Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Take My Hand - open/jump in
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 (time to split up replies) Hitch was dead. Hitch was dead. He was dead already, but his body hadn't caught up yet. There was no way out. Still, he kept his facade of cordiality and poise. Man, he should've been a thief. So much more money in that business. [quote]"Would it be rude to ask after your name? I'd simply like to know who it is I must be thanking for the help."[/quote] [b]"Not at all, sir. I am"[/b] oh, what was his cousin's name again [b]"Eiluin, at your service."[/b] It was really difficult, remembering how they talked back home. He supposed a few mannerisms could slip, since "Eiluin" supposedly lived here. As he spoke, he nearly ran smack into another man in the hallways. Goodness, what was with these late-night walks? Who was this guy? He was much taller than Hitch, probably over 6 foot. Okay, most people were taller than Hitch. He was really short for an elf. The man was also actually hot, unlike the winged man who was intimidating-terrifying-hot. [quote][b]"I apologize for someone not coming sooner. My name is Magnus Alexios Grizelda, I am the Prince. How may I be of service?"[/b][/quote] Oh no. Oh crap. This is a problem. Not only was it the prince, The Prince, it was the prince Magnus. Hitch just kind of freezes, brain stalled, completely unable to come up with something at this point. Hitch was dead. Hitch was dead. He was dead already, but his body hadn't caught up yet. There was no way out.
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 (time to split up replies)

Hitch was dead. Hitch was dead. He was dead already, but his body hadn't caught up yet. There was no way out.

Still, he kept his facade of cordiality and poise. Man, he should've been a thief. So much more money in that business.

Quote:
"Would it be rude to ask after your name? I'd simply like to know who it is I must be thanking for the help."

"Not at all, sir. I am" oh, what was his cousin's name again "Eiluin, at your service." It was really difficult, remembering how they talked back home. He supposed a few mannerisms could slip, since "Eiluin" supposedly lived here.

As he spoke, he nearly ran smack into another man in the hallways. Goodness, what was with these late-night walks?

Who was this guy? He was much taller than Hitch, probably over 6 foot. Okay, most people were taller than Hitch. He was really short for an elf. The man was also actually hot, unlike the winged man who was intimidating-terrifying-hot.

Quote:
"I apologize for someone not coming sooner. My name is Magnus Alexios Grizelda, I am the Prince. How may I be of service?"

Oh no. Oh crap. This is a problem. Not only was it the prince, The Prince, it was the prince Magnus. Hitch just kind of freezes, brain stalled, completely unable to come up with something at this point.

Hitch was dead. Hitch was dead. He was dead already, but his body hadn't caught up yet. There was no way out.
the name's Jes, nice to meet ya
+2 FR time
OAKT4Gi.png
HdmxfuE.png
eTU8p7x.png
ar6gtVv.png
giphy.gif
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @pensivejessie ((There's now a picture of Sylas up with his information. Enjoy. Also sorry these are short, working on other stuff.))

He sighed, glancing over his shoulder at the retreating forms of Realia and the guard. He sort of regretted that now, he didn't want to talk to a new worker. This had to be karma.

"It's really none of your business, but there was a thief, she went after them, I stepped in to help when she got hurt. I then told her she could get patched up here...and I still don't know her name." Finny spoke the last part more to himself than to Arieh. Already warm from the fire (or as warm as he could get) he undid his cloak and threw it over the back of a nearby chair, making a mental note to see the new holes later.

"So Arieh, if you don't mind me asking, why would a sidhe come to this city, out of all the rest?"

"Oh, well that's good. He gets into so much trouble that I feared he'd pulled ya in with 'im. Finny's got a good heart, he really does, he just enjoys bein' a lil trouble maker." She still suspected that her co-worker had something to do with the polite young lady's current state, but knowing the elf as well as she did there would be no point in asking about it.

She led the way up the stairs, the wood creaking and groaning in the way only an old house could. They only had to go up two flights of stairs to reach the attic room, and the room in which Realia lived in when she wasn't downstairs keeping the tavern from falling apart.

"Drada, huh? It's not every day my boy brings home a guard. I'm sorry that the thief escaped, though I'm sure they only stole to eat. That's usually the case around these parts, unfortunately." Realia opened the door to the attic room, holding it open for Drada.

"Finny's always looking for a way to help. Let's just be glad it was him that found ya, instead of someone a lot worse."

"Funny, you don't look like a Eiluin, though I suppose that has nothing to do with it..." Sylas could tell, to a degree, that this little elf was nervous. It was probably the very obvious fact that he wasn't human; he'd been told before that his appearance and height could be quite the sight to someone not used to his species.

Seeing the Prince - he only recognised the man from having already met the king and queen. The Prince resembled his father greatly, if not for the fact that he was only half human. Which didn't make him much better than a human, however it would be extremely rude to say anything to Magnus.

"Ah, hello young Prince, I am Sylas Giniean Hyde - I am an ambassador for a distant city, and I'm afraid that I am quite lost. I'm not used to human architecture at all, everything is built differently back home."
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @pensivejessie ((There's now a picture of Sylas up with his information. Enjoy. Also sorry these are short, working on other stuff.))

He sighed, glancing over his shoulder at the retreating forms of Realia and the guard. He sort of regretted that now, he didn't want to talk to a new worker. This had to be karma.

"It's really none of your business, but there was a thief, she went after them, I stepped in to help when she got hurt. I then told her she could get patched up here...and I still don't know her name." Finny spoke the last part more to himself than to Arieh. Already warm from the fire (or as warm as he could get) he undid his cloak and threw it over the back of a nearby chair, making a mental note to see the new holes later.

"So Arieh, if you don't mind me asking, why would a sidhe come to this city, out of all the rest?"

"Oh, well that's good. He gets into so much trouble that I feared he'd pulled ya in with 'im. Finny's got a good heart, he really does, he just enjoys bein' a lil trouble maker." She still suspected that her co-worker had something to do with the polite young lady's current state, but knowing the elf as well as she did there would be no point in asking about it.

She led the way up the stairs, the wood creaking and groaning in the way only an old house could. They only had to go up two flights of stairs to reach the attic room, and the room in which Realia lived in when she wasn't downstairs keeping the tavern from falling apart.

"Drada, huh? It's not every day my boy brings home a guard. I'm sorry that the thief escaped, though I'm sure they only stole to eat. That's usually the case around these parts, unfortunately." Realia opened the door to the attic room, holding it open for Drada.

"Finny's always looking for a way to help. Let's just be glad it was him that found ya, instead of someone a lot worse."

"Funny, you don't look like a Eiluin, though I suppose that has nothing to do with it..." Sylas could tell, to a degree, that this little elf was nervous. It was probably the very obvious fact that he wasn't human; he'd been told before that his appearance and height could be quite the sight to someone not used to his species.

Seeing the Prince - he only recognised the man from having already met the king and queen. The Prince resembled his father greatly, if not for the fact that he was only half human. Which didn't make him much better than a human, however it would be extremely rude to say anything to Magnus.

"Ah, hello young Prince, I am Sylas Giniean Hyde - I am an ambassador for a distant city, and I'm afraid that I am quite lost. I'm not used to human architecture at all, everything is built differently back home."
Help me pay rent and cat vet bills: Art & Lore Shop
frogs.png
@Crookedhalo1109 @pensivejessie @Twistedrae

Alex felt almost comforted when Sylas spoke, it was strange but.. Something made him feel almost safe, but also in danger. Like a sword, almost, he got the strangest feeling that Sylas was like a sword, something powerful, strong and easy to cut through enemies, but also a danger should you become an enemy, something that could turn quickly and swiftly without a second thought. Not to say the man looks whimsical, but... Like stone, he was who he was, very refreshing from the cretin that surrounded his father.

Alex cursed himself mentally, what was he doing? Alex bowed once more, "I have heard of you, but no descriptions came my way so I had no idea it was you." Alex stood up, "My father is currently in a meeting with his retainers. I can show you to the throne room-" there was a slight hesitation in his voice, almost unnoticeable, as he thought of his Step-mother chastising him for being up so late, and then prying to find out why he was. "My Ste- the Queen will greet you while waiting for the King. Again I do apologize for the trouble."

Alex then turned to the other man, "You still haven't spoken, are you a guard? With Mr Hyde here? You don't look like a palace guard, nor do I recognize you." Alex's voice chilled as he spoke to the short elf, his blue eyes narrowing as he grew more suspicious of the man.

Alex felt almost comforted when Sylas spoke, it was strange but.. Something made him feel almost safe, but also in danger. Like a sword, almost, he got the strangest feeling that Sylas was like a sword, something powerful, strong and easy to cut through enemies, but also a danger should you become an enemy, something that could turn quickly and swiftly without a second thought. Not to say the man looks whimsical, but... Like stone, he was who he was, very refreshing from the cretin that surrounded his father.

Alex cursed himself mentally, what was he doing? Alex bowed once more, "I have heard of you, but no descriptions came my way so I had no idea it was you." Alex stood up, "My father is currently in a meeting with his retainers. I can show you to the throne room-" there was a slight hesitation in his voice, almost unnoticeable, as he thought of his Step-mother chastising him for being up so late, and then prying to find out why he was. "My Ste- the Queen will greet you while waiting for the King. Again I do apologize for the trouble."

Alex then turned to the other man, "You still haven't spoken, are you a guard? With Mr Hyde here? You don't look like a palace guard, nor do I recognize you." Alex's voice chilled as he spoke to the short elf, his blue eyes narrowing as he grew more suspicious of the man.
RaffleSig_Full_Ver2.pngRaffleButtonSmall_GIF_2.gif
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 (i apologize for Hitch, i cannot rein this boy in, also the letter is from Elli's fiance) [quote]"Oh, well that's good. He gets into so much trouble that I feared he'd pulled ya in with 'im. Finny's got a good heart, he really does, he just enjoys bein' a lil trouble maker."[/quote] An awkward laugh forced out of Drada, a sort of nervous chuckle. Realia had it pinned, but it was too late to go back on her words now. This was very difficult for Drada, both a virtuous soul but bound to her promises. [quote]"Finny's always looking for a way to help. Let's just be glad it was him that found ya, instead of someone a lot worse."[/quote] [i]"That's true, and I'm certainly very grateful..."[/i] She walked just inside the room and, stopped. It all caught up with her and she couldn't seem to bring herself to move anymore. Drada nearly dropped to her knees right there, completely overwhelmed. She managed to stay standing, while the wheel of regret spun in her head. She'd worked so hard to get where she was, fought tooth and nail to finally get some respect. The force wasn't all too kind to those with magic in their ancestry. But she'd made it, and now of course she had to turn around and do something like this? 2 years on the force, thrown away. And she whispered, [i]"Oh, skies, what am I doing."[/i] [u]..................................................................................................[/u] Hitch stood there as neutrally and inconspicuously as he could, teeth clenched in apprehension. This was bad. He knew he was dead before, but now he was double ultra dead. [quote][b]"You still haven't spoken, are you a guard? With Mr Hyde here? You don't look like a palace guard, not do I recognize you."[/b][/quote] [b]"I wouldn't expect you to recognize the help, sir. No, I am not a guard, merely a servant."[/b] Nothing like a little shade to quell suspicions. His gray eyes met Alex's and, that was a mistake, because Hitch realized how pretty the Prince's eyes were. Luckily, Hitch never tended to blush much, but, wow. His throat had gone a bit dry, so his voice lilted a bit on the next syllable. [b]"I, I also found this, while cleaning, and I was going to deliver it, but, I wonder if perhaps you'd like to see it?"[/b] Rumors about the royal family travel quickly. Hitch knew the prince and the princess were close. Hitch took his delivery, a simple letter, from his bag. In curling script, it was addressed to Ellisandre, but there was no hint as to who it could be. Hitch knew who, but revealing that wouldn't help his cover. Okay, so this hadn't gone off without a hitch (haha), but now, if he could find an opening to leave, he was golden.
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 (i apologize for Hitch, i cannot rein this boy in, also the letter is from Elli's fiance)

Quote:
"Oh, well that's good. He gets into so much trouble that I feared he'd pulled ya in with 'im. Finny's got a good heart, he really does, he just enjoys bein' a lil trouble maker."

An awkward laugh forced out of Drada, a sort of nervous chuckle. Realia had it pinned, but it was too late to go back on her words now. This was very difficult for Drada, both a virtuous soul but bound to her promises.

Quote:

"That's true, and I'm certainly very grateful..." She walked just inside the room and, stopped. It all caught up with her and she couldn't seem to bring herself to move anymore. Drada nearly dropped to her knees right there, completely overwhelmed.

She managed to stay standing, while the wheel of regret spun in her head. She'd worked so hard to get where she was, fought tooth and nail to finally get some respect. The force wasn't all too kind to those with magic in their ancestry.

But she'd made it, and now of course she had to turn around and do something like this? 2 years on the force, thrown away. And she whispered, "Oh, skies, what am I doing."

..................................................................................................

Hitch stood there as neutrally and inconspicuously as he could, teeth clenched in apprehension. This was bad. He knew he was dead before, but now he was double ultra dead.

Quote:
"You still haven't spoken, are you a guard? With Mr Hyde here? You don't look like a palace guard, not do I recognize you."

"I wouldn't expect you to recognize the help, sir. No, I am not a guard, merely a servant." Nothing like a little shade to quell suspicions. His gray eyes met Alex's and, that was a mistake, because Hitch realized how pretty the Prince's eyes were. Luckily, Hitch never tended to blush much, but, wow.

His throat had gone a bit dry, so his voice lilted a bit on the next syllable. "I, I also found this, while cleaning, and I was going to deliver it, but, I wonder if perhaps you'd like to see it?" Rumors about the royal family travel quickly. Hitch knew the prince and the princess were close.

Hitch took his delivery, a simple letter, from his bag. In curling script, it was addressed to Ellisandre, but there was no hint as to who it could be. Hitch knew who, but revealing that wouldn't help his cover.

Okay, so this hadn't gone off without a hitch (haha), but now, if he could find an opening to leave, he was golden.
+2 FR time
OAKT4Gi.png
HdmxfuE.png
eTU8p7x.png
ar6gtVv.png
giphy.gif
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @PensiveJessie

Arieh smirked.
"You saved her and didn't even ask her name? That sounds... Risky." He didn't seem to like her very much, not that she expected a warm welcome. Perhaps she'd come to expect Realia's kindness from all of her employees, but that was unrealistic. She almost half listened to his story, bored from his plain and secretive phrasing. She supposed she deserved it when his own curiosity was turned on her, but her fur still bristled.
"When said sidhe is running from something." She answered curtly, turning her gaze towards the large fire, eyes thinning as they adjusted to the bright embers.
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @PensiveJessie

Arieh smirked.
"You saved her and didn't even ask her name? That sounds... Risky." He didn't seem to like her very much, not that she expected a warm welcome. Perhaps she'd come to expect Realia's kindness from all of her employees, but that was unrealistic. She almost half listened to his story, bored from his plain and secretive phrasing. She supposed she deserved it when his own curiosity was turned on her, but her fur still bristled.
"When said sidhe is running from something." She answered curtly, turning her gaze towards the large fire, eyes thinning as they adjusted to the bright embers.
giphy.gif
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @pensivejessie ((Edward is Sylas' late husband. Lillian is their dead daughter. Also, fun fact about Sylas: He has an identical twin brother, Sebastian Tyan Jykell. Yes they're Jykell and Hyde because I'm a total dork.))

Finny huffed in annoyance, bsent mindedly tugging at the ends of his sleeves as he fixed the girl with a glare. So what if he didn't know the guard's name? There had been bigger problems at the time, and asking had slipped his weary mind. He didn't like this girl at all, but Realia already have her a job, so now he had no reason to complain about her. Hmph.

"I don't see why it even matters to you." However, what does matter....

"If you're running from something, it better not end up hurting Realia. She's a good person, and doesn't deserve to get hurt, got it?"

"Ok, I think I got somethin' ya can wear while I patch up ya clothes...mm, everythin' I have will be a bit baggy on ya stick figure, but at least we're about the same height." Realia went about looking through her little closet, and came out with a dark red tunic (one she hadn't worn in years) and a long black skirt. She could only hope Drada didn't prefer pants.

"Hun? Honey are ya ok? Ya lookin' a bit pale there. Here why don't ya sit down for a spell, before ya fall over." The elf set the clothes down and gently took Drada by the arm, guiding her towards an armchair in the corner of the room.

"I've got some medicinal plants somewhere, I can whip up a cup o' tea for ya and that'll set ya right. Used to do it for Finny whenever he caught a bad fever."

The winged man had a sneaking suspicion that he was just making everyone nervous at this point. A part of him wanted to apologize for that, but he didn't want to embarrass either man. If Edward could see him now...He was pretty sure that jerk would be laughing at him right now. Hmph.

"No worries, although I have wasted almost an hour wandering these halls. Is it always so confusing here, or is it simply me?" Sylas glanced down at Eiliun, suddenly worried that the lad would get into trouble for attempting to help him. Oh, he really hoped not! He seemed trustworthy...then again, his judgement had never been the best.

"Oh, please young Prince, don't be so cross with him. Eiliun here was simply trying to help me find my way." and deliver a note, which he could see had the princess' name on it, but he'd rather not get too involved by asking about it. After all, he didn't even like humans, he'd just been complaining about their architecture even! Maybe he should take his own advice and reign in his curiosity....
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @pensivejessie ((Edward is Sylas' late husband. Lillian is their dead daughter. Also, fun fact about Sylas: He has an identical twin brother, Sebastian Tyan Jykell. Yes they're Jykell and Hyde because I'm a total dork.))

Finny huffed in annoyance, bsent mindedly tugging at the ends of his sleeves as he fixed the girl with a glare. So what if he didn't know the guard's name? There had been bigger problems at the time, and asking had slipped his weary mind. He didn't like this girl at all, but Realia already have her a job, so now he had no reason to complain about her. Hmph.

"I don't see why it even matters to you." However, what does matter....

"If you're running from something, it better not end up hurting Realia. She's a good person, and doesn't deserve to get hurt, got it?"

"Ok, I think I got somethin' ya can wear while I patch up ya clothes...mm, everythin' I have will be a bit baggy on ya stick figure, but at least we're about the same height." Realia went about looking through her little closet, and came out with a dark red tunic (one she hadn't worn in years) and a long black skirt. She could only hope Drada didn't prefer pants.

"Hun? Honey are ya ok? Ya lookin' a bit pale there. Here why don't ya sit down for a spell, before ya fall over." The elf set the clothes down and gently took Drada by the arm, guiding her towards an armchair in the corner of the room.

"I've got some medicinal plants somewhere, I can whip up a cup o' tea for ya and that'll set ya right. Used to do it for Finny whenever he caught a bad fever."

The winged man had a sneaking suspicion that he was just making everyone nervous at this point. A part of him wanted to apologize for that, but he didn't want to embarrass either man. If Edward could see him now...He was pretty sure that jerk would be laughing at him right now. Hmph.

"No worries, although I have wasted almost an hour wandering these halls. Is it always so confusing here, or is it simply me?" Sylas glanced down at Eiliun, suddenly worried that the lad would get into trouble for attempting to help him. Oh, he really hoped not! He seemed trustworthy...then again, his judgement had never been the best.

"Oh, please young Prince, don't be so cross with him. Eiliun here was simply trying to help me find my way." and deliver a note, which he could see had the princess' name on it, but he'd rather not get too involved by asking about it. After all, he didn't even like humans, he'd just been complaining about their architecture even! Maybe he should take his own advice and reign in his curiosity....
Help me pay rent and cat vet bills: Art & Lore Shop
frogs.png

Alex pauses, then grabs the letter, still suspicious of the man, he looked like no servant Alex had seen. Alex would let it go this one time, but only because there was a guest. If Alex caused a scene, the Queen would have his head. "Thank you." is all the Prince said to the Servant.

Alex looked at Sylas, an genuinely apologetic look on his face, "I do apologize about that, Mr Hyde, the palace is quite confusing if you don't know your way around. I am ashamed that there were no guards, I will have a serious talk with them in the morning." Or whenever I get the chance." Alex thought, irritated. He would wake those men up in the middle of the night if he had to. He was at the top of the food chain when it came to the palace guards.

"Here, follow me, Mr Hyde, I shall show you to the Thrown Room." Alex said, he rounded the corner he had just came from, right into a maid. The girl slammed into his chest and was falling backwards as the Prince snatched her wrist and pulled her upright, "Be careful to watch where you are going, especially when we have guests." Alex said to the maid softly. She had soft brown eyes and long, dark brown hair.

Alex leaned forward, "Go wake the Queen, have her meet our guest and I in the Thrown Room." he whispered softly. The maid blushed and nodded, rushing off past them after bowing and mumbling apologizes. Alex turned and apologized to Sylas as well, "Follow me, Sir." he said once more and took off at a slower pace, hoping the Queen would be ready by the time they made it to the Thrown Room.

Alex pauses, then grabs the letter, still suspicious of the man, he looked like no servant Alex had seen. Alex would let it go this one time, but only because there was a guest. If Alex caused a scene, the Queen would have his head. "Thank you." is all the Prince said to the Servant.

Alex looked at Sylas, an genuinely apologetic look on his face, "I do apologize about that, Mr Hyde, the palace is quite confusing if you don't know your way around. I am ashamed that there were no guards, I will have a serious talk with them in the morning." Or whenever I get the chance." Alex thought, irritated. He would wake those men up in the middle of the night if he had to. He was at the top of the food chain when it came to the palace guards.

"Here, follow me, Mr Hyde, I shall show you to the Thrown Room." Alex said, he rounded the corner he had just came from, right into a maid. The girl slammed into his chest and was falling backwards as the Prince snatched her wrist and pulled her upright, "Be careful to watch where you are going, especially when we have guests." Alex said to the maid softly. She had soft brown eyes and long, dark brown hair.

Alex leaned forward, "Go wake the Queen, have her meet our guest and I in the Thrown Room." he whispered softly. The maid blushed and nodded, rushing off past them after bowing and mumbling apologizes. Alex turned and apologized to Sylas as well, "Follow me, Sir." he said once more and took off at a slower pace, hoping the Queen would be ready by the time they made it to the Thrown Room.
RaffleSig_Full_Ver2.pngRaffleButtonSmall_GIF_2.gif
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 Drada couldn't stop thinking. Of course, none of us can truly not think, but she couldn't stop the wheel spinning in her head. She barely heard Realia talking about clothing sizes. [quote]"Hun? Honey are ya ok? Ya lookin' a bit pale there. Here why don't you sit down for a spell, before ya fall over."[/quote] Drada let herself be led, mumbling a [i]"Thank you."[/i] Sitting in the chair, she rested her elbows on her knees and framed her face with her hands. She didn't know why she couldn't just calm down and take this in stride. To other people, this may be small. But Drada was convinced that if anyone found out about this, she would be ruined. Her superior would love any excuse to take her down a peg. And it was insane she was doing this in the first place, it was quite unlike her. [quote]"I've got some medicinal plants somewhere, I can whip up a cup o' tea for ya and that'll set ya right. Used to do it for Finny whenever he caught a bad fever."[/quote] [i]"...That would be kind of you. If you have anything for nausea that would be, great."[/i] She's come to the conclusion that the roiling in her gut is bad and should probably be stopped. She took a couple moments for a breather, then unbuttoned and took off her jacket, frowning at the rip on the elbow. Looking at her undershirt, it was also ripped, which made her hiss in annoyance. Mental note, don't fall off a roof again. She removed the undershirt too and replaced it with the tunic, but now that she was sitting she couldn't bear to change her pants. Luckily, it seemed they weren't ripped, just covered in dust and dirt and whatever else was on the ground of the alley. [u]................................................................................[/u] Hitch's eyebrows knit a bit with worry as he handed off the note, but it was up to providence now to get the letter to the princess. He hoped the prince would get it to her. He really, really did. He looked between them as, it seemed, he'd been cut out of the conversation. A tad rude, but that was what he'd been hoping for. Now, if only... [quote][b]"Here, follow me, Mr Hyde, I shall show you to the Throne Room."[/b][/quote] Praise the skies and the Earth, this was too easy. Someone was smiling upon him. He couldn't hide the mischievous grin on his face as he bowed and said, [b]"Sirs, I believe it's time for me to return to my duties. If you'll excuse me."[/b] He turned and left, and behind him he heard them knocking into someone else. Didn't these royals know night time was for sleeping? He glanced back and saw a little maid scurry off. That should've thoroughly distracted them from his departure. Someone surely was smiling upon him tonight. He rounded a corner leisurely, then as soon as he was out of sight he broke into a run. He skidded around another turn, slipping through an ajar door - the room empty, a study of some kind - and popped the window. No tree here to climb down, but he could make do. He was too in a hurry to pay attention, so he got about half-way down the trellis when he slipped. He grabbed back on, but it scraped up his hands a bit. Hitch bolted through the gardens, using his magic to hop over the fence. This alerted the guards on the other side, but he didn't care at this point, casting a sparkly blue presto in their faces. He got to rest a couple blocks later, panting and leaning on the wall. His chest burned, legs wobbled. But he felt amazing. What a night.
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109

Drada couldn't stop thinking. Of course, none of us can truly not think, but she couldn't stop the wheel spinning in her head. She barely heard Realia talking about clothing sizes.

Quote:
"Hun? Honey are ya ok? Ya lookin' a bit pale there. Here why don't you sit down for a spell, before ya fall over."

Drada let herself be led, mumbling a "Thank you." Sitting in the chair, she rested her elbows on her knees and framed her face with her hands. She didn't know why she couldn't just calm down and take this in stride.

To other people, this may be small. But Drada was convinced that if anyone found out about this, she would be ruined. Her superior would love any excuse to take her down a peg. And it was insane she was doing this in the first place, it was quite unlike her.

Quote:

"...That would be kind of you. If you have anything for nausea that would be, great." She's come to the conclusion that the roiling in her gut is bad and should probably be stopped.

She took a couple moments for a breather, then unbuttoned and took off her jacket, frowning at the rip on the elbow. Looking at her undershirt, it was also ripped, which made her hiss in annoyance. Mental note, don't fall off a roof again.

She removed the undershirt too and replaced it with the tunic, but now that she was sitting she couldn't bear to change her pants. Luckily, it seemed they weren't ripped, just covered in dust and dirt and whatever else was on the ground of the alley.

................................................................................

Hitch's eyebrows knit a bit with worry as he handed off the note, but it was up to providence now to get the letter to the princess. He hoped the prince would get it to her. He really, really did.

He looked between them as, it seemed, he'd been cut out of the conversation. A tad rude, but that was what he'd been hoping for. Now, if only...

Quote:
"Here, follow me, Mr Hyde, I shall show you to the Throne Room."

Praise the skies and the Earth, this was too easy. Someone was smiling upon him. He couldn't hide the mischievous grin on his face as he bowed and said, "Sirs, I believe it's time for me to return to my duties. If you'll excuse me."

He turned and left, and behind him he heard them knocking into someone else. Didn't these royals know night time was for sleeping? He glanced back and saw a little maid scurry off. That should've thoroughly distracted them from his departure. Someone surely was smiling upon him tonight.

He rounded a corner leisurely, then as soon as he was out of sight he broke into a run.

He skidded around another turn, slipping through an ajar door - the room empty, a study of some kind - and popped the window. No tree here to climb down, but he could make do. He was too in a hurry to pay attention, so he got about half-way down the trellis when he slipped. He grabbed back on, but it scraped up his hands a bit.

Hitch bolted through the gardens, using his magic to hop over the fence. This alerted the guards on the other side, but he didn't care at this point, casting a sparkly blue presto in their faces.

He got to rest a couple blocks later, panting and leaning on the wall. His chest burned, legs wobbled. But he felt amazing.

What a night.
+2 FR time
OAKT4Gi.png
HdmxfuE.png
eTU8p7x.png
ar6gtVv.png
giphy.gif
@TwistedRae

Name: Katarina, nicknamed Kitty or Rina by friends and loved ones
Race: half human, half elf (hornless but winged)
Age: appears 17, ages at about 1/2 the rate of a human, actually 32
Magic Description: magic is lilac-purple in color
Specialty- Animal communication and mind-melding. She can temporarily meld her mind with that of an animal, communicate with that animal, and she will experience what the animal does while connected (she shares their senses and their emotions, and will hear their thoughts)
Height: 5'9
Eye color: vibrant blue
Description/reference(written or picture):
Lean, fairly muscular for a female teen. Slight curvy figure, medium-fair skin
Auburn hair, right-side part, hip-length.
She wears a pale blue halter-top dress, with black leggings that end halfway down her calves. Over her dress she wears a simple corset laced with a leather thong, instead of a tunic. She is usually covered by her favorite cloak, which is a deep purple color.
(1. Sorry for the incorrect time period of the dress, but it makes sense with her wings. 2. Leggings first came about during the Renaissance. 3. A leather thong is basically a strip of leather, similar to a string, if you didn't know.)
Her wings come from between her shoulder blades, and are mostly a muted shade of auburn, similar to her hair. Thin streaks of blue shoot across the velvet-like skin, especially near the bones and tips of her wings.
Picture is not identical to description, just meant to give a general idea. Art is not mine.)
angels-1.jpg
Personality traits: Usually quiet and kind, she is incredibly shy around strangers. She can be irritable at times, and has a habit of whacking whoever annoyed her with her right wing. (She will only do this to people she knows well. If she doesn't, she just glares and sulks.)
Sexuality: pansexual, masculine preference
Likes/Dislikes:
Likes- dark chocolate, fruit, most animals (but especially any mammal)
Dislikes- sewer rats (ick), animal and domestic abusers, any leafy green vegetables
@TwistedRae

Name: Katarina, nicknamed Kitty or Rina by friends and loved ones
Race: half human, half elf (hornless but winged)
Age: appears 17, ages at about 1/2 the rate of a human, actually 32
Magic Description: magic is lilac-purple in color
Specialty- Animal communication and mind-melding. She can temporarily meld her mind with that of an animal, communicate with that animal, and she will experience what the animal does while connected (she shares their senses and their emotions, and will hear their thoughts)
Height: 5'9
Eye color: vibrant blue
Description/reference(written or picture):
Lean, fairly muscular for a female teen. Slight curvy figure, medium-fair skin
Auburn hair, right-side part, hip-length.
She wears a pale blue halter-top dress, with black leggings that end halfway down her calves. Over her dress she wears a simple corset laced with a leather thong, instead of a tunic. She is usually covered by her favorite cloak, which is a deep purple color.
(1. Sorry for the incorrect time period of the dress, but it makes sense with her wings. 2. Leggings first came about during the Renaissance. 3. A leather thong is basically a strip of leather, similar to a string, if you didn't know.)
Her wings come from between her shoulder blades, and are mostly a muted shade of auburn, similar to her hair. Thin streaks of blue shoot across the velvet-like skin, especially near the bones and tips of her wings.
Picture is not identical to description, just meant to give a general idea. Art is not mine.)
angels-1.jpg
Personality traits: Usually quiet and kind, she is incredibly shy around strangers. She can be irritable at times, and has a habit of whacking whoever annoyed her with her right wing. (She will only do this to people she knows well. If she doesn't, she just glares and sulks.)
Sexuality: pansexual, masculine preference
Likes/Dislikes:
Likes- dark chocolate, fruit, most animals (but especially any mammal)
Dislikes- sewer rats (ick), animal and domestic abusers, any leafy green vegetables
(Before I 'jump in.' I'd like to say that my replies will probably be a bit shorter than everyone, including myself, wants, especially at the beginning, because I use my phone almost exclusively. So I apologize for that, but I'll do my best! Secondly, though I always try to proofread, I make mistakes easily, since clumsy thumbs, tiny keyboard, and fast typing don't mix very well. Please don't hesitate to point out any grammar, punctuation, or spellling errors I may have made, and especially don't be afraid to correct me if I confuse character details. And finally, since I'm not sure how best to incorperate Katarina into the current story, she will simply be a silently observant tavern patron.)

@TwistedRae @Crookedhalo1009 @pensivejessie @CornixElecti (thanks for reminding me to ping!)
(Additionally, you guys don't have to ping me at all here, because I'm subscribed. :D)

Katarina had been sitting not to far from the fire in the cozy tavern for some time now, simply watching and listening to the goings-on around her. She kept the hood of her deep purple cloak over head, effectively hiding it in shadow. The rest of the cloak fanned over her back, keeping her wings from sight. Her blue eyes glanced from one rowdy patron to the next, glad that none of the drunks seemed to have noticed her.

Katarina had seen the kind tavern owner, Realia, welcome the feline sidhe, give her a job and a good meal. She had been watching when the sickly-looking young man and tired guard had entered, and was. Not surprised when Realia called the pair to her. Soon after Realia had taken the filthy guardand her beloved dog upstairs, leaving the elven man and the sidhe coworkers to get to know each other. As far as Katarina could tell, it wasn't going very smoothly. The two of them seemed to be bickering, each just as curious about the other, and both unwilling to tell their stories. Katarina rolled her bright blue eyes, though she knew that her socialization skills were far worse.
(Before I 'jump in.' I'd like to say that my replies will probably be a bit shorter than everyone, including myself, wants, especially at the beginning, because I use my phone almost exclusively. So I apologize for that, but I'll do my best! Secondly, though I always try to proofread, I make mistakes easily, since clumsy thumbs, tiny keyboard, and fast typing don't mix very well. Please don't hesitate to point out any grammar, punctuation, or spellling errors I may have made, and especially don't be afraid to correct me if I confuse character details. And finally, since I'm not sure how best to incorperate Katarina into the current story, she will simply be a silently observant tavern patron.)

@TwistedRae @Crookedhalo1009 @pensivejessie @CornixElecti (thanks for reminding me to ping!)
(Additionally, you guys don't have to ping me at all here, because I'm subscribed. :D)

Katarina had been sitting not to far from the fire in the cozy tavern for some time now, simply watching and listening to the goings-on around her. She kept the hood of her deep purple cloak over head, effectively hiding it in shadow. The rest of the cloak fanned over her back, keeping her wings from sight. Her blue eyes glanced from one rowdy patron to the next, glad that none of the drunks seemed to have noticed her.

Katarina had seen the kind tavern owner, Realia, welcome the feline sidhe, give her a job and a good meal. She had been watching when the sickly-looking young man and tired guard had entered, and was. Not surprised when Realia called the pair to her. Soon after Realia had taken the filthy guardand her beloved dog upstairs, leaving the elven man and the sidhe coworkers to get to know each other. As far as Katarina could tell, it wasn't going very smoothly. The two of them seemed to be bickering, each just as curious about the other, and both unwilling to tell their stories. Katarina rolled her bright blue eyes, though she knew that her socialization skills were far worse.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18