Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Elemental Brew to Change Nest Elements
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I could agree with the removal of the egg limit under the following condition:

To craft the specific brew, you have to be in the matching flight. This means you can only obtain such brews of other elements by trading either through Crossroads or the Auction House.
  • Such a new trading opportunity will give the holiday currency more value because they can be used to craft a flight-unique consumable demanded by foreign flights.
  • This recipe has then a sort-of exclusive feel while still effectively being accessible by everyone.
  • It won't devalue the specifics market because you still have to trade to obtain a different eye color for your breeding project. The specifics market will still be an alternative if the elemental brew grows too expensive to either craft or buy.
  • Being a consumable, it'll always be relevant and its price will fluctuate with demand and supply.
I could agree with the removal of the egg limit under the following condition:

To craft the specific brew, you have to be in the matching flight. This means you can only obtain such brews of other elements by trading either through Crossroads or the Auction House.
  • Such a new trading opportunity will give the holiday currency more value because they can be used to craft a flight-unique consumable demanded by foreign flights.
  • This recipe has then a sort-of exclusive feel while still effectively being accessible by everyone.
  • It won't devalue the specifics market because you still have to trade to obtain a different eye color for your breeding project. The specifics market will still be an alternative if the elemental brew grows too expensive to either craft or buy.
  • Being a consumable, it'll always be relevant and its price will fluctuate with demand and supply.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
[quote]To craft the specific brew, you have to be in the matching flight. This means you can only obtain such brews of other elements by trading either through Crossroads or the Auction House.[/quote] ....that literally defeats the point of the Suggestion. To brew an item that would allow you to change the element of one of your nests for a single clutch. The point of brewing something, at least in my opinion, is to be able to get an item completely independent of everything and everyone else. Brewing means I get to avoid the market and avoid the fluctuating price. Brewing means I can do it my damn self without having to rely on other players and pay whatever price they set. I can save, collect, and brew everything in my own time, not have to worry about the AH, and have everything still waiting for me if something happens and I can't be online. And, agreeing with Luca earlier, considering that it can indeed take [i]months [/i]to breed the specific dragon you're looking for, giving players a way to alter their nests in a way that is consistent and always available -- and doesn't rely on other players -- will give breeders and project-heavy lairs the ability to work consistently towards their goal without adding yet another variable upon the step-heavy, waiting heavy process of getting that perfect dragon.
Quote:

....that literally defeats the point of the Suggestion. To brew an item that would allow you to change the element of one of your nests for a single clutch. The point of brewing something, at least in my opinion, is to be able to get an item completely independent of everything and everyone else.

Brewing means I get to avoid the market and avoid the fluctuating price. Brewing means I can do it my damn self without having to rely on other players and pay whatever price they set. I can save, collect, and brew everything in my own time, not have to worry about the AH, and have everything still waiting for me if something happens and I can't be online.

And, agreeing with Luca earlier, considering that it can indeed take months to breed the specific dragon you're looking for, giving players a way to alter their nests in a way that is consistent and always available -- and doesn't rely on other players -- will give breeders and project-heavy lairs the ability to work consistently towards their goal without adding yet another variable upon the step-heavy, waiting heavy process of getting that perfect dragon.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
Quote:
1. You would have a safe alternative to the unsupported practice of nest renting.

2. It would allow people to breed for eye color with their progens.

3. It would be another good treasure sink.

It is not against the point of this suggestion:
It fulfills 1 because the AH and the Crossroads are inherently safe for item trades. You got the item, you can use it to get the nest. Safe.

It fulfills 2 because it allows people to breed for eye color, not only with their progenitors, the obtainability is by trading still (as it should be).

It also fulfills 3 two-fold: The first treasure sink is Baldwin, the second treasure sink is the AH tax.

Because it can only be obtained by trading, it wards the uniqueness of the flight eye colors - you can only target certain color and gene combinations with a foreign eye color through trading.

What's the point of flights besides dominance/exalting if you take out the uniqueness of eye colors?

You still can breed it yourself, but you need to obtain the "nest" (=the brew) through trading, but this kind of "nest rental" is inherently safe.

You can narrow down breeding pairs with every generation by choosing a mate that is optimally close to increase the likelyhood of one or multiple colors to be at target or closer. If you can afford scrolls and don't aim for an imperial, you can use plentiful breed dragons to speed this up using the scroll once you reached the goal colors and gender.
Quote:
1. You would have a safe alternative to the unsupported practice of nest renting.

2. It would allow people to breed for eye color with their progens.

3. It would be another good treasure sink.

It is not against the point of this suggestion:
It fulfills 1 because the AH and the Crossroads are inherently safe for item trades. You got the item, you can use it to get the nest. Safe.

It fulfills 2 because it allows people to breed for eye color, not only with their progenitors, the obtainability is by trading still (as it should be).

It also fulfills 3 two-fold: The first treasure sink is Baldwin, the second treasure sink is the AH tax.

Because it can only be obtained by trading, it wards the uniqueness of the flight eye colors - you can only target certain color and gene combinations with a foreign eye color through trading.

What's the point of flights besides dominance/exalting if you take out the uniqueness of eye colors?

You still can breed it yourself, but you need to obtain the "nest" (=the brew) through trading, but this kind of "nest rental" is inherently safe.

You can narrow down breeding pairs with every generation by choosing a mate that is optimally close to increase the likelyhood of one or multiple colors to be at target or closer. If you can afford scrolls and don't aim for an imperial, you can use plentiful breed dragons to speed this up using the scroll once you reached the goal colors and gender.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
@Ettanin @McAlli

Perhaps this as a compromise? You can normally brew only your own flights, but you can brew a different flight's using festival currency during their festival.
@Ettanin @McAlli

Perhaps this as a compromise? You can normally brew only your own flights, but you can brew a different flight's using festival currency during their festival.
MRMeAKr.png
@Katia

No. I very staunchly disagree that Festival Currency should be part of the recipes.

Festival Currency is only available once a year, and players who are unable to coli grind or are absent during festivals for whatever reason should not penalized by having to buy the Currency at increasingly exorbitant prices. And such inflation will happen, as it would have a use beyond its Festival, and there will be a finite amount each year, meaning that the prices will rise steadily until the next Festival rolls around a year later.

Other Flight based items can be added, can be used in the recipes, but Festival Currency should be used only for the purchasing of Festival Items. That is my immovable opinion.

If we're going to have a brewable item that switches the element of our nests for a single clutch, I do not believe that we should have to rely on people of other Flights to sell us the items. If it's going to be brewable, then it needs to be obtainable without player assistance. At current, players only have to purchase brewing mats and items from other players if they choose to do so. But no one should be forced to do that. As I said above, the reason I find brewing items and genes preferable is because I don't have to deal with other players and the fluctuating prices of the AH. If it's something as useful as a temporary element switch, I think it should be just as openly accessible as literally everything else currently brewable (ie: without help necessary).

I also don't think that you should only be able to get one egg in every clutch laid in a switched nest. It can already take months to breed the perfect dragon, not even taking 35 day cooldowns in mind. No one needs to deal with that upped by a nearly impossible time. No one needs to spend literal years breeding for their dream dragon. The waiting 35 days between tries for some breeds is enough.

I think my only suggestions would be:
  • It needs to be expensive.
  • It only lasts for a single clutch.
  • It needs to have a long brew time.
  • It needs to contain a variety of Mats, probably including rare items and Flight based items.

That's my opinion, anyway.
@Katia

No. I very staunchly disagree that Festival Currency should be part of the recipes.

Festival Currency is only available once a year, and players who are unable to coli grind or are absent during festivals for whatever reason should not penalized by having to buy the Currency at increasingly exorbitant prices. And such inflation will happen, as it would have a use beyond its Festival, and there will be a finite amount each year, meaning that the prices will rise steadily until the next Festival rolls around a year later.

Other Flight based items can be added, can be used in the recipes, but Festival Currency should be used only for the purchasing of Festival Items. That is my immovable opinion.

If we're going to have a brewable item that switches the element of our nests for a single clutch, I do not believe that we should have to rely on people of other Flights to sell us the items. If it's going to be brewable, then it needs to be obtainable without player assistance. At current, players only have to purchase brewing mats and items from other players if they choose to do so. But no one should be forced to do that. As I said above, the reason I find brewing items and genes preferable is because I don't have to deal with other players and the fluctuating prices of the AH. If it's something as useful as a temporary element switch, I think it should be just as openly accessible as literally everything else currently brewable (ie: without help necessary).

I also don't think that you should only be able to get one egg in every clutch laid in a switched nest. It can already take months to breed the perfect dragon, not even taking 35 day cooldowns in mind. No one needs to deal with that upped by a nearly impossible time. No one needs to spend literal years breeding for their dream dragon. The waiting 35 days between tries for some breeds is enough.

I think my only suggestions would be:
  • It needs to be expensive.
  • It only lasts for a single clutch.
  • It needs to have a long brew time.
  • It needs to contain a variety of Mats, probably including rare items and Flight based items.

That's my opinion, anyway.
@McAlli I would like to make a clarification that the festival currency recipes would only be around when the festival is around like how the option to brew the festival currency is.

Now ideally I would like that the all 11 flights could be brewed year round without festival currency, but during the festival, you would have the temporary, additional option to brew them with festival currency.

@McAlli I would like to make a clarification that the festival currency recipes would only be around when the festival is around like how the option to brew the festival currency is.

Now ideally I would like that the all 11 flights could be brewed year round without festival currency, but during the festival, you would have the temporary, additional option to brew them with festival currency.

MRMeAKr.png
[quote name="@Katia" date=2017-05-20 20:09:23] @/McAlli I would like to make a clarification that the festival currency recipes would only be around when the festival is around like how the option to brew the festival currency is. Now ideally I would like that the all 11 flights could be brewed year round without festival currency, but during the festival, you would have the temporary, additional option to brew them with festival currency. [/quote] I imagine that would be kind of a pain to code, but I could support that. An option to sacrifice festival currency during festivals only -- the currency replacing some of the more rare items in the recipe. Perhaps that could further be balanced by altering the brew time and cost.
@Katia wrote on 2017-05-20:
@/McAlli I would like to make a clarification that the festival currency recipes would only be around when the festival is around like how the option to brew the festival currency is.

I imagine that would be kind of a pain to code, but I could support that. An option to sacrifice festival currency during festivals only -- the currency replacing some of the more rare items in the recipe. Perhaps that could further be balanced by altering the brew time and cost.
@McAlli Well I was just thinking that you had two separate recipes kind of like you do for festival currency. There would be the year round one with the normal ingredients and the festival only one that uses festival currency with possible changes to brew time/cost. I would think that would be easier to code. The festival one would just be a copy/paste recipe for the most part just changing the currency/outcome w/e.
@McAlli Well I was just thinking that you had two separate recipes kind of like you do for festival currency. There would be the year round one with the normal ingredients and the festival only one that uses festival currency with possible changes to brew time/cost. I would think that would be easier to code. The festival one would just be a copy/paste recipe for the most part just changing the currency/outcome w/e.
MRMeAKr.png
@Katia I know very little about coding, just that coding is obnoxious by nature lol. But yeah, I can support the idea of a secondary, temporary recipe that utilizes Festival Currency. So long as it is not the year-round recipe, the suggestion has my support
@Katia I know very little about coding, just that coding is obnoxious by nature lol. But yeah, I can support the idea of a secondary, temporary recipe that utilizes Festival Currency. So long as it is not the year-round recipe, the suggestion has my support
!!!

Absolutely support this, It would be a blessing, really. I love being arcane, but it makes it difficult to participate in subspecies :(...which it may or may not be obvious I enjoy being part of.

I agree that fertility stats/runestones/plushies/relics would be a fantastic material sink, as well as perhaps some common materials/baldwin goo/ooze/etc to make it accessible.

It should probably be on par with the new genes and or breed change, about 100-185kt

Supports this to the sun and back
!!!

Absolutely support this, It would be a blessing, really. I love being arcane, but it makes it difficult to participate in subspecies :(...which it may or may not be obvious I enjoy being part of.

I agree that fertility stats/runestones/plushies/relics would be a fantastic material sink, as well as perhaps some common materials/baldwin goo/ooze/etc to make it accessible.

It should probably be on par with the new genes and or breed change, about 100-185kt

Supports this to the sun and back
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8