Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Discovery (private)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 5810 5811
Sean thought about that for a moment. "Then what are you?" he asked as he settled himself back onto the branch he intended to sleep on. He was a bit worried about tying himself to it now that he knew his present company was not just crazy.
Sean thought about that for a moment. "Then what are you?" he asked as he settled himself back onto the branch he intended to sleep on. He was a bit worried about tying himself to it now that he knew his present company was not just crazy.
"I'm Oliver?" he replied, pretending not to understand the question. He didn't look at Sean; that made it easier to hide that he was lying. Well, technically he wasn't since he really was Oliver, but he was hiding the truth for sure.
"I'm Oliver?" he replied, pretending not to understand the question. He didn't look at Sean; that made it easier to hide that he was lying. Well, technically he wasn't since he really was Oliver, but he was hiding the truth for sure.
Sean shook his head and climbed over to sit next to him. "Oliver is a who. I asked for what. What are you?" Sean repeated.
Sean shook his head and climbed over to sit next to him. "Oliver is a who. I asked for what. What are you?" Sean repeated.
"Normal." Oliver stared at him with piercing blue eyes, curious to see how he'd figured it out. "I live in the forest, take a guess."
"Normal." Oliver stared at him with piercing blue eyes, curious to see how he'd figured it out. "I live in the forest, take a guess."
Sean thought for several minutes. What lives in a forest, looks human, and can make tea without fire? Well, he certainly wasn't a dragon, but what else could have heated the tea? "Um.... An elf....?" Sean asked, still uncertain. Elves in the stories did guard trees didn't they? Something like that.
Sean thought for several minutes. What lives in a forest, looks human, and can make tea without fire? Well, he certainly wasn't a dragon, but what else could have heated the tea? "Um.... An elf....?" Sean asked, still uncertain. Elves in the stories did guard trees didn't they? Something like that.
Oliver sniggered under his breath. "Oh, yes, with my lovely human ears I'm an elf." He decided Sean wasn't worth his time, curling up to sleep. He won't figure it out. They always think you'd have wings. And it's all just stuff of fairytales for them. "Don't think about it. You drank your tea?"
Oliver sniggered under his breath. "Oh, yes, with my lovely human ears I'm an elf." He decided Sean wasn't worth his time, curling up to sleep. He won't figure it out. They always think you'd have wings. And it's all just stuff of fairytales for them. "Don't think about it. You drank your tea?"
"Yes." Sean nodded nervously. "It wasn't poison, was it? It's not nice to poison people just because they annoy you." Sean really hoped Oliver hadn't poisoned him, he really didn't know how to deal with anything like that.
"Yes." Sean nodded nervously. "It wasn't poison, was it? It's not nice to poison people just because they annoy you." Sean really hoped Oliver hadn't poisoned him, he really didn't know how to deal with anything like that.
"It depends. Are you allergic to chamomile?" Oliver asked dryly, almost wishing it was true. He shifted slightly before practically throwing himself off the branch and grabbing ahold of the one below, curling up there instead.
"It depends. Are you allergic to chamomile?" Oliver asked dryly, almost wishing it was true. He shifted slightly before practically throwing himself off the branch and grabbing ahold of the one below, curling up there instead.
"No." Sean relaxed and climbed back to his sleeping position. The ease with which the other man moved branches hinted further to Sean that he wasn't human, but he still didn't know what his companion was. He tied himself securely to his branch and hummed himself a lullaby as he drifted off to sleep.
"No." Sean relaxed and climbed back to his sleeping position. The ease with which the other man moved branches hinted further to Sean that he wasn't human, but he still didn't know what his companion was. He tied himself securely to his branch and hummed himself a lullaby as he drifted off to sleep.
Oliver found himself falling asleep despite his attempts to stay awake. His sleep was dreamless and light; he was extraordinarily still, which was helpful since he'd made no attempt to secure himself to the branch. When he awoke, groggily, he climbed down the branches and wandered eastwards towards home.
Oliver found himself falling asleep despite his attempts to stay awake. His sleep was dreamless and light; he was extraordinarily still, which was helpful since he'd made no attempt to secure himself to the branch. When he awoke, groggily, he climbed down the branches and wandered eastwards towards home.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 5810 5811