Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lure [Private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Pictus's expression only deepened, a growl rising in his throat as he looked at the male Pearlcatcher, but not before taking a few steps back away from the appeared coatl. However, he quickly directed his gaze to the other Pearlcatcher, muscles tensed.

"Pictus, n-" Aetus began, but was quickly muffled as the Pearlcatcher shifted her weight to his throat. Oh Keeper, was this all a setup? Son of a shadeslayer? He couldn't even motion for Pictus to run, fireworks going off behind his eyes.

That action was all it took, because with a guttural growl Pictus launched himself at the Catcher, claws outstretched. However, the Catcher had been completely prepared, and with a substantial amount of force whacked the Tundra out of the air with a wide swing of the fist.

Pictus was thrown to the side a bit by the blow, crumpling at contact to the ground near the coatl. The Pearlcatcher threw a look at him expectantly.

Pictus's expression only deepened, a growl rising in his throat as he looked at the male Pearlcatcher, but not before taking a few steps back away from the appeared coatl. However, he quickly directed his gaze to the other Pearlcatcher, muscles tensed.

"Pictus, n-" Aetus began, but was quickly muffled as the Pearlcatcher shifted her weight to his throat. Oh Keeper, was this all a setup? Son of a shadeslayer? He couldn't even motion for Pictus to run, fireworks going off behind his eyes.

That action was all it took, because with a guttural growl Pictus launched himself at the Catcher, claws outstretched. However, the Catcher had been completely prepared, and with a substantial amount of force whacked the Tundra out of the air with a wide swing of the fist.

Pictus was thrown to the side a bit by the blow, crumpling at contact to the ground near the coatl. The Pearlcatcher threw a look at him expectantly.
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhIHd9PNx.gif
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
"My, My." the coatl said, walking over to stand above Pictus. "Quite the feisty one, aren't you?" He pinned the tundra down by the neck. "Why do you hide yourself, i wonder. No matter. You shall reveal your true self soon enough. As for you, Darkrune,"

The coatl looked over at Sam, who was crouching, teeth barred and ready for a fight. "To answer your question, since you asked so nicely, we were actually after this one." he said, poking the tundra with his tail. "But you will make an excellent nominee for the resurgence."
"My, My." the coatl said, walking over to stand above Pictus. "Quite the feisty one, aren't you?" He pinned the tundra down by the neck. "Why do you hide yourself, i wonder. No matter. You shall reveal your true self soon enough. As for you, Darkrune,"

The coatl looked over at Sam, who was crouching, teeth barred and ready for a fight. "To answer your question, since you asked so nicely, we were actually after this one." he said, poking the tundra with his tail. "But you will make an excellent nominee for the resurgence."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time

Piavon snarled, but he was winded for a moment by the fall. There was a sort of feral glint starting to take over his eyes, and something vaguely tinted glistened at his tear line. It was subtle, but there was the smallest shift in the dirt just to his right. The Tundra attempted to make a quick kick with his hind leg to the bigger dragon.

Aetus squinted his eyes shut, trying to think. When he heard Pictus growl, his eyes snapped open and he tried to strained them to see him. The Skydancer could already tell where this going, and knew it wouldn't be good. These dragons probably had all sorts of magic they could retaliate with.

The Pearlcatcher inspected the other with a new sense of curiousity, her expression vaguely amused. "Oh, the lad seems so uptight about it. Loosen up a bit," the female purred, tail swaying. She was interested what the dragon had been doing here in the first place.

Piavon snarled, but he was winded for a moment by the fall. There was a sort of feral glint starting to take over his eyes, and something vaguely tinted glistened at his tear line. It was subtle, but there was the smallest shift in the dirt just to his right. The Tundra attempted to make a quick kick with his hind leg to the bigger dragon.

Aetus squinted his eyes shut, trying to think. When he heard Pictus growl, his eyes snapped open and he tried to strained them to see him. The Skydancer could already tell where this going, and knew it wouldn't be good. These dragons probably had all sorts of magic they could retaliate with.

The Pearlcatcher inspected the other with a new sense of curiousity, her expression vaguely amused. "Oh, the lad seems so uptight about it. Loosen up a bit," the female purred, tail swaying. She was interested what the dragon had been doing here in the first place.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
"Oh!" the coatl said, unfazed by the tundra's attempts at bucking him off, brushing the kick off only to lean more into the tundra. "That's a great idea. How about our little hero, takes a little nap"

The coatl met sam's gaze, and they stood there for a moment, locked in a mental battle. Then, Sam suddenly relaxed, his body betraying him as he went slack. Out like a light before he even hit the ground. "That should keep him for the time being." the coatl said with a smirk before turning back the female. "Be a dear, kill that one. We have what we came for."
"Oh!" the coatl said, unfazed by the tundra's attempts at bucking him off, brushing the kick off only to lean more into the tundra. "That's a great idea. How about our little hero, takes a little nap"

The coatl met sam's gaze, and they stood there for a moment, locked in a mental battle. Then, Sam suddenly relaxed, his body betraying him as he went slack. Out like a light before he even hit the ground. "That should keep him for the time being." the coatl said with a smirk before turning back the female. "Be a dear, kill that one. We have what we came for."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time

Aetus watched the other dragon fall out of the corner of his eye. Magic. That was one thing he allowed himself to be afraid of. It was a dirty skill.

He was about to say something else before the coatl gave the command, in which he wrapped his fists around the Pearlcatcher's wrist. "Wait-" he gasped in panic.

But he didn't have time to finish, because Pictus had instantly let out a small roar. With a violent arch of his back, something happened to the ground around him. The dry dirt shifted, and with a surprising quickness, four rough, root-looking tendrils shot from the ground, shooting up at the coatl on top of him.

Something similar happened near Aetus, but a only a single tendril twined itself around her elbow. The Pearlcatcher snarled, shaking her arm with the other nearly choking Aetus. Thinking quickly, she said a few mumbled words, and suddenly the tip of the root shriveled, allowing her to shake it off for the meanwhile.

Aetus watched the other dragon fall out of the corner of his eye. Magic. That was one thing he allowed himself to be afraid of. It was a dirty skill.

He was about to say something else before the coatl gave the command, in which he wrapped his fists around the Pearlcatcher's wrist. "Wait-" he gasped in panic.

But he didn't have time to finish, because Pictus had instantly let out a small roar. With a violent arch of his back, something happened to the ground around him. The dry dirt shifted, and with a surprising quickness, four rough, root-looking tendrils shot from the ground, shooting up at the coatl on top of him.

Something similar happened near Aetus, but a only a single tendril twined itself around her elbow. The Pearlcatcher snarled, shaking her arm with the other nearly choking Aetus. Thinking quickly, she said a few mumbled words, and suddenly the tip of the root shriveled, allowing her to shake it off for the meanwhile.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
"And the beast shows itself!" The coatl laughed as the tendreils disetegrated just before they made contact. "But alas, you are not the only one who commands the power of the devourer. You should take a little rest as well, pictus."

They glared into the tundra's eyes, imposing his own will upon them. Sleep, vassal. You will have your chance soon enough."
"And the beast shows itself!" The coatl laughed as the tendreils disetegrated just before they made contact. "But alas, you are not the only one who commands the power of the devourer. You should take a little rest as well, pictus."

They glared into the tundra's eyes, imposing his own will upon them. Sleep, vassal. You will have your chance soon enough."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time

A spark of hatred and fear lit up in Pictus's eyes as his retaliations returned to dust. His chest screamed at him to stay conscious, urgency at the thought of his partner's death. But his will wasn't nearly as strong, and his eyes drooped downward, muscles relaxing, though his jaw was still bared in a lazy snarl.

Aetus's eyes were wide as he saw Pictus faint. He almost missed the Pearlcatcher shake off the rest of the root and swoop in to crush his throat. The skydancer quickly brought his arm up, at least slowing her down. She grabbed onto his wrist, but didn't fling it away right then.

"Wait. Please, wait. Listen to me," he gasped, arms shaking as he clenched the arm of the one that was still poised just below his jaw. The Pearlcatcher looked to the coatl, seeming a bit hesitant, and looking for a verification in a way.

A spark of hatred and fear lit up in Pictus's eyes as his retaliations returned to dust. His chest screamed at him to stay conscious, urgency at the thought of his partner's death. But his will wasn't nearly as strong, and his eyes drooped downward, muscles relaxing, though his jaw was still bared in a lazy snarl.

Aetus's eyes were wide as he saw Pictus faint. He almost missed the Pearlcatcher shake off the rest of the root and swoop in to crush his throat. The skydancer quickly brought his arm up, at least slowing her down. She grabbed onto his wrist, but didn't fling it away right then.

"Wait. Please, wait. Listen to me," he gasped, arms shaking as he clenched the arm of the one that was still poised just below his jaw. The Pearlcatcher looked to the coatl, seeming a bit hesitant, and looking for a verification in a way.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
The coatl looked pictus over and, once he was satisfied his little trick had worked, he stepped off the tundra and walked over to where the female had Aetus pinned by the throat. "let him speak." he said, a wicked smile on his face. "I like it when they try to bargain"
The coatl looked pictus over and, once he was satisfied his little trick had worked, he stepped off the tundra and walked over to where the female had Aetus pinned by the throat. "let him speak." he said, a wicked smile on his face. "I like it when they try to bargain"
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time

Aetus's hand trembled as he still held it tightly around the Pearlcatchers wrist, the female seeming a bit curious. His eyes followed the coatl, looking desperate. He couldn't leave Pictus alone to whatever these dragons wanted of him. But he didn't know what their intention was, so it was hard to figure out an arguing point.

"I-I don't know want you want him for, but trust me. Trust me, if he knows I was killed, i-it'll all come crashing down on him at once. He won't be able to handle it, he won't be able to hold anything back. It might..." his voice was beginning to shake, his chest shuddering. "It might just kill him. And no doubt take out a few others around him." He tried not to show it, but he was pulling these statements out of thin air. He wasn't sure what would happen once Pictus reached a point of no return, but he didn't want the Tundra to experience it.

"Please. You need me. He needs me," Aetus ended off, inhaling when he felt the Pearlcatcher lean a bit of her weight into him.

Aetus's hand trembled as he still held it tightly around the Pearlcatchers wrist, the female seeming a bit curious. His eyes followed the coatl, looking desperate. He couldn't leave Pictus alone to whatever these dragons wanted of him. But he didn't know what their intention was, so it was hard to figure out an arguing point.

"I-I don't know want you want him for, but trust me. Trust me, if he knows I was killed, i-it'll all come crashing down on him at once. He won't be able to handle it, he won't be able to hold anything back. It might..." his voice was beginning to shake, his chest shuddering. "It might just kill him. And no doubt take out a few others around him." He tried not to show it, but he was pulling these statements out of thin air. He wasn't sure what would happen once Pictus reached a point of no return, but he didn't want the Tundra to experience it.

"Please. You need me. He needs me," Aetus ended off, inhaling when he felt the Pearlcatcher lean a bit of her weight into him.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
The coatl smirked. "You underestimate us." he said, a wicked smile on his face. "but, you make a good point. Would hate to lose a bargaining chip." He looked over at the pearlcatcher. "knock him out, then bind him. I will attend to the others."

((How big do you think the group would be?))
The coatl smirked. "You underestimate us." he said, a wicked smile on his face. "but, you make a good point. Would hate to lose a bargaining chip." He looked over at the pearlcatcher. "knock him out, then bind him. I will attend to the others."

((How big do you think the group would be?))
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9