you want a clan full of Permababies just to show off the new eye tints.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=1&winggene=17&wings=7&auth=119eb9899e9448ad2cf6139074ed6e6436117b0a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] He's seen things. Jokes aside, if this isn't a natural eye type then why would Faceted be. Honestly, the "big three" should've just been available in special vials because at least you can see Primal and Multigaze on an adult dragon.
dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=1&winggene=17&wings=7&auth=119eb9899e9448ad2cf6139074ed6e6436117b0a&dummyext=prev.png
He's seen things.

Jokes aside, if this isn't a natural eye type then why would Faceted be. Honestly, the "big three" should've just been available in special vials because at least you can see Primal and Multigaze on an adult dragon.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
As predicted no reply in regards of the other eye types

Come on staff it really is not hard to say something, anything! Heck a "we'll consider it" would be nice
As predicted no reply in regards of the other eye types

Come on staff it really is not hard to say something, anything! Heck a "we'll consider it" would be nice
DVcXRyP.png
Yeah I am honestly so salty that there was no word about the other types. However, with the last and only statement that they made about the eyes, it kinda feels like they know they made a mistake. The best thing we can do is keep pushing

Honestly though, why are Primal, Faceted and Multi-Gaze even close to being natural?? Sure, keep them in the hatching pool because it makes hatching interesting, but we should have vials for that!! Or at least some other way of getting the damn eyes. I am so incredibly disappointed, that's all I have to say.

I understand if it was the Staff's dream, something they wanted to achieve and implement, but turns out there was a giant backslash instead. Maybe the dream in its entirety wasn't such a good idea, it's best to change some aspects of it.
Yeah I am honestly so salty that there was no word about the other types. However, with the last and only statement that they made about the eyes, it kinda feels like they know they made a mistake. The best thing we can do is keep pushing

Honestly though, why are Primal, Faceted and Multi-Gaze even close to being natural?? Sure, keep them in the hatching pool because it makes hatching interesting, but we should have vials for that!! Or at least some other way of getting the damn eyes. I am so incredibly disappointed, that's all I have to say.

I understand if it was the Staff's dream, something they wanted to achieve and implement, but turns out there was a giant backslash instead. Maybe the dream in its entirety wasn't such a good idea, it's best to change some aspects of it.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
This is just so bizarre, since you can't breed down the eyes we can now essentially brew an apparel item for 100kt that in some cases only affects a single pixel of a dragon's eye. If this isn't a massive wake-up call for the staff that there might be some issues with the eye system, I don't know what will be.

The most frustrating thing about this is that the Dark Sclera is super cool. It's really nice on Faes and Spirals with dark primaries in my opinion, and I did start brewing one for a G1 of mine. I love that they made a pretty eye type I can freely apply on any dragon I like. But there's only two eye types that work like that, meanwhile there's six that are essentially unavailable unless I like gambling.
This is just so bizarre, since you can't breed down the eyes we can now essentially brew an apparel item for 100kt that in some cases only affects a single pixel of a dragon's eye. If this isn't a massive wake-up call for the staff that there might be some issues with the eye system, I don't know what will be.

The most frustrating thing about this is that the Dark Sclera is super cool. It's really nice on Faes and Spirals with dark primaries in my opinion, and I did start brewing one for a G1 of mine. I love that they made a pretty eye type I can freely apply on any dragon I like. But there's only two eye types that work like that, meanwhile there's six that are essentially unavailable unless I like gambling.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
Maybe....only maybe the Staff is still testing out these individual vial waters. I like to think they are, that's like my only beacon of hope left...

I am not criticising what they've done for us afterwards though! I am super excited to use all these features that I have available and that don't include heavily nerfed gambling. The new eye type is fantastic, don't get me wrong, I really like it!
Maybe....only maybe the Staff is still testing out these individual vial waters. I like to think they are, that's like my only beacon of hope left...

I am not criticising what they've done for us afterwards though! I am super excited to use all these features that I have available and that don't include heavily nerfed gambling. The new eye type is fantastic, don't get me wrong, I really like it!
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
Something feels a bit... rude about them going “We’re listening and reviewing your feedback!”, giving us silence for over 4 months, and then releasing a new eye type without addressing any of the issues from the Eyepocalypse. :’| These problems aren’t going to magically dissolve because we’ve been given shiny new stuff... [item=salt] I mean, maybe they’re working on fixes? They haven’t outright said “No, we’ll never offer specific vials or Legacy eyes. Ever.” yet, so I guess the chance is still there...? I’m fine with the Natural eyes being hatchable, but having vials for them in addition to that would be really great. People can’t get the Natural eyes on their progens or old favorites, and honestly can’t even get them on breeding projects because the odds are so horrible. D: Also going to second the notion that Dark Sclera looks a lot more “natural” than Multi, Primal, or Faceted. Kinda weird that this is a Baldwin type and the others are “natural”??? Something else I noticed about Dark Sclera: It alters the lineart and shading of a dragon’s eyes. Even sclera size, for Pearlcatchers! Plague Common - eye mostly iris; sclera visible in the corner: [img]https://image.ibb.co/jBVFmL/FE21-A588-9-D4-D-4-F03-836-E-55-D501218-F39.jpg[/img] Plague Dark Sclera - eye at least 60% sclera, no detectable highlight or pupil: [img]https://image.ibb.co/hGX6t0/BB4122-E3-5-C0-E-4859-A9-E1-AA02-EEC8-CD9-F.jpg[/img] So, [i]hopefully[/i] since they’re clearly okay with having eye types that differ from the standard eye template, we’ll get Legacy eyes sometime. Those have different lineart and shading than the default eyes, as well as being different from Dark Sclera. ... I just want to fix my dragons, staff. ;__; Especially that plague PC girl whose bright red eyes, nice visible pupils, and white sclera were ruined.
Something feels a bit... rude about them going “We’re listening and reviewing your feedback!”, giving us silence for over 4 months, and then releasing a new eye type without addressing any of the issues from the Eyepocalypse. :’| These problems aren’t going to magically dissolve because we’ve been given shiny new stuff...
Salt

I mean, maybe they’re working on fixes? They haven’t outright said “No, we’ll never offer specific vials or Legacy eyes. Ever.” yet, so I guess the chance is still there...? I’m fine with the Natural eyes being hatchable, but having vials for them in addition to that would be really great. People can’t get the Natural eyes on their progens or old favorites, and honestly can’t even get them on breeding projects because the odds are so horrible. D:

Also going to second the notion that Dark Sclera looks a lot more “natural” than Multi, Primal, or Faceted. Kinda weird that this is a Baldwin type and the others are “natural”???

Something else I noticed about Dark Sclera: It alters the lineart and shading of a dragon’s eyes. Even sclera size, for Pearlcatchers!

Plague Common - eye mostly iris; sclera visible in the corner:
FE21-A588-9-D4-D-4-F03-836-E-55-D501218-F39.jpg

Plague Dark Sclera - eye at least 60% sclera, no detectable highlight or pupil:
BB4122-E3-5-C0-E-4859-A9-E1-AA02-EEC8-CD9-F.jpg

So, hopefully since they’re clearly okay with having eye types that differ from the standard eye template, we’ll get Legacy eyes sometime. Those have different lineart and shading than the default eyes, as well as being different from Dark Sclera.

... I just want to fix my dragons, staff. ;__; Especially that plague PC girl whose bright red eyes, nice visible pupils, and white sclera were ruined.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
If they can give us dark sclera, they can give us white sclera.

I am very glad though this isn't a natural eye type because that would mess with breeding/scattervial percentages even more. Both of which still need to be addressed: first by individual vials and second by cycling the scattervials.
If they can give us dark sclera, they can give us white sclera.

I am very glad though this isn't a natural eye type because that would mess with breeding/scattervial percentages even more. Both of which still need to be addressed: first by individual vials and second by cycling the scattervials.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 111 112