Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Swap Scroll?
1 2
I'm new so honestly not too sure if this already exists, but I think it would be really awesome to have a scroll that would swap the gender of a derg. Like other scrolls (or at least the few I've seen), it'd be a one time use only thing.
I'm new so honestly not too sure if this already exists, but I think it would be really awesome to have a scroll that would swap the gender of a derg. Like other scrolls (or at least the few I've seen), it'd be a one time use only thing.
C:
Sorry, no support.

It would potentially break the coding of the site (literally), make the game way to easy in terms of needing to breed for a specific dragon, and the market is already over saturated with dragons we don't need to open up any more avenues for dragons to breed.

Instead, you might like a pose change scroll - A suggestion for people who find/hatch a dragon but it would look better as the opposite sex, or many other reasons.
Sorry, no support.

It would potentially break the coding of the site (literally), make the game way to easy in terms of needing to breed for a specific dragon, and the market is already over saturated with dragons we don't need to open up any more avenues for dragons to breed.

Instead, you might like a pose change scroll - A suggestion for people who find/hatch a dragon but it would look better as the opposite sex, or many other reasons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Oh, well that'd be no good to break the site. All good, just figured I'd put it out there!
Oh, well that'd be no good to break the site. All good, just figured I'd put it out there!
C:
@Ihoard

No problem :) It is a common request, but I believe the way the site stores lineage and the like would mean a massive recoding would be needed to be able to change a dragon from one sex to the other, especially in regards t obreeding. Breed and Gene changes do not affect breeding at all except to add some variables in. Sex determines who that dragon can breed with. Which means if a dragon were to be changed after it bred, it could break the site with lineages, (not to mention confusion on the part of newer players who might not know about sex change scrolls) if it were limited to only unbred dragons, there might still be problems with having to change every instance of where the dragon's sex is stored (as it might not be a simple switch/toggle)
@Ihoard

No problem :) It is a common request, but I believe the way the site stores lineage and the like would mean a massive recoding would be needed to be able to change a dragon from one sex to the other, especially in regards t obreeding. Breed and Gene changes do not affect breeding at all except to add some variables in. Sex determines who that dragon can breed with. Which means if a dragon were to be changed after it bred, it could break the site with lineages, (not to mention confusion on the part of newer players who might not know about sex change scrolls) if it were limited to only unbred dragons, there might still be problems with having to change every instance of where the dragon's sex is stored (as it might not be a simple switch/toggle)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar
That makes sense to me. I didn't even think about it breaking or complicating lineage lines.
This is kinda random, but might as well ask someone whose been here a while and has some knowledge of the site. It's kinda ambitious, but I was wondering if anyone has ever suggested a dragon dress up room. Like it'd be similar to how the Forsee Morphology works, with apparel and items.
@Jemadar
That makes sense to me. I didn't even think about it breaking or complicating lineage lines.
This is kinda random, but might as well ask someone whose been here a while and has some knowledge of the site. It's kinda ambitious, but I was wondering if anyone has ever suggested a dragon dress up room. Like it'd be similar to how the Forsee Morphology works, with apparel and items.
C:
@ihoard

yes, there have been numerous suggestions about that...

Suggestion 1

Suggestion 2

The second suggestion seems to be the main one.
@ihoard

yes, there have been numerous suggestions about that...

Suggestion 1

Suggestion 2

The second suggestion seems to be the main one.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Ihoard

If you mean by "gender swap" changing the sex of a dragon male to female and female to male this is what the administration said in the Q & A Thread in the FR Discussion Forum
Quote:
Quote:
Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

Source: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/141
@Ihoard

If you mean by "gender swap" changing the sex of a dragon male to female and female to male this is what the administration said in the Q & A Thread in the FR Discussion Forum
Quote:
Quote:
Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

Source: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/141
@ihoard an apparel previewing system is a suggestion that comes up time and time again. Here is one suggestion thread about it, and I'm sure there are plenty more, possibly ones with even more pages
@ihoard an apparel previewing system is a suggestion that comes up time and time again. Here is one suggestion thread about it, and I'm sure there are plenty more, possibly ones with even more pages
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Jemadar
Suggestion 2 is pretty much what I need. I'm still a newbie, I can't drop like 30k on a scarf I want for it to not go with the outfit I want. I need to see everything together, ya know?

@Qnyxz
Jemadar was kinda explaining why they won't/haven't. I definitely wouldn't have thought to look there. Not a big deal. Maybe they should start a "we aren't making/doing this" thread here, haha.
@Jemadar
Suggestion 2 is pretty much what I need. I'm still a newbie, I can't drop like 30k on a scarf I want for it to not go with the outfit I want. I need to see everything together, ya know?

@Qnyxz
Jemadar was kinda explaining why they won't/haven't. I definitely wouldn't have thought to look there. Not a big deal. Maybe they should start a "we aren't making/doing this" thread here, haha.
C:
[quote name="ihoard" date=2016-01-18 16:01:04] Jemadar was kinda explaining why they won't/haven't. I definitely wouldn't have thought to look there. Not a big deal. Maybe they should start a "we aren't making/doing this" thread here, haha. [/quote] [color=#585c4f] They haven't done that because they are always open to feedback and there are actually very few things they've said that they don't plan to implement.
ihoard wrote on 2016-01-18:

They haven't done that because they are always open to feedback and there are actually very few things they've said that they don't plan to implement.
1 2