Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Dragon's Food Preference
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@TheHeroicOne

Prob because of the person who bumped it before you
@TheHeroicOne

Prob because of the person who bumped it before you
@digbluefire

Well whoops. >->
@digbluefire

Well whoops. >->
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
@digbluefire @TheHeroicOne

However, necroing rules do not apply in the suggestion forums so it doesn't matter much.
@digbluefire @TheHeroicOne

However, necroing rules do not apply in the suggestion forums so it doesn't matter much.
The problem we're having now is because the code isn't working as intended. The ones who only eat one food type are SUPPOSE to eat first anyway before other omnivores, but it's not working that way for newer breed like coatl. The order of food consumption intended is like:
1. single food type eat first, among them older ones eat before younger ones
2. ones that eat two types eat second
so on and so forth.

So the suggestion really should be, fix the bug please.
The problem we're having now is because the code isn't working as intended. The ones who only eat one food type are SUPPOSE to eat first anyway before other omnivores, but it's not working that way for newer breed like coatl. The order of food consumption intended is like:
1. single food type eat first, among them older ones eat before younger ones
2. ones that eat two types eat second
so on and so forth.

So the suggestion really should be, fix the bug please.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
yiiiiiiis
yiiiiiiis
7GFlGJN.pngUQye6pN.pngMrRCllp.pngw7zrq5X.pngJ62sYF0.pnghgDH6fo.png9My5I2b.pngiibnNpu.pngDBFJoJn.pngA3L5B4e.pngzjJqiVN.png
v8f8ZKI.png
Wouldn't it make more sense for two-types to eat from whichever amount is larger, e.g. having 80 insects and 70 meat has Spirals eat insects, but 70 insects and 80 meat has Spirals be carnivorous.
Wouldn't it make more sense for two-types to eat from whichever amount is larger, e.g. having 80 insects and 70 meat has Spirals eat insects, but 70 insects and 80 meat has Spirals be carnivorous.
@dzamie

Now I don't know about coding, but maybe, just maybe, that would be sort of hard to code, since each person can add food points randomly and there are not so many accounts and the number of food points can change very often? May cause the site to lag? I don't know...
@dzamie

Now I don't know about coding, but maybe, just maybe, that would be sort of hard to code, since each person can add food points randomly and there are not so many accounts and the number of food points can change very often? May cause the site to lag? I don't know...
1313.png39dkph.gif
Missing Familiars..........Raffle!..........
@PeppermintStars

I don't know how the site's coded, but seeing as how two-types can still switch what food they eat (meaning it's stored as a variable for some reason), it'd be much easier to do something like

if(foods[0].quantity > foods[1].quantity)
eat(foods[0]);
else
eat(foods[1]);

because then you don't need to store currentFood as a variable, you just need to have a list of possible things to eat. I can't think of a time where someone somehow adds food points at the same time their dragons are eating, but I can't think of any issues that would result from my suggestion that couldn't also result from the current system.
@PeppermintStars

I don't know how the site's coded, but seeing as how two-types can still switch what food they eat (meaning it's stored as a variable for some reason), it'd be much easier to do something like

if(foods[0].quantity > foods[1].quantity)
eat(foods[0]);
else
eat(foods[1]);

because then you don't need to store currentFood as a variable, you just need to have a list of possible things to eat. I can't think of a time where someone somehow adds food points at the same time their dragons are eating, but I can't think of any issues that would result from my suggestion that couldn't also result from the current system.
Per PeppermintStars' concern, the problem isn't so much adding food points while your dragons are eating so much as every time a dragon eats your food points change.

Imagine a large lair with 100+ dragons of varying breeds. When they hit the feed button the site currently calculates based on breed, then age, then preferred food type:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1269616

If it had to constantly recalculate greater than/lesser (insects vs meat, for example) every time each individual dragon got fed...The feeding time bug in the coli already exists now. Then increase the calculations to the 4 types of food Guardians and Imps eat.

The current flawed feeding system does have the benefit of being stream-lined. If it is rewritten in the site update as originally intended (picky eaters before omnivores) then multiple food type choices might not be necessary or be solely a lore-type thing.
Per PeppermintStars' concern, the problem isn't so much adding food points while your dragons are eating so much as every time a dragon eats your food points change.

Imagine a large lair with 100+ dragons of varying breeds. When they hit the feed button the site currently calculates based on breed, then age, then preferred food type:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1269616

If it had to constantly recalculate greater than/lesser (insects vs meat, for example) every time each individual dragon got fed...The feeding time bug in the coli already exists now. Then increase the calculations to the 4 types of food Guardians and Imps eat.

The current flawed feeding system does have the benefit of being stream-lined. If it is rewritten in the site update as originally intended (picky eaters before omnivores) then multiple food type choices might not be necessary or be solely a lore-type thing.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Support. -glares at imperials further-
Support. -glares at imperials further-
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17