Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
[quote name="@Ipepi" date="2019-05-18 19:17:12" ] Honestly, no support. I would rather the staff put their time and effort into other aspects of this site other than this. The eye change is so minuscule that it really isn't noticeable. That plus the fact that the only eyes it would even be noticeable on in adults are the spirals and feas it just seems like a waste of time. I've been on this site for three years now and anytime the staff tries to make changes in a new direction there is always this type of lash back. They have so many really cool plans coming up that I am really excited for. I don't want those plans getting set back because a few people (half of which I doubt will bother to change the eyes back anyway) want the old eyes back. They aren't even that different. [/quote] I have two questions. 1) Do you react this way to every new eye suggestion, because none of them are that different? If so, I actually agree. I don't think we should have eye types at all because they're not noticeable on 90% of adult dragon poses. I think the artists' effort would be much better spent on literally anything other than new eyes. All the same, sort of counter-intuitive for the staff to say they're giving us more options while at the same time taking away the option that we've literally built dragons on in the past, no? However, somebody somewhere has decided that "more eye options" are good despite, as you say, none of them being really all that visible. Legacy eyes would, as a matter of fact, be in that category. 2) What is this "effort" of which you speak? We already have all the art necessary for the old eyes--for a long time, it was all we had, so there is nothing for the art team to do. We also have the mechanics all ready to go to apply the eyes--we have the vials for dark sclera and swirl eyes. That has to be done is the modicum of effort required to put the two together. I don't want to downplay how difficult that is, but implementing legacy eyes shouldn't put back any new breed development (besides, of course, having to add a "legacy" eye type for them) or work on the new map. So, I really just have to wonder. What in the world are you talking about?
@Ipepi wrote on 2019-05-18 19:17:12:
Honestly, no support. I would rather the staff put their time and effort into other aspects of this site other than this. The eye change is so minuscule that it really isn't noticeable. That plus the fact that the only eyes it would even be noticeable on in adults are the spirals and feas it just seems like a waste of time.

I've been on this site for three years now and anytime the staff tries to make changes in a new direction there is always this type of lash back. They have so many really cool plans coming up that I am really excited for. I don't want those plans getting set back because a few people (half of which I doubt will bother to change the eyes back anyway) want the old eyes back.

They aren't even that different.
I have two questions.

1) Do you react this way to every new eye suggestion, because none of them are that different?

If so, I actually agree. I don't think we should have eye types at all because they're not noticeable on 90% of adult dragon poses. I think the artists' effort would be much better spent on literally anything other than new eyes.

All the same, sort of counter-intuitive for the staff to say they're giving us more options while at the same time taking away the option that we've literally built dragons on in the past, no?

However, somebody somewhere has decided that "more eye options" are good despite, as you say, none of them being really all that visible. Legacy eyes would, as a matter of fact, be in that category.

2) What is this "effort" of which you speak?

We already have all the art necessary for the old eyes--for a long time, it was all we had, so there is nothing for the art team to do. We also have the mechanics all ready to go to apply the eyes--we have the vials for dark sclera and swirl eyes. That has to be done is the modicum of effort required to put the two together. I don't want to downplay how difficult that is, but implementing legacy eyes shouldn't put back any new breed development (besides, of course, having to add a "legacy" eye type for them) or work on the new map.

So, I really just have to wonder.

What in the world are you talking about?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
This thread has been locked. For more information, please see our response on the Vial of Scattersight and related suggestions in the Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes thread.
This thread has been locked. For more information, please see our response on the Vial of Scattersight and related suggestions in the Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes thread.
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58