Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Less sexualized familiars
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 27
No support.
None of these are overtly sexualized in any way.
Not to mention there's nothing wrong with being sexy.
And I love boob plates, they're fun to draw. It fantasy not let's be boring and practical time. I also find it kind of hypocritical to judge the effectiveness of the female centaurs boob plates when the males are completely topless and have even less protection.
Breasts aren't even sexual organs. You're the one sexualizing them
No support.
None of these are overtly sexualized in any way.
Not to mention there's nothing wrong with being sexy.
And I love boob plates, they're fun to draw. It fantasy not let's be boring and practical time. I also find it kind of hypocritical to judge the effectiveness of the female centaurs boob plates when the males are completely topless and have even less protection.
Breasts aren't even sexual organs. You're the one sexualizing them
halfbanner2_zps706d0aaa.jpg
No support.

This is your perception of it, not an overall. Just because the breasts on the mermaid are blatantly displayed (yet are still entirely covered, mind you), doesnt mean there needs to be a sexual correlation. If there's a sexual correlation, then that blame falls on the viewer, because you saw the breasts and chose to interpret it that way.

Though i do agree on the centaur, but thats just because i hate the inaccuracy of "boob armor" and how horribly inefficient and dangerous it would be. It's unrealistic for any kind of use. Ever fell on your chest and the valley in the center of the chest would at best, crush or fracture your rib cage, at worse kill you through mangling important internal organs and bone. THAT is one part I agree is unnecessarily sexualized, but because it places more importance on enhancing the breasts than it does on doing its actual job of protecting the wearer, which would be fine in a scenario for dressing up, cosplay, etc, but these centaurs are using these in battle and it takes away all sense of practicality.
No support.

This is your perception of it, not an overall. Just because the breasts on the mermaid are blatantly displayed (yet are still entirely covered, mind you), doesnt mean there needs to be a sexual correlation. If there's a sexual correlation, then that blame falls on the viewer, because you saw the breasts and chose to interpret it that way.

Though i do agree on the centaur, but thats just because i hate the inaccuracy of "boob armor" and how horribly inefficient and dangerous it would be. It's unrealistic for any kind of use. Ever fell on your chest and the valley in the center of the chest would at best, crush or fracture your rib cage, at worse kill you through mangling important internal organs and bone. THAT is one part I agree is unnecessarily sexualized, but because it places more importance on enhancing the breasts than it does on doing its actual job of protecting the wearer, which would be fine in a scenario for dressing up, cosplay, etc, but these centaurs are using these in battle and it takes away all sense of practicality.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
I don't think these familiars are sexualized at all. I mean for the Moren, you can't be wearing clothes. They woud simply drag you don in the water. Her design is fairly realisting, even if the tail looks like a pair of vacuum-packed legs.
As for the centaur, you're right. Armbor doesn't work like that. I think the change would make their design a lot better realistically, but she's still not sexualized.
I don't think these familiars are sexualized at all. I mean for the Moren, you can't be wearing clothes. They woud simply drag you don in the water. Her design is fairly realisting, even if the tail looks like a pair of vacuum-packed legs.
As for the centaur, you're right. Armbor doesn't work like that. I think the change would make their design a lot better realistically, but she's still not sexualized.
qOS1Ywi.png
Just thinking, with all the people complaining about boob-plate on the female centaurs, would it be better if the females wore nothing at all, just like the males?
Just thinking, with all the people complaining about boob-plate on the female centaurs, would it be better if the females wore nothing at all, just like the males?
No support. There's a distinct difference between "overly sexualized" and "has visible breasts and legs". I do agree that boobplates are silly and impractical, though.

EDIT: Also, the "creepy and jarring" comment sort of came out of left field for me. Are sexy mermaids a new phenomenon...?
No support. There's a distinct difference between "overly sexualized" and "has visible breasts and legs". I do agree that boobplates are silly and impractical, though.

EDIT: Also, the "creepy and jarring" comment sort of came out of left field for me. Are sexy mermaids a new phenomenon...?
I could go for the boob plate being fixed a little bc vacuum-sealed armor always weirds me out. I could also go for the male Maren having the 'leg' musculature like the females have (iirc, someone actually explained in the post where they were revealed that it actually makes more sense for them to have that, bc the way they bend their tails like knees means they'd likely have hips and thigh bones that join together at the knees to become the tail? or something).

But I don't agree that the familiars are too sexualised. Also the Luna Mith's breasts draw my attention way more than the Maren's. Breasts on a bug that straight-up looks like a bug are way more jarring than breasts on a thing that's human from the waist-up? So I don't really see how that's acceptable but the Maren isn't. Unless it's a case of 'the Luna Mith has fluff in the way' in which case, yes, that's because it's a moth and the Maren isn't.
I could go for the boob plate being fixed a little bc vacuum-sealed armor always weirds me out. I could also go for the male Maren having the 'leg' musculature like the females have (iirc, someone actually explained in the post where they were revealed that it actually makes more sense for them to have that, bc the way they bend their tails like knees means they'd likely have hips and thigh bones that join together at the knees to become the tail? or something).

But I don't agree that the familiars are too sexualised. Also the Luna Mith's breasts draw my attention way more than the Maren's. Breasts on a bug that straight-up looks like a bug are way more jarring than breasts on a thing that's human from the waist-up? So I don't really see how that's acceptable but the Maren isn't. Unless it's a case of 'the Luna Mith has fluff in the way' in which case, yes, that's because it's a moth and the Maren isn't.
Teddy/Dia | he/him/his | [Skin/Accent Shop]
4367.pngRWNbd8q.png4368.png
Boob-plates need to be changed. From a practical standpoint, if they got hit in the chest then her sternum would probably look, uh, interesting. Once the battle was over, if they survived at all. :V

I'd be less "less sexualized familiars" and more "lets have a better diversity of body types than sameface skinny people"
Boob-plates need to be changed. From a practical standpoint, if they got hit in the chest then her sternum would probably look, uh, interesting. Once the battle was over, if they survived at all. :V

I'd be less "less sexualized familiars" and more "lets have a better diversity of body types than sameface skinny people"
Tumblr ! | Accent Thread ! | Fatties !
The original post was unclear, so allow me to clarify: I'm not suggesting that the old art be changed (I know how much drama that would bring), just that this be born in mind when creating new familiars.

People do have a point about the luna mith, that's just the first naked familiar with breasts I found. Poor choice I guess. (The point of that post is mostly "what's the most notable feature of this familiar," not "are their boobs," but I guess that's a bit subjective.)

I think I'll edit the original post a bit to make things clearer (it was quite late at night when I wrote that), but carry on. :)
The original post was unclear, so allow me to clarify: I'm not suggesting that the old art be changed (I know how much drama that would bring), just that this be born in mind when creating new familiars.

People do have a point about the luna mith, that's just the first naked familiar with breasts I found. Poor choice I guess. (The point of that post is mostly "what's the most notable feature of this familiar," not "are their boobs," but I guess that's a bit subjective.)

I think I'll edit the original post a bit to make things clearer (it was quite late at night when I wrote that), but carry on. :)
“blaireau’s
[quote name="illusione" date="2014-10-10 23:43:34"]I understand this thread, and while I personally don't have a problem with the Maren ... well, the breastplate armor is really nonfunctional. I'd be 100% okay with a slight edit, although I don't think it's the most urgent of edits needed.[/quote]
illusione wrote on 2014-10-10 23:43:34:
I understand this thread, and while I personally don't have a problem with the Maren ... well, the breastplate armor is really nonfunctional. I'd be 100% okay with a slight edit, although I don't think it's the most urgent of edits needed.
Wooow last night's post was poorly worded. Sorry guys. ^^ I rewrote it now that it isn't sleep o'clock.
Wooow last night's post was poorly worded. Sorry guys. ^^ I rewrote it now that it isn't sleep o'clock.
“blaireau’s
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 27