Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fairground Games: Tweaks Here and There
1 2
I have no idea if this has been made before because the forum search has been disabled, and I don't have time to comb through all 13,000+ topics. : P [color=darkgoldenrod]Note: Did a big topic revamp regarding all of the Fairgrounds games to facilitate discussion, since the new posting rules forbid bumping... for whatever reason.[/color] [b][u]Overall:[/u][/b] [list] [*]Is it possible at all to increase the payout of some of the games? I'm noticing I'm spending tons and tons of time in Tidal Trouble and Shock Switch(not counting Higher or Lower since it's such a small game) and getting less money than I would if I spent my time instead on Runes of the Arcanist, Jigsaw, or Artifracture. I know that Tidal Trouble and Shock Switch are supposed to be faster-paced, and you wouldn't want the games to be too lucrative or the value of Treasure would decrease, but they just feel so... cheap to me. Maybe just a subtle increase to start? Or maybe you get more and more treasure the more points you have/spend more time in the game? [*]I'm sure the admins have heard about the Pause button problem by now, but just as a cherry on top, I would like for the games that are timed to have pause buttons; losing your new high score or growing pile of Treasure just because you realized you left the stove on, or because you cat is about to break something, is not a very good incentive to play the game more. I'm actually afraid to start something like Artifracture up because I know I'm going to get on a roll, just to end up interrupted. And it says something that me-a very noncompetitive person-is complaining about this, when chances are good that people who have high scores to uphold are even more frustrated by it. [*]Leaderboards? It seems all of the games aside from Higher or Lower and Jigsaw all collect points, but only Shock Switch and Runes of the Arcanist have actual leaderboards that they show at the end of the game; and yet I'm collecting points in Tidal Trouble and Artifracture. As said above I'm not much of a competitive person, but I'm bewildered as to what these points actually do? Maybe make visible leaderboards for the games that collect points but are missing them? [/list] [b][u][color=peru]Artifracture:[/color][/u][/b] [list] [*]Is it possible to have the timer stop ticking whenever you initiate a combo in Artifracture? It can be very frustrating when you're on a winning streak, activate a combo, and then watch those precious last seconds tick by because you can't do anything, even though you're staring right at the final trio you need to put together in order to beat the level. It would be just a nice little thing to have, really. [*]I think Artifracture could benefit from a Speed setting too, like what Shock Switch has. When I'm itching to make Treasure quick it's easy to put Shock Switch on Very Hard and just plow through it until I can't anymore, whereas you need to pick up the pace on Artifracture. The Speed setting would simply control how fast the animations go by, so instead of the full animation of something playing at normal speed, it could just go by in an instant so the faster player doesn't feel dragged down by the casual play. [/list] [b][u][color=blue]Tidal Trouble:[/color][/u][/b] [list] [*]I had a puzzle suggestion for Tidal Trouble that sat around for almost a year once, but every time I went to visit the puzzle creation, it said my puzzle was [i]still[/i] pending! Is there a reason for this or is this a bug? Maybe the staff are just overloaded with puzzle suggestions, so they have a huge, ever-expanding list to go through? Or maybe the puzzle has been rejected but I was never notified of it? Does that happen? I'm pretty confused as to the state of that puzzle, especially since I keep finding new puzzles that I [i]think[/i] are new but I'm not really sure about...? I have tried resubmitting the same and different puzzles in the past, but they all suffer the same fate. I'm thinking to help with this, maybe if your puzzle goes into a queue it gets a Queue Number, so that way you know how many more puzzles need to be reviewed first before yours is next so you're not stalling, thinking your puzzle has either never been seen or secretly rejected. On that note, if rejections aren't already a notification, that should be a thing, and if your puzzle is rejected it could have some suggestions written out with the message as to why it was rejected so you can submit a better puzzle next time. [/list] [b][u][color=purple]Jigsaw:[/color][/u][/b] [list] [*]One thing about this puzzle game irks me in particular: whenever you start up a game, all of the puzzle pieces are randomly dumped into your workspace. While it's nice to sort through the pieces a bit, I find myself spending most of my time pushing puzzle pieces out of the way so I can put them together (because if you try to put them together with pieces on top of them they won't connect, they just get pushed around), instead of actually assembling the puzzle. So I have two ideas for this: One is to create a designated area that the puzzle pieces would generate in, so your workspace is clean. I'm thinking some kind of outer border that they sit in; that way you can still move them around and find the pieces you want, but you're not fighting with neighboring pieces while you try to put them together. A potential problem with this is the puzzle piece size varies upon the puzzle type, and the extra border might make things awkward on mobile(I don't have mobile, so correct me if I'm wrong here). The next idea is to have a sort of "push" function that moves a bunch of pieces at once (like your cursor is bigger/you're grabbing multiple ones at once) so you don't have to move each one individually. I'm noticing that a lot of pieces get dumped in the middle right where I'm trying to work, so I have to spend time picking up each individual one and placing it somewhere else. With the function-however you want to do it-one could just push all of the puzzle pieces to a different area so they have a cleared space to work in. [/list] [b]Additional Suggestions for this:[/b] -"Out of bounds" area around the workspace where pieces won't fit together but can be sorted out of the way. [b][u][color=teal]Shock Switch:[/color][/u][/b] [list] [*]The one thing that irks me about Shock Switch is that it only gives you the earned Treasure once you end the game; but, say your internet hiccups for a moment while in-game, all of the Treasure you just earned simply vanishes into the void. A possible solution for this is to have Shock Switch give you your earnings every time the game speed increases; It could be every interval, or every 5 intervals, just something to give you the Treasure almost immediately so you don't lose the entire payout just because you lost the signal for a whole 10 seconds. [/list] ---------- [u]Related threads that have been found:[/u] The forum search still isn't working, but occasionally I find a related thread now and then. Hopefully we can spread the support while still keeping things a bit tidy! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1097207]Concerning puzzle space.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/225242]Concerning puzzle pictures/randomization.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1658409]Artifracture needs a Pause Button.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1663265]Another Pause Button thread.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1688689]Aaand another Artifracture Pause Button thread.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1425014/1]Saving progress in Jigsaw.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1723593]Adding more games that aren't timed.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1097207/1]More space in Jigsaw.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1798938]Pause button for all Fairgrounds games.[/url]
I have no idea if this has been made before because the forum search has been disabled, and I don't have time to comb through all 13,000+ topics. : P

Note: Did a big topic revamp regarding all of the Fairgrounds games to facilitate discussion, since the new posting rules forbid bumping... for whatever reason.

Overall:
  • Is it possible at all to increase the payout of some of the games? I'm noticing I'm spending tons and tons of time in Tidal Trouble and Shock Switch(not counting Higher or Lower since it's such a small game) and getting less money than I would if I spent my time instead on Runes of the Arcanist, Jigsaw, or Artifracture. I know that Tidal Trouble and Shock Switch are supposed to be faster-paced, and you wouldn't want the games to be too lucrative or the value of Treasure would decrease, but they just feel so... cheap to me. Maybe just a subtle increase to start? Or maybe you get more and more treasure the more points you have/spend more time in the game?

• I'm sure the admins have heard about the Pause button problem by now, but just as a cherry on top, I would like for the games that are timed to have pause buttons; losing your new high score or growing pile of Treasure just because you realized you left the stove on, or because you cat is about to break something, is not a very good incentive to play the game more. I'm actually afraid to start something like Artifracture up because I know I'm going to get on a roll, just to end up interrupted. And it says something that me-a very noncompetitive person-is complaining about this, when chances are good that people who have high scores to uphold are even more frustrated by it.

• Leaderboards? It seems all of the games aside from Higher or Lower and Jigsaw all collect points, but only Shock Switch and Runes of the Arcanist have actual leaderboards that they show at the end of the game; and yet I'm collecting points in Tidal Trouble and Artifracture. As said above I'm not much of a competitive person, but I'm bewildered as to what these points actually do? Maybe make visible leaderboards for the games that collect points but are missing them?

Artifracture:
  • Is it possible to have the timer stop ticking whenever you initiate a combo in Artifracture? It can be very frustrating when you're on a winning streak, activate a combo, and then watch those precious last seconds tick by because you can't do anything, even though you're staring right at the final trio you need to put together in order to beat the level. It would be just a nice little thing to have, really.

• I think Artifracture could benefit from a Speed setting too, like what Shock Switch has. When I'm itching to make Treasure quick it's easy to put Shock Switch on Very Hard and just plow through it until I can't anymore, whereas you need to pick up the pace on Artifracture. The Speed setting would simply control how fast the animations go by, so instead of the full animation of something playing at normal speed, it could just go by in an instant so the faster player doesn't feel dragged down by the casual play.

Tidal Trouble:
  • I had a puzzle suggestion for Tidal Trouble that sat around for almost a year once, but every time I went to visit the puzzle creation, it said my puzzle was still pending! Is there a reason for this or is this a bug? Maybe the staff are just overloaded with puzzle suggestions, so they have a huge, ever-expanding list to go through? Or maybe the puzzle has been rejected but I was never notified of it? Does that happen? I'm pretty confused as to the state of that puzzle, especially since I keep finding new puzzles that I think are new but I'm not really sure about...? I have tried resubmitting the same and different puzzles in the past, but they all suffer the same fate.

I'm thinking to help with this, maybe if your puzzle goes into a queue it gets a Queue Number, so that way you know how many more puzzles need to be reviewed first before yours is next so you're not stalling, thinking your puzzle has either never been seen or secretly rejected. On that note, if rejections aren't already a notification, that should be a thing, and if your puzzle is rejected it could have some suggestions written out with the message as to why it was rejected so you can submit a better puzzle next time.

Jigsaw:
  • One thing about this puzzle game irks me in particular: whenever you start up a game, all of the puzzle pieces are randomly dumped into your workspace. While it's nice to sort through the pieces a bit, I find myself spending most of my time pushing puzzle pieces out of the way so I can put them together (because if you try to put them together with pieces on top of them they won't connect, they just get pushed around), instead of actually assembling the puzzle. So I have two ideas for this:

One is to create a designated area that the puzzle pieces would generate in, so your workspace is clean. I'm thinking some kind of outer border that they sit in; that way you can still move them around and find the pieces you want, but you're not fighting with neighboring pieces while you try to put them together. A potential problem with this is the puzzle piece size varies upon the puzzle type, and the extra border might make things awkward on mobile(I don't have mobile, so correct me if I'm wrong here).

The next idea is to have a sort of "push" function that moves a bunch of pieces at once (like your cursor is bigger/you're grabbing multiple ones at once) so you don't have to move each one individually. I'm noticing that a lot of pieces get dumped in the middle right where I'm trying to work, so I have to spend time picking up each individual one and placing it somewhere else. With the function-however you want to do it-one could just push all of the puzzle pieces to a different area so they have a cleared space to work in.

Additional Suggestions for this:
-"Out of bounds" area around the workspace where pieces won't fit together but can be sorted out of the way.

Shock Switch:

• The one thing that irks me about Shock Switch is that it only gives you the earned Treasure once you end the game; but, say your internet hiccups for a moment while in-game, all of the Treasure you just earned simply vanishes into the void. A possible solution for this is to have Shock Switch give you your earnings every time the game speed increases; It could be every interval, or every 5 intervals, just something to give you the Treasure almost immediately so you don't lose the entire payout just because you lost the signal for a whole 10 seconds.