Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gems to Gold transmute system
1 2 3 4 5
Seriously, this is a basic mechanic in most mobile apps, and there aren't enough interesting things u need to unlock using gems that you cant just use gold for. having some form of "transmute gems into gold" option would make a lot of sense.

in general in the auction house its easy to see that 1 gem = about 1000 gold. just make a system to converts gems into that thousands worth of gold. it'd make everything a lot easier to do, especially since lair upgrades HAVE to be bought with gold.
Seriously, this is a basic mechanic in most mobile apps, and there aren't enough interesting things u need to unlock using gems that you cant just use gold for. having some form of "transmute gems into gold" option would make a lot of sense.

in general in the auction house its easy to see that 1 gem = about 1000 gold. just make a system to converts gems into that thousands worth of gold. it'd make everything a lot easier to do, especially since lair upgrades HAVE to be bought with gold.
Yeah, if anything update the conversion rate to match the market rates at the time.
Yeah, if anything update the conversion rate to match the market rates at the time.
tumblr_papfgyiEtt1vvc1jno3_500.png
@heirdragonair

Welcome to fr! The trading rate you posted has changed an will change over time since treasure vs gem exchange is a playerrun market. To exchange your gems find a tradepartner on the forums and then trade per crossroads for a secure transaction.

No support for any non player run market since that just makes gemes rediculously hard to get since fewer would be left in the game if playertrades were so heavily discouraged.
@heirdragonair

Welcome to fr! The trading rate you posted has changed an will change over time since treasure vs gem exchange is a playerrun market. To exchange your gems find a tradepartner on the forums and then trade per crossroads for a secure transaction.

No support for any non player run market since that just makes gemes rediculously hard to get since fewer would be left in the game if playertrades were so heavily discouraged.
One question as this suggestion is all too common - why is 1:1000 the "correct" ratio? Why not 1:850 that you could easily get on Item sales forum? Why not 1:50 or 1:4000? No support until some reasons for a fixed g/t ratio will be provided.
One question as this suggestion is all too common - why is 1:1000 the "correct" ratio? Why not 1:850 that you could easily get on Item sales forum? Why not 1:50 or 1:4000? No support until some reasons for a fixed g/t ratio will be provided.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="Ismaiel" date="2018-02-16 13:56:13" ] @heirdragonair Welcome to fr! The trading rate you posted has changed an will change over time since treasure vs gem exchange is a playerrun market. To exchange your gems find a tradepartner on the forums and then trade per crossroads for a secure transaction. No support for any non player run market since that just makes gemes rediculously hard to get since fewer would be left in the game if playertrades were so heavily discouraged. [/quote] i bring up this idea because it would make everything a lot more convenient. player trades are good and all, but when you need shit now and dont want to wait for someone to trade u however much for however much, a quick option to convert some of ur gems to gold would be nice.
Ismaiel wrote on 2018-02-16 13:56:13:
@heirdragonair

i bring up this idea because it would make everything a lot more convenient. player trades are good and all, but when you need **** now and dont want to wait for someone to trade u however much for however much, a quick option to convert some of ur gems to gold would be nice.
If you are really that desperate, then the ability to list gems for treasure and vice versa on the AH would be useful. No support for crippling the economy by having a site-fixed ratio (which the admins have specifically said they don't wanna do so... not gonna happen anyway).
If you are really that desperate, then the ability to list gems for treasure and vice versa on the AH would be useful. No support for crippling the economy by having a site-fixed ratio (which the admins have specifically said they don't wanna do so... not gonna happen anyway).
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-02-16 13:57:15" ] One question as this suggestion is all too common - why is 1:1000 the "correct" ratio? Why not 1:850 that you could easily get on Item sales forum? Why not 1:50 or 1:4000? No support until some reasons for a fixed g/t ratio will be provided. [/quote] a 1:1000 ratio makes sense. its easy to understand at least to me. unless 1:850 is the proper conversion rate, 1:1000 is easy to understand and it makes sense. and besides, a 1:1000 ratio would Fix the gold:gems ration that varies for everything. and besides, its for simple conversion for when u need Gold. im not saying convert gold into gems (thats why theres microtransactions). but being able to convert my gems to gold quickly would save me a lot of grief when i dont have the time to play the games necessary to get that money. trading is fine and all, but then u have to wait for someone to actually trade with u. its a suggestion to make the game more user friendly for the people that arent Hardcore into the community (ie, someone like me, we doesnt like forums out of principal). if the admins want to make the conversion rate a changing variable depending on how things go in the sales forums and auction house, fine by me. i just want to convert my gems to gold to make things easier for myself
RedWillia wrote on 2018-02-16 13:57:15:

a 1:1000 ratio makes sense. its easy to understand at least to me. unless 1:850 is the proper conversion rate, 1:1000 is easy to understand and it makes sense.

and besides, a 1:1000 ratio would Fix the gold:gems ration that varies for everything. and besides, its for simple conversion for when u need Gold. im not saying convert gold into gems (thats why theres microtransactions). but being able to convert my gems to gold quickly would save me a lot of grief when i dont have the time to play the games necessary to get that money. trading is fine and all, but then u have to wait for someone to actually trade with u.

its a suggestion to make the game more user friendly for the people that arent Hardcore into the community (ie, someone like me, we doesnt like forums out of principal). if the admins want to make the conversion rate a changing variable depending on how things go in the sales forums and auction house, fine by me. i just want to convert my gems to gold to make things easier for myself
@Vendrus yeah or something like that. i know lioden has that tab in their marketplace
@Vendrus yeah or something like that. i know lioden has that tab in their marketplace
I would prefer being able to buy gold (or gems) from other users directly from the AH. That way it could be quicker and stuff, but we still get to keep the player run ratio.
I would prefer being able to buy gold (or gems) from other users directly from the AH. That way it could be quicker and stuff, but we still get to keep the player run ratio.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
We don't support a site run exchange, nor a fixed ratio. Gem value goes up and down with demand. In 2013 when treasure was hard to earn gems used to sell for 50 treasure each. Why should 1:1000 be the fixed rate just because it's roughly the current one?

You can easily trade your currency in the items for sale forum. If you need to convert right this second you can do that with an extra fee (either sell gems cheaper or buy them for more), much like you want anyway. You'll always find someone willing to snap up a bargain.

It'd be nice to be able to trade gems with other users through the AH though :D
We don't support a site run exchange, nor a fixed ratio. Gem value goes up and down with demand. In 2013 when treasure was hard to earn gems used to sell for 50 treasure each. Why should 1:1000 be the fixed rate just because it's roughly the current one?

You can easily trade your currency in the items for sale forum. If you need to convert right this second you can do that with an extra fee (either sell gems cheaper or buy them for more), much like you want anyway. You'll always find someone willing to snap up a bargain.

It'd be nice to be able to trade gems with other users through the AH though :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
1 2 3 4 5