Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make Eliminate Brewable
1 2 3
It would be really useful if Eliminate was available from Baldwin! Maybe in exchange for a complete set of elemental slashes?

It would also be nice if there was a magic version of Eliminate, possibly in exchange for a complete set of elemental bolts.
It would be really useful if Eliminate was available from Baldwin! Maybe in exchange for a complete set of elemental slashes?

It would also be nice if there was a magic version of Eliminate, possibly in exchange for a complete set of elemental bolts.
@surskitty

The eliminate stone finds it mirror in the elemental magic attacs like Shroud and Enfeeble. So thats allready there.

As for brewable.. I'm not sure if the elemental slashes are a good choise as they are common as dirt and eliminate IS a very powerful and rare attack.

I'm not fully against the brewing idea though... It just has to be of at least equal or higher worth.
What I mean is a way to get eliminate with a guarantee but sooo much hard work that players will have to ponder on IF they want to grind that long to get the necessary stuff or if just grinding in the coliseum like everyone else is the better option.
@surskitty

The eliminate stone finds it mirror in the elemental magic attacs like Shroud and Enfeeble. So thats allready there.

As for brewable.. I'm not sure if the elemental slashes are a good choise as they are common as dirt and eliminate IS a very powerful and rare attack.

I'm not fully against the brewing idea though... It just has to be of at least equal or higher worth.
What I mean is a way to get eliminate with a guarantee but sooo much hard work that players will have to ponder on IF they want to grind that long to get the necessary stuff or if just grinding in the coliseum like everyone else is the better option.
@Ismaiel

Except neither of those magical attacks do the same amount of damage as reliably as eliminate, so I wouldn't call them mirrors.

As for the suggestion, I'd love for it to be brewable.
@Ismaiel

Except neither of those magical attacks do the same amount of damage as reliably as eliminate, so I wouldn't call them mirrors.

As for the suggestion, I'd love for it to be brewable.

@thecatsred

That is because all magic attacks are bound to the elements grid - eliminate doesn't. That and its kinda overpowered ability to give back breath on the kill are basically the only difference. My mage works perfectly well even better than eliminate - with the right opponents. I don't think there should be exact eliminate copies for mages out there. That would everything even more flat tactics wise. I'd rather have a more balanced out coli that at the same time allows grinding for levels in a way that is not going to be a huge chore AND make battles more interesting and involving. I know that THAT is going to be a hard balance act IF the coli rewrite is about more than just bugs and acessability. (Do we have any infor on that actually? Or do we just know that the coli is rewritten and we get some much needed optimization on graphic effects?)
@thecatsred

That is because all magic attacks are bound to the elements grid - eliminate doesn't. That and its kinda overpowered ability to give back breath on the kill are basically the only difference. My mage works perfectly well even better than eliminate - with the right opponents. I don't think there should be exact eliminate copies for mages out there. That would everything even more flat tactics wise. I'd rather have a more balanced out coli that at the same time allows grinding for levels in a way that is not going to be a huge chore AND make battles more interesting and involving. I know that THAT is going to be a hard balance act IF the coli rewrite is about more than just bugs and acessability. (Do we have any infor on that actually? Or do we just know that the coli is rewritten and we get some much needed optimization on graphic effects?)
@Ismaiel

I think coli rewrite is just optimization sadly.

I'd rather the coli not be interesting and engaging as I usually just mindlessly grind for w/e while watching netflix on the other side of my screen. If i want engaging, I'd rather that be in the whenever-its-gonna-come adventure mode we were all promised. THAT should be fun.

Coli is just a pain on my wrists and a brain musher and tbh I'd rather it just stay that because at least I can tune out entirely because I know with scratch + eliminate all my enemies are dead anyhow.
@Ismaiel

I think coli rewrite is just optimization sadly.

I'd rather the coli not be interesting and engaging as I usually just mindlessly grind for w/e while watching netflix on the other side of my screen. If i want engaging, I'd rather that be in the whenever-its-gonna-come adventure mode we were all promised. THAT should be fun.

Coli is just a pain on my wrists and a brain musher and tbh I'd rather it just stay that because at least I can tune out entirely because I know with scratch + eliminate all my enemies are dead anyhow.

I want to see Eliminate appearance variants, like a neon green version or a sickly sweet one.
I want to see Eliminate appearance variants, like a neon green version or a sickly sweet one.
@thecatsred

Which is why I said interesting AND easy to level in. :) I've seen this done in games where you get little boni when you watched out and 'grabbed' them while grinding. it sure sped off the process or at least gave you little rewards for staying tuned while at the same time not forcing you to watch what you were doing 100% (mindless grinding was a thing but at the same time you could make the whole experience enjoyable).

I'm not saying FR should take that concept and work it in 1:1 but maybe something in the same line of thinking could help. A way to reward players for paying attention tand mayking paying attention enjoyable while at the same time NOT punishing players that just want to grind.
@thecatsred

Which is why I said interesting AND easy to level in. :) I've seen this done in games where you get little boni when you watched out and 'grabbed' them while grinding. it sure sped off the process or at least gave you little rewards for staying tuned while at the same time not forcing you to watch what you were doing 100% (mindless grinding was a thing but at the same time you could make the whole experience enjoyable).

I'm not saying FR should take that concept and work it in 1:1 but maybe something in the same line of thinking could help. A way to reward players for paying attention tand mayking paying attention enjoyable while at the same time NOT punishing players that just want to grind.
Also, the elemental bolts and the slash attacks are currently going for mere pocket change which is good for newbies or people just starting out their coli team, but I worry if we make those baldwin mats that their price will skyrocket and suddenly ALL the battles items are just very hard to afford
Also, the elemental bolts and the slash attacks are currently going for mere pocket change which is good for newbies or people just starting out their coli team, but I worry if we make those baldwin mats that their price will skyrocket and suddenly ALL the battles items are just very hard to afford

Definitely wouldn't mind being able to Brew up an Eliminate -- especially if we can get a recolor like the other Balwdin Battle Stones. Definitely should be a bit expensive/hard to Brew but I support.
Definitely wouldn't mind being able to Brew up an Eliminate -- especially if we can get a recolor like the other Balwdin Battle Stones. Definitely should be a bit expensive/hard to Brew but I support.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
Unless the materials used to make eliminate are rare and worth a lot, I can't support alternative ways to get eliminate stones. It's easily the most powerful battle stone in the coliseum, so it can't just be something you can make after buying a couple thousand treasure's worth of materials.

But even if it were difficult to make, it would just exacerbate the problem of older members having easier access to eliminate stones and being able to sell them at obsurdly high prices to newbies. It would obviously be a higher level recipe, so only people who have been brewing things for a while would be able to make and either use or sell it.

So, on second thought, no. This is a bad idea with good intentions.
Unless the materials used to make eliminate are rare and worth a lot, I can't support alternative ways to get eliminate stones. It's easily the most powerful battle stone in the coliseum, so it can't just be something you can make after buying a couple thousand treasure's worth of materials.

But even if it were difficult to make, it would just exacerbate the problem of older members having easier access to eliminate stones and being able to sell them at obsurdly high prices to newbies. It would obviously be a higher level recipe, so only people who have been brewing things for a while would be able to make and either use or sell it.

So, on second thought, no. This is a bad idea with good intentions.
riIlIkg.pngxxxxxxx2fThUE6.pngxxxxxxx3RHrJoP.png
1 2 3