Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In Need of A Companion, Probably (ASK)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ammonite noticed that the red imperial was supporting the snoozing hatchling on her back as though she were a bejeweled, dream demon. The other forest-plumed imperial males supported each other's weight. She couldn't catch a glimpse of the dragons that attacked her, however, she knew they must have been near. Darkness swelled within her as she sharply called "Be quick" before dashing into the twisted, thorny underbrush. She weaved through the death-gripped plants and scorched stones so seamlessly, her form seemed to liquidize, almost. Ease of squeezing into compact areas was one of the perks of being part spiral and part otherworldly entity. Ammonite heard the struggling steps of the others behind her. Although land travel was uncomfortable, the hissing sky and its frothing face proved a feasible flight warning.

Despite these real-world turmoils, however, Ammonite's young mind swam with fears and emotions like piranhas in a mediocre tank, filled with dilute blood. She couldn't organize her priorities and her dreams; her past and her future; she couldn't even seem to gather her identity. Who was she now? "Ammonite the failed empress" didn't have a nice ring to it. In all seriousness, she was lost. Lost and unprepared. Lost and unable to think. And now, if that wasn't enough, she had a group of bohemians to accommodate.

She quickly shoved her thoughts down her throat again upon seeing a recognizable, vermillion sheet of water repellant fabric waft in the pouring weather. Her red eyes widened significantly as she growled, "We are here," to her companions.

The base was in the middle of a small, cleared out area with no definitive route of arrival. The piece of fabric Ammonite had seen was a mak-shift signal flag. mounted on a pole of wood and thigh bones. In the center, there was a primitive, marble (or perhaps marrow) cooking pot stationed pompously over a pile of charred wood. behind it, a hut slightly bigger than Ammonite stood lopsidedly. It composed of purple and red fabric, sticks, discarded bone, several skulls and mounds upon mounds of teeth, for whatever odd reason. Other bits and pieces littered the place. That aside, it was relatively large.

The demoness' janustrap exited her satchel with glee as it comfortably crawled on top of a bone pile, both of its heads sighing in unison.

"Make yourself... comfotable," she stated as she went over to the cooking pot and clumsily emptied it of water as it fell to its side with a thud.

Ammonite noticed that the red imperial was supporting the snoozing hatchling on her back as though she were a bejeweled, dream demon. The other forest-plumed imperial males supported each other's weight. She couldn't catch a glimpse of the dragons that attacked her, however, she knew they must have been near. Darkness swelled within her as she sharply called "Be quick" before dashing into the twisted, thorny underbrush. She weaved through the death-gripped plants and scorched stones so seamlessly, her form seemed to liquidize, almost. Ease of squeezing into compact areas was one of the perks of being part spiral and part otherworldly entity. Ammonite heard the struggling steps of the others behind her. Although land travel was uncomfortable, the hissing sky and its frothing face proved a feasible flight warning.

Despite these real-world turmoils, however, Ammonite's young mind swam with fears and emotions like piranhas in a mediocre tank, filled with dilute blood. She couldn't organize her priorities and her dreams; her past and her future; she couldn't even seem to gather her identity. Who was she now? "Ammonite the failed empress" didn't have a nice ring to it. In all seriousness, she was lost. Lost and unprepared. Lost and unable to think. And now, if that wasn't enough, she had a group of bohemians to accommodate.

She quickly shoved her thoughts down her throat again upon seeing a recognizable, vermillion sheet of water repellant fabric waft in the pouring weather. Her red eyes widened significantly as she growled, "We are here," to her companions.

The base was in the middle of a small, cleared out area with no definitive route of arrival. The piece of fabric Ammonite had seen was a mak-shift signal flag. mounted on a pole of wood and thigh bones. In the center, there was a primitive, marble (or perhaps marrow) cooking pot stationed pompously over a pile of charred wood. behind it, a hut slightly bigger than Ammonite stood lopsidedly. It composed of purple and red fabric, sticks, discarded bone, several skulls and mounds upon mounds of teeth, for whatever odd reason. Other bits and pieces littered the place. That aside, it was relatively large.

The demoness' janustrap exited her satchel with glee as it comfortably crawled on top of a bone pile, both of its heads sighing in unison.

"Make yourself... comfotable," she stated as she went over to the cooking pot and clumsily emptied it of water as it fell to its side with a thud.

Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

Allaiyn shuddered slightly as she glanced around the Ridgeback's abode. It was...well, to put it frankly, very macabre. Not the sort of place she would have willingly chosen, was she given the choice.

Well, might as well do as she says and get comfortable, Allaiyn thought. This storm is likely to last a while.

She found a mostly-dry spot, covertly sweeping away some bits of bone and setting the snoozing hatchling down. She found grasses and plants that weren't too wet and used them to form a makeshift nest around the little one, racking her brain for any hatchling-care knowledge she might've learned in her travels. She couldn't recall much.

She jumped slightly at the sudden thud from the tipped-over cooking pot, shooting the Ridgeback an uneasy glance before moving over to Celes and Ivar. "Need any help getting comfortable?" she asked the injured dragon. "I can try and find you some sort of bedding...might be a little damp, though."

Looking to Ivar, she added, "You can get some rest if you want. You've been a great help." She offered the white Imperial a smile, stretching her wing to touch his in a brief gesture of gratitude.
Allaiyn shuddered slightly as she glanced around the Ridgeback's abode. It was...well, to put it frankly, very macabre. Not the sort of place she would have willingly chosen, was she given the choice.

Well, might as well do as she says and get comfortable, Allaiyn thought. This storm is likely to last a while.

She found a mostly-dry spot, covertly sweeping away some bits of bone and setting the snoozing hatchling down. She found grasses and plants that weren't too wet and used them to form a makeshift nest around the little one, racking her brain for any hatchling-care knowledge she might've learned in her travels. She couldn't recall much.

She jumped slightly at the sudden thud from the tipped-over cooking pot, shooting the Ridgeback an uneasy glance before moving over to Celes and Ivar. "Need any help getting comfortable?" she asked the injured dragon. "I can try and find you some sort of bedding...might be a little damp, though."

Looking to Ivar, she added, "You can get some rest if you want. You've been a great help." She offered the white Imperial a smile, stretching her wing to touch his in a brief gesture of gratitude.
"No thank you on the matter of the bedding, I dont think I'll be lying down" he said to Allaiyn. Then, turning to Ivar, he took his weight back onto his own feet. "Thanks for the help getting here". He surveyed the clearing. It was very reminiscent of dens he had seen in the Scarred Wasteland. There were bones everywhere.

He limped to the edge of the clearing, clearly not familer with having to limp. Upon reaching the edge he leaned aginst a tree, then slid slowley into a sitting position. Ray had folowed them to the clearing at some distance and now came up to Celes and laid at his feet. What a strange mess this was, how odd it was to be involved with near strangers.

He shifted around, getting into a more comfortable position aginst the tree, one that could not be easily moved from in sleep, if he did sleep. He sighed and turned to look at the hatchling. Wbat kind of family would let a hatchling wander so far off and become so lost and frightened. He personally couldent wait to get home and he was a full grown adult.
"No thank you on the matter of the bedding, I dont think I'll be lying down" he said to Allaiyn. Then, turning to Ivar, he took his weight back onto his own feet. "Thanks for the help getting here". He surveyed the clearing. It was very reminiscent of dens he had seen in the Scarred Wasteland. There were bones everywhere.

He limped to the edge of the clearing, clearly not familer with having to limp. Upon reaching the edge he leaned aginst a tree, then slid slowley into a sitting position. Ray had folowed them to the clearing at some distance and now came up to Celes and laid at his feet. What a strange mess this was, how odd it was to be involved with near strangers.

He shifted around, getting into a more comfortable position aginst the tree, one that could not be easily moved from in sleep, if he did sleep. He sighed and turned to look at the hatchling. Wbat kind of family would let a hatchling wander so far off and become so lost and frightened. He personally couldent wait to get home and he was a full grown adult.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
As the other dragons familiarised themselves with her crudely fashioned home, Ammonite carefully dressed the pot in a scrap of fabric to prevent more meteorological saliva from entering the pot's gaping entrance. She took a look at Celes and "Ivar", and the at the hatchling and "Allaiyn".

They all seemed irritated; something Ammonite completely understood. Rain was a revolting phenomenon. She called: "Underneath one or two of the piles of bone you see, there should be some more sheets of cloth. I suppose you can fashion something out of them," she went to her janustrap and benevolently scratched its chin before continuing, "don't touch Any of my other belongings without permission, for the love of Plaguebringer. Unless you want your hides to be what sits in my collection."

Her janustraps smacked their fanged lips in a flagitious manner, flashing their botched, hellish mouths. Ammonite stalked over to the dragons again, all whilst keeping a somewhat safe distance. She acknowledged the varying amounts of devastation in them and decided the best course of action would be to snipe a few prey items to snack on. She herself was slightly famished.

"I am going out to find food. Unless you want a larger share, I suggest the capable of you all should do the same."
As the other dragons familiarised themselves with her crudely fashioned home, Ammonite carefully dressed the pot in a scrap of fabric to prevent more meteorological saliva from entering the pot's gaping entrance. She took a look at Celes and "Ivar", and the at the hatchling and "Allaiyn".

They all seemed irritated; something Ammonite completely understood. Rain was a revolting phenomenon. She called: "Underneath one or two of the piles of bone you see, there should be some more sheets of cloth. I suppose you can fashion something out of them," she went to her janustrap and benevolently scratched its chin before continuing, "don't touch Any of my other belongings without permission, for the love of Plaguebringer. Unless you want your hides to be what sits in my collection."

Her janustraps smacked their fanged lips in a flagitious manner, flashing their botched, hellish mouths. Ammonite stalked over to the dragons again, all whilst keeping a somewhat safe distance. She acknowledged the varying amounts of devastation in them and decided the best course of action would be to snipe a few prey items to snack on. She herself was slightly famished.

"I am going out to find food. Unless you want a larger share, I suggest the capable of you all should do the same."

Ivar looked around at the other dragons and then at himself. Celes and Allaiyn were both injured, and the hatchling was... Well, a hatchling. "I suppose that means me." He said flatly. Well, that was fine. He doubted he would have gotten much sleep in here, anyway.

So he put on a brave face and offered the ridgeback- whose name he realized he still did not know- a half-hearted smile. "You probably know all the best places to find food, right? I- Well, if you could show me to them, that would be lovely."

Ivar stood next to the ridgeback stiffly, trying not to spread his wings out or twitch his tail too far in either direction, so as not to accidentally bump into her.
Ivar looked around at the other dragons and then at himself. Celes and Allaiyn were both injured, and the hatchling was... Well, a hatchling. "I suppose that means me." He said flatly. Well, that was fine. He doubted he would have gotten much sleep in here, anyway.

So he put on a brave face and offered the ridgeback- whose name he realized he still did not know- a half-hearted smile. "You probably know all the best places to find food, right? I- Well, if you could show me to them, that would be lovely."

Ivar stood next to the ridgeback stiffly, trying not to spread his wings out or twitch his tail too far in either direction, so as not to accidentally bump into her.
Ammonite snorted an amused whisp of red smoke at Ivar. Despite the fact he was significantly larger than her, he seemed so small in terms of confidence. As the vermillion vapor dissipated into nothingness, Ammonite's smile widened into a clean-cut grin before she curled to face him directly.
"Alright then," she said flatly, "we shouldn't delay ourselves further."

She motioned to the easternmost part of the death-stricken forest that bordered her base. "I've had the most of my luck finding nutritional prey in the sectors that branch off from here. Call it the Dinner division, if you will." She sighed before shaking her head at her own stupidity. Her harshness returned, "If you like seafood, then tough. We won't be able to find any from miles, however, this area is a jackpot for the other major food groups." All of a sudden, her features seemed to slightly diminish. As a ridgeback, seafood should've been her primary food source. As a result of going so long without it, her strength has grown lackluster.

She staggered over to the area that she deemed commendable before motioning for Ivar to follow. "Let's go; we want to be back before dark unless you can summon light."
Ammonite snorted an amused whisp of red smoke at Ivar. Despite the fact he was significantly larger than her, he seemed so small in terms of confidence. As the vermillion vapor dissipated into nothingness, Ammonite's smile widened into a clean-cut grin before she curled to face him directly.
"Alright then," she said flatly, "we shouldn't delay ourselves further."

She motioned to the easternmost part of the death-stricken forest that bordered her base. "I've had the most of my luck finding nutritional prey in the sectors that branch off from here. Call it the Dinner division, if you will." She sighed before shaking her head at her own stupidity. Her harshness returned, "If you like seafood, then tough. We won't be able to find any from miles, however, this area is a jackpot for the other major food groups." All of a sudden, her features seemed to slightly diminish. As a ridgeback, seafood should've been her primary food source. As a result of going so long without it, her strength has grown lackluster.

She staggered over to the area that she deemed commendable before motioning for Ivar to follow. "Let's go; we want to be back before dark unless you can summon light."

(small bump to make sure we're all still alive lol)

Allaiyn watched Ivar and the Ridgeback (can't remember if Ammonite has actually introduced herself yet? I'll go back and check then edit xD) leave, letting out a heavy sigh.

This wasn't ideal. Not at all.

Looking between Celes and the sleeping hatchling, she decided to take a seat midway between the two, in case either needed her help for whatever reason. Satisfied that she was close enough to leap to the aid of either dragon but still had enough room to fulfill her personal space needs, Allaiyn curled up on the bone-strewn ground, eyes on the area where Ivar and the Ridgeback had disappeared into the trees.

She half wanted to start a conversation with Celes--she was curious about his clan, as she was all clans, and wanted to know what dialect and language his accent was. Maybe they could even discuss the hatchling while she was asleep and unable to be worried by their theorizing as to what was..."different" about her. But, Allaiyn wasn't the kind to start conversation. She wasn't the kind to start anything, really--conversations, relationships, fights, a journey to an actual, decided destination--you name it. She preferred to have others start talking to her, first.

Maybe it was selfish, but at least that way she knew they were actually interested, to some degree. No one ever seemed to be, though, so she'd grown used to the silence surrounding her in social situations. She almost liked it, really. She could just listen to everyone else, learning all about them without having to exert herself.

But, after several long, long moments of somewhat-uneasy silence, she started considering speaking up. Looking away from the forest she glanced at the hatchling, then at Celes. He probably didn't want to talk anyway, and she wouldn't blame him. She was sure he was in a lot of pain. She wished Ivar had stayed. He seemed a little awkward, but sociable.

Thinking of Ivar, she realized she probably should've offered to go hunting, too. She wasn't hurt that badly, only a bit of a sprained leg and a few scrapes. She'd prefer the aches and the damp forest to the uneasy silence in the makeshift camp, broken only by Celes' occasional pained grunt and the hatchling's raspy breaths.

(whooo turned out longer than I meant it to ._.)
(small bump to make sure we're all still alive lol)

Allaiyn watched Ivar and the Ridgeback (can't remember if Ammonite has actually introduced herself yet? I'll go back and check then edit xD) leave, letting out a heavy sigh.

This wasn't ideal. Not at all.

Looking between Celes and the sleeping hatchling, she decided to take a seat midway between the two, in case either needed her help for whatever reason. Satisfied that she was close enough to leap to the aid of either dragon but still had enough room to fulfill her personal space needs, Allaiyn curled up on the bone-strewn ground, eyes on the area where Ivar and the Ridgeback had disappeared into the trees.

She half wanted to start a conversation with Celes--she was curious about his clan, as she was all clans, and wanted to know what dialect and language his accent was. Maybe they could even discuss the hatchling while she was asleep and unable to be worried by their theorizing as to what was..."different" about her. But, Allaiyn wasn't the kind to start conversation. She wasn't the kind to start anything, really--conversations, relationships, fights, a journey to an actual, decided destination--you name it. She preferred to have others start talking to her, first.

Maybe it was selfish, but at least that way she knew they were actually interested, to some degree. No one ever seemed to be, though, so she'd grown used to the silence surrounding her in social situations. She almost liked it, really. She could just listen to everyone else, learning all about them without having to exert herself.

But, after several long, long moments of somewhat-uneasy silence, she started considering speaking up. Looking away from the forest she glanced at the hatchling, then at Celes. He probably didn't want to talk anyway, and she wouldn't blame him. She was sure he was in a lot of pain. She wished Ivar had stayed. He seemed a little awkward, but sociable.

Thinking of Ivar, she realized she probably should've offered to go hunting, too. She wasn't hurt that badly, only a bit of a sprained leg and a few scrapes. She'd prefer the aches and the damp forest to the uneasy silence in the makeshift camp, broken only by Celes' occasional pained grunt and the hatchling's raspy breaths.

(whooo turned out longer than I meant it to ._.)
Celes breathed deeply. Everything would be made well again when he reached home. For now everything seemed strange and distant. As long as he didn't move too much his wounds only let off a dull throbbing pain. He let his head scrape against the rough bark of the tree, until it was resting on his neck. His eyes flited about the bone littered clearing. It was so quiet, nothing like the constant noise of home, weather it be the chattering of hatchlings or the soft hush of the sea.

His eyes slid shut and he murmured a prayer to his god. "Gardez ma famille en sécurité pendant qu'ils dorment ce soir, bénis-les avec des rêves paisibles, laissez-les trouver le confort et la paix. Aidez-moi à guérir et retrouver ma santé afin que je puisse les voir à nouveau. Laissez les voyageurs que je me trouve avec trouver la paix et la gentillesse whever ils errent. Laissez-moi trouver le sommeil afin que je puisse être soulagé de la douleur. Merci pour les bénédictions de la vie et de l'amour, qu'ils se déplacent librement sur la planète.".

Life would go on at his clan even if he didn't return. Not well, but it would. He didn't like the thought. He opened his eyes again, briefly looking at Allaiyn and the hatchling before shutting his eyes again. He began to hum softly.
Celes breathed deeply. Everything would be made well again when he reached home. For now everything seemed strange and distant. As long as he didn't move too much his wounds only let off a dull throbbing pain. He let his head scrape against the rough bark of the tree, until it was resting on his neck. His eyes flited about the bone littered clearing. It was so quiet, nothing like the constant noise of home, weather it be the chattering of hatchlings or the soft hush of the sea.

His eyes slid shut and he murmured a prayer to his god. "Gardez ma famille en sécurité pendant qu'ils dorment ce soir, bénis-les avec des rêves paisibles, laissez-les trouver le confort et la paix. Aidez-moi à guérir et retrouver ma santé afin que je puisse les voir à nouveau. Laissez les voyageurs que je me trouve avec trouver la paix et la gentillesse whever ils errent. Laissez-moi trouver le sommeil afin que je puisse être soulagé de la douleur. Merci pour les bénédictions de la vie et de l'amour, qu'ils se déplacent librement sur la planète.".

Life would go on at his clan even if he didn't return. Not well, but it would. He didn't like the thought. He opened his eyes again, briefly looking at Allaiyn and the hatchling before shutting his eyes again. He began to hum softly.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
"No, no... I mean, I like seafood well enough, but I don't need it. that's fine." Ivar said quickly, and followed Ammonite into the trees. A thought occurred to him. "Oh!" He said, "I'm sorry, I don't believe I ever asked your name... I'm Ivar, in case you didn't know already."

He made an effort to smile at the ridgeback. If they were going to be spending this much time together, it was best to be friendly, he thought. But her intense stare was too much for him, and so he took to looking around at the scenery instead.

His mind trailed back to the other three dragons Ammonite was sheltering for the night. All of them- the ridgeback included- made him nervous. That wasn't too unusual; after all, the snowy imperial was easily rattled. But something about the situation that brought the five of them together had tainted them in his mind.

Oh, he liked them all well enough, sure. Even the ridgeback, with her harsh words and her sharp claws. He just really, really didn't know if he could trust them
"No, no... I mean, I like seafood well enough, but I don't need it. that's fine." Ivar said quickly, and followed Ammonite into the trees. A thought occurred to him. "Oh!" He said, "I'm sorry, I don't believe I ever asked your name... I'm Ivar, in case you didn't know already."

He made an effort to smile at the ridgeback. If they were going to be spending this much time together, it was best to be friendly, he thought. But her intense stare was too much for him, and so he took to looking around at the scenery instead.

His mind trailed back to the other three dragons Ammonite was sheltering for the night. All of them- the ridgeback included- made him nervous. That wasn't too unusual; after all, the snowy imperial was easily rattled. But something about the situation that brought the five of them together had tainted them in his mind.

Oh, he liked them all well enough, sure. Even the ridgeback, with her harsh words and her sharp claws. He just really, really didn't know if he could trust them
Ammonite's inner anxieties tried crawling back to her. They weren't fully gone. Of course, it made sense; she hated that. The imperial's voice cut the silence. "Oh! I'm sorry, I don't believe I ever asked for your name... I'm Ivar."

Ammonite emitted a grumble from deep in her throat. "I know," her voice tone seemed deeply irritable, "I'm not a complete beast - I listen to things as well." She seemed to drop the conversation for a few seconds before beginning again. "Ammonite. Ammonite is my name."

As she said this, the sky emitted a thunderous roar. Coincidence, obviously; though, one could not help simply wondering whether or not the sky was detesting the name.
Ammonite's inner anxieties tried crawling back to her. They weren't fully gone. Of course, it made sense; she hated that. The imperial's voice cut the silence. "Oh! I'm sorry, I don't believe I ever asked for your name... I'm Ivar."

Ammonite emitted a grumble from deep in her throat. "I know," her voice tone seemed deeply irritable, "I'm not a complete beast - I listen to things as well." She seemed to drop the conversation for a few seconds before beginning again. "Ammonite. Ammonite is my name."

As she said this, the sky emitted a thunderous roar. Coincidence, obviously; though, one could not help simply wondering whether or not the sky was detesting the name.

1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12