Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Less sexualized familiars
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27
i will support MORE sexualization for MALE gendered familiars. (add some variety)
and then keep a variety for females
this a a game that is rated T FOR TEEN ....
we are already being treated like 8 year olds though,
putting a suggestion like this is only going to enforce the fact that we need to be treated like sheltered 8 year olds.

(also this whole debate needs to be through out for the shear fact that calling out women for being sexual needs to stop, its the whole thing of girls in short shorts getting suspended in school cause they are distracting young boys, there needs to be a stepping up that just because skin/figure is shown/accented it doesn't need to be though of as sexual.)
i will support MORE sexualization for MALE gendered familiars. (add some variety)
putting a suggestion like this is only going to enforce the fact that we need to be treated like sheltered 8 year olds.

(also this whole debate needs to be through out for the shear fact that calling out women for being sexual needs to stop, its the whole thing of girls in short shorts getting suspended in school cause they are distracting young boys, there needs to be a stepping up that just because skin/figure is shown/accented it doesn't need to be though of as sexual.)
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
Why are we upset about boob plate but not about the males not having any armor at all? Is boob plate really that horrifying a thing?
Why are we upset about boob plate but not about the males not having any armor at all? Is boob plate really that horrifying a thing?
[quote name="Tauros" date="2014-10-11 14:46:14"]i will support MORE sexualization for MALE gendered familiars. (add some variety) and then keep a variety for females this a a game that is rated T FOR TEEN .... we are already being treated like 8 year olds though, putting a suggestion like this is only going to enforce the fact that we need to be treated like sheltered 8 year olds. (also this whole debate needs to be through out for the shear fact that calling out women for being sexual needs to stop, its the whole thing of girls in short shorts getting suspended in school cause they are distracting young boys, there needs to be a stepping up that just because skin/figure is shown/accented it doesn't need to be though of as sexual.)[/quote] This.
Tauros wrote on 2014-10-11 14:46:14:

This.
unknown.png
@blaireau
I support the changes you made. Clothes don't work like that in real life (the female centaur), and mermaids shouldn't have legs hiding in their tails.

Honestly, the sexualization doesn't bother me as much as unrealistic (yes, inb4 this is a mythical dragon pixel game) clothing/anatomy.
@blaireau
I support the changes you made. Clothes don't work like that in real life (the female centaur), and mermaids shouldn't have legs hiding in their tails.

Honestly, the sexualization doesn't bother me as much as unrealistic (yes, inb4 this is a mythical dragon pixel game) clothing/anatomy.
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
[quote name="Tauros" date="2014-10-11 14:46:14"]i will support MORE sexualization for MALE gendered familiars. (add some variety) and then keep a variety for females this a a game that is rated T FOR TEEN .... we are already being treated like 8 year olds though, putting a suggestion like this is only going to enforce the fact that we need to be treated like sheltered 8 year olds. (also this whole debate needs to be through out for the shear fact that calling out women for being sexual needs to stop, its the whole thing of girls in short shorts getting suspended in school cause they are distracting young boys, there needs to be a stepping up that just because skin/figure is shown/accented it doesn't need to be though of as sexual.)[/quote] I know I already put in my two sense but this. All the way. @Tauros is 100% correct and I can not agree more. You get all the rewards -throws confetti and hands a cookie- ewe

I know I already put in my two sense but this. All the way. @Tauros is 100% correct and I can not agree more.
You get all the rewards -throws confetti and hands a cookie- ewe
[quote name="Teeka" date="2014-10-11 14:47:11"]Why are we upset about boob plate but not about the males not having any armor at all? Is boob plate really that horrifying a thing?[/quote] From a practical standpoint, a boob plate would be much more harmful than good. Fall on your chest or get hit in the chest and the dip between the breasts would likely severely injure, if not kill you. Most complaints weren't from it being sexualized, but because the armor itself is ridiculously impractical and dangerous for the wearer, especially since its being used essentially in a war setting and not just for aesthetic.
Teeka wrote on 2014-10-11 14:47:11:

From a practical standpoint, a boob plate would be much more harmful than good. Fall on your chest or get hit in the chest and the dip between the breasts would likely severely injure, if not kill you. Most complaints weren't from it being sexualized, but because the armor itself is ridiculously impractical and dangerous for the wearer, especially since its being used essentially in a war setting and not just for aesthetic.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
@benalene For me it's a bit of both, although the mermaid leg thing comes across a little uncanny valley. The male maren are more believable. (Yes, it's fantasy, but suspension of disbelief is still important.)
@benalene For me it's a bit of both, although the mermaid leg thing comes across a little uncanny valley. The male maren are more believable. (Yes, it's fantasy, but suspension of disbelief is still important.)
“blaireau’s
[quote name="Tauros" date="2014-10-11 14:46:14"]i will support MORE sexualization for MALE gendered familiars. (add some variety) and then keep a variety for females this a a game that is rated T FOR TEEN .... we are already being treated like 8 year olds though, putting a suggestion like this is only going to enforce the fact that we need to be treated like sheltered 8 year olds. (also this whole debate needs to be through out for the shear fact that calling out women for being sexual needs to stop, its the whole thing of girls in short shorts getting suspended in school cause they are distracting young boys, there needs to be a stepping up that just because skin/figure is shown/accented it doesn't need to be though of as sexual.)[/quote] Pretty much this. Especially the fact that this site is rated T, a little bit of sexualizing shouldn't be all that big of a deal. If anything, the males of certain Familiars do need a bit more in terms of this. It would make it even and in doing so probably actually REDUCE the idea that certain female Familiars are sexualized to begin with. I'm also totally for redoing the armor on the female Centaur, not because of LOLBEWBS but because it's kind of impractical.

Pretty much this. Especially the fact that this site is rated T, a little bit of sexualizing shouldn't be all that big of a deal. If anything, the males of certain Familiars do need a bit more in terms of this. It would make it even and in doing so probably actually REDUCE the idea that certain female Familiars are sexualized to begin with.

I'm also totally for redoing the armor on the female Centaur, not because of LOLBEWBS but because it's kind of impractical.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
@EnchantingCurse

If a centaur falls flat on its chest it's got a lot of other problems going on I'd say. Does it really make them that much more vulnerable than the males, who aren't wearing any armor at all? Because I was under the impression that something, anything, is better than nothing at all.
@EnchantingCurse

If a centaur falls flat on its chest it's got a lot of other problems going on I'd say. Does it really make them that much more vulnerable than the males, who aren't wearing any armor at all? Because I was under the impression that something, anything, is better than nothing at all.
@Elai You have a point. One of the major things that bothers me is that it feels very one sided.
@Elai You have a point. One of the major things that bothers me is that it feels very one sided.
“blaireau’s
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27