Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A more wolf-ish breed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Chespin

It was directed at how you said wolf breeds should stay on other sites.

I just find it odd that the suggestion forum is full of dragon suggestions that use other animals as inspiration, but this one seems to be getting flak because it's wolves. I'm curious as to why you say wolf breeds should stay elsewhere.

@Drakel

Considering this was a rather vague suggestion, it just seems somewhat odd to shoot it down like that when people have gone in straight up asking for goats with wings and it's gotten support. OP never said they wanted winged dogs or straight up hybrids.

I suppose what I'm saying is that OP never specified what they were asking for, but people who say no seem to have a very negative image in their head regardless due to the fact that wolves are a very common and popular thing to use in pet sites. That doesn't mean something new can't be done. I'm personally all for more thickly furred dragons, perhaps a more streamlined ice dragon to make Icepapa proud?

It wouldn't have to be specifically a wolf but it could be more predatory and slimmer than a tundra. I'm sure someone could come up with a canid dragon that isn't cliche.

I just feel like this suggestion was so vague it doesn't really warrant a yes or no without further clarification, and going into it with a biased image isn't exactly being open minded. Shutting OP down because "We don't need wolf breeds" isn't really all that great a reason and it's rather stifling on a creative front. Am I making any sense?

Not exactly a "I fully support this you guys are wrong!" But a "Maybe we should give OP a chance".
@Chespin

It was directed at how you said wolf breeds should stay on other sites.

I just find it odd that the suggestion forum is full of dragon suggestions that use other animals as inspiration, but this one seems to be getting flak because it's wolves. I'm curious as to why you say wolf breeds should stay elsewhere.

@Drakel

Considering this was a rather vague suggestion, it just seems somewhat odd to shoot it down like that when people have gone in straight up asking for goats with wings and it's gotten support. OP never said they wanted winged dogs or straight up hybrids.

I suppose what I'm saying is that OP never specified what they were asking for, but people who say no seem to have a very negative image in their head regardless due to the fact that wolves are a very common and popular thing to use in pet sites. That doesn't mean something new can't be done. I'm personally all for more thickly furred dragons, perhaps a more streamlined ice dragon to make Icepapa proud?

It wouldn't have to be specifically a wolf but it could be more predatory and slimmer than a tundra. I'm sure someone could come up with a canid dragon that isn't cliche.

I just feel like this suggestion was so vague it doesn't really warrant a yes or no without further clarification, and going into it with a biased image isn't exactly being open minded. Shutting OP down because "We don't need wolf breeds" isn't really all that great a reason and it's rather stifling on a creative front. Am I making any sense?

Not exactly a "I fully support this you guys are wrong!" But a "Maybe we should give OP a chance".
@Haven
I'm not in the suggestions forums much if at all, and I saw this thread by chance.
If I had seen the Orca and Goat threads I would have done the same thing I did to this one.
Maybe if OP gave a better idea of how they wanted the breed to look like or provided a picture it would have gotten more support, but until then it just sounds like they want an actual wolf breed just for the sake of their RP.
@Haven
I'm not in the suggestions forums much if at all, and I saw this thread by chance.
If I had seen the Orca and Goat threads I would have done the same thing I did to this one.
Maybe if OP gave a better idea of how they wanted the breed to look like or provided a picture it would have gotten more support, but until then it just sounds like they want an actual wolf breed just for the sake of their RP.
mirte_machine__gif__by_plushklavier-d9td84j.gif2131awk.gif
To me, Tundras are my go-to wolf dragons, but I'd support making as many different kinds of breeds as people will like, since that way there's something for everyone.

It'd be amazing to see more fluffy breeds on here, whether they look canine or feline. Being fantasy creatures, there's really no limit to what breeds there could be, and that's why I'd support anything with new breeds. xD
To me, Tundras are my go-to wolf dragons, but I'd support making as many different kinds of breeds as people will like, since that way there's something for everyone.

It'd be amazing to see more fluffy breeds on here, whether they look canine or feline. Being fantasy creatures, there's really no limit to what breeds there could be, and that's why I'd support anything with new breeds. xD
image_by_theinquisitor201-daig7tg.pngx
@Chespin @PlushKlavier @Haven I'm not talking about a literal wolf dragon, I'm just saying a dragon breed lightly based on a wolf would be pretty cool. [quote name="@attenuasis" date=2016-01-30 07:57:37] Tundras, love them or hate them, are already really pushing the definition of "dragon" as it is. [/quote] I have to disagree with this, there are many types of dragons and they can have many different attributes. There are furry ones, scaled ones, spiked ones, ones with... Weird smooth skin like a whale or something, idk besides the point. They may not be the most traditional dragon looking ones, but still.
@Chespin @PlushKlavier @Haven
I'm not talking about a literal wolf dragon, I'm just saying a dragon breed lightly based on a wolf would be pretty cool.

@attenuasis wrote on 2016-01-30:
Tundras, love them or hate them, are already really pushing the definition of "dragon" as it is.
I have to disagree with this, there are many types of dragons and they can have many different attributes. There are furry ones, scaled ones, spiked ones, ones with... Weird smooth skin like a whale or something, idk besides the point. They may not be the most traditional dragon looking ones, but still.
RaffleSig_Full_Ver2.pngRaffleButtonSmall_GIF_2.gif
@CornixElecti Without a visual, "wolf dragon" isn't really much to go on XD
@CornixElecti Without a visual, "wolf dragon" isn't really much to go on XD
@chespin

And I understand that, I need to find/think of a visual..... but basically just minor wolf details! Eventually I might get around to it but it's late for me, I might do it tomorrow if I have time...
@chespin

And I understand that, I need to find/think of a visual..... but basically just minor wolf details! Eventually I might get around to it but it's late for me, I might do it tomorrow if I have time...
@Chespin @PLushKlaiver @Haven KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT just, similar. For lack of my own visual representation, this is kind of what I was takling about [img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/ee64525b76fcfc69e5c6b390db55ae14/tumblr_nb585ibXW71tpxh4fo1_500.png[/img] Or, having a head/legs look KIND OF like this [img]https://pp.vk.me/c625628/v625628499/ed3a/l1ghvawmZf0.jpg[/img] (these are not my images)
@Chespin @PLushKlaiver @Haven

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT
just, similar. For lack of my own visual representation, this is kind of what I was takling about

tumblr_nb585ibXW71tpxh4fo1_500.png

Or, having a head/legs look KIND OF like this
l1ghvawmZf0.jpg

(these are not my images)
Yeah, I don't support this for the same reason as most of the others.

If you want wolves, that's cool, but a dragon game is not the place for it. No wolf breeds, no cat breeds, no whale breeds, no goat breeds, no ______ breeds. Why can't we just have dragons without them being smushed into some other random animal?

Tundras are really pushing what a "dragon" is, as Attenuasis said, and Nocturnes are batlike enough to make me side-eye them a little.

Nah, I wouldn't like wolf dragons. Mirrors have the most wolf-like (for a given value of wolf-like) lore and Imperials are vaguely canine in appearance. That's as close as I'd be happy with FR's breeds getting.
Yeah, I don't support this for the same reason as most of the others.

If you want wolves, that's cool, but a dragon game is not the place for it. No wolf breeds, no cat breeds, no whale breeds, no goat breeds, no ______ breeds. Why can't we just have dragons without them being smushed into some other random animal?

Tundras are really pushing what a "dragon" is, as Attenuasis said, and Nocturnes are batlike enough to make me side-eye them a little.

Nah, I wouldn't like wolf dragons. Mirrors have the most wolf-like (for a given value of wolf-like) lore and Imperials are vaguely canine in appearance. That's as close as I'd be happy with FR's breeds getting.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Greyjoy

What is a dragon to you then?
@Greyjoy

What is a dragon to you then?
@Haven

Something not directly based on a real world animal. If it looks like a dog/wolf/cat/whale/goat/mole/whatever with spikes, horns and wings... it isn't a dragon.
@Haven

Something not directly based on a real world animal. If it looks like a dog/wolf/cat/whale/goat/mole/whatever with spikes, horns and wings... it isn't a dragon.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7