Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 111 112
I love the diversity of the way players can acquire specific vials. With those implemented, I think we could have another MP/GMP item that just roles randomly for common, uncommon, unusual and rare (sorry if that was mentioned in the OP, by the time I got through the individual vials, it was tl;dr). So this gets my support. Anything that allows players to update their existing dragons with this new feature will just about always get my support.
I love the diversity of the way players can acquire specific vials. With those implemented, I think we could have another MP/GMP item that just roles randomly for common, uncommon, unusual and rare (sorry if that was mentioned in the OP, by the time I got through the individual vials, it was tl;dr). So this gets my support. Anything that allows players to update their existing dragons with this new feature will just about always get my support.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@PersimmonBird

Yeah, I meant a specific element's vial could only be used on dragons of that element. Like I said, I don't personally think it's necessary, I think the idea is great as-is. But seeing "a guaranteed vial will still make those eye types too common eventually" as a possible argument against the idea, elemental vials would be a way of addressing that argument.
@PersimmonBird

Yeah, I meant a specific element's vial could only be used on dragons of that element. Like I said, I don't personally think it's necessary, I think the idea is great as-is. But seeing "a guaranteed vial will still make those eye types too common eventually" as a possible argument against the idea, elemental vials would be a way of addressing that argument.
I love these ideas! I think it's a great way to give people a chance to get the cool eyes while still putting in some effort -- honestly, the effort is what's most fun to me.
I love these ideas! I think it's a great way to give people a chance to get the cool eyes while still putting in some effort -- honestly, the effort is what's most fun to me.
Absolute support. As an old user/KS backer, I've felt so alienated from this update. I've had five years to grow extremely attached to my dragons. Every update so far with the implementation of new genes and the like has always allowed me to interact with them regardless of my dragons' age. Sure, maybe it's not at all practical to gene and re-gene (as well as scatter and re-scatter colors, if that's your thing), it is possible if you want to do it. It's accessible through time, effort, and in some cases money.

While I appreciate and absolutely agree with Staff trying to breathe life into newer dragons so the collecting of newly hatched dragons is more appealing, throwing the old users/dragons under the bus is not the way to go about it. Giving us an extremely difficult way to earn those eyes that had a pretty much 1% chance with scattersight is not going to damage that goal in any way, only make it so we no longer feel punished for supporting this site for so long.

Also, I've seen a lot of people elsewhere on the site calling it entitlement to want a way to earn the rare eyes for their older dragons. They compare it to people crying over KS gear and sprites, but they have nothing in common. Those are collectible items that can be passed around and that you're not barred from trying to buy from other users. I don't think it's entitlement to be willing to spend months and months to grind for something that I spent 72 panicked hours grinding for to never see.
Absolute support. As an old user/KS backer, I've felt so alienated from this update. I've had five years to grow extremely attached to my dragons. Every update so far with the implementation of new genes and the like has always allowed me to interact with them regardless of my dragons' age. Sure, maybe it's not at all practical to gene and re-gene (as well as scatter and re-scatter colors, if that's your thing), it is possible if you want to do it. It's accessible through time, effort, and in some cases money.

While I appreciate and absolutely agree with Staff trying to breathe life into newer dragons so the collecting of newly hatched dragons is more appealing, throwing the old users/dragons under the bus is not the way to go about it. Giving us an extremely difficult way to earn those eyes that had a pretty much 1% chance with scattersight is not going to damage that goal in any way, only make it so we no longer feel punished for supporting this site for so long.

Also, I've seen a lot of people elsewhere on the site calling it entitlement to want a way to earn the rare eyes for their older dragons. They compare it to people crying over KS gear and sprites, but they have nothing in common. Those are collectible items that can be passed around and that you're not barred from trying to buy from other users. I don't think it's entitlement to be willing to spend months and months to grind for something that I spent 72 panicked hours grinding for to never see.
健 健 健
å…¨ å…¨ å…¨
な な な
ã‚‹ ã‚‹ ã‚‹
肉 精 魂
体 神 は,
に と,
宿
ã‚‹.
*bangs fists on table* I would -love- to see a festival vial (maybe to replace the vista) that changed the dragons eyes and element in the chaos of the magical fluctuation. Just imagine the lore that could support it... a band of shadow dragons pressing a new recruit into the fold and the initiation is to turn themselves into a shadow dragon... or parents adopting an abandoned egg and infusing the child with the vial so that their element matches and they join the family proper.

Or simply, you find/hatch a dragon for a character project who just happens to have the wrong eye colour for what you were trying for. Wait for the appropriate festival and then fix their eyes to match the character they represent!
*bangs fists on table* I would -love- to see a festival vial (maybe to replace the vista) that changed the dragons eyes and element in the chaos of the magical fluctuation. Just imagine the lore that could support it... a band of shadow dragons pressing a new recruit into the fold and the initiation is to turn themselves into a shadow dragon... or parents adopting an abandoned egg and infusing the child with the vial so that their element matches and they join the family proper.

Or simply, you find/hatch a dragon for a character project who just happens to have the wrong eye colour for what you were trying for. Wait for the appropriate festival and then fix their eyes to match the character they represent!
singerrunesig.png wowbox.png
tatsbox.png
firstgenr.png
Rynn.png
Said this in the staff's update on the 5th anniversary topic as well - full support. I would also like a way to change the dragons' eyes between the more common variations without eventually paying millions for Vials of Scattersight. That's much more minor an issue than these extremely rare and near impossible to attain eyes though.
Said this in the staff's update on the 5th anniversary topic as well - full support. I would also like a way to change the dragons' eyes between the more common variations without eventually paying millions for Vials of Scattersight. That's much more minor an issue than these extremely rare and near impossible to attain eyes though.
earthh5.png
ADSJKSG I am so flattered and honestly so glad you peeps like the idea! Thank you so much for all the support so far ♥
ADSJKSG I am so flattered and honestly so glad you peeps like the idea! Thank you so much for all the support so far ♥
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
Great ideas, I would fully support this. I feel everyone deserves a fair chance to get these eyes on their older dragons. Even if these became items only available through Joxar's that would be enough to make me happy.
Great ideas, I would fully support this. I feel everyone deserves a fair chance to get these eyes on their older dragons. Even if these became items only available through Joxar's that would be enough to make me happy.
I love this suggestion, only thing I might disagree is the rarity of the primal vial, I mean I think it should be rarer but maybe not that rare seeing as you can only farm for it while it's festival. I may just be extremely unlucky but I have played this game for over 4 years now and I have during that time gotten maybe 2 eggs from coli and have had slightly more luck with the eliminates but not too good with those neither.
I love this suggestion, only thing I might disagree is the rarity of the primal vial, I mean I think it should be rarer but maybe not that rare seeing as you can only farm for it while it's festival. I may just be extremely unlucky but I have played this game for over 4 years now and I have during that time gotten maybe 2 eggs from coli and have had slightly more luck with the eliminates but not too good with those neither.
ism0MYQ.pngoKlBAFC.png kRnGBHl.gif
FR +10
Support. I don't think it'll happen, since the Staff have apparently decided that leaving out a large chunk of their playerbase is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, but I can hope and dream.
Support. I don't think it'll happen, since the Staff have apparently decided that leaving out a large chunk of their playerbase is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, but I can hope and dream.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 111 112