Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lure [Private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[font=timesnewroman] @Comic1Sans { I'm subbed! } [b]"The red ones are better. Crunchier."[/b] [b]"No, they're just watery."[/b] [b]"They have a sweetness to them."[/b] [b]"That doesn't matter when it's drowned out by water. It's like eating a small head of lettuce."[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27362374] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/273624/27362374_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]"I [i]like[/i] lettuce."[/b] the Tundra ended off stubbornly, tail sweeping as he walked. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27813009] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/278131/27813009_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]"There's still no taste at all, and they tend to be limp sometimes."[/b] the Skydancer pointed out with a sigh, kicking aside a beheaded mushroom that was giving off an eerie glow. The stark trees of the Woods stood tall and branchless in the day, though it always seemed like twilight. [b]"Well, you eat bugs, so I can't take you seriously."[/b] the Tundra scoffed, his thick coat rippling. The Skydancer rolled his eyes, yawning. [b]"Well, you eat heads of lettuce, which is pretty hard to do unless you hate enjoyment, so I say we're about even, yeah?"[/b]

@Comic1Sans { I'm subbed! }

"The red ones are better. Crunchier."

"No, they're just watery."

"They have a sweetness to them."

"That doesn't matter when it's drowned out by water. It's like eating a small head of lettuce."

27362374_350.png

"I like lettuce." the Tundra ended off stubbornly, tail sweeping as he walked.

27813009_350.png

"There's still no taste at all, and they tend to be limp sometimes." the Skydancer pointed out with a sigh, kicking aside a beheaded mushroom that was giving off an eerie glow. The stark trees of the Woods stood tall and branchless in the day, though it always seemed like twilight.

"Well, you eat bugs, so I can't take you seriously." the Tundra scoffed, his thick coat rippling.

The Skydancer rolled his eyes, yawning. "Well, you eat heads of lettuce, which is pretty hard to do unless you hate enjoyment, so I say we're about even, yeah?"
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhIHd9PNx.gif
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
((As an I.)) ((I feel like that first set of dialogue is a reference...but I can't put my finger on it.)) He had been walking through the wood, simply for the sake of getting away from home, and the politics therein, for a little while. He had his pearl balanced on his back with his tail as he slowly picked his way through the brambles, enjoying the peace and quiet. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29807381] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/298074/29807381_350.png[/img] [/url] That is, until he heard voices. His ear twitched as he stopped and his ears swiveled as he tried to locate the source. He cautiously made his way towards the source of the voices. The last time he had heard voices in the middle of unclaimed land was quite an adventure, and not the good kind, so he would be more careful with this one. When he saw the pair of dragons, and heard them debating food, he stopped just outside their line of sight. [b]"I like lettuce."[/b] He said quietly to himself, not realising he had said it aloud.
((As an I.))

((I feel like that first set of dialogue is a reference...but I can't put my finger on it.))

He had been walking through the wood, simply for the sake of getting away from home, and the politics therein, for a little while. He had his pearl balanced on his back with his tail as he slowly picked his way through the brambles, enjoying the peace and quiet.

29807381_350.png

That is, until he heard voices. His ear twitched as he stopped and his ears swiveled as he tried to locate the source. He cautiously made his way towards the source of the voices. The last time he had heard voices in the middle of unclaimed land was quite an adventure, and not the good kind, so he would be more careful with this one.

When he saw the pair of dragons, and heard them debating food, he stopped just outside their line of sight. "I like lettuce." He said quietly to himself, not realising he had said it aloud.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time

{nope. just the production of my own talented & original mind }

"So I guess you're a fun-killer then, too?" the Tundra stated exasperatedly, thinking that it was his companion who had said that.

"What are you talking about?" the skydancer asked impatiently, actually pausing to turn around.

"Well, you just said you like lettuce, and I was under the impression this entire time that you were whole-heartedly-"

"I said no such thing," the skydancer defended immediately.

"Well, something did." the Tundra pointed out casually.

Any trace of joking slowly melted off of the skydancer's face, and he spun back around to inspect the brambles in front of him, before turning backwards to look behind them. His eyes scanned the foliage intensely, pupils glinting dangerously. "Something did?"

The tundra just stood there and watched his partners motions, seeming mildly amused.

{nope. just the production of my own talented & original mind }

"So I guess you're a fun-killer then, too?" the Tundra stated exasperatedly, thinking that it was his companion who had said that.

"What are you talking about?" the skydancer asked impatiently, actually pausing to turn around.

"Well, you just said you like lettuce, and I was under the impression this entire time that you were whole-heartedly-"

"I said no such thing," the skydancer defended immediately.

"Well, something did." the Tundra pointed out casually.

Any trace of joking slowly melted off of the skydancer's face, and he spun back around to inspect the brambles in front of him, before turning backwards to look behind them. His eyes scanned the foliage intensely, pupils glinting dangerously. "Something did?"

The tundra just stood there and watched his partners motions, seeming mildly amused.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
When he heard the skydancer's words, he sighed, silently cursing his lack of self cpntrol as he stepped into view. He was careful to look as non-threatning as possible so the skydancer didn't pounce on him as he so.

"Sorry for intruding." he said, "sometimes i can't stop myself from stating my thoughts one certain things."
When he heard the skydancer's words, he sighed, silently cursing his lack of self cpntrol as he stepped into view. He was careful to look as non-threatning as possible so the skydancer didn't pounce on him as he so.

"Sorry for intruding." he said, "sometimes i can't stop myself from stating my thoughts one certain things."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time

The skydancer only relaxed somewhat when the dragon appeared, his eyes hooding uneasily. The tundra continued to show only a soft, curious smile that seemed almost oblivious.

The skydancer cleared his throat and regained himself. "It's...fine. Do you...ah, live here? We've been trying to avoid others for the most part." he explained quickly. It was hard to tell, but it almost looked like the Tundra rolled his eyes.

The skydancer only relaxed somewhat when the dragon appeared, his eyes hooding uneasily. The tundra continued to show only a soft, curious smile that seemed almost oblivious.

The skydancer cleared his throat and regained himself. "It's...fine. Do you...ah, live here? We've been trying to avoid others for the most part." he explained quickly. It was hard to tell, but it almost looked like the Tundra rolled his eyes.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
"No. I do not." he said, trying to hide a smirk at the tundra's ease compared to their companion, who looked tense. "I am from a clan that is stationed south of here, in the deserts of the Expanse. However, if my math is right, my mother's old home is somewhat close. So, in a way, you could say I am from here."
"No. I do not." he said, trying to hide a smirk at the tundra's ease compared to their companion, who looked tense. "I am from a clan that is stationed south of here, in the deserts of the Expanse. However, if my math is right, my mother's old home is somewhat close. So, in a way, you could say I am from here."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time

"Your mother..." the skydancer considered, as if he were slightly confused. Was that normal, to visit parents? Maybe this dragon was just younger than he thought. Shaking his head, he simply straightened his back and comically cleared his throat again. "Well, that's great and all, but I'm afraid we really should be going. Yes, Pictus?" the skydancer asked. But the Tundra didn't respond, only continuing to look at the pearlcatcher casually with slight curiosity before turning back to face his companion.

"Your mother..." the skydancer considered, as if he were slightly confused. Was that normal, to visit parents? Maybe this dragon was just younger than he thought. Shaking his head, he simply straightened his back and comically cleared his throat again. "Well, that's great and all, but I'm afraid we really should be going. Yes, Pictus?" the skydancer asked. But the Tundra didn't respond, only continuing to look at the pearlcatcher casually with slight curiosity before turning back to face his companion.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
He gave the skydancer a confused look. They seemed to be in a great hurry to leave. "Where are you headed?" he asked, part out of genuine curiosity and part out of an attempt to figure out why the skydancer would be in such a hurry.
He gave the skydancer a confused look. They seemed to be in a great hurry to leave. "Where are you headed?" he asked, part out of genuine curiosity and part out of an attempt to figure out why the skydancer would be in such a hurry.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time

The Skydancer looked frustrated, and glanced at the Tundra, who offered no help. The Skydancer tried to shrug as if it wasn't anything. "We're headed out. This isn't the best place to linger, as you could imagine." The Skydancer explained, turning to look at he Tundra. Suddenly, he seemed to have noticed something, because his eyes widened a bit and he cleared his throat. Getting the message, the Tundra very quickly straightened up and hurriedly wiped at his mouth and eyes with the back of his paw. It was hard to tell against his fur, but it may have come back a bit blacker than when it went up.

"Yep," the Tundra agreed choppily with a crooked grin.

The Skydancer looked frustrated, and glanced at the Tundra, who offered no help. The Skydancer tried to shrug as if it wasn't anything. "We're headed out. This isn't the best place to linger, as you could imagine." The Skydancer explained, turning to look at he Tundra. Suddenly, he seemed to have noticed something, because his eyes widened a bit and he cleared his throat. Getting the message, the Tundra very quickly straightened up and hurriedly wiped at his mouth and eyes with the back of his paw. It was hard to tell against his fur, but it may have come back a bit blacker than when it went up.

"Yep," the Tundra agreed choppily with a crooked grin.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
Had he not been watching the skydancer's expression, he wouldn't have noticed the surprised, almost fearful, look they gave the tundra. He spared a quick glance at the tundra, taking note of the black...something that almost blended into the black pattern of their fur. He wouldn't have paid it any mind, if he didn't know what it was. It was a side effect of the shade.

That would be why the skydancer was in such a hurry, but he couldn't let them know he had put the pieces together, so he did his best to keep a neutral expression himself.

"I do indeed." he said, keeping his tone as friendly as possible. "Mind if I tag along? It's been somewhat boring traveling with only myself to keep me company."
Had he not been watching the skydancer's expression, he wouldn't have noticed the surprised, almost fearful, look they gave the tundra. He spared a quick glance at the tundra, taking note of the black...something that almost blended into the black pattern of their fur. He wouldn't have paid it any mind, if he didn't know what it was. It was a side effect of the shade.

That would be why the skydancer was in such a hurry, but he couldn't let them know he had put the pieces together, so he did his best to keep a neutral expression himself.

"I do indeed." he said, keeping his tone as friendly as possible. "Mind if I tag along? It's been somewhat boring traveling with only myself to keep me company."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9