Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 111 112
ohhh this is really cool! that would allow us to match our dragons' eyes to their colors much much easier, without having to pay for gems or grind for days on end to afford 100 scattersights!
ohhh this is really cool! that would allow us to match our dragons' eyes to their colors much much easier, without having to pay for gems or grind for days on end to afford 100 scattersights!
tumblr_inline_ohfczvU5Sp1tfmvub_540.pngqLEINKU.pngtumblr_inline_ohfczvOoQU1tfmvub_540.png
I’m glad that this thread is still going strong!

I think I’ve said this before, but... While I want to be excited about the new eyes, between the fact that my dragons all got “standardized” on me and the fact that most of the cool new eyes are pretty much impossible to get due to horrible RNG, I just. Can’t. ;__;

I just don’t understand why we can’t have a little more control over eye types (since Natural eyes aren’t worth much now), and why we can’t get the old eyes back. I feel like there would be more excitement and joy over the eyes if we had a better shot at getting the cool new Natural types (especially on beloved pre-update dragons), and if we could restore the old eyes to dragons as well.
I’m glad that this thread is still going strong!

I think I’ve said this before, but... While I want to be excited about the new eyes, between the fact that my dragons all got “standardized” on me and the fact that most of the cool new eyes are pretty much impossible to get due to horrible RNG, I just. Can’t. ;__;

I just don’t understand why we can’t have a little more control over eye types (since Natural eyes aren’t worth much now), and why we can’t get the old eyes back. I feel like there would be more excitement and joy over the eyes if we had a better shot at getting the cool new Natural types (especially on beloved pre-update dragons), and if we could restore the old eyes to dragons as well.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
major support bc tbh it never should have been a limited thing!
major support bc tbh it never should have been a limited thing!
@Freowyn and @mentalredux
Thanks for the support on this topic guys! Just wanted to let you know that forum mods tend to delete posts without additional feedback or comments, so it might be a good idea to add another sentence or two (could literally just be "I want this because ____") so your posts don't get auto-deleted.
@Freowyn and @mentalredux
Thanks for the support on this topic guys! Just wanted to let you know that forum mods tend to delete posts without additional feedback or comments, so it might be a good idea to add another sentence or two (could literally just be "I want this because ____") so your posts don't get auto-deleted.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
@Illiobillium

noted, i changed my comment! :D
@Illiobillium

noted, i changed my comment! :D
tumblr_inline_ohfczvU5Sp1tfmvub_540.pngqLEINKU.pngtumblr_inline_ohfczvOoQU1tfmvub_540.png
[quote name="Illiobillium" date="2018-09-22 02:02:16" ] mods tend to delete posts without additional feedback or comments [/quote] Like, I know this but that's honestly so weird?? This is a thread made for suggestions, a person makes a suggestion post, people can support it or not support it and add their own opinions. For some reason, "support" comments which are completely valid might get deleted ??? strange
Illiobillium wrote on 2018-09-22 02:02:16:
mods tend to delete posts without additional feedback or comments

Like, I know this but that's honestly so weird?? This is a thread made for suggestions, a person makes a suggestion post, people can support it or not support it and add their own opinions. For some reason, "support" comments which are completely valid might get deleted

??? strange
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
[quote name="DeadBattery" date="2018-09-22 02:43:49" ] Like, I know this but that's honestly so weird?? This is a thread made for suggestions, a person makes a suggestion post, people can support it or not support it and add their own opinions. For some reason, "support" comments which are completely valid might get deleted ??? strange [/quote] I can somewhat understand the mod's position regarding posts like that, since they don't particularly offer any real discussion regarding site features and changes which is more what the forums are for, and I think it's to encourage dialogue over support tallying. On the other hand, some users genuinely are just happy with the suggestion posts as-is and asking users to quantify or contextualize why they support something can be a bit of a nuisance if they feel they don't have anything to add. (Honestly a small poll feature might not be a bad idea for the forums, namely that thread owners can set up a "Do you like this idea, yes/no?" poll for just general forum browsing, but I sincerely doubt that will ever be implemented on-site.)
DeadBattery wrote on 2018-09-22 02:43:49:
Like, I know this but that's honestly so weird?? This is a thread made for suggestions, a person makes a suggestion post, people can support it or not support it and add their own opinions. For some reason, "support" comments which are completely valid might get deleted

??? strange
I can somewhat understand the mod's position regarding posts like that, since they don't particularly offer any real discussion regarding site features and changes which is more what the forums are for, and I think it's to encourage dialogue over support tallying.

On the other hand, some users genuinely are just happy with the suggestion posts as-is and asking users to quantify or contextualize why they support something can be a bit of a nuisance if they feel they don't have anything to add.

(Honestly a small poll feature might not be a bad idea for the forums, namely that thread owners can set up a "Do you like this idea, yes/no?" poll for just general forum browsing, but I sincerely doubt that will ever be implemented on-site.)

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
The “support/no support comments not allowed” thing makes sense in a way, since the Suggestions forum is supposed to be for discussion... but at the same time, I feel like those comments are still important? Like, if 1000 users say “support!” and only 4 say “no support”, you can guess that the suggestion will be well-received. If 1000 users say “no support” and only 4 say “support!”, then you can guess that the suggestion wouldn’t be a good idea to implement because it would make a lot of users upset.

But I digress, haha.

Back on topic: I hope that whatever new eye type comes out next is an Unnatural type and not another “Natural/hatch-only” type. Would a new Natural eye type even be included in the Scattersight pool, or would people be completely unable to get it on pre-release dragons? Because that sounds absolutely terrible. ;__;

I like the idea of hatching dragons with random eye types, but I wish that these eye types were also available through vials, especially since they don’t get passed down like genes. That way, it’d be kind of like breeding an Iridescent dragon with a Basic dragon and getting an Iridescent hatchling: Still a rare hatch, and if you wanted Iridescent on that baby, you just got it for free instead of having to save for a scroll!

The disconnect between “How users actually enjoy and play the game” and “How the devs think users should be playing the game” is still a big problem with the eyes. I’d really like it to get fixed, but right now, idk if it ever will...
The “support/no support comments not allowed” thing makes sense in a way, since the Suggestions forum is supposed to be for discussion... but at the same time, I feel like those comments are still important? Like, if 1000 users say “support!” and only 4 say “no support”, you can guess that the suggestion will be well-received. If 1000 users say “no support” and only 4 say “support!”, then you can guess that the suggestion wouldn’t be a good idea to implement because it would make a lot of users upset.

But I digress, haha.

Back on topic: I hope that whatever new eye type comes out next is an Unnatural type and not another “Natural/hatch-only” type. Would a new Natural eye type even be included in the Scattersight pool, or would people be completely unable to get it on pre-release dragons? Because that sounds absolutely terrible. ;__;

I like the idea of hatching dragons with random eye types, but I wish that these eye types were also available through vials, especially since they don’t get passed down like genes. That way, it’d be kind of like breeding an Iridescent dragon with a Basic dragon and getting an Iridescent hatchling: Still a rare hatch, and if you wanted Iridescent on that baby, you just got it for free instead of having to save for a scroll!

The disconnect between “How users actually enjoy and play the game” and “How the devs think users should be playing the game” is still a big problem with the eyes. I’d really like it to get fixed, but right now, idk if it ever will...
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote]I like the idea of hatching dragons with random eye types, but I wish that these eye types were also available through vials, especially since they don’t get passed down like genes. That way, it’d be kind of like breeding an Iridescent dragon with a Basic dragon and getting an Iridescent hatchling: Still a rare hatch, and if you wanted Iridescent on that baby, you just got it for free instead of having to save for a scroll![/quote] [color=indigo] I'm with you! Randomness is fun sometimes, I like breeding dragons with wide colour ranges just to see what I may get and it is exciting to get one that is surprisingly pretty! Scatter projects can also be fun! But the difference there is that with the eyes, randomness is the *only* way to interact with this feature, whereas dragon colours are easily controlled for by breeding. And imo this takes it from fun to frustrating.
Quote:

I'm with you! Randomness is fun sometimes, I like breeding dragons with wide colour ranges just to see what I may get and it is exciting to get one that is surprisingly pretty! Scatter projects can also be fun!

But the difference there is that with the eyes, randomness is the *only* way to interact with this feature, whereas dragon colours are easily controlled for by breeding. And imo this takes it from fun to frustrating.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I was super hesitant when I clicked on this thread mostly because eye suggestion threads I've seen can get a bit demanding, and I love the update and the sense of equality it gives in some elements. It's helped me a LOT as a breeder.
But it is rather frustrating when it concerns my fan dragons, and I'd be very happy to see a system like this implemented.

Though it's probably beating a dead horse at this point to keep asking, after what, three months?
I was super hesitant when I clicked on this thread mostly because eye suggestion threads I've seen can get a bit demanding, and I love the update and the sense of equality it gives in some elements. It's helped me a LOT as a breeder.
But it is rather frustrating when it concerns my fan dragons, and I'd be very happy to see a system like this implemented.

Though it's probably beating a dead horse at this point to keep asking, after what, three months?
2021-01-27-FR-trade-theodericc-2-w-apparel.png _aaaaa
My name is Derek! he/him

vz4ED9D.png
_aaaaa 2021-01-27-FR-trade-theodericc-w-apparel-flipped.png
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 111 112