Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Gender Changes
1 2
i know i'm not the only one that buys a breeding pair and shortly after realizes they are both the same gender we can change there breed, genes, color, name and everything but we cant change there gender we NEED a gender change scroll
i know i'm not the only one that buys a breeding pair and shortly after realizes they are both the same gender we can change there breed, genes, color, name and everything but we cant change there gender we NEED a gender change scroll
k5f5v.jpg
You can designate your dragon's gender by stating what gender it is in its bio. No support for a sex change scroll, I'm sure you can find a replacement mate cheaper than a scroll would be
You can designate your dragon's gender by stating what gender it is in its bio. No support for a sex change scroll, I'm sure you can find a replacement mate cheaper than a scroll would be
No support.

For one, it would be super hard to code, considering it's supposed to stay the gender it hatches.

Secondly, that would make the game way too easy. It's a breeding game, after all, not a "Get the dragon you want with a few scrolls" game. Gender is one of the only statistics that can not be changed.
No support.

For one, it would be super hard to code, considering it's supposed to stay the gender it hatches.

Secondly, that would make the game way too easy. It's a breeding game, after all, not a "Get the dragon you want with a few scrolls" game. Gender is one of the only statistics that can not be changed.
This is a rather divided topic within the suggestion forum. I personally do not want to see a sex change scroll that would allow you to change the sex and then be able to breed according to the newly assigned sex (IE You have two males, you change one of them to a female and then you would be able to breed the male to the female). I'd rather not see this for a couple of reasons:

First of all, it could probably involve having to recode a fair amount of the breeding/display system which I think could be better spent adding new features rather than recoding a system that works perfectly fine the way it is. The reason I say it could involve a fair amount of recoding is depending on how the lineage is stored in the database the system could have a fit over trying to figure out how to display the parents when one of them has been sex changed so they are now the same sex since there is no longer a male and a female parent to display first and second.

The second reason I don't like this is because it would remove some of the challenge involved in breeding since sex is the only thing you can't change and something should remain static. You can change color by using a scatter scroll and you can ensure the hatchlings are of a particular element by breeding it in the appropriate nest

I'd personally prefer to see a cosmetic change (changes the image to the opposite sex, so your male dragon displays a female dragon image, but he is still a male dragon so he still can only breed with females so the breeding pool for him doesn't change). Alternatively if there wouldn't be a coding issue like mentioned above (or there were additional restrictions like must never have been bred to avoid the entire potential coding issue) and it actually changes the sex then that individual becomes unbreedable.

I could also get behind an item that shifts the sex ratio of a nest so if someone is breeding for a certain sex they can make it easier. There would likely have to be a male skewed item, and a female skewed item and possibly a third item to reset the ratio to 50/50. If a sex skewing item is introduced it probably should be no more than 75%/25%
This is a rather divided topic within the suggestion forum. I personally do not want to see a sex change scroll that would allow you to change the sex and then be able to breed according to the newly assigned sex (IE You have two males, you change one of them to a female and then you would be able to breed the male to the female). I'd rather not see this for a couple of reasons:

First of all, it could probably involve having to recode a fair amount of the breeding/display system which I think could be better spent adding new features rather than recoding a system that works perfectly fine the way it is. The reason I say it could involve a fair amount of recoding is depending on how the lineage is stored in the database the system could have a fit over trying to figure out how to display the parents when one of them has been sex changed so they are now the same sex since there is no longer a male and a female parent to display first and second.

The second reason I don't like this is because it would remove some of the challenge involved in breeding since sex is the only thing you can't change and something should remain static. You can change color by using a scatter scroll and you can ensure the hatchlings are of a particular element by breeding it in the appropriate nest

I'd personally prefer to see a cosmetic change (changes the image to the opposite sex, so your male dragon displays a female dragon image, but he is still a male dragon so he still can only breed with females so the breeding pool for him doesn't change). Alternatively if there wouldn't be a coding issue like mentioned above (or there were additional restrictions like must never have been bred to avoid the entire potential coding issue) and it actually changes the sex then that individual becomes unbreedable.

I could also get behind an item that shifts the sex ratio of a nest so if someone is breeding for a certain sex they can make it easier. There would likely have to be a male skewed item, and a female skewed item and possibly a third item to reset the ratio to 50/50. If a sex skewing item is introduced it probably should be no more than 75%/25%
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@brapiper

This is what administration has said about this suggestion.

Quote:
Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

Source
@brapiper

This is what administration has said about this suggestion.

Quote:
Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

Source
@Qnyxz welp that's disappointing i have so many dragons i wish i could breed
@Qnyxz welp that's disappointing i have so many dragons i wish i could breed
k5f5v.jpg
@brapiper

If you could just change a male into a female or a female into a male it would remove part of the challenge of finding the "perfect" dragon. It would make the game too easy.
@brapiper

If you could just change a male into a female or a female into a male it would remove part of the challenge of finding the "perfect" dragon. It would make the game too easy.
@Qnyxz true it just sucks sometimes when you think you found the perfect pair then realize there the same gender or related
@Qnyxz true it just sucks sometimes when you think you found the perfect pair then realize there the same gender or related
k5f5v.jpg
The whole point of the game is to breed for your perfect dragons and with sex being the only static factor when it comes down to breeding, it has to stay.

No support.
The whole point of the game is to breed for your perfect dragons and with sex being the only static factor when it comes down to breeding, it has to stay.

No support.
This would be useful. Support.
This would be useful. Support.
i usually subscribe to threads i make so i rather not be pinged on threads i make
thank you~
1 2