Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Suggestions
1 2 ... 204 205 206 207 208 ... 282 283
Only deer i think we have rn is elk would be awesome to see more

Only deer i think we have rn is elk would be awesome to see more

Coyotes.

I know too much about them so here's some info dumps about colors and other ideas >.> Some of the pictures (which I'll note which ones they are) will be taxidermy or in traps bc people don't like coyotes very much :/

Eastern coyotes are super cute with more colors like redder and darker tones and have smaller, rounder ears, along with a softer look to them. This baby is a great example of a redder one! (I think they'd make a great fire element creature) And here's one who's a darker color, and then a paler one!

Coyotes come in a bunch of different colors too, which would be useful for making different elements perhaps?
Black, black and tan (same type of coloring as a doberman or rottweiler, in fact they got this and the all black gene from dogs loooong ago), red from dogs and white from dogs (this link is a taxidermy mount) (both the red and white from dogs are the same gene with black noses/eye pigment/etc, its the same coloration as golden retrievers have!), vs natural white-ish phase from certain subspecies of coyotes, and then albino white coyotes (taxidermy again). Also from dogs is piebald! (this one is in a leg hold trap but isn't super distressed looking)

Natural/originated from coyotes themselves colors include: very pale like above, more solid grey, lots of red, basically pastel browns, and overly saturated, as well as a lot more if you look at the individual nineteen not including eastern coyote subspecies! There's also variety in ear shape, muzzle length, legginess, etc, but the best coyotes are pointy leggy babies with giant radar ears. They also look different in winter vs in summer!
Coyotes.

I know too much about them so here's some info dumps about colors and other ideas >.> Some of the pictures (which I'll note which ones they are) will be taxidermy or in traps bc people don't like coyotes very much :/

Eastern coyotes are super cute with more colors like redder and darker tones and have smaller, rounder ears, along with a softer look to them. This baby is a great example of a redder one! (I think they'd make a great fire element creature) And here's one who's a darker color, and then a paler one!

Coyotes come in a bunch of different colors too, which would be useful for making different elements perhaps?
Black, black and tan (same type of coloring as a doberman or rottweiler, in fact they got this and the all black gene from dogs loooong ago), red from dogs and white from dogs (this link is a taxidermy mount) (both the red and white from dogs are the same gene with black noses/eye pigment/etc, its the same coloration as golden retrievers have!), vs natural white-ish phase from certain subspecies of coyotes, and then albino white coyotes (taxidermy again). Also from dogs is piebald! (this one is in a leg hold trap but isn't super distressed looking)

Natural/originated from coyotes themselves colors include: very pale like above, more solid grey, lots of red, basically pastel browns, and overly saturated, as well as a lot more if you look at the individual nineteen not including eastern coyote subspecies! There's also variety in ear shape, muzzle length, legginess, etc, but the best coyotes are pointy leggy babies with giant radar ears. They also look different in winter vs in summer!
Artist + Writer | he/they | FR + 3
[img]https://daily.jstor.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/J_Daily_CocoCrab_1050x700.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.sciencenews.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/020217_SM_coconut-crab_main.jpg[/img] BIG BOYS. Coconut crabs, please. If you ever end up making a tropical island venue, I think coconut crabs would go really well as enemies and they could drop coconuts as plant items.
J_Daily_CocoCrab_1050x700.jpg
020217_SM_coconut-crab_main.jpg

BIG BOYS. Coconut crabs, please. If you ever end up making a tropical island venue, I think coconut crabs would go really well as enemies and they could drop coconuts as plant items.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[img]https://www.lemurconservationnetwork.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Young-aye-aye-4-months-old-David-Haring.jpg[/img] Here's an idea. A familiar inspired off the aye aye.
Young-aye-aye-4-months-old-David-Haring.jpg

Here's an idea. A familiar inspired off the aye aye.
TeIPAUy.gifqv3OlWK.png6rbz2Vd.png H0bF1BC.gif
[quote name="Recallback" date="2019-08-13 23:17:20" ] So someone a while ago mentioned "proto dragons" and I loved the idea Basically, it was tiny fake dragons as familiars! So like lil lizards who look like the dragon breeds! Or at least a few of em I actually tried to draw up what I was thinking of and made a Proto Wildclaw + Proto Pearlcatcher [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/263683908502028289/611080120051957760/image0.jpg[/img] [/quote] This would be great for festival familiars. Each one being for their designated flight.
Recallback wrote on 2019-08-13 23:17:20:
So someone a while ago mentioned "proto dragons" and I loved the idea
Basically, it was tiny fake dragons as familiars! So like lil lizards who look like the dragon breeds! Or at least a few of em
I actually tried to draw up what I was thinking of and made a Proto Wildclaw + Proto Pearlcatcher
image0.jpg
This would be great for festival familiars. Each one being for their designated flight.
Oufkzg8.png
[quote name="UltraNumbed" date="2019-09-18 23:32:16" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2019-08-13 23:17:20" ] So someone a while ago mentioned "proto dragons" and I loved the idea Basically, it was tiny fake dragons as familiars! So like lil lizards who look like the dragon breeds! Or at least a few of em I actually tried to draw up what I was thinking of and made a Proto Wildclaw + Proto Pearlcatcher [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/263683908502028289/611080120051957760/image0.jpg[/img] [/quote] This would be great for festival familiars. Each one being for their designated flight. [/quote] I think that if they would be sold at the festivals they'd have to be a combination of certain dragons or after the deities. This is because certain dragons (Gaolers, Tundras ; Skydancers, Spirals ; etc.) have the same flight origin.
UltraNumbed wrote on 2019-09-18 23:32:16:
Recallback wrote on 2019-08-13 23:17:20:
So someone a while ago mentioned "proto dragons" and I loved the idea
Basically, it was tiny fake dragons as familiars! So like lil lizards who look like the dragon breeds! Or at least a few of em
I actually tried to draw up what I was thinking of and made a Proto Wildclaw + Proto Pearlcatcher
image0.jpg
This would be great for festival familiars. Each one being for their designated flight.

I think that if they would be sold at the festivals they'd have to be a combination of certain dragons or after the deities. This is because certain dragons (Gaolers, Tundras ; Skydancers, Spirals ; etc.) have the same flight origin.
goSc2L4.png
Lets make more of the tiny, cute familiars, like foxes, puppy-like things, and rodents? Those would be a cool addition to have,
Lets make more of the tiny, cute familiars, like foxes, puppy-like things, and rodents? Those would be a cool addition to have,
uUy6CkM.png
[quote name="Nesoi69" date="2019-09-20 20:24:56" ] Lets make more of the tiny, cute familiars, like foxes, puppy-like things, and rodents? Those would be a cool addition to have, [/quote] I AGREE! As someone who LOVE dogs (especially wolves) and rodents (including rats) I would love to see more familiars like these!
Nesoi69 wrote on 2019-09-20 20:24:56:

I AGREE! As someone who LOVE dogs (especially wolves) and rodents (including rats) I would love to see more familiars like these!
image.png
Wolf-Dat-Rescue.png Sleeping-Shadow-Whisper-Dream-Dragon.pngimage.png Lair Lore Art
I suck at digiart and don't feel like drawing on paper right now but spoopy bois like jack'o'lanterns, scarecrows, headless centaurs, werecreatures =3 spoop bois are good bois
I suck at digiart and don't feel like drawing on paper right now but spoopy bois like jack'o'lanterns, scarecrows, headless centaurs, werecreatures =3 spoop bois are good bois
Oufkzg8.png
[center]Longfin plecostomus familiars! [img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KMEAAOSwdaVcWHDb/s-l300.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.ekkwill.com/images/products/13300053.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.azgardens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Golden-Longfin-Bushy-Nose-Pleco-Pond-Fish.jpg[/img] I would cherish those majestic goofballs.[/center]
Longfin plecostomus familiars!
s-l300.jpg
13300053.jpg
Golden-Longfin-Bushy-Nose-Pleco-Pond-Fish.jpg
I would cherish those majestic goofballs.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
1 2 ... 204 205 206 207 208 ... 282 283