Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Unfair Seafaring {FR RP} {Closed}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Seawater isn't supposed to be drunk? But isn't the ocean all made of water?
"Why can't you drink water from the ocean water? Isn't it still water?"
Seawater isn't supposed to be drunk? But isn't the ocean all made of water?
"Why can't you drink water from the ocean water? Isn't it still water?"
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
Yang was about to protest, but she figured that there was nothing she could do. It wasn’t like she could fly at all. The dragoness then gave a lit nod as she laid her head against the wooden deck. “I won’t be much use in combat, so I don’t know what other use you might have for me.”
Yang was about to protest, but she figured that there was nothing she could do. It wasn’t like she could fly at all. The dragoness then gave a lit nod as she laid her head against the wooden deck. “I won’t be much use in combat, so I don’t know what other use you might have for me.”
(Omg, Pirates, yesss!!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40419260] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/404193/40419260_350.png[/img] [/url] (Using Scry image since dragon isn't perma yet due to coli training.) [img]https://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=6&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=12&winggene=1&wings=85&auth=3f3199b176899ea10fbf4f3abe5328288ab0c8e1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Name: Nacre Age: Hatchling (Perma) Summary: Nacre is a very pretty pearl pearlie cursed to be a hatchling forever, but she never grew up and so she doesn't know what being an adult is like. While friends grew up around her she was left alone and lost. What was having a nest like? Just how demanding was leading a clan? How terrifying was the front of war? Nacre couldn't answer those important questions so she traveled the world to get the perspectives she was missing. She has since learned a lot over the years making her a little wise and she pretends to be more naive then she is as a defense-mechanism. Regardless, Nacre remains constantly vigilant for a cure for her curse and has heard talk that a solution is somewhere out at sea.
(Omg, Pirates, yesss!!)

40419260_350.png

(Using Scry image since dragon isn't perma yet due to coli training.)
dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=6&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=12&winggene=1&wings=85&auth=3f3199b176899ea10fbf4f3abe5328288ab0c8e1&dummyext=prev.png
Name: Nacre
Summary:
Nacre is a very pretty pearl pearlie cursed to be a hatchling forever, but she never grew up and so she doesn't know what being an adult is like.

While friends grew up around her she was left alone and lost.
What was having a nest like?
Just how demanding was leading a clan?
How terrifying was the front of war?

Nacre couldn't answer those important questions so she traveled the world to get the perspectives she was missing. She has since learned a lot over the years making her a little wise and she pretends to be more naive then she is as a defense-mechanism. Regardless, Nacre remains constantly vigilant for a cure for her curse and has heard talk that a solution is somewhere out at sea.
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
(OOC:
@Hisscale
Pending.
It seems kind of odd that a hatchling, permanent or not, can have no concept of adulthood, but also be wise, combat-ready, and only pretend to be naive. Unless I am misunderstanding your summary, she just seems a little too good. I suggest either making her more like a true hatchling, or make it clearer that she is an adult-aged dragon in the body of a hatchling- maybe specifying that her small form would be limited in combat, even if she has a fearless attitude.)
(OOC:
@Hisscale
Pending.
It seems kind of odd that a hatchling, permanent or not, can have no concept of adulthood, but also be wise, combat-ready, and only pretend to be naive. Unless I am misunderstanding your summary, she just seems a little too good. I suggest either making her more like a true hatchling, or make it clearer that she is an adult-aged dragon in the body of a hatchling- maybe specifying that her small form would be limited in combat, even if she has a fearless attitude.)
Cirina stood still, waiting for the irritating male to stop talking, while she glowered down at him. His comments earned a sneer and an annoyed flicking of her tail, but once he rolled away from her, she only turned around and decided to ignore him.
She spotted Zahi, then, in his lurking, and stepped closer again to speak with him- this time in a lower, calmer voice. "...Stop scratching. Help me up there, we need to keep moving." She nodded toward the helm again, then began making her way back to it. She called out, her voice almost shrieking, when she reached the wheel. "Petunia! Need you here, little lizard."
Then she waited, squinting at the deck below.
Cirina stood still, waiting for the irritating male to stop talking, while she glowered down at him. His comments earned a sneer and an annoyed flicking of her tail, but once he rolled away from her, she only turned around and decided to ignore him.
She spotted Zahi, then, in his lurking, and stepped closer again to speak with him- this time in a lower, calmer voice. "...Stop scratching. Help me up there, we need to keep moving." She nodded toward the helm again, then began making her way back to it. She called out, her voice almost shrieking, when she reached the wheel. "Petunia! Need you here, little lizard."
Then she waited, squinting at the deck below.
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/222984/22298382.png[/img][/center] Zahi keeps his head low when Cirina approaches again. He's a very quiet little creature and there seemed to be hints of fear as the little Mirror figuratively shrinks in size every time she comes near him. He'd glance back to the prisoners for a moment after being ordered by Cirina, before going to skitter on all four limbs up to the helm and at his mother's side. He blinks up to her - not that his eyes could be seen under the skull mask - as he seems unsure what exactly to do.
22298382.png
Zahi keeps his head low when Cirina approaches again. He's a very quiet little creature and there seemed to be hints of fear as the little Mirror figuratively shrinks in size every time she comes near him. He'd glance back to the prisoners for a moment after being ordered by Cirina, before going to skitter on all four limbs up to the helm and at his mother's side. He blinks up to her - not that his eyes could be seen under the skull mask - as he seems unsure what exactly to do.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37473736][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/374738/37473736.png[/img][/url][/center] [left][indent] The fae began to answer the younger dragon's question, [b]"Sea water is not for drinking despite the fact that it water due to it containing - " [/b] Then the captain called for her. Petunia turned around and nodded at the command, [b]"Salt. I do not know why they took any of you. Please. Excuse me."[/b] She muttered before she started her run to the helm. If the later fact was true or not would have to remain as a mystery for now. It took her a little while longer than Zahi to reach the wheel, size having her at a disadvantage for the challenge of sprinting across the deck. Regardless, a salute was offered. [b]"Here, captain."[/b] [/indent][/left]
37473736.png
The fae began to answer the younger dragon's question, "Sea water is not for drinking despite the fact that it water due to it containing - " Then the captain called for her. Petunia turned around and nodded at the command, "Salt. I do not know why they took any of you. Please. Excuse me." She muttered before she started her run to the helm. If the later fact was true or not would have to remain as a mystery for now. It took her a little while longer than Zahi to reach the wheel, size having her at a disadvantage for the challenge of sprinting across the deck. Regardless, a salute was offered. "Here, captain."
Z-Typhoon-100px.png 5-100.pngOuCLRie.pngOFfZHqy.png DBaZusI.png DE0CDEFE-3359-4983-8E77-777E73E1EC26.png
UzGmb10.png
dXQxiNg.png
(OOC:
@Eruvyreth

Hello, I had a look over and you're right, the wording was weird. Basically Nacre is an old perma hatchling with a lot of life experience but can't relate to adult experiences--so folks either constantly overestimate or underestimate Nacre's ability to succeed in situations.
(OOC:
@Eruvyreth

Hello, I had a look over and you're right, the wording was weird. Basically Nacre is an old perma hatchling with a lot of life experience but can't relate to adult experiences--so folks either constantly overestimate or underestimate Nacre's ability to succeed in situations.
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
(OOC:
@Hisscale
Ah! I see you edited it, looks good now. Sorry for the mixup! I'll add you to the cast list and you can jump in whenever you would like!)
(OOC:
@Hisscale
Ah! I see you edited it, looks good now. Sorry for the mixup! I'll add you to the cast list and you can jump in whenever you would like!)
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=213204][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/2133/213204.png[/img][/url][/center] When her meager crew was assembled, she looked to each of them. First a nod at Petunia, then she looked to Zahi and addressed him. [color=#931364][b]"Need you to learn more. Watch the sails. Turn them so the wind catches... A bit like your wings do, okay?"[/b][/color] She points toward the sets of pulleys and ropes controlling the single mast sails, then returns her focus to Petunia, lowering her voice. [color=#931364][b]"I didn't think we'd get this many on... We need more supplies for everyone. Find us a safe place to restock."[/b][/color] She paused, thinking, then added, [color=#931364][b]"and you can free the Skydancer and the little Nocturne. Not their wings. Let them walk."[/b][/color]
213204.png
When her meager crew was assembled, she looked to each of them. First a nod at Petunia, then she looked to Zahi and addressed him. "Need you to learn more. Watch the sails. Turn them so the wind catches... A bit like your wings do, okay?" She points toward the sets of pulleys and ropes controlling the single mast sails, then returns her focus to Petunia, lowering her voice.
"I didn't think we'd get this many on... We need more supplies for everyone. Find us a safe place to restock." She paused, thinking, then added, "and you can free the Skydancer and the little Nocturne. Not their wings. Let them walk."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12