Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Family Tree Lineage
1 2
It would be awesome to be able to see a full family tree for dragons. Like if I bought a hatchling from the Auction House I could click Lineage and just see a whole family tree instead of having to go through all the family members separately.
It would be awesome to be able to see a full family tree for dragons. Like if I bought a hatchling from the Auction House I could click Lineage and just see a whole family tree instead of having to go through all the family members separately.
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko9_500.png
Heck no.. Lineages are fully inimportant and can get incredible long. This could cause serious lag without being of any use.
Heck no.. Lineages are fully inimportant and can get incredible long. This could cause serious lag without being of any use.
If there was a Family Tree implemented, it should be in the Scrying Workship under "Assess Bloodlines" and no where else. It would be difficult to put it in the dragon's profile since it would take too much space and, with what Ismaiel said, would cause too much lag.
If there was a Family Tree implemented, it should be in the Scrying Workship under "Assess Bloodlines" and no where else. It would be difficult to put it in the dragon's profile since it would take too much space and, with what Ismaiel said, would cause too much lag.
Updating Signature 1606945728871.png Updating Signature
After 4 years of fr the family trees of many dragons are already incredibly complicated and too large. If I want to find a root of one my dragon's family tree I usually just go through all of the fathers/mothers in a line until I hit a progen or first gen.

While it would be neat to see a full pedigree for a dragon I think it isnt feasible and would be clunky.
After 4 years of fr the family trees of many dragons are already incredibly complicated and too large. If I want to find a root of one my dragon's family tree I usually just go through all of the fathers/mothers in a line until I hit a progen or first gen.

While it would be neat to see a full pedigree for a dragon I think it isnt feasible and would be clunky.
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
Sorry but no. If you try this yourself - pick one of your dragons (pick one that's quite a few generation), and draw a full family tree for it. If you ever tried it out I can assure you you'll understand this feature is going to cause nothing but trouble for the site.
Sorry but no. If you try this yourself - pick one of your dragons (pick one that's quite a few generation), and draw a full family tree for it. If you ever tried it out I can assure you you'll understand this feature is going to cause nothing but trouble for the site.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@RedeemedDemon
my suggestion is an alternate make it so dragons who have children in linages have a different color so its easier to trace back
@RedeemedDemon
my suggestion is an alternate make it so dragons who have children in linages have a different color so its easier to trace back
do_your_best_by_theblueguardian-d9o4vge.png
NO, NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I've already played one game with that mechanic and if you thought it was hard selling dragons now . Just imagine what's going to happen if people start to only want Alternating Spiral Stairstep XX Leaf Butterfly Coatls out of XX White Skink WCs (with only a foundation starter of a particular KS backed imperial and a gened XXX G1)

G1s and scatters would be king. Everyone's previous dragons would be nearly worthless because of their lineage.

I sat down once just to track down the G1 imps in a few of my dragons. If you have any imps, do the same and you'll see just what a bad idea being able to quickly and easily see lineages is.

@Risuna A slightly better option would be a different color for unexalted ("living" in a lair) offspring or parents, maybe?
NO, NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I've already played one game with that mechanic and if you thought it was hard selling dragons now . Just imagine what's going to happen if people start to only want Alternating Spiral Stairstep XX Leaf Butterfly Coatls out of XX White Skink WCs (with only a foundation starter of a particular KS backed imperial and a gened XXX G1)

G1s and scatters would be king. Everyone's previous dragons would be nearly worthless because of their lineage.

I sat down once just to track down the G1 imps in a few of my dragons. If you have any imps, do the same and you'll see just what a bad idea being able to quickly and easily see lineages is.

@Risuna A slightly better option would be a different color for unexalted ("living" in a lair) offspring or parents, maybe?
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@RedeemedDemon It would be, but it becomes far too complicated with how quickly dragons can breed and how they can have infinite offspring and never die. I just tried this with one of my dragons and got to 159 dragons and have only fleshed out 1 side of her tree and that's still about 90% done. [img]http://i.imgur.com/dBlNwuX.png[/img] Can't even see the entire tree anymore in one go. I circled a past ancestor so you can see how the next image lines up to this one. [img]http://i.imgur.com/lo2qs9R.png[/img] Many of Azaalas ancestors go back to peoples progens from the start of the series. Imagine doing this in just another year or 4yrs from now. It'd be insane!
@RedeemedDemon
It would be, but it becomes far too complicated with how quickly dragons can breed and how they can have infinite offspring and never die. I just tried this with one of my dragons and got to 159 dragons and have only fleshed out 1 side of her tree and that's still about 90% done.

dBlNwuX.png Can't even see the entire tree anymore in one go. I circled a past ancestor so you can see how the next image lines up to this one.

lo2qs9R.png
Many of Azaalas ancestors go back to peoples progens from the start of the series. Imagine doing this in just another year or 4yrs from now. It'd be insane!
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
@LicianDragon I know, but what if they excluded the dragons that have been Exalted?
@LicianDragon I know, but what if they excluded the dragons that have been Exalted?
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko9_500.png
@LicianDragon tell me about it Ive traced all my progen's progeny to the 5 get this is what it looks like with just the dragons who have desendedts to the 5th gen there were 120 total by the second generation alone
this is only about 1/6 of it
Daron (exalted light)
  1. Thane (exalted Ice)
    1. Hiyo
      1. Gunmetal
        1. Unnamed
        2. Royal
    2. Sanjuro
      1. Unnamed
          MonDan
          William
          Unnamed
          Qimugta
  2. CottonCandy (exalted ice)
    1. Faradwae
      1. Jeanell
          Thelxiope
          Cheripha
          Alyssum
          Kaci
          Romeria
[/quote]
Quote:
[
Joy (exalted wind)
  1. SoulSong (exalted storm)
    1. Argent
      1. Lavender
          Unnamed
          Princessa
          Blixt
          Royal
          Julius
          Leo
          Stallings
          Zerfetzer
          Sabetha
          Fimbulvetr
          Mikey
          Elano
          Frigg
          Longtalon
          Sauder
          Lowell
          Artemis
          Sophalla
          Unnamed
          Krii
          Krii
[*]Kingslanding (exalted plague)
  1. Sansa
    1. Ryu
        Plum
        Centaury
    2. Riae
        Victoria
        Dylan
    3. Angelis
        Deatach
        Shimo
        Yami
        Tiirno
        Shine
        Warren
        Amnethyst
        Shacca
        Gwaihir
        Hare
        Chamber
        Unnamed
        Unnamed
[*]Eryl (exalted ice)
[*]Abel
  1. Uzume
      Unnamed
      Abra
      Ja
      Unnamed
      Ravniq
      Unnamed
      Unnamed
      Unnamed
      Unnamed
      Unnamed
      Unnamed
      Unnamed
      Unnamed
      Unnamed
  2. Mythic
    1. Lo
        Valentinus
        Elselai
        Scarla
        Kalea
        Thistle
        Audacious
  3. Perfect
    1. Puppet
    2. Encore
    3. Unnamed
    4. Keelan
    5. Lyla
    6. Sana
  4. Envy
    1. Wyrenil
    2. Famon
    3. Amsterdam
    4. Ythariel
  5. Ryukai
    1. Unnamed
    2. Unnamed
    3. Unnamed
    4. Unnamed
[*]Zypher (active lair)
  1. Thrash
    1. Rhune
    2. Rainscale
    3. Sharp
    4. Pixel
    5. Blacklight
    6. Drei
    7. Onyx
    8. Cyberstorm
    9. Cyberblues

[*]NightSong (exalted archaist)
  1. Amaya
    1. Oakley
    2. Diamondeath
    3. Demelin
    4. Emerald
    5. Desideria
    6. Ravenspine
    7. Unconquered
    8. Wraithstrike
    9. Pythagoreas
    10. Steward
    11. Elderith
[/LIST]
@LicianDragon tell me about it Ive traced all my progen's progeny to the 5 get this is what it looks like with just the dragons who have desendedts to the 5th gen there were 120 total by the second generation alone
this is only about 1/6 of it
Daron (exalted light)
  1. Thane (exalted Ice)
    1. Hiyo
      1. Gunmetal
        1. Unnamed
        2. Royal
    2. Sanjuro
      1. Unnamed
          MonDan
          William
          Unnamed