Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Discovery (private)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 5810 5811
Sean looked at him puzzled. "Lord Breech owns this forest, and given that I just robbed him, and he looked nothing like you, you do not own the forest." He sighed. It didn't really matter if this man, Oliver, thought he owned the forest. Maybe he lived here, and that's what he meant. "Well, I don't need to go any further East, this tree here looks like a perfectly comfortable tree to spend the night in."
Sean looked at him puzzled. "Lord Breech owns this forest, and given that I just robbed him, and he looked nothing like you, you do not own the forest." He sighed. It didn't really matter if this man, Oliver, thought he owned the forest. Maybe he lived here, and that's what he meant. "Well, I don't need to go any further East, this tree here looks like a perfectly comfortable tree to spend the night in."
"Lord who?" Oliver was just confused right now. There were no 'lords' that he knew of. This was just human delirium. For some reason, humans always talked about their lords, so they must've been important. "This forest is owned by Darius, and I'm his son, so thus, my forest. And my father isn't some Lord." My father isn't some human. Still, Oliver relaxed some as Sean began to settle down.
"Lord who?" Oliver was just confused right now. There were no 'lords' that he knew of. This was just human delirium. For some reason, humans always talked about their lords, so they must've been important. "This forest is owned by Darius, and I'm his son, so thus, my forest. And my father isn't some Lord." My father isn't some human. Still, Oliver relaxed some as Sean began to settle down.
Sean climbed up the tree and picked a branch to sleep on, and began tying himself to it so as not to fall. "Your... Your father? Listen, mate, I know living in forests is nice and all, but you really need to go out and interact with other people. Just, uh, don't rob the nobles." Sean was fairly certain Oliver and his forest dwelling father were mad, but perhaps Oliver just didn't know he lived on a lord's land.
Sean climbed up the tree and picked a branch to sleep on, and began tying himself to it so as not to fall. "Your... Your father? Listen, mate, I know living in forests is nice and all, but you really need to go out and interact with other people. Just, uh, don't rob the nobles." Sean was fairly certain Oliver and his forest dwelling father were mad, but perhaps Oliver just didn't know he lived on a lord's land.
"Yes, my father. Why does that confuse you people so much? Every time someone comes trailing through... Do people not have fathers in this so called 'real world'? Hm?" Oliver paused, disliking the fact that Sean seemed to think he was crazy. "People like you? I'll stay here, thanks." Oliver scrunched up his face disapprovingly. "I think you mean don't rob the nobles and get caught." He was still hanging from the branch with one hand, his eyes following Sean as he moved around. Pulling himself up as to follow him, Oliver decided he was always going to be one branch ahead of this guy.
"Yes, my father. Why does that confuse you people so much? Every time someone comes trailing through... Do people not have fathers in this so called 'real world'? Hm?" Oliver paused, disliking the fact that Sean seemed to think he was crazy. "People like you? I'll stay here, thanks." Oliver scrunched up his face disapprovingly. "I think you mean don't rob the nobles and get caught." He was still hanging from the branch with one hand, his eyes following Sean as he moved around. Pulling himself up as to follow him, Oliver decided he was always going to be one branch ahead of this guy.
Sean though about it for a moment. "Well, I think most people have fathers, yes. I mean, I don't, but everyone I've met seems to have one." Sean chuckled at the last correction. "Well, I suppose that's true. But it's not always easy, they have guards and stuff, you know."

Sean settled in, safely tied to his chosen branch. It had been years since he'd had to sleep this way, he had forgotten just how uncomfortable trees were to lay in. Still, better than getting caught by the guards.
Sean though about it for a moment. "Well, I think most people have fathers, yes. I mean, I don't, but everyone I've met seems to have one." Sean chuckled at the last correction. "Well, I suppose that's true. But it's not always easy, they have guards and stuff, you know."

Sean settled in, safely tied to his chosen branch. It had been years since he'd had to sleep this way, he had forgotten just how uncomfortable trees were to lay in. Still, better than getting caught by the guards.
"But you have a mother, right?" Oliver said, immediately concerned. He didn't want this human to be completely alone. Even if he was far too close to home for comfort. "I know they have guards. You almost brought them here. Do you know what would happen if they were here?" It wasn't an eviction he was fearing. Oliver sat down on the opposite branch to Sean, watching him carefully.
"But you have a mother, right?" Oliver said, immediately concerned. He didn't want this human to be completely alone. Even if he was far too close to home for comfort. "I know they have guards. You almost brought them here. Do you know what would happen if they were here?" It wasn't an eviction he was fearing. Oliver sat down on the opposite branch to Sean, watching him carefully.
Sean was quiet a moment well he thought how best to answer. He didn't want Oliver to pity him. "Well, no, but I'm an adult, I don't need a mother. I had one when I was a child, of course, everyone does." Sean smiled at the other, though the topic was not exactly comfortable for him. He was relived to talk about the guards instead. "Well, they would catch me, if they were here, and arrest me. Probably you, too. I mean, you didn't rob a noble, as far as I know, but you do look suspicious hanging out in Lord Breeches forest. They might think you're a poacher."
Sean was quiet a moment well he thought how best to answer. He didn't want Oliver to pity him. "Well, no, but I'm an adult, I don't need a mother. I had one when I was a child, of course, everyone does." Sean smiled at the other, though the topic was not exactly comfortable for him. He was relived to talk about the guards instead. "Well, they would catch me, if they were here, and arrest me. Probably you, too. I mean, you didn't rob a noble, as far as I know, but you do look suspicious hanging out in Lord Breeches forest. They might think you're a poacher."
"I'm an adult," Oliver stated, still concerned. How was Sean supposed to guard his home and hunt and cook all at the same time? Maybe he didn't have to do all those things. He didn't smile back, thinking quite a lot about what he was told. "But I'm not suspicious... But I am a poacher. I mean, if this is Lord whatever his name is' forest, then I'm poaching. And trespassing." His tone was very mocking; he still didn't believe that the forest was anyone's other than her own.
"I'm an adult," Oliver stated, still concerned. How was Sean supposed to guard his home and hunt and cook all at the same time? Maybe he didn't have to do all those things. He didn't smile back, thinking quite a lot about what he was told. "But I'm not suspicious... But I am a poacher. I mean, if this is Lord whatever his name is' forest, then I'm poaching. And trespassing." His tone was very mocking; he still didn't believe that the forest was anyone's other than her own.
Sean didn't much like being mocked just because this crazy man didn't believe in nobility. "Well, then, you are a poacher and a trespasser. Congratulations." Sean replied in a deadpan tone. "I don't know why you're having so much trouble understanding this. The king grants land to his lords, and the one who owns this land is Lord Micheal Breech. You and your father might live in this forest, but you don't own it."
Sean didn't much like being mocked just because this crazy man didn't believe in nobility. "Well, then, you are a poacher and a trespasser. Congratulations." Sean replied in a deadpan tone. "I don't know why you're having so much trouble understanding this. The king grants land to his lords, and the one who owns this land is Lord Micheal Breech. You and your father might live in this forest, but you don't own it."
"And a thief," Oliver added cheerfully, not noticing how Sean was annoyed. "Ooh, how many crimes have you committed?" He listened carefully, narrowing his eyes. "It's very easy to understand. You're just wrong." He moved around a bit, trying to get comfortable himself. "My father said this is ours. Not a lord's, or a king's, or anyone else's."
"And a thief," Oliver added cheerfully, not noticing how Sean was annoyed. "Ooh, how many crimes have you committed?" He listened carefully, narrowing his eyes. "It's very easy to understand. You're just wrong." He moved around a bit, trying to get comfortable himself. "My father said this is ours. Not a lord's, or a king's, or anyone else's."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 5810 5811