Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 53 54
Day 2

As you walk in the door you hear the familiar voice of the Coatl who greeted you come onto the loudspeaker. “Hello? Test! Is this thing -bzzzt- on? Ah, yes, it is. I’ve been notified that many of the inventions did not make it to the faire, or had been stolen in the last few days. This is a terrible occurrence that -bzzzzt- rarely occurs, I assure you. Many of the transport mediums ran into trouble, including lava, ice, lightning storms, attacks from Beastclans, -bzzzzt- and a number of other factors. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you can enjoy the rest of the World Faire.” His voice sounded really stressed. He must be quite panicked since he seems to be in charge of at least part of this event.

After a good night’s sleep you’re determined to remake your invention before judging begins. You’ve thought over what part is most essential to start with, and have decided the engine should be the part you need to find or make first. After all, if the invention has no way of doing anything, what is it useful for? The helpful Ridgeback guard from last night (Choice C Dragons) showed you where you could find parts from leftover inventions from previous years that you could borrow from. Of course he warned you sternly that flat-out stealing an invention is wrong, and you’re only allowed to use parts to make your own invention. The Stormcatcher would know if you stole a previous invention; he remembers each one and who made it.

You go to Storage 1, where the leftover inventions are and begin rummaging through the boxes. What kind of engine do you want?
A) You find a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It’s fairly light and small in your paw.
B) There’s a five cylinder car engine here! You examine the large engine, and realize it is incredibly heavy too.
C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
D) Just when you’re about to give up, you find a hamster wheel. Lucky you.
Day 2

As you walk in the door you hear the familiar voice of the Coatl who greeted you come onto the loudspeaker. “Hello? Test! Is this thing -bzzzt- on? Ah, yes, it is. I’ve been notified that many of the inventions did not make it to the faire, or had been stolen in the last few days. This is a terrible occurrence that -bzzzzt- rarely occurs, I assure you. Many of the transport mediums ran into trouble, including lava, ice, lightning storms, attacks from Beastclans, -bzzzzt- and a number of other factors. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you can enjoy the rest of the World Faire.” His voice sounded really stressed. He must be quite panicked since he seems to be in charge of at least part of this event.

After a good night’s sleep you’re determined to remake your invention before judging begins. You’ve thought over what part is most essential to start with, and have decided the engine should be the part you need to find or make first. After all, if the invention has no way of doing anything, what is it useful for? The helpful Ridgeback guard from last night (Choice C Dragons) showed you where you could find parts from leftover inventions from previous years that you could borrow from. Of course he warned you sternly that flat-out stealing an invention is wrong, and you’re only allowed to use parts to make your own invention. The Stormcatcher would know if you stole a previous invention; he remembers each one and who made it.

You go to Storage 1, where the leftover inventions are and begin rummaging through the boxes. What kind of engine do you want?
A) You find a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It’s fairly light and small in your paw.
B) There’s a five cylinder car engine here! You examine the large engine, and realize it is incredibly heavy too.
C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
D) Just when you’re about to give up, you find a hamster wheel. Lucky you.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4890540] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/48906/4890540_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 2[/b] Tyran thinks over his options while it takes some time he thinks the battery are too small the car engine is to heavy which is weird seeing last time he checked the car hadn't even been invented yet eventually thinking the tubes and coil are the best option![b]C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]

4890540_350.png

Day 2 Tyran thinks over his options while it takes some time he thinks the battery are too small the car engine is to heavy which is weird seeing last time he checked the car hadn't even been invented yet eventually thinking the tubes and coil are the best option!C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12438391] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/124384/12438391_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 2[/b] "Alright alright alright, what're my choices?" Vangerdahast's mood had improved greatly, with a new spark of hope. So many choices, so many possibilities. Perhaps he wouldn't be a laughing stock after all. He stood there for a considerable amount of time, stroking his short beard. Car engine or wires? That small box could be useful. So could the hamster wheel. Hamster generated energy! That could be a thing! Eventually, he settled on the five cylinder car engine. [i]What even is a car? Eh, not important.[/i] Bigger is better, he mused to himself, as he went to haul out the [b]B) five cylinder car engine.[/b] The dragon in the room with him watched on in amusement, at the young Imperial's monologue.

12438391_350.png

Day 2

"Alright alright alright, what're my choices?"

Vangerdahast's mood had improved greatly, with a new spark of hope. So many choices, so many possibilities.

Perhaps he wouldn't be a laughing stock after all. He stood there for a considerable amount of time, stroking his short beard. Car engine or wires? That small box could be useful. So could the hamster wheel. Hamster generated energy! That could be a thing!

Eventually, he settled on the five cylinder car engine.

What even is a car? Eh, not important.

Bigger is better, he mused to himself, as he went to haul out the B) five cylinder car engine.

The dragon in the room with him watched on in amusement, at the young Imperial's monologue.
+19 FR Time
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3370147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/33702/3370147_350.png[/img] [/url] Aki mulls over his findings. "None of these are what I need. Batteries are too small, cylinder engine's too big, and where am I going to find electricity to power this coil? We might be in Lightning but even here electricity doesn't just float around." He winces as a bolt flies over his head. "Or at least, easily-harness electricity." He pokes the hamster wheel. "I'm not even going to try this. There's not even a hamster! How am I supposed to use a hamster wheel without the hamster? It's too small for even a fae to fit in, so it's not like I could [i]acquire[/i] the help of a passing fae." He turns back to the giant engine. "On the other hand, I could ask for some help in moving this. Should be easy for a large Ridgeback to carry out for me." Decision made, he heads out to find the staff member from before (or any other helpful-looking large dragon). [b]B) The Car Engine[/b]

3370147_350.png

Aki mulls over his findings. "None of these are what I need. Batteries are too small, cylinder engine's too big, and where am I going to find electricity to power this coil? We might be in Lightning but even here electricity doesn't just float around." He winces as a bolt flies over his head. "Or at least, easily-harness electricity."

He pokes the hamster wheel. "I'm not even going to try this. There's not even a hamster! How am I supposed to use a hamster wheel without the hamster? It's too small for even a fae to fit in, so it's not like I could acquire the help of a passing fae."

He turns back to the giant engine. "On the other hand, I could ask for some help in moving this. Should be easy for a large Ridgeback to carry out for me." Decision made, he heads out to find the staff member from before (or any other helpful-looking large dragon).

B) The Car Engine
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4774352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47744/4774352_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Alright, rebuilding time[/i]. Tesla sets his face into a determined, even gaze, then dives full-bodied into the piles of abandoned inventions. His golem is pulled by its electric link and struggles to keep up. His Voltspire Intruder familiar stares lazily after him for a moment, then plops down to rest beside the pile. There's a clang, then an [b]'OW!'[/b] as Tesla bangs up against a huge, heavy metal engine. "Useless!" he snorts, and then scrambles over it. A few moments later, the fae reemerges into the room, trailing all sorts of wires and tubes after him. He comes back towards the entrance with a satisfied smile, polishing lengths of tubing with the long tails of his scarf. "Look here!" he calls to the bear, gesturing to his prize. "It's a little big for me, but I think I can use it! Something using raw electricity is sure to please the Boss, don't you think? And thanks to you, I've got electricity in spades..." he nodded with a grin to the electrodes humming quietly along the bear's flanks. For its part, the Voltspire Intruder gave a half-interested sniff at the tubes, before yawning and flopping his head back down again. [b]C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]

4774352_350.png

Alright, rebuilding time. Tesla sets his face into a determined, even gaze, then dives full-bodied into the piles of abandoned inventions. His golem is pulled by its electric link and struggles to keep up. His Voltspire Intruder familiar stares lazily after him for a moment, then plops down to rest beside the pile. There's a clang, then an 'OW!' as Tesla bangs up against a huge, heavy metal engine. "Useless!" he snorts, and then scrambles over it. A few moments later, the fae reemerges into the room, trailing all sorts of wires and tubes after him. He comes back towards the entrance with a satisfied smile, polishing lengths of tubing with the long tails of his scarf.
"Look here!" he calls to the bear, gesturing to his prize. "It's a little big for me, but I think I can use it! Something using raw electricity is sure to please the Boss, don't you think? And thanks to you, I've got electricity in spades..." he nodded with a grin to the electrodes humming quietly along the bear's flanks.
For its part, the Voltspire Intruder gave a half-interested sniff at the tubes, before yawning and flopping his head back down again.

Flux rummaged around the pile of spare parts. The previous participants sure had a lot of variety... not that it benefited him. There were hundreds of useful gadgets, but none of them were quite what he was looking for. They were either too big, too heavy, or too complicated.

At the end of the struggle, Flux finally settled for A) a little lightweight case meant to hold batteries.
Flux rummaged around the pile of spare parts. The previous participants sure had a lot of variety... not that it benefited him. There were hundreds of useful gadgets, but none of them were quite what he was looking for. They were either too big, too heavy, or too complicated.

At the end of the struggle, Flux finally settled for A) a little lightweight case meant to hold batteries.
*cOUgh*
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11803062][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/118031/11803062.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13610624][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/136107/13610624.png[/img][/url][/center] After a day of bickering about how they lost their wonderful invention for the faire Telsa and Hertz totally forgot about making sure to sign in and get settled. [indent]"You had to stop!" Telsa grimaced at his much larger partner, "You had to loose sight of it!"[/indent] Tesla's designs were very precious to him and even though he's usually a relaxed skydancer, he was ticked off. In the background you could hear a blue imperial, [indent]"Oh. ok. Thank you for your help." He completely ignored Tesla's rant and asked a ridgeback about parts and came back over to his mentor. "The ridgeback over there said we can use these parts."[/indent] He pointed his tail to the old storage room and with that the two gentleman disappeared inside. After much searching, the two dragons came up with two different power sources, a small battery case and some copper wires. [indent]"I can always make these work." Hertz noted, pointing to the coils.[/indent] He was a lightning dragon by birth, he grew up next to these things. Tesla paused for a second before nodding in agreement. It was probably their best bet. ((Man. I saw it was green, I grinded a bit trying to get my thoughts together for the post, came back and it was red. Oh well :/ Anyway if you can't tell for [b]Day 2[/b] I choose[b] C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]))
11803062.png13610624.png

After a day of bickering about how they lost their wonderful invention for the faire Telsa and Hertz totally forgot about making sure to sign in and get settled.
"You had to stop!" Telsa grimaced at his much larger partner, "You had to loose sight of it!"
Tesla's designs were very precious to him and even though he's usually a relaxed skydancer, he was ticked off. In the background you could hear a blue imperial,
"Oh. ok. Thank you for your help." He completely ignored Tesla's rant and asked a ridgeback about parts and came back over to his mentor. "The ridgeback over there said we can use these parts."
He pointed his tail to the old storage room and with that the two gentleman disappeared inside.

After much searching, the two dragons came up with two different power sources, a small battery case and some copper wires.
"I can always make these work." Hertz noted, pointing to the coils.
He was a lightning dragon by birth, he grew up next to these things. Tesla paused for a second before nodding in agreement. It was probably their best bet.

((Man. I saw it was green, I grinded a bit trying to get my thoughts together for the post, came back and it was red. Oh well :/ Anyway if you can't tell for Day 2 I choose C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.))
VE5UCDSz7jPciSXi.gif ||
||
||
||
Clan Helianthe
She/Her || +2 FR Time || Wind || Lore Lair || #144517

Perpetually busy insomiac in love with D&D, ARPGs & Dragons
Screaming over there is my constant mood, Helios
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9716247] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/97163/9716247_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]This smaller case might work, but I'd have to find some spare batteries around here and I've already wasted enough time. That large engine's too big to carry, though. Hmm, looks like this baby could use some good old fashioned lightning to get up and running in no time. Good thing I've been brushing up on my magic recently . . .[/i] [b]C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]

9716247_350.png

This smaller case might work, but I'd have to find some spare batteries around here and I've already wasted enough time. That large engine's too big to carry, though. Hmm, looks like this baby could use some good old fashioned lightning to get up and running in no time. Good thing I've been brushing up on my magic recently . . .

Day 2

Xen was pleased to run into the ridgeback, and even more pleased when he was presented with the rummage room of abandoned projects. Nothing could have been more splendid or convenient. The varieties of materials available could easily be used to build a new invention. He tapped his chin and thanked the dragon profusely before flitting about the room to find where to begin. He was dusting off a box in the corner when he heard the sound over the loudspeaker.

He wasn't sure he liked what he heard.

Beastclans, storms, lava; such terrible things. His mind wandered briefly to what Cynfal would have run into and settled on the likelyhood of the Mirror just being poor at his job. His invention was likely buried in the desert somewhere. Pity.
Xen turned his attention back to the storage room and yawned. The trip had been longer than he thought. He flew back to his storage to grab Ursa before returning to the leftovers room; if so many projects had gone missing, surely there would be others coming in to pick through the pieces. He stood a better chance at defending his claims with a Livewire Grizzly by his side. The pair curled up and headed off to sleep. Work would resume in the morning.

Xen was awoken by calls from his golem, though Ursa deigned to remain asleep. That's fine, he thought. He didn't need Ursa to get to work. He needed to draft plans. He needed to start something.
Xen pulled a piece of chalk from his boots and began to draw out his plans on the storage room floor. He'd seen a number of items the night before; bits and pieces of old things, but power should be his focus. What exactly was he going to make? He pondered. It should be something practical, to help the everyday dragon. After some consideration his eye caught A) a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It wouldn't be powerful, but it could be efficient, provided he could find something so use as batteries.
Day 2

Xen was pleased to run into the ridgeback, and even more pleased when he was presented with the rummage room of abandoned projects. Nothing could have been more splendid or convenient. The varieties of materials available could easily be used to build a new invention. He tapped his chin and thanked the dragon profusely before flitting about the room to find where to begin. He was dusting off a box in the corner when he heard the sound over the loudspeaker.

He wasn't sure he liked what he heard.

Beastclans, storms, lava; such terrible things. His mind wandered briefly to what Cynfal would have run into and settled on the likelyhood of the Mirror just being poor at his job. His invention was likely buried in the desert somewhere. Pity.
Xen turned his attention back to the storage room and yawned. The trip had been longer than he thought. He flew back to his storage to grab Ursa before returning to the leftovers room; if so many projects had gone missing, surely there would be others coming in to pick through the pieces. He stood a better chance at defending his claims with a Livewire Grizzly by his side. The pair curled up and headed off to sleep. Work would resume in the morning.

Xen was awoken by calls from his golem, though Ursa deigned to remain asleep. That's fine, he thought. He didn't need Ursa to get to work. He needed to draft plans. He needed to start something.
Xen pulled a piece of chalk from his boots and began to draw out his plans on the storage room floor. He'd seen a number of items the night before; bits and pieces of old things, but power should be his focus. What exactly was he going to make? He pondered. It should be something practical, to help the everyday dragon. After some consideration his eye caught A) a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It wouldn't be powerful, but it could be efficient, provided he could find something so use as batteries.
2irkjyq.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9694721][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/96948/9694721.png[/img][/url] RUN PROTOCOL 1 SEARCHING FOR PARTS... NO PARTS FOUND. SEARCH AGAIN? (Y/N) (Y) NO PARTS FOUND. SEARCH AGAIN? (Y/N) (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(YYYYYYY) PART FOUND! ERROR CODE 4 PART = UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY USELESS IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY. CONTINUE? (Y/N) ... (Y). [B](Day Two: D) Just when you’re about to give up, you find a hamster wheel. Lucky you.) [/B]
9694721.png

RUN PROTOCOL 1

SEARCHING FOR PARTS...

NO PARTS FOUND.
SEARCH AGAIN? (Y/N)

(Y)

NO PARTS FOUND.
SEARCH AGAIN? (Y/N)

(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(YYYYYYY)

PART FOUND!

ERROR CODE 4
PART = UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY USELESS IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY.

CONTINUE? (Y/N)

(Y).

(Day Two: D) Just when you’re about to give up, you find a hamster wheel. Lucky you.)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 53 54