Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ping for Site Announcements, Please!
1 2 3 4 5
I don't know if there is a ping list for site announcements like today or Words on the Wind. But, I REALLY would like it if when something like today gets posted (announcements) there would be a site wide ping.
I didn't discover the new stuff until we were in maintenance. It's very frustrating. This is not just today but ever since I started.

Oh and for those who don't want to be bothered, maybe, an option to opt out.
ON/OFF TOGGLE FEATURE, SET TO OFF!
I don't know if there is a ping list for site announcements like today or Words on the Wind. But, I REALLY would like it if when something like today gets posted (announcements) there would be a site wide ping.
I didn't discover the new stuff until we were in maintenance. It's very frustrating. This is not just today but ever since I started.

Oh and for those who don't want to be bothered, maybe, an option to opt out.
ON/OFF TOGGLE FEATURE, SET TO OFF!
As long as it's optional and it's off at start.
As long as it's optional and it's off at start.
+10 FR T
IKTR: while I do have a fandragon tab my whole lair is filled with refs
hRysX66.png
@RosieHawk
Yeah, I support this.

As another suggestion to go along with this, what about on site ping groups? Another site I go on has this and it's basically a place where you can create groups that people can then join. When you then ping that group, everyone in it gets pinged. And the best part is that other people can't sign you up or mess up the list, so as far as I can see completely troll proof in terms of harassment of a certain player. The site admins have one that only the staff can use so maybe the FR staff could at least have something similar to that?
@RosieHawk
Yeah, I support this.

As another suggestion to go along with this, what about on site ping groups? Another site I go on has this and it's basically a place where you can create groups that people can then join. When you then ping that group, everyone in it gets pinged. And the best part is that other people can't sign you up or mess up the list, so as far as I can see completely troll proof in terms of harassment of a certain player. The site admins have one that only the staff can use so maybe the FR staff could at least have something similar to that?
sounds fun! :3
sounds fun! :3
p7DHQEd.gif
...Why? All updates are right on the home page. =/
I support this! I almost never look at the home screen, as my phone/tab/computer sign in automatically to my lair. It would be helpful in not missing updates
I support this! I almost never look at the home screen, as my phone/tab/computer sign in automatically to my lair. It would be helpful in not missing updates
Just as a helpful hint when pinging me, there is no extra I in my name ^^
fjv5Fbi.gifWHUTaoR.gif
WANT
WANT
Tur1hmQ.gif
YES OMG SUPPORT. I never see site updates unless someone talks about them on the forums; I actually saw Aviator gear in the MP before I saw the update. This is also like pet site standard; site updates get site wide pings so everyone knows what's up. [quote name="@CrypticGirl" date=2015-09-19 14:09:15] ...Why? All updates are right on the home page. =/ [/quote] No one ever looks at the home page. Or at least no one ever looks if they remain logged in and are doing other things around the site. Once you're logged in, the home page is basically the least frequented page on the entire site. It exists for nothing more than exalting bonuses for me sense I never log out, so it's a once a day visit right after roll over.
YES OMG SUPPORT. I never see site updates unless someone talks about them on the forums; I actually saw Aviator gear in the MP before I saw the update.

This is also like pet site standard; site updates get site wide pings so everyone knows what's up.
@CrypticGirl wrote on 2015-09-19:

No one ever looks at the home page. Or at least no one ever looks if they remain logged in and are doing other things around the site. Once you're logged in, the home page is basically the least frequented page on the entire site. It exists for nothing more than exalting bonuses for me sense I never log out, so it's a once a day visit right after roll over.
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
I still can't support it. It's very unnecessary. The home page can be accessed from anywhere within the site at anytime by clicking the big FR logo on the top left corner of the page. It's no more difficult than clicking on the alert button to see what kinds of pings you have.
I still can't support it. It's very unnecessary. The home page can be accessed from anywhere within the site at anytime by clicking the big FR logo on the top left corner of the page. It's no more difficult than clicking on the alert button to see what kinds of pings you have.
Ehhhh, I don't need to be checking the FP every 5 mins to see if there is an update. That seems extremely unnecessary. I'd rather have a ping.
Ehhhh, I don't need to be checking the FP every 5 mins to see if there is an update. That seems extremely unnecessary. I'd rather have a ping.
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
1 2 3 4 5