Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In Need of A Companion, Probably (ASK)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Allaiyn flinched at Celes' obvious pain, shaking her head in response to Ivar's question. "No, I'm not much of a healer. I can patch up small cuts and things, but that's about it."

She glanced over her shoulder, seeing the Ridgeback give the hatchling a small mound of plants. Whatever the greenery was, the hatchling seemed eager to try it and Allaiyn supposed it wasn't harmful. At least the little one seemed about back to normal.

The sudden drip-drop of water made her look up in surprise, squinting at the dark clouds rolling in. Where did those come from? What kind of a messed up, catastrophe-inducing waterhole is this?

Shaking her head slightly in disbelief, she looked to the injured male. "Where were you headed?" she asked with a sudden flash of inspiration. "Is it far? Maybe some of us could help you there."

Allaiyn flinched at Celes' obvious pain, shaking her head in response to Ivar's question. "No, I'm not much of a healer. I can patch up small cuts and things, but that's about it."

She glanced over her shoulder, seeing the Ridgeback give the hatchling a small mound of plants. Whatever the greenery was, the hatchling seemed eager to try it and Allaiyn supposed it wasn't harmful. At least the little one seemed about back to normal.

The sudden drip-drop of water made her look up in surprise, squinting at the dark clouds rolling in. Where did those come from? What kind of a messed up, catastrophe-inducing waterhole is this?

Shaking her head slightly in disbelief, she looked to the injured male. "Where were you headed?" she asked with a sudden flash of inspiration. "Is it far? Maybe some of us could help you there."
Celes let himself fall back into the sand, again lying flat. It had begun pouring rain. The cold tortents of rain cooled the fire in his wounds. It felt absoloutely wonderful.

"I was headed home" the corners of his mouth twitched up in a simle at the cool relief " Its not far, not far at all".

He lifted his head and let the rain run in torrents down his face. "How wonderful it would be to be home" he sighed "And even if I didn't need help I would invite everyone to visit". He looked at the female "the clan loves to entertain".

(Sorry for the doubble notice, accidentally posted twice)
Celes let himself fall back into the sand, again lying flat. It had begun pouring rain. The cold tortents of rain cooled the fire in his wounds. It felt absoloutely wonderful.

"I was headed home" the corners of his mouth twitched up in a simle at the cool relief " Its not far, not far at all".

He lifted his head and let the rain run in torrents down his face. "How wonderful it would be to be home" he sighed "And even if I didn't need help I would invite everyone to visit". He looked at the female "the clan loves to entertain".

(Sorry for the doubble notice, accidentally posted twice)
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
The rain was becoming a brutal shower of war pellets now as Ammonite became unnerved. The rain wasn't painful more so it was irritating. She tried to listen in to what the clan was saying.

Then she realised something.

"You will not be free from punishment."

Was this a curse from her clan? The odds were extremely slim, however Ammonite couldn't help but feel paranoid. What if it was and she was being foolish? Whether it was or not, the demoness felt a sudden urge to tell the others but, they couldn't possibly trust her now, right?

She gritted through closed fangs.
The rain was becoming a brutal shower of war pellets now as Ammonite became unnerved. The rain wasn't painful more so it was irritating. She tried to listen in to what the clan was saying.

Then she realised something.

"You will not be free from punishment."

Was this a curse from her clan? The odds were extremely slim, however Ammonite couldn't help but feel paranoid. What if it was and she was being foolish? Whether it was or not, the demoness felt a sudden urge to tell the others but, they couldn't possibly trust her now, right?

She gritted through closed fangs.
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

Allaiyn, rattled as she was by the events of the day thus far, managed to return Celes' small smile. "Maybe we can help you back to your clan," she suggested. "I don't know about everyone else here, but I wasn't really headed anywhere in particular."

She paused, shaking her head and sending water droplets flying everywhere. "For now, though," she said, looking around at the other dragons. "I think we should try and get some shelter from this storm. By the size of those clouds I'd say it's going to be a bad one."

Turning, her eyes landed on the Ridgeback. As much as she didn't want to ask for the cold, sharp-tongued stranger's help, she felt the Ridgeback was the most qualified to lend assistance. The purple dragoness did appear to have been wandering the area for a little while.

"You," Allaiyn called over the growing din of the storm, addressing the Ridgeback. "Do you know someplace where we could all get out of this storm? A cave maybe, or something with a roof?"

Waiting for the dragoness to answer, Allaiyn looked back down to Celes, asking, with a nod to Ivar, "Do you need help to walk? I'm sure Ivar and I wouldn't mind if you needed to use one of us--" Celes seemed to sway on his feet, favoring his broken leg, and Allaiyn added, "--or both of us--to lean on."
Allaiyn, rattled as she was by the events of the day thus far, managed to return Celes' small smile. "Maybe we can help you back to your clan," she suggested. "I don't know about everyone else here, but I wasn't really headed anywhere in particular."

She paused, shaking her head and sending water droplets flying everywhere. "For now, though," she said, looking around at the other dragons. "I think we should try and get some shelter from this storm. By the size of those clouds I'd say it's going to be a bad one."

Turning, her eyes landed on the Ridgeback. As much as she didn't want to ask for the cold, sharp-tongued stranger's help, she felt the Ridgeback was the most qualified to lend assistance. The purple dragoness did appear to have been wandering the area for a little while.

"You," Allaiyn called over the growing din of the storm, addressing the Ridgeback. "Do you know someplace where we could all get out of this storm? A cave maybe, or something with a roof?"

Waiting for the dragoness to answer, Allaiyn looked back down to Celes, asking, with a nod to Ivar, "Do you need help to walk? I'm sure Ivar and I wouldn't mind if you needed to use one of us--" Celes seemed to sway on his feet, favoring his broken leg, and Allaiyn added, "--or both of us--to lean on."
Ammonite's jaw cracked as she quickly jolted her head to face the red imperial; her blue eyes glowed through the steam the demoness' scales were emitting. She began to realise just how large the imperials all were in comparison to her. She grimaced before sharply answering.
"There's aren't any naturally occuring caves that I've found," she took a quick glance at the liquidity of the sky's washed out hues before continuing, "however I have managed to forge a smallish living space in a very cramped clearing. I suppose I have no choice but to let you..." She struggled at the last word, "come."

She began to shake vigorously; the heat from the steam became unbearable enough to be considered slightly painful. She paced back and forth, slightly amused at how no one has said anything.
Ammonite's jaw cracked as she quickly jolted her head to face the red imperial; her blue eyes glowed through the steam the demoness' scales were emitting. She began to realise just how large the imperials all were in comparison to her. She grimaced before sharply answering.
"There's aren't any naturally occuring caves that I've found," she took a quick glance at the liquidity of the sky's washed out hues before continuing, "however I have managed to forge a smallish living space in a very cramped clearing. I suppose I have no choice but to let you..." She struggled at the last word, "come."

She began to shake vigorously; the heat from the steam became unbearable enough to be considered slightly painful. She paced back and forth, slightly amused at how no one has said anything.

The hatchling munched on the leaves and quite quickly nothing was left. She had calmed a little bit, but when the first drop of water landed on her face she jumped and screeched. There was nothing left of the blue in her scales or eyes, and the acidic puddle had all but diminished.
She watched as the others talked amongst themselves, wondering if she should try to escape again. She didn't want to run into any more big spiky scary people. But now there was wetness falling from the sky!!
She had never seen rain before and was still too young to learn what it was, so as the storm began to kick in she started to try and dodge the harmless projectiles.
She wasn't very good at it, and she was still very weak.
As she hopped around and hissed at every drop that hit her, she began to slow down, her eyelids drooping. Finally, she gave in and collapsed for the final time, relinquishing herself to a long needed sleep.
The hatchling munched on the leaves and quite quickly nothing was left. She had calmed a little bit, but when the first drop of water landed on her face she jumped and screeched. There was nothing left of the blue in her scales or eyes, and the acidic puddle had all but diminished.
She watched as the others talked amongst themselves, wondering if she should try to escape again. She didn't want to run into any more big spiky scary people. But now there was wetness falling from the sky!!
She had never seen rain before and was still too young to learn what it was, so as the storm began to kick in she started to try and dodge the harmless projectiles.
She wasn't very good at it, and she was still very weak.
As she hopped around and hissed at every drop that hit her, she began to slow down, her eyelids drooping. Finally, she gave in and collapsed for the final time, relinquishing herself to a long needed sleep.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
"Well, of course I'd be happy to help," Ivar said, coming up beside Celes and offering his shoulder to the injured imperial.

When the ridgeback spoke again, it surprised him. She was offering to help them? What happened to the hostile, vicious dragon they had met only minutes before? She wasn't nice, now, not by anyone's standards, but she was... Hospitable, at the very least.

Well, whatever had happened to change the ridgeback's attitude, Ivar was certainly glad for it. "Where, exactly, is this... This clearing of yours?" He called out.
"Well, of course I'd be happy to help," Ivar said, coming up beside Celes and offering his shoulder to the injured imperial.

When the ridgeback spoke again, it surprised him. She was offering to help them? What happened to the hostile, vicious dragon they had met only minutes before? She wasn't nice, now, not by anyone's standards, but she was... Hospitable, at the very least.

Well, whatever had happened to change the ridgeback's attitude, Ivar was certainly glad for it. "Where, exactly, is this... This clearing of yours?" He called out.
Ammonite was alarmed at "Celes' " sudden call. All of a sudden, she remembered why she disliked being cooperative. It dealt bizarre. It was comparable to something the weakest of the weak would feel coursing through them like a lazy sludge of vitamins as they actively sought out the assistance of other more capable specimens. She quivered before snarling, "I will lead you there myself; I can't entrust you to wander here within your own respects. You can memorise it's location yourself."

She lumbered over to the hatchling, who was now fast asleep. She could hear its hissing and was relieved to find it had finally shut up. Good riddance, she thought to herself with a lot of venom. Deep down however, she was felt a strange relief rest softly within her. She took another glance at the group of mismatches once more before calling, "I don't want to evaporate to death, so however still has some life left in them, follow me. And please," she stated as she quickly twisted around, "Don't create a fuss. I spent time renovating this area of land."
Ammonite was alarmed at "Celes' " sudden call. All of a sudden, she remembered why she disliked being cooperative. It dealt bizarre. It was comparable to something the weakest of the weak would feel coursing through them like a lazy sludge of vitamins as they actively sought out the assistance of other more capable specimens. She quivered before snarling, "I will lead you there myself; I can't entrust you to wander here within your own respects. You can memorise it's location yourself."

She lumbered over to the hatchling, who was now fast asleep. She could hear its hissing and was relieved to find it had finally shut up. Good riddance, she thought to herself with a lot of venom. Deep down however, she was felt a strange relief rest softly within her. She took another glance at the group of mismatches once more before calling, "I don't want to evaporate to death, so however still has some life left in them, follow me. And please," she stated as she quickly twisted around, "Don't create a fuss. I spent time renovating this area of land."

(I guess Celes is standing now? Very good, I probably couldn't get him up anyways, so thank you)

"Yes, help would be nice, thank you". He leaned aginst Ivar. All hostility was gone from him. He was calmed by the slight relief of his pain and the realization that he was among potental friends.

"But perhaps we should help that hatchling first". he said. He would have pointed, but one arm felt like dead weight and the other was supporting him and he could not afford to fall again. He had watched the young one try to attack the rain. Was it possible that they were too young to know weather?

He shifted slightly into a better standing position and watched the rain fall. "It would be best to collect them, its going to thunder here soon". As he spoke a flash of lightning, splintering and filing the land with its light, came down behind the group, several miles away. Seconds later a mighty crash filled the air. "This is the Shifting Expanse after all".
(I guess Celes is standing now? Very good, I probably couldn't get him up anyways, so thank you)

"Yes, help would be nice, thank you". He leaned aginst Ivar. All hostility was gone from him. He was calmed by the slight relief of his pain and the realization that he was among potental friends.

"But perhaps we should help that hatchling first". he said. He would have pointed, but one arm felt like dead weight and the other was supporting him and he could not afford to fall again. He had watched the young one try to attack the rain. Was it possible that they were too young to know weather?

He shifted slightly into a better standing position and watched the rain fall. "It would be best to collect them, its going to thunder here soon". As he spoke a flash of lightning, splintering and filing the land with its light, came down behind the group, several miles away. Seconds later a mighty crash filled the air. "This is the Shifting Expanse after all".
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
Allaiyn nodded in agreement with Celes' statement, glancing back to make sure he was supported firmly with Ivar before running over to where the hatchling lay slumbering in the rain.

"Well, at least you'll come quietly," she muttered with a huff of amusement, picking the hatchling up by the scruff of her neck and twisting around, draping the little one across her own back.

Blinking in the rain, she and the other dragons began to trail after the Ridgeback as the ornery female began to lead them towards this clearing of hers, wherever it was.

Allaiyn had noticed the Ridgeback appeared to be steaming in the downpour, and although she was intrigued, she wasn't quite surprised--she'd already seen the otherworldy stranger sprout two extra heads, so steaming a little when hit with water seemed feasible.
Allaiyn nodded in agreement with Celes' statement, glancing back to make sure he was supported firmly with Ivar before running over to where the hatchling lay slumbering in the rain.

"Well, at least you'll come quietly," she muttered with a huff of amusement, picking the hatchling up by the scruff of her neck and twisting around, draping the little one across her own back.

Blinking in the rain, she and the other dragons began to trail after the Ridgeback as the ornery female began to lead them towards this clearing of hers, wherever it was.

Allaiyn had noticed the Ridgeback appeared to be steaming in the downpour, and although she was intrigued, she wasn't quite surprised--she'd already seen the otherworldy stranger sprout two extra heads, so steaming a little when hit with water seemed feasible.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12