Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A more wolf-ish breed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="PlushKlavier" date=2016-01-30 07:53:26] @CornixElecti No support. Flight Rising is a petsite specifically revolving around dragons, making a breed based on a wolf would be very out of place. You can always put wolf pelt apparel on a dragon and call that a werewolf, but if you really want a breed based on a wolf then I suggest looking for a different petsite where they have wolf breeds. [/quote] [url=http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=pizzamy ]NeoPets[/url] comes to mind. :) I am lydocia on there as well!
PlushKlavier wrote on 2016-01-30:
@CornixElecti
No support.
Flight Rising is a petsite specifically revolving around dragons, making a breed based on a wolf would be very out of place.
You can always put wolf pelt apparel on a dragon and call that a werewolf, but if you really want a breed based on a wolf then I suggest looking for a different petsite where they have wolf breeds.

[url=http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=pizzamy
]NeoPets[/url] comes to mind. :) I am lydocia on there as well!
0.png top.png
spacer.png
handfulofpixels.png
spacer.png
wanted.pngnotrades.pngnosales.png
spacer.png
btm.png
top.png
freeadoptables.png
commissions.png
jars.png
btm.png
@Haven [quote name="Haven" date=2016-01-30 13:19:04] I'm not saying I support, but there is literally a suggestion on here asking for Orca dragons, another asking for goat dragons. There are plenty asking for -insert animal here- dragons. Nobody bats an eye for those. So, why is this specific one being turned down because it asks for more wolf dragons? @/chespin @/plushklavier [/quote] I think that's also because there are a lot of dragon breeds that do really look wolf like enough and a whole entire apparel set that's basically a wolf and would work just fine, so there really isn't need for having a new species that would look like a few others mixed with an existing set of apparel. You could argue that there is apparel based off of animals like that, but there isn't an entire set based specifically off that one animal, with multiple colors I might add.
@Haven
Haven wrote on 2016-01-30:
I'm not saying I support, but there is literally a suggestion on here asking for Orca dragons, another asking for goat dragons. There are plenty asking for -insert animal here- dragons. Nobody bats an eye for those.

So, why is this specific one being turned down because it asks for more wolf dragons?

@/chespin @/plushklavier

I think that's also because there are a lot of dragon breeds that do really look wolf like enough and a whole entire apparel set that's basically a wolf and would work just fine, so there really isn't need for having a new species that would look like a few others mixed with an existing set of apparel. You could argue that there is apparel based off of animals like that, but there isn't an entire set based specifically off that one animal, with multiple colors I might add.
dZN7FlK.pngSee progress on the Alchemy Flight!
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif • Any pronouns
• I love random pings
• I subscribe to the threads I make
No. They should look like dragons. Not that it would be the end of the world if they shared features or a concept with certain animals, but they should still be well apart. Look at the Nocturnes; bats, but not exactly.
No. They should look like dragons. Not that it would be the end of the world if they shared features or a concept with certain animals, but they should still be well apart. Look at the Nocturnes; bats, but not exactly.
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
@CornixElecti
I myself think it would be rather interesting.
While I don't like the design of Tundras & such, I think flight rising has a rather swell opportunity to add in a few Draconic creatures based upon the creatures we adore.

If anybody is going to reply-to/ping me, try to keep your Critism to a minimum, especially if you're rude about it.
@CornixElecti
I myself think it would be rather interesting.
While I don't like the design of Tundras & such, I think flight rising has a rather swell opportunity to add in a few Draconic creatures based upon the creatures we adore.

If anybody is going to reply-to/ping me, try to keep your Critism to a minimum, especially if you're rude about it.
Imperials are already that traditional canine-ish face, adding another to the mix of dragon breeds would be a little redundant.

That said, the people in this thread tying a specific description to what a dragon, a creature that doesn't exist, "really is" need to start looking at dragons beyond the East Asian and European influences. Feathered snakes, well-dwelling slimy lizards, wingless burrowing monsters, and serpentine river-creatures with human faces and tiger claws-- these are all considered "dragons".
Imperials are already that traditional canine-ish face, adding another to the mix of dragon breeds would be a little redundant.

That said, the people in this thread tying a specific description to what a dragon, a creature that doesn't exist, "really is" need to start looking at dragons beyond the East Asian and European influences. Feathered snakes, well-dwelling slimy lizards, wingless burrowing monsters, and serpentine river-creatures with human faces and tiger claws-- these are all considered "dragons".
Looking through this thread I was reminded of Runescape's take on wolf-dragons (or rather, dragon-wolves): [center] [img]http://services.runescape.com/m=rswikiimages/en/2013/2/Dragon_Wolf_Pet-05151041.png[/img] [/center] It would be neat to have a wolf-like dragon aside from Imperials, Mirrors, and Tundras, although like a lot of people here, I'd prefer it not to be a wolf with tacked-on dragon horns and wings. The way I see it is that in the years to come and we get more and more breeds, you can't expect FR to stay in the "traditional dragon" territory forever, especially when they have to stick with the "two arms, two legs, two wings" formula when making new breeds. As already stated, we have some breeds here already that are clearly based off of other animals, and I think that makes them unique and helps them stand out from other dragons you may see anywhere else.
Looking through this thread I was reminded of Runescape's take on wolf-dragons (or rather, dragon-wolves):
Dragon_Wolf_Pet-05151041.png

It would be neat to have a wolf-like dragon aside from Imperials, Mirrors, and Tundras, although like a lot of people here, I'd prefer it not to be a wolf with tacked-on dragon horns and wings.

The way I see it is that in the years to come and we get more and more breeds, you can't expect FR to stay in the "traditional dragon" territory forever, especially when they have to stick with the "two arms, two legs, two wings" formula when making new breeds. As already stated, we have some breeds here already that are clearly based off of other animals, and I think that makes them unique and helps them stand out from other dragons you may see anywhere else.
JgF49Nw.png
I guess I'm a bit confused as to why people feel there's a need for /more/ wolf-inspired breeds? Maybe it's because I have a canine phobia due to unfortunate experiences so I don't really like them but I always see canines on every game get way more representation than many other creatures to the point I kind of side-eye it/it ruins immersion for me. Mirrors are literally weird alien wolves and I love Tundras but I consider them on the extreme end of the mammalian-inspired spectrum and would not want something that looks more like a specific mammalian species than them.

I mean for RP purposes I think a Tundra or Mirror in a wolf pelt or a furry accent should suffice.

That being said, I think a general more feral-looking somewhat beast-inspired dragon would be interesting. Maybe with some aspects of werewolves (I'm thinking of the really weird ones) bipedal and hunched over but with draconic features and fierce teeth (maybe Pangolin scales?). I think that could be interesting and one could throw a pelt on top of it to make it a werewolf for the purpose of RP. It would be a nice contrast with Tundras.

So, while I wouldn't support making a new more directly wolf-inspired breed, a dragon with hair that was really draconic and wild-looking would be cool. And I think we could use more bipedal art.
I guess I'm a bit confused as to why people feel there's a need for /more/ wolf-inspired breeds? Maybe it's because I have a canine phobia due to unfortunate experiences so I don't really like them but I always see canines on every game get way more representation than many other creatures to the point I kind of side-eye it/it ruins immersion for me. Mirrors are literally weird alien wolves and I love Tundras but I consider them on the extreme end of the mammalian-inspired spectrum and would not want something that looks more like a specific mammalian species than them.

I mean for RP purposes I think a Tundra or Mirror in a wolf pelt or a furry accent should suffice.

That being said, I think a general more feral-looking somewhat beast-inspired dragon would be interesting. Maybe with some aspects of werewolves (I'm thinking of the really weird ones) bipedal and hunched over but with draconic features and fierce teeth (maybe Pangolin scales?). I think that could be interesting and one could throw a pelt on top of it to make it a werewolf for the purpose of RP. It would be a nice contrast with Tundras.

So, while I wouldn't support making a new more directly wolf-inspired breed, a dragon with hair that was really draconic and wild-looking would be cool. And I think we could use more bipedal art.
No support, sorry. Flight Rising is a dragon pet site and it should concentrate on dragons. There are tones of other games with wolves, it's actually hard to find a pet site without canine-like species. And, Tundra's are close enough. If you slap wolf-cape on them, they literally look like winged wolves. Check out my Elan: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18773318] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/187734/18773318_350.png[/img] [/url] Pretty wolf-like, yeah? Not enough?... I'll borrow @Nuberu's Nesse, because I almost don't have Tundras and I think he's a good example: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19595323] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/195954/19595323_350.png[/img] [/url]
No support, sorry.

Flight Rising is a dragon pet site and it should concentrate on dragons. There are tones of other games with wolves, it's actually hard to find a pet site without canine-like species.

And, Tundra's are close enough. If you slap wolf-cape on them, they literally look like winged wolves. Check out my Elan:

18773318_350.png

Pretty wolf-like, yeah? Not enough?...

I'll borrow @Nuberu's Nesse, because I almost don't have Tundras and I think he's a good example:

19595323_350.png
Support. If you need to use apparel (and apparel that is often sniped and unavailable at that) to make it look like a wolf, then it ain't wolf-like.
Support. If you need to use apparel (and apparel that is often sniped and unavailable at that) to make it look like a wolf, then it ain't wolf-like.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
Sorry about posting again, but I need to. People are still putting up their noses to an "animal-like dragon." Okay, so what are Nocturnes? What are Coatls? Both are animal based dragons. If you don't like a canine/wolf based dragon then just say that. No need to act like having an animal like dragon is a sin. MANY dragons have some aspects of animals. Some can look like dinosaurs. The Wildclaw is an animal based dragon too! So please, people, stop being hypocritical with this. I will say it again, I don't think we should have the generic wolf-dragon, but maybe we can actually work something out. A dragon that has fur that is a predator doesn't sound that bad. [img]http://img12.deviantart.net/bc7f/i/2016/036/6/a/arise_by_tantigeroffire-d9qmbk1.png[/img] This is my personal wolfish dragon. The only wolf like thing about [i]them[/i] is the head, which is canine based. Why not a dragon like this? With very few canine features, but a fluffy predator. (please do not create characters with this dragon I just posted. He is mine, thank you).
Sorry about posting again, but I need to.
People are still putting up their noses to an "animal-like dragon."
Okay, so what are Nocturnes? What are Coatls? Both are animal based dragons. If you don't like a canine/wolf based dragon then just say that. No need to act like having an animal like dragon is a sin. MANY dragons have some aspects of animals. Some can look like dinosaurs. The Wildclaw is an animal based dragon too!
So please, people, stop being hypocritical with this.

I will say it again, I don't think we should have the generic wolf-dragon, but maybe we can actually work something out. A dragon that has fur that is a predator doesn't sound that bad.

arise_by_tantigeroffire-d9qmbk1.png

This is my personal wolfish dragon.
The only wolf like thing about them is the head, which is canine based.
Why not a dragon like this? With very few canine features, but a fluffy predator.

(please do not create characters with this dragon I just posted. He is mine, thank you).
pharma_siggy_banner_by_tantigeroffire-d9rlinj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7