Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Discovery (private)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 5810 5811
Sean snapped out of it when Oliver yelled, and looked up at him. "Haven't you ever made tea before? You need fire to make it hot." he explained, though he was honestly relieved the other man had stopped him. He wasn't sure what would happen if he had succeeded. "May I have my cup back?"
Sean snapped out of it when Oliver yelled, and looked up at him. "Haven't you ever made tea before? You need fire to make it hot." he explained, though he was honestly relieved the other man had stopped him. He wasn't sure what would happen if he had succeeded. "May I have my cup back?"
Oliver shook his head at the question, calm now that there was no pyramid. "There will be no fires," he explained, "And if you need fire to make tea then there'll be no tea." Fear seeped into his tone despite his attempts to hide it. Oliver held the cup behind his back, deciding that he could make the tea the way Sean seemed to want it with more time. "You can have it in a minute," he replied unhelpfully.
Oliver shook his head at the question, calm now that there was no pyramid. "There will be no fires," he explained, "And if you need fire to make tea then there'll be no tea." Fear seeped into his tone despite his attempts to hide it. Oliver held the cup behind his back, deciding that he could make the tea the way Sean seemed to want it with more time. "You can have it in a minute," he replied unhelpfully.
Sean sat on the ground and pouted. Maybe Oliver was scared too? "Look, I know fire is scary. Like, really, really scary. And it can be dangerous. But.... But sometimes you need it, like to cook meat, or make tea, or, um, to stay warm?"
Sean sat on the ground and pouted. Maybe Oliver was scared too? "Look, I know fire is scary. Like, really, really scary. And it can be dangerous. But.... But sometimes you need it, like to cook meat, or make tea, or, um, to stay warm?"
"Fire isn't scary? The things that are attracted to it..." Oliver trailed off. He stepped away from Sean and the remains of the pyramid. "If you're cold then you shouldn't be here anyway. Go home so that I can."
"Fire isn't scary? The things that are attracted to it..." Oliver trailed off. He stepped away from Sean and the remains of the pyramid. "If you're cold then you shouldn't be here anyway. Go home so that I can."
Sean blinked at him. If he wasn't afraid of fire.... Did Oliver really think such a small fire could attract anything? Either way, the man seemed distressed about it, so Sean decided not to press the issue. "If you want to go home, you can. I won't hurt your trees."
Sean blinked at him. If he wasn't afraid of fire.... Did Oliver really think such a small fire could attract anything? Either way, the man seemed distressed about it, so Sean decided not to press the issue. "If you want to go home, you can. I won't hurt your trees."
Oliver frowned. If he went home, Sean could find home. Of course, not doing so would cause suspicion. "This is home," he lied. "But it's normally a lot... quieter than it is right now."
Oliver frowned. If he went home, Sean could find home. Of course, not doing so would cause suspicion. "This is home," he lied. "But it's normally a lot... quieter than it is right now."
"Well, it will be a lot quieter if you give me back my tea so I can go to sleep." Sean offered. "And in the morning I can be very quiet if you'd like on my way out. I won't even wake you up, I promise."
"Well, it will be a lot quieter if you give me back my tea so I can go to sleep." Sean offered. "And in the morning I can be very quiet if you'd like on my way out. I won't even wake you up, I promise."
Oliver had almost forgot that he'd been holding Sean's tea, which told him one thing: it was actually tea now. Steaming slightly, he offered it to the other. The other who was an inconvenience. "You're welcome," he stated before Sean could ask any questions, beginning to climb up the tree.
Oliver had almost forgot that he'd been holding Sean's tea, which told him one thing: it was actually tea now. Steaming slightly, he offered it to the other. The other who was an inconvenience. "You're welcome," he stated before Sean could ask any questions, beginning to climb up the tree.
Sean stared at the steaming cup. How did he do that? he wondered. It did not bode well with the human comment earlier. Sean was hesitant to drink it. It could be poison. But he decided that since the man had been being helpful, it probably wasn't poison, and if it was, well he'd deal with that later. He sipped his tea and climbed up when he finished. "So.... Are you a witch?"
Sean stared at the steaming cup. How did he do that? he wondered. It did not bode well with the human comment earlier. Sean was hesitant to drink it. It could be poison. But he decided that since the man had been being helpful, it probably wasn't poison, and if it was, well he'd deal with that later. He sipped his tea and climbed up when he finished. "So.... Are you a witch?"
Oliver laughed, resting back on the tree trunk. "If I was witch I'd just... zap you away," he sighed, closing his eyes for a moment before looking up at the stars. "And I'd probably be making a lot of money from selling love potions or something equally boring."
Oliver laughed, resting back on the tree trunk. "If I was witch I'd just... zap you away," he sighed, closing his eyes for a moment before looking up at the stars. "And I'd probably be making a lot of money from selling love potions or something equally boring."
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 5810 5811