Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Camp Store"- camping mechanic
1 2 3
Two things that aren't fun:

1. That feel when you don't get a lucky drop for hours and you see someone get two bosses in one day of grinding.

2. The thought of getting +intelligence boost to your all melee team under the new camping mechanic.

The proposed camping mechanic to deter botters under the new keybinding option for the coli is a brilliant idea. It takes something that people mostly view as an annoying but neccessary evil (capcha) and makes it a potentially appealing prospect. But it's not quite perfect. There's always a chance with random stat boosts that you could get something that doesn't benefit you at all. The aforementioned int boost, or even the typically useful +exp when you're just ginding with a bunch of level 25s.

So how do we turn camping into something that you always wanna see?

Step 1: make an item (maybe something like "camping firewood" or something) that you get 1 of every time you camp.

Step 2: Make a stall similar to Festive Favors where you can turn that item in for some nifty items.

This serves a manyfold purpose-

It makes camping always something with some value to it, fixing the potential of useless camping buffs and gets people excited about capchas

AND

It smooths out some of the random luck when players grind, making even the most unfortunate player still feel productive by adding a constant income to grinding

AND

it gives the players a shiney new way of obtaining certain items, similar to swipp or baldwin. We love shiney new mechanics, and we LOVE festivals, and this would work similarly to the fest currency.

AND

While some items could be exclusive, others might cycle in and out for the staff to have better constrol over certain inflated items as they please. (Abushes being sold for 250 pieces of firewood, anyone?)

AND

Could be a neat addition to sitewide and individual lore!

Addition idea, supplied by Greyjoy!
Quote:
Quote:
It could even have an accumulative and cooperative use option. If enough players donate Firewood (instead of spending it) it could unlock better items. Say ... donate 200,000 pieces sitewide during festival week and it unlocks an additional festival item for everyone to buy.

I thought this was a brill addition! A inter-flight cooperation event would be a lovely community addition that gives a new way of introduction items and achievements and give a closes sense of community, in contrast to the flight-dividing (but super fun) dominance pushes.

Anyway, I think it could be nifty. Pull up next to the campfire, make yourself a smore and tell me what you think; if you have any critiques or ideas.
Two things that aren't fun:

1. That feel when you don't get a lucky drop for hours and you see someone get two bosses in one day of grinding.

2. The thought of getting +intelligence boost to your all melee team under the new camping mechanic.

The proposed camping mechanic to deter botters under the new keybinding option for the coli is a brilliant idea. It takes something that people mostly view as an annoying but neccessary evil (capcha) and makes it a potentially appealing prospect. But it's not quite perfect. There's always a chance with random stat boosts that you could get something that doesn't benefit you at all. The aforementioned int boost, or even the typically useful +exp when you're just ginding with a bunch of level 25s.

So how do we turn camping into something that you always wanna see?

Step 1: make an item (maybe something like "camping firewood" or something) that you get 1 of every time you camp.

Step 2: Make a stall similar to Festive Favors where you can turn that item in for some nifty items.

This serves a manyfold purpose-

It makes camping always something with some value to it, fixing the potential of useless camping buffs and gets people excited about capchas

AND

It smooths out some of the random luck when players grind, making even the most unfortunate player still feel productive by adding a constant income to grinding

AND

it gives the players a shiney new way of obtaining certain items, similar to swipp or baldwin. We love shiney new mechanics, and we LOVE festivals, and this would work similarly to the fest currency.

AND

While some items could be exclusive, others might cycle in and out for the staff to have better constrol over certain inflated items as they please. (Abushes being sold for 250 pieces of firewood, anyone?)

AND

Could be a neat addition to sitewide and individual lore!

Addition idea, supplied by Greyjoy!
Quote:
Quote:
It could even have an accumulative and cooperative use option. If enough players donate Firewood (instead of spending it) it could unlock better items. Say ... donate 200,000 pieces sitewide during festival week and it unlocks an additional festival item for everyone to buy.

I thought this was a brill addition! A inter-flight cooperation event would be a lovely community addition that gives a new way of introduction items and achievements and give a closes sense of community, in contrast to the flight-dividing (but super fun) dominance pushes.

Anyway, I think it could be nifty. Pull up next to the campfire, make yourself a smore and tell me what you think; if you have any critiques or ideas.
2u8j5dz.jpg
Yes I approve of this let's do it! This would make it more appealing.
Yes I approve of this let's do it! This would make it more appealing.
XriSV9h.gif
I like it. I'd be excited about this if it were added whereas right now I'm pretty indifferent to the announced camping mechanic as it's been presented.

I think this would be a nice way to add ambushes (and maybe eliminates and other battle stones) into the economy without "giving them away". It'd be something you'd have to work for, and it could take longer than just plain getting one as a drop, but it would be a surefire way to get one that may be more fulfilling than buying them from the auction house.

Depending on the price of them it may have an insignificant effect on how much (mainly aliminates I'm talking here) they sell for on the auction house.
I like it. I'd be excited about this if it were added whereas right now I'm pretty indifferent to the announced camping mechanic as it's been presented.

I think this would be a nice way to add ambushes (and maybe eliminates and other battle stones) into the economy without "giving them away". It'd be something you'd have to work for, and it could take longer than just plain getting one as a drop, but it would be a surefire way to get one that may be more fulfilling than buying them from the auction house.

Depending on the price of them it may have an insignificant effect on how much (mainly aliminates I'm talking here) they sell for on the auction house.
That sounds like a well thought-out idea! I like it, since I only grind with my level 25s usually,
That sounds like a well thought-out idea! I like it, since I only grind with my level 25s usually,
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
This sounds much more appealing than a tiny stat boost.

I don't think we'll be lacking in these items, considering how much people coli, so I'd suggest having more than one possible item. Having, say, 4 different items, and being able to use 2 in swaps and 2 at Baldwin or something. They could be camping-exclusive materials. I would rather they utilize features we already have (Baldwin + Swipp) over adding new features (another store), though I see the appeal of fleshing out the trading post a little more.
This sounds much more appealing than a tiny stat boost.

I don't think we'll be lacking in these items, considering how much people coli, so I'd suggest having more than one possible item. Having, say, 4 different items, and being able to use 2 in swaps and 2 at Baldwin or something. They could be camping-exclusive materials. I would rather they utilize features we already have (Baldwin + Swipp) over adding new features (another store), though I see the appeal of fleshing out the trading post a little more.
I like this idea! It's a unique way to take on what many people would see as a necessary evil and instead make it into an occurrence people would look forward to. I like chespin's suggestion of adding Eliminates and Ambushes into the store, but making them fairly expensive, so you still have to grind to get them. Perhaps Rally could be included as well, as I've seen that creep up in price lately.
I like this idea! It's a unique way to take on what many people would see as a necessary evil and instead make it into an occurrence people would look forward to. I like chespin's suggestion of adding Eliminates and Ambushes into the store, but making them fairly expensive, so you still have to grind to get them. Perhaps Rally could be included as well, as I've seen that creep up in price lately.
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
Sounds very good! Its a bit like the pointshop idea for PvP fights - something I'd like to see added too. Defenitely sounds better than the statsboost. This way you are guaranteed to get something good with being patient.

If the item is sellable (like elemental currency) you can get something out of it even if you don't like the items in the shop.
Sounds very good! Its a bit like the pointshop idea for PvP fights - something I'd like to see added too. Defenitely sounds better than the statsboost. This way you are guaranteed to get something good with being patient.

If the item is sellable (like elemental currency) you can get something out of it even if you don't like the items in the shop.
No support!

It's interesting, but I'd vastly prefer the often-suggested small hp and breath boost. It also seems a lot like a rehashed version of the rare swipp/baldwin items that drop in the Coliseum, but with extra work (and therefore pretty unappealing).

In terms of battle stone crafting, you've got to consider who it'd benefit. If they're just 'difficult' to get in which case players like me who can easily train a couple hundred dragons to lvl 7 in a single dom push week will wind up flooding the market. If they're nightmarishly difficult to get to offset that, then the people who really need them and therefore can't run through fights quickly don't have a hope of getting them before they've made more than enough treasure from the coli to buy them. Maybe there's a balance to be found, but it'll be tricky as heck.

(tbf I'm not massively against the idea of Eliminate dropping back to 20kt or so, but there are a lot of people who'd be very unhappy with the idea!)
No support!

It's interesting, but I'd vastly prefer the often-suggested small hp and breath boost. It also seems a lot like a rehashed version of the rare swipp/baldwin items that drop in the Coliseum, but with extra work (and therefore pretty unappealing).

In terms of battle stone crafting, you've got to consider who it'd benefit. If they're just 'difficult' to get in which case players like me who can easily train a couple hundred dragons to lvl 7 in a single dom push week will wind up flooding the market. If they're nightmarishly difficult to get to offset that, then the people who really need them and therefore can't run through fights quickly don't have a hope of getting them before they've made more than enough treasure from the coli to buy them. Maybe there's a balance to be found, but it'll be tricky as heck.

(tbf I'm not massively against the idea of Eliminate dropping back to 20kt or so, but there are a lot of people who'd be very unhappy with the idea!)
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Support, I don't see any appeal at all in the currently promised camp boosts, while those are neat!
Support, I don't see any appeal at all in the currently promised camp boosts, while those are neat!
66MHIIb.png
I definitely say support. The stat boosts don't thrill me, especially, as you said, when farming in the lower levels (they'd be pretty much useless). But this would actually be useful.
I definitely say support. The stat boosts don't thrill me, especially, as you said, when farming in the lower levels (they'd be pretty much useless). But this would actually be useful.
1 2 3