Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A visit to the Veridian Labyrinth
1 2 3
The forest was colossal, impenetrable, and verdant. Its canopy was contested by crab apple, oak, and holly, their crowns allowed cascading lights to shimmer through for an overabundance of plants to burst from the insect riddled soils below.
Silent climbing plants grasped most trees, and a mishmash of flowers, which were found in the quietest of places, caught attention in the otherwise colorless landscape.
A tumult of animal sounds, belonging mostly to foraging beasts, resonated through the air, and overpowered the occasional roar of a large animal trying to scare away predators.

Styx danced through the undergrowth while inching toward her prey. A banded Skira was stretching it's long neck up to feed off a low hanging branch. A large herd of Ramba was gathered around it as they picked at the ground around them. Her slitted emerald eyes watched as a pair of rams were busy butting heads in a display of dominance over the other.
The Smokey colored Skydancer stalked closer, behind her were three Wildclaws each eagerly creeping at her sides. When one paced forward so did the other two and eventually with a twitch of the feathers along Styx's jaws all three launched out toward their prey. The herd attacked back and managed to escape unscathed. The same could not be said for the dragons.

(Feel free to join in! This is a cross-clan rp to maybe build alliances.)
The forest was colossal, impenetrable, and verdant. Its canopy was contested by crab apple, oak, and holly, their crowns allowed cascading lights to shimmer through for an overabundance of plants to burst from the insect riddled soils below.
Silent climbing plants grasped most trees, and a mishmash of flowers, which were found in the quietest of places, caught attention in the otherwise colorless landscape.
A tumult of animal sounds, belonging mostly to foraging beasts, resonated through the air, and overpowered the occasional roar of a large animal trying to scare away predators.

Styx danced through the undergrowth while inching toward her prey. A banded Skira was stretching it's long neck up to feed off a low hanging branch. A large herd of Ramba was gathered around it as they picked at the ground around them. Her slitted emerald eyes watched as a pair of rams were busy butting heads in a display of dominance over the other.
The Smokey colored Skydancer stalked closer, behind her were three Wildclaws each eagerly creeping at her sides. When one paced forward so did the other two and eventually with a twitch of the feathers along Styx's jaws all three launched out toward their prey. The herd attacked back and managed to escape unscathed. The same could not be said for the dragons.

(Feel free to join in! This is a cross-clan rp to maybe build alliances.)
ygWzlbs.pngaKdV5MN.pngu9UVwot.pngdVEhpEt.png9Ul81xi.pngrzGCUW2.pngyK2yfiw.pngqBNWrht.pngKYC6yDa.pngHxJ7se6.pngW4bPTjV.pngd3XCZt0.pngX1o9g2Z.pngoA8PO33.pngBZroI2Z.png6Gz2fDO.pngu9UVwot.pngnFtGgPV.pngtDii0Aq.png
2W5hn3g.png
"Ramba!!" came a shrill high voice. The nocturne rapidly ducked into a nearby bush, his bright pink eyes gazing out. The two guardians gave a second before deciding how to react. The smaller one lept out of the way, snatching an unfortunate ramba as he went. The bigger guardian however stood fast and gave a deep resonating growl. The majority of the ramba ran away and around him, some more stubborn ones went straight, head down and ready to fight.
The guardian just growled louder, slowly opening his great maw in warning. It seemed enough to quell their courage, and they high-tailed it to other places.
When the commotion was over, he stood back up and tall, silently wondering what caused this. The smaller guardian came back, a lifeless ramba in one of his taloned hands. "Wonder what happened there" he wondered aloud, looking in the direction the herd had come from.
The nocturne poked his head out of the bush and looked about him.
"Ramba!!" came a shrill high voice. The nocturne rapidly ducked into a nearby bush, his bright pink eyes gazing out. The two guardians gave a second before deciding how to react. The smaller one lept out of the way, snatching an unfortunate ramba as he went. The bigger guardian however stood fast and gave a deep resonating growl. The majority of the ramba ran away and around him, some more stubborn ones went straight, head down and ready to fight.
The guardian just growled louder, slowly opening his great maw in warning. It seemed enough to quell their courage, and they high-tailed it to other places.
When the commotion was over, he stood back up and tall, silently wondering what caused this. The smaller guardian came back, a lifeless ramba in one of his taloned hands. "Wonder what happened there" he wondered aloud, looking in the direction the herd had come from.
The nocturne poked his head out of the bush and looked about him.
L2W2zjT.png
The Wildclaws turned to their guide and lowered their heads seeing that Styx's eyes had narrowed to little more than a sliver of emerald. "Unsuccessful again. I told you aim to land directly on their backs not at their feet!" The Skydancer seethed but quickly calmed herself.

"Sorry, the hunt is simply too thrilling sometimes." The larger of the three, a sturdy penny green female stalked over to the Skydancer who merely shook her head.

"Just... Calm down next time. If you three can't catch anything you might as well offer yourself to the deities anyways. King Ezekial isn't lenient with incompetent hunters." Styx cooed softly. Her eyes softened as well but her body language remained rigid. All three Wildclaws gave high-pitched victory shrieks which stirred up a lot of birds, and could be heard for miles. All three bounced around like rapid bunnies earning a silvery laugh from Styx.
The Wildclaws turned to their guide and lowered their heads seeing that Styx's eyes had narrowed to little more than a sliver of emerald. "Unsuccessful again. I told you aim to land directly on their backs not at their feet!" The Skydancer seethed but quickly calmed herself.

"Sorry, the hunt is simply too thrilling sometimes." The larger of the three, a sturdy penny green female stalked over to the Skydancer who merely shook her head.

"Just... Calm down next time. If you three can't catch anything you might as well offer yourself to the deities anyways. King Ezekial isn't lenient with incompetent hunters." Styx cooed softly. Her eyes softened as well but her body language remained rigid. All three Wildclaws gave high-pitched victory shrieks which stirred up a lot of birds, and could be heard for miles. All three bounced around like rapid bunnies earning a silvery laugh from Styx.
ygWzlbs.pngaKdV5MN.pngu9UVwot.pngdVEhpEt.png9Ul81xi.pngrzGCUW2.pngyK2yfiw.pngqBNWrht.pngKYC6yDa.pngHxJ7se6.pngW4bPTjV.pngd3XCZt0.pngX1o9g2Z.pngoA8PO33.pngBZroI2Z.png6Gz2fDO.pngu9UVwot.pngnFtGgPV.pngtDii0Aq.png
2W5hn3g.png
The nocturnes eyes widened in surprise at the sound of the shrieks, and he promptly worked his throat, making little test-calls to himself to check the pitch and inflections. When he had that in order, he shrieked back, attempting to be as loud as the initial call, and being quite close to it too.
The smaller guardian flinched, "What in Sornieth do you think you're doing???" he hissed at the smaller dragon. The bigger one squinted his eyes in the direction the sounds came from, but said nothing.
"Can I go check it out?", the little nocturne inquired.
The big guardian only gave a small rumbling answer "As you wish", he looked down to the other guardian "Go with him please. Make sure nothing happens".
Wordlessly, the younger guardian followed the nocturne in the direction of the sounds.
The nocturnes eyes widened in surprise at the sound of the shrieks, and he promptly worked his throat, making little test-calls to himself to check the pitch and inflections. When he had that in order, he shrieked back, attempting to be as loud as the initial call, and being quite close to it too.
The smaller guardian flinched, "What in Sornieth do you think you're doing???" he hissed at the smaller dragon. The bigger one squinted his eyes in the direction the sounds came from, but said nothing.
"Can I go check it out?", the little nocturne inquired.
The big guardian only gave a small rumbling answer "As you wish", he looked down to the other guardian "Go with him please. Make sure nothing happens".
Wordlessly, the younger guardian followed the nocturne in the direction of the sounds.
L2W2zjT.png
"You all enjoy yourselves too much... I question Lady Uru's judgment in recruiting you." Styx covered her ears, growling softly until the Wildclaws had stopped. They'd heard a cry not unlike their own at a distance and were now stumped but excited. All three trudged off toward the shriek with their guide in tow. She grumbled with each step as the energetic dragons bounced off roots in one spectacular motion compared to how her tail kept getting stuck.
"You all enjoy yourselves too much... I question Lady Uru's judgment in recruiting you." Styx covered her ears, growling softly until the Wildclaws had stopped. They'd heard a cry not unlike their own at a distance and were now stumped but excited. All three trudged off toward the shriek with their guide in tow. She grumbled with each step as the energetic dragons bounced off roots in one spectacular motion compared to how her tail kept getting stuck.
2W5hn3g.png
The little nocturne was picking up speed, excitement and curiosity driving him on. With feline-like agility, he bounced ahead, over bushes, around trees, nearly into a bramble bush at one point. The guardian was slowly trotting behind, sometimes frustrated the little dragon was going through areas he couldn't follow, but curiosity was gaining him too, and he made sure not to let him get out of sight.
The bigger guardian was making his way over at a slower pace, gently walking and avoiding crushing too many plants along his path.

The nocturne could now hear sounds ahead of him. And... more than he was anticipating. There only seemed to be about a dozen bushes between them now. His eyes grew wider, ready to catch any sign of movements ahead.

((OOC: getting excited with the little guy XD ))
The little nocturne was picking up speed, excitement and curiosity driving him on. With feline-like agility, he bounced ahead, over bushes, around trees, nearly into a bramble bush at one point. The guardian was slowly trotting behind, sometimes frustrated the little dragon was going through areas he couldn't follow, but curiosity was gaining him too, and he made sure not to let him get out of sight.
The bigger guardian was making his way over at a slower pace, gently walking and avoiding crushing too many plants along his path.

The nocturne could now hear sounds ahead of him. And... more than he was anticipating. There only seemed to be about a dozen bushes between them now. His eyes grew wider, ready to catch any sign of movements ahead.

((OOC: getting excited with the little guy XD ))
L2W2zjT.png
[columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49542985] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/495430/49542985.png[/img] [/url][/center][nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45062043] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/450621/45062043.png[/img] [/url][/center][/columns] "[color=#A96E25]OH MY WINDSIGER!![/color]" The shout drove several flocks of birds flying. Growling in frustration, Xenith stomped through the undergrowth with an Imperial by her side. "[color=#E1C637]Maybe you should not yell,[/color]" he said, wacking a couple branches aside. "[color=#E1C637]Besides, it gives us another chance to explore this area. We havn't gotten very many.[/color]"

"OH MY WINDSIGER!!" The shout drove several flocks of birds flying. Growling in frustration, Xenith stomped through the undergrowth with an Imperial by her side. "Maybe you should not yell," he said, wacking a couple branches aside. "Besides, it gives us another chance to explore this area. We havn't gotten very many."
Qef5UlF.png
nl5keoc.png
pIlgc2u.png
1j6wDhn.png
d3OF3Gw.png
jA5A7gu.png
sy6UFIv.png
E3nmoMt.png
J7D1quC.png
YMPbu9R.png
wZRY6Cl.gif 3a12fd70-a45a-45bb-93c0-0a24c3ae9dd2.jpg
Helios spotted a shape slipping through the brush and pounced, cooing and shrieking while staring down at the nocturne he'd tackled. Behind him, Cypress and Anomaly slipped into view with Styx slowly following. The smoky grey Skydancer made a series of clicks before the Wildclaw leaped back into formation with his miniature pack. "Who are you?" Her voice held authority, and irritation they had distracted them from the hunt. Meaning less meat for the clan.

The Wildclaws jumped from talon to talon eager to move or something.
Helios spotted a shape slipping through the brush and pounced, cooing and shrieking while staring down at the nocturne he'd tackled. Behind him, Cypress and Anomaly slipped into view with Styx slowly following. The smoky grey Skydancer made a series of clicks before the Wildclaw leaped back into formation with his miniature pack. "Who are you?" Her voice held authority, and irritation they had distracted them from the hunt. Meaning less meat for the clan.

The Wildclaws jumped from talon to talon eager to move or something.
2W5hn3g.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/326638/32663766.png[/img] The white and purple nocturne shrieked in alarm at being tackled so. Ending face-to-face with his assaulter let him know the wildclaw meant no real harm, especially when he jumped off him to join a strict formation with others. The stern voice made him jump. [color=darkorchid]"I uh... I'm Miccah. I mean no harm. I simply wanted to know what the shrieks were... you know, where they came from, who did it and why... that sorta stuff. I hope I didn't upset anything..."[/color] he looked at each of them nervously before looking fixedly at the ground. [color=darkorchid]"I'm sorry...?"[/color] he tried shyly. A big, harsh looking guardian head came out from the bushes behind the nocturne and stared straight at the new encounters. [color=mediumorchid]"What have you done now."[/color] he asked flatly. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/402960/40295962.png[/img] Miccah looked flustered and started a nervous mix of sounds, whistles, clicks and rasps.
32663766.png
The white and purple nocturne shrieked in alarm at being tackled so. Ending face-to-face with his assaulter let him know the wildclaw meant no real harm, especially when he jumped off him to join a strict formation with others.
The stern voice made him jump.
"I uh... I'm Miccah. I mean no harm. I simply wanted to know what the shrieks were... you know, where they came from, who did it and why... that sorta stuff. I hope I didn't upset anything..." he looked at each of them nervously before looking fixedly at the ground. "I'm sorry...?" he tried shyly.
A big, harsh looking guardian head came out from the bushes behind the nocturne and stared straight at the new encounters. "What have you done now." he asked flatly.
40295962.png

Miccah looked flustered and started a nervous mix of sounds, whistles, clicks and rasps.
L2W2zjT.png
"Its fine... Not that we were making progress anyway..." Her piercing emerald eyes slid to her companions who stopped moving the instant she looked at them. "I am Styx. These are Cypress, Helios and Anomaly." She pointed in order from the penny green female to the white male, and then to the matching white female. All three twitched.

"Forgive Helios for the rash actions. I am unfortunately the only one of my pack that understands and speaks drakonic." Cypress bowed her head slightly, then eyed the guardian.
"Its fine... Not that we were making progress anyway..." Her piercing emerald eyes slid to her companions who stopped moving the instant she looked at them. "I am Styx. These are Cypress, Helios and Anomaly." She pointed in order from the penny green female to the white male, and then to the matching white female. All three twitched.

"Forgive Helios for the rash actions. I am unfortunately the only one of my pack that understands and speaks drakonic." Cypress bowed her head slightly, then eyed the guardian.
2W5hn3g.png
1 2 3