Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | (Closed!)
1 2
I adopted Solarflare a while back, but now that I've solidified my lore, I don't think we need a blacksmith. I'd like to see this handsome fellow off to a good home! He was sent to me with his skin and apparel, so I will be sending those along. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40920702] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/409208/40920702_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] I don't want people snatching him just for his goods, so I ask that users interested in adopting him submit lore. At least 350 words. I'll look through everyone's entries and decide who keeps him later.
I adopted Solarflare a while back, but now that I've solidified my lore, I don't think we need a blacksmith. I'd like to see this handsome fellow off to a good home! He was sent to me with his skin and apparel, so I will be sending those along.

I don't want people snatching him just for his goods, so I ask that users interested in adopting him submit lore. At least 350 words. I'll look through everyone's entries and decide who keeps him later.
Heads up! My username has a L not an I!
35955.png42916.png Skin/Accent Shop.
@lassavus

I would very much like to adopt him and give him a Home! Should I post my lore on here?
@lassavus

I would very much like to adopt him and give him a Home! Should I post my lore on here?
mbl2fH5.png
@FreakingHolmes

Yes! Here is fine. :3
@FreakingHolmes

Yes! Here is fine. :3
@lassavus

Okay, done! I hope this is okay :)

In the beginning of the creation of Earth, during The First Age, there was the well known Flamecaller, a dragon of flames and lava, and the Earthshaker, creates of mountains and the rocks of which we tread on. But what no one knows was that before the battle between the four main elemental dragons, the Flamecaller and the Earthshaker briefly fell in love, and created a child. The Earthshaker took three days to form a body from the strongest materials of earth, so that his child could never be hurt. The Flamecaller spilled her blood over the structure, lava flowing through it’s newly created veins, and thus, Solarflare was born. However, as the battle struggled on, the Flamecaller and the Earthshaker grew distant, anger and their differences creating a raging hate between them. They battled over the Earth, as did the other elements, and Solarflare was hidden away. In a battle like this, with so much destruction, no on could know about Solarflare, and his existence had to remain unknown to all others. By the time that the gods had formed the World Pillar, Solarflare was left without anyone, and so he resigned to a life of solitude. He had no purpose in life, no idea what to do with himself, as his body had been made immortal by his creators. As time passed, he started listening more, and caught the whispers of the elements that he was born of. He had a duty, to the earth and the flames that seeped through him. He was to protect the earth wherever he may go, to keep peace within his realm so that no one would ever have to suffer, so that no one would ever have to feel the pain that he felt when his creators mercilessly battled.
@lassavus

Okay, done! I hope this is okay :)

In the beginning of the creation of Earth, during The First Age, there was the well known Flamecaller, a dragon of flames and lava, and the Earthshaker, creates of mountains and the rocks of which we tread on. But what no one knows was that before the battle between the four main elemental dragons, the Flamecaller and the Earthshaker briefly fell in love, and created a child. The Earthshaker took three days to form a body from the strongest materials of earth, so that his child could never be hurt. The Flamecaller spilled her blood over the structure, lava flowing through it’s newly created veins, and thus, Solarflare was born. However, as the battle struggled on, the Flamecaller and the Earthshaker grew distant, anger and their differences creating a raging hate between them. They battled over the Earth, as did the other elements, and Solarflare was hidden away. In a battle like this, with so much destruction, no on could know about Solarflare, and his existence had to remain unknown to all others. By the time that the gods had formed the World Pillar, Solarflare was left without anyone, and so he resigned to a life of solitude. He had no purpose in life, no idea what to do with himself, as his body had been made immortal by his creators. As time passed, he started listening more, and caught the whispers of the elements that he was born of. He had a duty, to the earth and the flames that seeped through him. He was to protect the earth wherever he may go, to keep peace within his realm so that no one would ever have to suffer, so that no one would ever have to feel the pain that he felt when his creators mercilessly battled.
mbl2fH5.png
@lassavus

Solarflare has always known he was destined for greatness. During his youth, he lived in a carefree, nomadic wind clan, but he never felt quite at home among his clanmates. As soon as he came of age, he bid his clanmates goodbye and struck out on his own to make a life for himself as an adventurer. From then on, he spent his days traveling all across Sonerith, and eventually he began collecting and selling relics he found on his journeys. He found something about their ancient mystery compelling, but no matter what he did, he could never shake the feeling he was destined for something greater. Something permanent. Something as immortal and fantastic as the artifacts he traded.

Then, one fateful day, he set his claws on tome of fire spells, full of ancient rituals and rites for magical metalcraft, he knew he had just found how he would fulfil his destiny. Immediately, he set to work learning the arts of metalcraft and enchanting. He quickly found that his magical heritage was a detriment to his studies, but he worked all the harder to overcome the challenge. When he had finally finished his masterwork, a gilded crown that increased the wearer's strength tenfold, he embarked on a pilgrimage to present it to the Flamecaller.

The Flamecaller was impressed by his tenacity, but found his skill lacking. However, she saw in him the passion and will of her own children, and his dedication to his craft moved her. She told him as much, and bestowed upon him the power of fire magic, transforming his scales into magma and marking him with a flaming halo and her own symbol. Solarflare suddenly felt more at home than he had ever felt in his life, and he instantly vowed to dedicate the rest of his life to forging a true masterwork in the Flamecaller's name. He now researches everything he can find, speaking with scholars, exploring abandoned lairs, examining the works of great fire dragons of the past--even investigating the craft of alchemy--all in the name of living up to the gift of fire that the Flamecaller blessed him with and seeking the immortality he knows is just within his grasp.
@lassavus

Solarflare has always known he was destined for greatness. During his youth, he lived in a carefree, nomadic wind clan, but he never felt quite at home among his clanmates. As soon as he came of age, he bid his clanmates goodbye and struck out on his own to make a life for himself as an adventurer. From then on, he spent his days traveling all across Sonerith, and eventually he began collecting and selling relics he found on his journeys. He found something about their ancient mystery compelling, but no matter what he did, he could never shake the feeling he was destined for something greater. Something permanent. Something as immortal and fantastic as the artifacts he traded.

Then, one fateful day, he set his claws on tome of fire spells, full of ancient rituals and rites for magical metalcraft, he knew he had just found how he would fulfil his destiny. Immediately, he set to work learning the arts of metalcraft and enchanting. He quickly found that his magical heritage was a detriment to his studies, but he worked all the harder to overcome the challenge. When he had finally finished his masterwork, a gilded crown that increased the wearer's strength tenfold, he embarked on a pilgrimage to present it to the Flamecaller.

The Flamecaller was impressed by his tenacity, but found his skill lacking. However, she saw in him the passion and will of her own children, and his dedication to his craft moved her. She told him as much, and bestowed upon him the power of fire magic, transforming his scales into magma and marking him with a flaming halo and her own symbol. Solarflare suddenly felt more at home than he had ever felt in his life, and he instantly vowed to dedicate the rest of his life to forging a true masterwork in the Flamecaller's name. He now researches everything he can find, speaking with scholars, exploring abandoned lairs, examining the works of great fire dragons of the past--even investigating the craft of alchemy--all in the name of living up to the gift of fire that the Flamecaller blessed him with and seeking the immortality he knows is just within his grasp.
egg trade
paladin as in the d&d class
they/them
^
^
@lassavus

Solarflare often spent his time as a hatchling making things. He used wood and pelts to craft magnificent forts and machines. His ability to craft anything from nothing became well-known within the clan.

However, he was discontented with his lack of control over the materials. If he tried to bend a stick, more often than not it would break and all he would get for his trouble was a palm full of wood splinters. Pelts could only drape over things, they had no structure of their own.

One day, traders came in to town, a now grown Solarflare heard the ringing of metal on metal, and smelled the smoke of the hot fire. Curious, he wandered closer to the noise and discovered a booth. Smoke billowed from the entrance, and he walked cautiously in.

Inside, he saw a dragon, face blackened by smoke except where her goggles covered her eyes. She was single-handedly operating a bellows and hammering the captivating red metal at the same time. The peal of the hammer as it looks pounded the metal into a shape that only the blacksmith knew, rang in his ears and stayed there.

He watched silently, the tongues of flame reflecting in his eyes. The blacksmith continued her hammering, choosing to ignore him. Smoke whirled around him, softly whispering the secrets of the flame.

Eventually, the female skydancer gave a grunt of frustration, grabbed the hot metal with a pair of tongs, and plunged it into a nearby bucket of water. She clearly hadn't been able to coax the shape had wanted from the unyielding metal. She pulled her goggles down, off her face, revealing unusual golden irises that glowed slightly like embers.

When pressed on why he was here Solarflare explained that he had simply followed the sound of the hammering. He asked if it was possible that he could try hammering a sheet of metal into submission.

The skydancer sized him up critically, then she tossed him the hammer. It was heavier than expected, and Solarflare nearly dropped it on his foot. The skydancer smirked. She placed a red sheet of metal on the anvil before him.

He hefted the heavy hammer and brought it down hard. The metal barely yielded. He tried swinging at an angle and was rewarded with a satisfying crumple. He swung with increased fury and the metal finally smoothed with every swing. He knew exactly where to swing to get what shape. He forged a rough, but functional, shield.

The skydancer stepped back, impressed. Solarflare had intimate talent.

After that first experience, Solarflare found himself longing for the stifling smoke an scorching heat of the flame. He approached the skydancer and asked if he could be apprenticed. A curt yes sparked their partnership.

He learned and practiced. Soon, the student had surpassed the master, and he took over as the main blacksmith of the duo.

Over the years, he has improved tremendously, fashioning massive war-hammers and delicate leaves with equal skill and dexterity. He is blessed with this instinctual talent by the Flamecaller, and never fails to thank her for his talents before forging anything.

....sorry it's rough. I only had ten minutes to spend on it... If I adopt him it will improve.

The Skydancer in question lives in my lair. She doesn't have a mate yet...
@lassavus

Solarflare often spent his time as a hatchling making things. He used wood and pelts to craft magnificent forts and machines. His ability to craft anything from nothing became well-known within the clan.

However, he was discontented with his lack of control over the materials. If he tried to bend a stick, more often than not it would break and all he would get for his trouble was a palm full of wood splinters. Pelts could only drape over things, they had no structure of their own.

One day, traders came in to town, a now grown Solarflare heard the ringing of metal on metal, and smelled the smoke of the hot fire. Curious, he wandered closer to the noise and discovered a booth. Smoke billowed from the entrance, and he walked cautiously in.

Inside, he saw a dragon, face blackened by smoke except where her goggles covered her eyes. She was single-handedly operating a bellows and hammering the captivating red metal at the same time. The peal of the hammer as it looks pounded the metal into a shape that only the blacksmith knew, rang in his ears and stayed there.

He watched silently, the tongues of flame reflecting in his eyes. The blacksmith continued her hammering, choosing to ignore him. Smoke whirled around him, softly whispering the secrets of the flame.

Eventually, the female skydancer gave a grunt of frustration, grabbed the hot metal with a pair of tongs, and plunged it into a nearby bucket of water. She clearly hadn't been able to coax the shape had wanted from the unyielding metal. She pulled her goggles down, off her face, revealing unusual golden irises that glowed slightly like embers.

When pressed on why he was here Solarflare explained that he had simply followed the sound of the hammering. He asked if it was possible that he could try hammering a sheet of metal into submission.

The skydancer sized him up critically, then she tossed him the hammer. It was heavier than expected, and Solarflare nearly dropped it on his foot. The skydancer smirked. She placed a red sheet of metal on the anvil before him.

He hefted the heavy hammer and brought it down hard. The metal barely yielded. He tried swinging at an angle and was rewarded with a satisfying crumple. He swung with increased fury and the metal finally smoothed with every swing. He knew exactly where to swing to get what shape. He forged a rough, but functional, shield.

The skydancer stepped back, impressed. Solarflare had intimate talent.

After that first experience, Solarflare found himself longing for the stifling smoke an scorching heat of the flame. He approached the skydancer and asked if he could be apprenticed. A curt yes sparked their partnership.

He learned and practiced. Soon, the student had surpassed the master, and he took over as the main blacksmith of the duo.

Over the years, he has improved tremendously, fashioning massive war-hammers and delicate leaves with equal skill and dexterity. He is blessed with this instinctual talent by the Flamecaller, and never fails to thank her for his talents before forging anything.

....sorry it's rough. I only had ten minutes to spend on it... If I adopt him it will improve.

The Skydancer in question lives in my lair. She doesn't have a mate yet...
Art shop.

Free Genes.
@lightwolf6

You're welcome to edit it! I'll likely be bumping this until Tuesday. I didn't want to close it too soon in the event others wanted to enter, but haven't had time to write.

@lightwolf6

You're welcome to edit it! I'll likely be bumping this until Tuesday. I didn't want to close it too soon in the event others wanted to enter, but haven't had time to write.

@lassavus

Hi! Just checking, how long is this going to go on for? No pressure, I’m just curious!

I hope you have a wonderful day!
@lassavus

Hi! Just checking, how long is this going to go on for? No pressure, I’m just curious!

I hope you have a wonderful day!
mbl2fH5.png
@FreakingHolmes

No, you're fine!

I intended to close this back on Tuesday, but I had such a hard time picking between you all I messaged some friends to ask for their input on everyone's submission. Then I wrote my reply to everyone Thursday night and got kicked off because of rollover. :'D

I've been caught up with work since then, so I'm really, really sorry I'm just getting back to this! I'll be writing another post after this.

@FreakingHolmes

No, you're fine!

I intended to close this back on Tuesday, but I had such a hard time picking between you all I messaged some friends to ask for their input on everyone's submission. Then I wrote my reply to everyone Thursday night and got kicked off because of rollover. :'D

I've been caught up with work since then, so I'm really, really sorry I'm just getting back to this! I'll be writing another post after this.

1 2