Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Take My Hand - open/jump in
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy @penisvejessie ((I would like to apologize for my absence, I'm working on three separate comics, a novel, and trying to figure out a college payment plan right now, so I have very little free time. On a side note, I'm kind of looking for someone to help out with the dialogue of one of the comics, if any of you have some spare time I'd love some opinions later.

I'll try to reply more often, though I can't promise anything.))

Finny kept his mouth shut, not wanting to drag this little argument on any longer. He really, really wished Realia hadn't just hired this stranger without even asking about her first, but the older elf wasn't as paranoid about people like he was. Outside people, anyway. But....she'd also taken him in without any questions, hasn't pried into his life at all - perhaps he was just being paranoid?

Lost in his thoughts, he didn't realize she'd asked a question until the chef shoved him as the man passed by, ripping the blond back into the present.

"Oh, there's a tray in the back room. Just put it there, we do the dishes after the tavern closes. You'll spend your break in the back as well, never know when Realia will need the help." Now, he should go and heal the cuts and scrapes that littered his thin body, or else he'd feel worse in the morning.

The horned elf frowned, staring rather pointedly at all the bruises on Drada's arm, giving her a look worthy of a general's mother. It looked as if Finny had healed the worst of her injuries, but not the bruises. That's why he looked so tired, the poor baby.

"Alright. Just tell me if any of that gets worse, ok hun? Do want anythin' in ya tea?" Might as well steer the conversation back to the topic of something she knew well. Realia picked up the kettle, the magical fire dying down in an instance. A snap of her fingers, and a plain white mug seemed to fling itself across the room to land perfectly at Drada's side.

"Sooo, Drada....Finny seems to like ya. He's never brought a guard home before, maybe ya can be a good influence on 'im. Lord knows that boy needs some actual friends." And hopefully someone to protect him, and help him with all his health problems. She couldn't be around forever to take care of him and make sure he ate and slept.

"Ah, all things a queen should be I suppose, though I'm not sure forgiving is a trait for a queen. Then again, humans live such short lives that they need to forgive...Ah! I'm so sorry if that was rude, I don't mean to offend!" His wings flared up, his own version of ruffled feather, and a grey-blue hand went up to cover his mouth, worried he'd say another offensive thing.

This was going to be much harder than he thought. Er, well, he should really try and curb his...dislike for humans while he was here.

"S-so, the queen is your stepmother, correct? I apologize if this is rude to ask, but....your vocal pattern shifts when you speak of her. Would it be correct to assume your relationship is strained? It just seems as if you are reading off a script, and not of what you think of her."
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy @penisvejessie ((I would like to apologize for my absence, I'm working on three separate comics, a novel, and trying to figure out a college payment plan right now, so I have very little free time. On a side note, I'm kind of looking for someone to help out with the dialogue of one of the comics, if any of you have some spare time I'd love some opinions later.

I'll try to reply more often, though I can't promise anything.))

Finny kept his mouth shut, not wanting to drag this little argument on any longer. He really, really wished Realia hadn't just hired this stranger without even asking about her first, but the older elf wasn't as paranoid about people like he was. Outside people, anyway. But....she'd also taken him in without any questions, hasn't pried into his life at all - perhaps he was just being paranoid?

Lost in his thoughts, he didn't realize she'd asked a question until the chef shoved him as the man passed by, ripping the blond back into the present.

"Oh, there's a tray in the back room. Just put it there, we do the dishes after the tavern closes. You'll spend your break in the back as well, never know when Realia will need the help." Now, he should go and heal the cuts and scrapes that littered his thin body, or else he'd feel worse in the morning.

The horned elf frowned, staring rather pointedly at all the bruises on Drada's arm, giving her a look worthy of a general's mother. It looked as if Finny had healed the worst of her injuries, but not the bruises. That's why he looked so tired, the poor baby.

"Alright. Just tell me if any of that gets worse, ok hun? Do want anythin' in ya tea?" Might as well steer the conversation back to the topic of something she knew well. Realia picked up the kettle, the magical fire dying down in an instance. A snap of her fingers, and a plain white mug seemed to fling itself across the room to land perfectly at Drada's side.

"Sooo, Drada....Finny seems to like ya. He's never brought a guard home before, maybe ya can be a good influence on 'im. Lord knows that boy needs some actual friends." And hopefully someone to protect him, and help him with all his health problems. She couldn't be around forever to take care of him and make sure he ate and slept.

"Ah, all things a queen should be I suppose, though I'm not sure forgiving is a trait for a queen. Then again, humans live such short lives that they need to forgive...Ah! I'm so sorry if that was rude, I don't mean to offend!" His wings flared up, his own version of ruffled feather, and a grey-blue hand went up to cover his mouth, worried he'd say another offensive thing.

This was going to be much harder than he thought. Er, well, he should really try and curb his...dislike for humans while he was here.

"S-so, the queen is your stepmother, correct? I apologize if this is rude to ask, but....your vocal pattern shifts when you speak of her. Would it be correct to assume your relationship is strained? It just seems as if you are reading off a script, and not of what you think of her."
Help me pay rent and cat vet bills: Art & Lore Shop
frogs.png
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy (Sorry for poofing too! I know I don't normally do that, but I got like really tired yesterday, I could hardly do anything. Also, Rae, I would totally be open for looking your comic(s?)! Anything I can do to help. Also, I want to be a comic artist,(in fact i'm working on a project right now hahaa[size=1]please click the link in my sig please[/size]) so I've got experience there! Just let me know, I'd love to!) Her spine stiffened as Realia scrutinized her. She knew it looked bad, she wasn't that far gone, but it wasn't a big deal. Not to her, at least. The bruises reminded her of her Academy days, and Realia's stare reminded her of her instructors. Eerie. [quote]"Alright. Just tell me if any of that gets worse, ok hun? Do want anythin' in ya tea?"[/quote] Drada nodded once, sharply, politely. If it got so bad she couldn't handle it, she would speak up. It wouldn't though. Drada could handle a lot. [i]"No, ma'am, I'm alright."[/i] In regards to additions to the tea. As it floated over, she held it in her hands, letting it warm her fingers. It felt like the hearth back home. Her real home, not the place she had here in Patience. Wow, this was getting, confusing. [quote]"Sooo, [i]Drada[/i]....Finny seems to like ya. He's never brought a [i]guard[/i] home before, maybe ya can be a good influence on 'im. Lord knows that boy needs some actual friends."[/quote] Drada turned scarlet. She'd always been an easy blusher. [i]"Wh, li- I-"[/i] A nervous laugh escaped her. [i]"I, I wouldn't say that, just a simple act of kindness. He... he didn't have to help me at all, but he did."[/i] Her gaze looked anywhere other than directly at Realia. [i]"We've only met tonight, ma'am. Hardly known each other an hour. You were the one to tell me his name. I don't expect I'll ever see him again past this. That's just how it works, in my experience."[/i] She wanted to, though. She wanted to see Finny again. Lord knows Drada needed some friends, as well. Trying to get herself to stop talking, she sipped idly at the tea. Then yelped, steam pouring out of her mouth, as the warmth met the chill in an adverse reaction. She did very well not dropping the mug outright, placing it back down. She can't believe she completely forgot she shouldn't do that. She huffed, fanning her mouth, looking like some kind of funny dragon. [u]................................................................................................[/u] Hitch had let his gaze drift a bit, content in the knowledge that this interaction was going nowhere and letting it fall to silence, when Katarina just started unloading on him. He was just kind of subject to listening to this as this maelstrom of information he'd never asked for was pelted at him rapid-fire. Wow, this girl's backstory was sap-sad, huh? [quote][b]"Sorry, I'm terrible at meeting new people."[/b][/quote] No joke? No, that's mean. Maybe he should hold himself back from being a total jerk right now. [b]"No, it's fine. I get it. Uh, now I feel like I should say something about me?"[/b] Hitch rubbed the back of his head, tousling the short hair back there. [b]"I'm, uh, a plains elf,"[/b] He gestured to his skin color, waving his hand down his front. [b]"if it wasn't obvious. Well, I was born out there, but then my folks went to Patience pretty much right away after. So more like, I'm a city elf. I'm, I work as a messenger, like I deliver, letters, and stuff like that."[/b] Is that really all there is to him? After her outpouring, you'd think his offer to reciprocate might offer a bit more. Maybe he has hidden depths. Or maybe not, just another elf in the city trying to get by. Hm.
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy (Sorry for poofing too! I know I don't normally do that, but I got like really tired yesterday, I could hardly do anything. Also, Rae, I would totally be open for looking your comic(s?)! Anything I can do to help. Also, I want to be a comic artist,(in fact i'm working on a project right now hahaaplease click the link in my sig please) so I've got experience there! Just let me know, I'd love to!)

Her spine stiffened as Realia scrutinized her. She knew it looked bad, she wasn't that far gone, but it wasn't a big deal. Not to her, at least. The bruises reminded her of her Academy days, and Realia's stare reminded her of her instructors. Eerie.

Quote:
"Alright. Just tell me if any of that gets worse, ok hun? Do want anythin' in ya tea?"

Drada nodded once, sharply, politely. If it got so bad she couldn't handle it, she would speak up. It wouldn't though. Drada could handle a lot.

"No, ma'am, I'm alright." In regards to additions to the tea. As it floated over, she held it in her hands, letting it warm her fingers. It felt like the hearth back home. Her real home, not the place she had here in Patience. Wow, this was getting, confusing.

Quote:
"Sooo, Drada....Finny seems to like ya. He's never brought a guard home before, maybe ya can be a good influence on 'im. Lord knows that boy needs some actual friends."

Drada turned scarlet. She'd always been an easy blusher. "Wh, li- I-" A nervous laugh escaped her. "I, I wouldn't say that, just a simple act of kindness. He... he didn't have to help me at all, but he did."

Her gaze looked anywhere other than directly at Realia. "We've only met tonight, ma'am. Hardly known each other an hour. You were the one to tell me his name. I don't expect I'll ever see him again past this. That's just how it works, in my experience."

She wanted to, though. She wanted to see Finny again. Lord knows Drada needed some friends, as well.

Trying to get herself to stop talking, she sipped idly at the tea. Then yelped, steam pouring out of her mouth, as the warmth met the chill in an adverse reaction. She did very well not dropping the mug outright, placing it back down. She can't believe she completely forgot she shouldn't do that. She huffed, fanning her mouth, looking like some kind of funny dragon.

................................................................................................

Hitch had let his gaze drift a bit, content in the knowledge that this interaction was going nowhere and letting it fall to silence, when Katarina just started unloading on him.

He was just kind of subject to listening to this as this maelstrom of information he'd never asked for was pelted at him rapid-fire. Wow, this girl's backstory was sap-sad, huh?

Quote:
"Sorry, I'm terrible at meeting new people."

No joke? No, that's mean. Maybe he should hold himself back from being a total jerk right now.

"No, it's fine. I get it. Uh, now I feel like I should say something about me?" Hitch rubbed the back of his head, tousling the short hair back there.

"I'm, uh, a plains elf," He gestured to his skin color, waving his hand down his front. "if it wasn't obvious. Well, I was born out there, but then my folks went to Patience pretty much right away after. So more like, I'm a city elf. I'm, I work as a messenger, like I deliver, letters, and stuff like that."

Is that really all there is to him? After her outpouring, you'd think his offer to reciprocate might offer a bit more. Maybe he has hidden depths. Or maybe not, just another elf in the city trying to get by. Hm.
the name's Jes, nice to meet ya
+2 FR time
OAKT4Gi.png
HdmxfuE.png
eTU8p7x.png
ar6gtVv.png
giphy.gif
@TwistedRae ((Wow you have a lot on your plate! Your absence is completely understanable. And I'd be happy to help with the comic in any way I can!)) @pensivejessie (I can sorta understand the random day of exhaustion, it's happened to me before. I'm editing in a response right now! [quote][b]"Uh, now I feel like I should say something about me?"[/b][/quote] Katarina opened her mouth to object, but quickly shut it again when he started to speak.She hadn't meant to give this poor guy an earful of her pathetic backstory, and now he felt obliged to tell his. As she listened to Hitch, Katarina worried the inside of her lip between her teeth. It was a nervous habit sh had developed since coming into the city proper. Hitch seemed to hesitate as he finished telling his brief description of his lifestyle to Katarina.She looked around nervously and took a deep breath. [b]"I didn't mean to monolouge about my life. If just started talking,"[/b] Katarina said quietly, looking anywhere except at the man across the table, [b]"And I couldn't stop. I know you were probably just fine without talking to me. So I'm really sorry that I did that."[/b] Finally she stared at her hands in her lap, gnawing her lip and trying not to fidget as she waited to see if Hitch would say something.
@TwistedRae ((Wow you have a lot on your plate! Your absence is completely understanable. And I'd be happy to help with the comic in any way I can!))

@pensivejessie (I can sorta understand the random day of exhaustion, it's happened to me before. I'm editing in a response right now!
Quote:
"Uh, now I feel like I should say something about me?"

Katarina opened her mouth to object, but quickly shut it again when he started to speak.She hadn't meant to give this poor guy an earful of her pathetic backstory, and now he felt obliged to tell his. As she listened to Hitch, Katarina worried the inside of her lip between her teeth. It was a nervous habit sh had developed since coming into the city proper.

Hitch seemed to hesitate as he finished telling his brief description of his lifestyle to Katarina.She looked around nervously and took a deep breath.

"I didn't mean to monolouge about my life. If just started talking," Katarina said quietly, looking anywhere except at the man across the table, "And I couldn't stop. I know you were probably just fine without talking to me. So I'm really sorry that I did that."

Finally she stared at her hands in her lap, gnawing her lip and trying not to fidget as she waited to see if Hitch would say something.
@TwistedRae (Oh my, you are a busy busy person how are you still typing that much can I worship you?? I can't offer any help, but I hope you can hang in there!) @PensiveJessie @CornixElecti

Arieh felt like apologizing, almost. She felt that she wasn't really accepted by Finnian, which would make it hard to work here in the future. She waited for what seemed like hours before he finally told her where the dirty dishes went. At least he went a step further and told her what the back was used for as well. She mumbled a thank you before taking the bowl towards what she assumed was the back, bumping into a few people around without apologizing. She was in a disagreeable mood, and didn't care to be courteous at the moment. Finally pushing her way to the back, she found the aforementioned tray and placed it carefully with several other bowls.

Maybe she should go back out there, put on the apron still draped over her arm, and actually act like a barmaid. She didn't feel confident in a busy tavern without Realia supervising though, and even if she might have eagerly accepted the job, it wasn't like she had much experience. She finally decided to put the apron on, just for the sake of looking like she belonged there. Smiling as she tied it securely around her waist and fluffed it out, she thought she looked rather nice.

Ari sighed. She ought to do something productive, right? She marched herself over to the flight of stairs that she distinctly remembered Realia climbing and ascended to the top floor. Her ears twitched as she heard two voices. Stepping into the room, she knocked lightly on the wall to alert the elf to her presence.
"Um, Realia..?" She called nervously. "Is there anything I can do to help?"
@TwistedRae (Oh my, you are a busy busy person how are you still typing that much can I worship you?? I can't offer any help, but I hope you can hang in there!) @PensiveJessie @CornixElecti

Arieh felt like apologizing, almost. She felt that she wasn't really accepted by Finnian, which would make it hard to work here in the future. She waited for what seemed like hours before he finally told her where the dirty dishes went. At least he went a step further and told her what the back was used for as well. She mumbled a thank you before taking the bowl towards what she assumed was the back, bumping into a few people around without apologizing. She was in a disagreeable mood, and didn't care to be courteous at the moment. Finally pushing her way to the back, she found the aforementioned tray and placed it carefully with several other bowls.

Maybe she should go back out there, put on the apron still draped over her arm, and actually act like a barmaid. She didn't feel confident in a busy tavern without Realia supervising though, and even if she might have eagerly accepted the job, it wasn't like she had much experience. She finally decided to put the apron on, just for the sake of looking like she belonged there. Smiling as she tied it securely around her waist and fluffed it out, she thought she looked rather nice.

Ari sighed. She ought to do something productive, right? She marched herself over to the flight of stairs that she distinctly remembered Realia climbing and ascended to the top floor. Her ears twitched as she heard two voices. Stepping into the room, she knocked lightly on the wall to alert the elf to her presence.
"Um, Realia..?" She called nervously. "Is there anything I can do to help?"
giphy.gif
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy [quote][b]"And I couldn't stop. I know you were probably just fine without talking to me. So I'm really sorry that I did that."[/b][/quote] [b]"Oh, chill out."[/b] Hitch's gaze flicked up as a sidhe girl pushed past their table, looking irritated. Hm. [b]"It's no big deal. I get it. There's nothing to say sorry over."[/b] He tapped his fingernails on the table in a little repeating sequence, tap tatap tap tatap. This was probably the least big deal thing ever, or at least the least he'd dealt with today. [b]"I can deal. You know how much people like explaining their mail? Everyone always has to tell me how important this cursive-printed, perfume-smelling letter MUST be delivered, because they haven't seen their true love since blah blah blah. It's whatever. I've become good at listening."[/b] Wait, okay, was that a good thing to say? [b]"Anyways, my point is it's alright."[/b] And also that he didn't care. But he didn't say that part aloud, obviously
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy

Quote:
"And I couldn't stop. I know you were probably just fine without talking to me. So I'm really sorry that I did that."

"Oh, chill out." Hitch's gaze flicked up as a sidhe girl pushed past their table, looking irritated. Hm. "It's no big deal. I get it. There's nothing to say sorry over."

He tapped his fingernails on the table in a little repeating sequence, tap tatap tap tatap. This was probably the least big deal thing ever, or at least the least he'd dealt with today.

"I can deal. You know how much people like explaining their mail? Everyone always has to tell me how important this cursive-printed, perfume-smelling letter MUST be delivered, because they haven't seen their true love since blah blah blah. It's whatever. I've become good at listening."

Wait, okay, was that a good thing to say? "Anyways, my point is it's alright." And also that he didn't care. But he didn't say that part aloud, obviously
+2 FR time
OAKT4Gi.png
HdmxfuE.png
eTU8p7x.png
ar6gtVv.png
giphy.gif
@Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy @penisvejessie @Twistedrae (You're all good! Real life always comes first :) )

Alex cringed internally, but just smiled at the man, slightly annoyed at both the fact that this man was insightful and attentive, much more so than many lords and ladies that had been in his presence. Alex would have to be careful, "It is true that we live short lives, " he had to keep annoyance and irritation out of his voice as he said 'we', for he was not all human., "So forgiving is something we must practice, especially around other people in high positions. If we don't, nothing will get done. As for the Queen, even if our relationship was strained I would be able to say no such thing about the Queen Regent." he said carefully.

It didn't matter if he hated the woman, he still had to respect her as a leader of the kingdom. "I am quite forgiving, but I will warn you that you must watch what you say. No matter your rank or power, an insult of any kind is unwise. We may be forgiving, but we will remember." Alex said, he hated this man's insightful nature, but that didn't mean Alex wanted him to get in trouble. Alex let an aura of calm exude from him, hoping to calm his nerves before they made it to the Throne Room, which was just down the hall, That woman better be there by now. he thought. Shame, I wanted to ask Sylas some questions of my own. Alex thought.
@Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy @penisvejessie @Twistedrae (You're all good! Real life always comes first :) )

Alex cringed internally, but just smiled at the man, slightly annoyed at both the fact that this man was insightful and attentive, much more so than many lords and ladies that had been in his presence. Alex would have to be careful, "It is true that we live short lives, " he had to keep annoyance and irritation out of his voice as he said 'we', for he was not all human., "So forgiving is something we must practice, especially around other people in high positions. If we don't, nothing will get done. As for the Queen, even if our relationship was strained I would be able to say no such thing about the Queen Regent." he said carefully.

It didn't matter if he hated the woman, he still had to respect her as a leader of the kingdom. "I am quite forgiving, but I will warn you that you must watch what you say. No matter your rank or power, an insult of any kind is unwise. We may be forgiving, but we will remember." Alex said, he hated this man's insightful nature, but that didn't mean Alex wanted him to get in trouble. Alex let an aura of calm exude from him, hoping to calm his nerves before they made it to the Throne Room, which was just down the hall, That woman better be there by now. he thought. Shame, I wanted to ask Sylas some questions of my own. Alex thought.
RaffleSig_Full_Ver2.pngRaffleButtonSmall_GIF_2.gif
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @TwistedRae @penisivejessie [quote][b]"Oh, chill out... It's no big deal. I get it. There's nothing to say sorry over."[/b][/quote] Katarina jumped and looked up when she heard Hitch's reply, and glanced at the sidhe girl as she passed before returning her gaze to the young man talking to her. The gentle tapping of his fingernails on the table calmed her nerves drastically, as it was something her father would do when he was reading in the evenings. [quote][b]"... Anyways, my point is it's alright."[/b][/quote] Katarina thought he might not have entirely spoken his mind, but wasn't going to push it. Hadn't see used all of her luck in socializing already? She decided to change the subject. "Do you believe in true love, Hitch?" She asked curiously, fiddling with the hem of her cloak absent-mindedly, "Obviously some of your customers do, but what do you think?"
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @TwistedRae @penisivejessie
Quote:
"Oh, chill out... It's no big deal. I get it. There's nothing to say sorry over."

Katarina jumped and looked up when she heard Hitch's reply, and glanced at the sidhe girl as she passed before returning her gaze to the young man talking to her. The gentle tapping of his fingernails on the table calmed her nerves drastically, as it was something her father would do when he was reading in the evenings.
Quote:
"... Anyways, my point is it's alright."

Katarina thought he might not have entirely spoken his mind, but wasn't going to push it. Hadn't see used all of her luck in socializing already? She decided to change the subject.

"Do you believe in true love, Hitch?" She asked curiously, fiddling with the hem of her cloak absent-mindedly, "Obviously some of your customers do, but what do you think?"
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy (just fyi, you spelled my username wrong!) [quote]"Do you believe in true love, Hitch?"[/quote] Hitch was quiet for a moment, mulling this question over. His gaze drifted, before something dawned on him, eyes widening. His fingers stopped tapping the table, now curling in apprehension. He was white as a sheet, ears standing at attention. [b]"...Let's make something clear here, I'm very gay. Extremely gay. I don't just like guys, I love guys. I'm not, into ladies, at all really. I- my magic is [i]sparkly[/i], for goodness' sake."[/b] He cast a small presto just to prove it, a green glittery swirl puffing harmlessly into the air before fading. [b]"No offense to you, but I am, there's- there's just no metric that could measure how monumentally gay I am. Just, trying to be clear here."[/b] He let out a big sigh, not even flinching at the sound of another chair crashing down behind him. Now that he had that cleared up, his ears drooped slightly, tension relaxing. [b]"About true love, though... Complete crap. Love takes work, and if you slacken your grip for even a second, it could fall apart. Even if you've been together 8 years, or 80 years."[/b] Now he wished he had a drink.
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy (just fyi, you spelled my username wrong!)

Quote:
"Do you believe in true love, Hitch?"

Hitch was quiet for a moment, mulling this question over. His gaze drifted, before something dawned on him, eyes widening. His fingers stopped tapping the table, now curling in apprehension. He was white as a sheet, ears standing at attention.

"...Let's make something clear here, I'm very gay. Extremely gay. I don't just like guys, I love guys. I'm not, into ladies, at all really. I- my magic is sparkly, for goodness' sake." He cast a small presto just to prove it, a green glittery swirl puffing harmlessly into the air before fading.

"No offense to you, but I am, there's- there's just no metric that could measure how monumentally gay I am. Just, trying to be clear here."

He let out a big sigh, not even flinching at the sound of another chair crashing down behind him. Now that he had that cleared up, his ears drooped slightly, tension relaxing. "About true love, though... Complete crap. Love takes work, and if you slacken your grip for even a second, it could fall apart. Even if you've been together 8 years, or 80 years." Now he wished he had a drink.
+2 FR time
OAKT4Gi.png
HdmxfuE.png
eTU8p7x.png
ar6gtVv.png
giphy.gif
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @pensivejessie (Stupid typo, sorry about that!) [quote][b]"...Let's make something clear here, I'm very gay. Extremely gay. I don't just like guys, I love guys. I'm not, into ladies, at all really. I- my magic is [i]sparkly[/i], for goodness' sake."[/b] [/quote] Katarina had seen Hitch tense, and had listened wide-eyed as he spoke. She jumped slightly, startled, at the puff of green light, which did indeed sparkle. [quote][b]"No offense to you, but I am, there's- there's just no metric that could measure how monumentally gay I am. Just, trying to be clear here."[/b][/quote] She took a deep, calming breath, fighting back a blush and trying to slow her thundering heart. She jumped again when another chair crashed to the floor. This night was fraying on all of her nerves. [quote][b]"About true love, though... Complete crap. Love takes work, and if you slacken your grip for even a second, it could fall apart. Even if you've been together 8 years, or 80 years."[/b] [/quote] Katarina nodded politely, waiting a few seconds to be sure he had finished talking before she started. [b]"I didn't mean to imply anything by asking what you thought about true love. I mean, you're kinda cute, and you seem like a nice guy, but I just met you! I was only trying to be nice and have a conversation."[/b] She closed her eyes briefly and took another deep breath. She had done that a lot tonight, she realized. She opened her eyes at looked at Hitch once more. [b]"I think you're right about love. It takes commitment and work. But I believe that every person, regardless of race or sexuality, has someome who is meant to be with them. You need only to put in the effort to maintain and constantly improve the relationship."[/b]
@TwistedRae @CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @pensivejessie (Stupid typo, sorry about that!)
Quote:
"...Let's make something clear here, I'm very gay. Extremely gay. I don't just like guys, I love guys. I'm not, into ladies, at all really. I- my magic is sparkly, for goodness' sake."

Katarina had seen Hitch tense, and had listened wide-eyed as he spoke. She jumped slightly, startled, at the puff of green light, which did indeed sparkle.
Quote:
"No offense to you, but I am, there's- there's just no metric that could measure how monumentally gay I am. Just, trying to be clear here."

She took a deep, calming breath, fighting back a blush and trying to slow her thundering heart. She jumped again when another chair crashed to the floor. This night was fraying on all of her nerves.
Quote:
"About true love, though... Complete crap. Love takes work, and if you slacken your grip for even a second, it could fall apart. Even if you've been together 8 years, or 80 years."

Katarina nodded politely, waiting a few seconds to be sure he had finished talking before she started. "I didn't mean to imply anything by asking what you thought about true love. I mean, you're kinda cute, and you seem like a nice guy, but I just met you! I was only trying to be nice and have a conversation."

She closed her eyes briefly and took another deep breath. She had done that a lot tonight, she realized. She opened her eyes at looked at Hitch once more. "I think you're right about love. It takes commitment and work. But I believe that every person, regardless of race or sexuality, has someome who is meant to be with them. You need only to put in the effort to maintain and constantly improve the relationship."
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy @pensivejessie ((I am magic that's how I am writing this much. :P ))

Finny swallowed hard and watched her go, before sinking into a chair with a groan. First he accidentally hurts a guard (which leaves a bad taste in his mouth), then he lied to Realia, and now he shoved all his bitterness on some poor sidhe. How awful could one elf be? The answer: a lot.

With a sigh he pushed himself out of the chair and snatched up his cloak. Bad feeling or not, the night was still young and he still had many things he wanted to get done. He'd say sorry to Realia (and maybe his new co-worker) later, and possibly the guard if she stuck around long enough.

With one last glance at the tavern folk he left - out the window, in true Finny style - and back out into the chilly night air.

Realia poured herself a cup of tea as well, and leaned against the the table-turned-impromptu-stove as she took a sip. Mm, that was a good recipe. She'd have to write that one down later...

"Oh, I'm sure ya two will cross paths again. My Finny is like that, once he decides he likes someone he tends to stick with them. I mean, why do ya think he still works here, when his talents could get him so much more?" Never mind the bit about him being a magic user, or extremely sickly and weak. There was a reason he stayed here, but perhaps it was only convenience, or sentiment that kept him from leaving.

It sure wasn't the great food and atmosphere.

The horned elf nearly laughed, but managed to stop herself by putting a hand over her mouth. She settled for hiding her amused smile behind her cup. Oh dear, that must've been awkward for her unexpected guest, but lord did it look funny.

"Ya ok there hun? Lookin' a bit steamy over there."

He smiled sheepishly, grip on his cane becoming tighter. If his hands weren't already grey, his knuckles probably would've turned white. Sylas hadn't meant to offend the Prince, but it seemed like he had done that anyway. Well, he'd find some way to apologize later. If he survived the meeting with the human queen (which he would, considering he could fly and had the physical strength to tear a fully grown man in half).

Which was messy. Ugh.

"I do apologize, I...have not spent much time among humans, and I had very little time to do any research before I left home. I will keep your advice in mind when with your queen." Although, since his species lived such long lives, this going sour wouldn't have much of an effect on his home city. Alright, so his Queen wouldn't be too happy, but she was a distance away, and it only took a few decades for her temper to cool down.

"I'll be staying a few days, perhaps I will see you again? Hopefully while I'm not lost out of my mind and at such a late hour." He smiled again, hoping this one seemed more sincere and apologetic. The Prince didn't deserve his intolerance, even if he was also human. (Or not?? His scent was so confusing he couldn't actually tell).
@CornixElecti @Crookedhalo1109 @JustALotCrazy @pensivejessie ((I am magic that's how I am writing this much. :P ))

Finny swallowed hard and watched her go, before sinking into a chair with a groan. First he accidentally hurts a guard (which leaves a bad taste in his mouth), then he lied to Realia, and now he shoved all his bitterness on some poor sidhe. How awful could one elf be? The answer: a lot.

With a sigh he pushed himself out of the chair and snatched up his cloak. Bad feeling or not, the night was still young and he still had many things he wanted to get done. He'd say sorry to Realia (and maybe his new co-worker) later, and possibly the guard if she stuck around long enough.

With one last glance at the tavern folk he left - out the window, in true Finny style - and back out into the chilly night air.

Realia poured herself a cup of tea as well, and leaned against the the table-turned-impromptu-stove as she took a sip. Mm, that was a good recipe. She'd have to write that one down later...

"Oh, I'm sure ya two will cross paths again. My Finny is like that, once he decides he likes someone he tends to stick with them. I mean, why do ya think he still works here, when his talents could get him so much more?" Never mind the bit about him being a magic user, or extremely sickly and weak. There was a reason he stayed here, but perhaps it was only convenience, or sentiment that kept him from leaving.

It sure wasn't the great food and atmosphere.

The horned elf nearly laughed, but managed to stop herself by putting a hand over her mouth. She settled for hiding her amused smile behind her cup. Oh dear, that must've been awkward for her unexpected guest, but lord did it look funny.

"Ya ok there hun? Lookin' a bit steamy over there."

He smiled sheepishly, grip on his cane becoming tighter. If his hands weren't already grey, his knuckles probably would've turned white. Sylas hadn't meant to offend the Prince, but it seemed like he had done that anyway. Well, he'd find some way to apologize later. If he survived the meeting with the human queen (which he would, considering he could fly and had the physical strength to tear a fully grown man in half).

Which was messy. Ugh.

"I do apologize, I...have not spent much time among humans, and I had very little time to do any research before I left home. I will keep your advice in mind when with your queen." Although, since his species lived such long lives, this going sour wouldn't have much of an effect on his home city. Alright, so his Queen wouldn't be too happy, but she was a distance away, and it only took a few decades for her temper to cool down.

"I'll be staying a few days, perhaps I will see you again? Hopefully while I'm not lost out of my mind and at such a late hour." He smiled again, hoping this one seemed more sincere and apologetic. The Prince didn't deserve his intolerance, even if he was also human. (Or not?? His scent was so confusing he couldn't actually tell).
Help me pay rent and cat vet bills: Art & Lore Shop
frogs.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18