Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make Eliminate Brewable
1 2 3
@FKcoffee

That can be said of anything though.

Should FR just stop releasing items for Baldwin?

People brew Poison and Toxic and sell it for high amounts all the time - should these genes be pulled since the high amounts and high brew level is unfair for new players?
@FKcoffee

That can be said of anything though.

Should FR just stop releasing items for Baldwin?

People brew Poison and Toxic and sell it for high amounts all the time - should these genes be pulled since the high amounts and high brew level is unfair for new players?

@thecatsred

This would be an already existing, valuable, and highly desired item being added to a high level baldwin recipe. It's not comparable to something that was made specifically for a high brewing level.
@thecatsred

This would be an already existing, valuable, and highly desired item being added to a high level baldwin recipe. It's not comparable to something that was made specifically for a high brewing level.
riIlIkg.pngxxxxxxx2fThUE6.pngxxxxxxx3RHrJoP.png
@FKcoffee

Eliminate is 187g or 130k in the AH. It is more likely to drop in high level venues (if it drops at all). Not sure how this isn't already unfair to new users.
@FKcoffee

Eliminate is 187g or 130k in the AH. It is more likely to drop in high level venues (if it drops at all). Not sure how this isn't already unfair to new users.

@thecatsred

My point is, why would you take something that's already leaning in favor of older users and make that even worse? There needs to be a balance between it taking effort to get an eliminate, and taking seniority. The drop rates probably should be adjusted slightly, so that it shows up in lower level venues at a rarer rate, but that's not what this suggestion is about. This is about making a recipe for it, which can only do one of two things: make eliminate stones too easily obtainable compared to how useful it is or make eliminate stones even more easily accessible to older users without making it easier for newer users.
@thecatsred

My point is, why would you take something that's already leaning in favor of older users and make that even worse? There needs to be a balance between it taking effort to get an eliminate, and taking seniority. The drop rates probably should be adjusted slightly, so that it shows up in lower level venues at a rarer rate, but that's not what this suggestion is about. This is about making a recipe for it, which can only do one of two things: make eliminate stones too easily obtainable compared to how useful it is or make eliminate stones even more easily accessible to older users without making it easier for newer users.
riIlIkg.pngxxxxxxx2fThUE6.pngxxxxxxx3RHrJoP.png
@FKcoffee

It's already a rare drop in lower level coli venues.

Idk why the price has risen so much when the drop rate hasn't been changed at all - I bought my first eliminates for 40k each early in 2014. There are now more venues for people to get eliminate, more players to farm those venues, but the stones are still climbing in price. I guess it's because everyone is buying and not selling? I don't know.

The alternate coloring versions of meditate and anticipate are level 4 brews, so if we got an alt color version (or two) from baldwin at maybe, level 7/8 - that wouldn't be too hard to get - about the same effort as grinding for it - perhaps less so since it'd be guaranteed and drops are fickle. Would be nice if we got use of the orange and purple mats.
@FKcoffee

It's already a rare drop in lower level coli venues.

Idk why the price has risen so much when the drop rate hasn't been changed at all - I bought my first eliminates for 40k each early in 2014. There are now more venues for people to get eliminate, more players to farm those venues, but the stones are still climbing in price. I guess it's because everyone is buying and not selling? I don't know.

The alternate coloring versions of meditate and anticipate are level 4 brews, so if we got an alt color version (or two) from baldwin at maybe, level 7/8 - that wouldn't be too hard to get - about the same effort as grinding for it - perhaps less so since it'd be guaranteed and drops are fickle. Would be nice if we got use of the orange and purple mats.

I support the idea that Eliminate can be brewable but... it should require some platinum star Baldwin Materials to make, as a way to "equalize" the value of creating the Eliminate and trying to deter people from making tons and tons of Eliminates and basically monopolizing the AH Eliminate market.

For example... Make the ingredients for an Eliminate require several different things:

Treasure or Gems - At a lower price than what is offered in the AH, but still significant enough that it makes players think twice before throwing money into making the Eliminate battle stone

Gold or Blue Goop/Muck/etc. - Maybe 5 or 10 of each of these varieties of goop from Baldwin. They're fairly rare which I suppose would "equalize" the making of an Eliminate battle stone.

A fair amount of Loot dropped from various Venues in the Coli. Maybe 20 loot per Eliminate Stone? 10 from a lower level venues, and then 10 from a higher level venue.

I support the idea that Eliminate can be brewable but... it should require some platinum star Baldwin Materials to make, as a way to "equalize" the value of creating the Eliminate and trying to deter people from making tons and tons of Eliminates and basically monopolizing the AH Eliminate market.

For example... Make the ingredients for an Eliminate require several different things:

Treasure or Gems - At a lower price than what is offered in the AH, but still significant enough that it makes players think twice before throwing money into making the Eliminate battle stone

Gold or Blue Goop/Muck/etc. - Maybe 5 or 10 of each of these varieties of goop from Baldwin. They're fairly rare which I suppose would "equalize" the making of an Eliminate battle stone.

A fair amount of Loot dropped from various Venues in the Coli. Maybe 20 loot per Eliminate Stone? 10 from a lower level venues, and then 10 from a higher level venue.

2v32at4.jpg
@thecatsred
Eliminate's price is up because one of the most-used venues, the mire, doesn't drop it. At the very least, I'd like all venues to drop it.
@thecatsred
Eliminate's price is up because one of the most-used venues, the mire, doesn't drop it. At the very least, I'd like all venues to drop it.
@gootarts

I've heard - and according to the Encyclopedia w/ it's Venue reference - those higher level Venues do drop Eliminates.... They're just really, really, really rare drops. :/
@gootarts

I've heard - and according to the Encyclopedia w/ it's Venue reference - those higher level Venues do drop Eliminates.... They're just really, really, really rare drops. :/
2v32at4.jpg
I'd tentatively support an alternative eliminate being able to be brewed with a regular eliminate as a base. That is how Baldwin battle stones seem to work.
I'd tentatively support an alternative eliminate being able to be brewed with a regular eliminate as a base. That is how Baldwin battle stones seem to work.
@Detroness
The mire doesn't, however-and that's where most people spend their time. It's not listed as a drop under the encyclopedia.
@Detroness
The mire doesn't, however-and that's where most people spend their time. It's not listed as a drop under the encyclopedia.
1 2 3