Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 144 145
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Torrent [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=apple size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food and Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Yes [b]My RP post[/b]: (see later)
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Torrent
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food and Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes
My RP post: (see later)
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Mochi [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=gust size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Feeling emboldened by his newfound armor and full belly, Mochi decides to get closer to where his clan calls home. Closer and closer to the wyrmwound, Mochi is careful - he hadn't really studied this place up close...
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Mochi
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post: Feeling emboldened by his newfound armor and full belly, Mochi decides to get closer to where his clan calls home. Closer and closer to the wyrmwound, Mochi is careful - he hadn't really studied this place up close...
3111a7b71da4821097a3076f90d4535330cf0c25.png
@Kryptica

What a rude dragon, Ripple thought. Maybe this place just made everyone a little bit on edge.

"Well, most places can be brutal if you don't know what you're doing," she lowered a voice in a conspiratorial manner, "Believe it or not, even the Windswept Plain can be a harsh place."

She flew a small loop in the air and tried to peer around the other Fae. "Did you happen to get a gift from one of the locals?"
@Kryptica

What a rude dragon, Ripple thought. Maybe this place just made everyone a little bit on edge.

"Well, most places can be brutal if you don't know what you're doing," she lowered a voice in a conspiratorial manner, "Believe it or not, even the Windswept Plain can be a harsh place."

She flew a small loop in the air and tried to peer around the other Fae. "Did you happen to get a gift from one of the locals?"
lohf4Mo.png
@BoggyMcBogface

Gremlin lifted her claws protectively over her bag, looking her eyes on the flying fae. Strange fella. "Maybe. Why should you know? I'm not giving you any! They're mine!" She almost hissed last part, backing away a step or two. No-one would touch her shinies if she didn't want to!
@BoggyMcBogface

Gremlin lifted her claws protectively over her bag, looking her eyes on the flying fae. Strange fella. "Maybe. Why should you know? I'm not giving you any! They're mine!" She almost hissed last part, backing away a step or two. No-one would touch her shinies if she didn't want to!
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
@Antigen ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/449973/44997296p.png[/img] The ominous 'bird' flying overhead was enough to get Delta to kick it into high gear. She took off, galloping across the plain in an effort to lose the strange, headless creature. This proved futile, as it only circled closer. Just as she was about to turn around to fight it, a skull appeared from the collar. The Guardian gasped, skidding to a stop. The creature flew over her and what she recognized to be a goblin bailed, hitting the ground hard as its ride flew away. The goblin hissed as she grew closer, so she stood still instead. As the minutes passed, it slowly got closer. Until it was finally close enough to climb onto her back. Which is exactly what it did.[/center]
@Antigen
44997296p.png

The ominous 'bird' flying overhead was enough to get Delta to kick it into high gear. She took off, galloping across the plain in an effort to lose the strange, headless creature. This proved futile, as it only circled closer.

Just as she was about to turn around to fight it, a skull appeared from the collar. The Guardian gasped, skidding to a stop. The creature flew over her and what she recognized to be a goblin bailed, hitting the ground hard as its ride flew away.

The goblin hissed as she grew closer, so she stood still instead. As the minutes passed, it slowly got closer. Until it was finally close enough to climb onto her back. Which is exactly what it did.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Delta [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=pink star size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Now with three companions, Delta was happy. She talked idly as she trekked, even if none of them could talk. She soon found herself on the Wrymwound's rim once more. She was so caught up in her own world, that she didn't notice a Spiral off in the distance. [s]@Alfamangle[/s]
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Delta
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
My RP post: Now with three companions, Delta was happy. She talked idly as she trekked, even if none of them could talk. She soon found herself on the Wrymwound's rim once more.

She was so caught up in her own world, that she didn't notice a Spiral off in the distance. @Alfamangle
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

Torrent continued to cough, trecking through the rim. He got all that he needed, and he was sure that there was no seafood in the wyrmwound. He searched through his bag, making sure he was grabbing the right flask and chugged away. His hippogriff followed close behind as his cat pawwed himfor some meat. Torrent looked behind him to see a large purple blue thing in the distance, so he quickly packed up his things and continued walking, in fear of leaving behind the cat.
@DisastrousAbsol

Torrent continued to cough, trecking through the rim. He got all that he needed, and he was sure that there was no seafood in the wyrmwound. He searched through his bag, making sure he was grabbing the right flask and chugged away. His hippogriff followed close behind as his cat pawwed himfor some meat. Torrent looked behind him to see a large purple blue thing in the distance, so he quickly packed up his things and continued walking, in fear of leaving behind the cat.
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47099107] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/470992/47099107_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=cauldron size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Yes [b]My RP post[/b]: The mirror sniffed around the edges of the badlands wondering what things he might bump into.. he had had a vision of something... much larger than himself but he had no idea what was to come.
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:
47099107_350.png

My map marker is:

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes
My RP post: The mirror sniffed around the edges of the badlands wondering what things he might bump into.. he had had a vision of something... much larger than himself but he had no idea what was to come.
8HJ5652.png8hZb6VZ.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50018330] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500184/50018330_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=gear size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No (maybe? unsure..) [b]My RP post[/b]: By the time Archer cut his speed he had found himself in an area where the ground was slightly less squishy. This land had bones littered everywhere. They were scattered on the ground, sometimes next to other bones that together still clearly showed what they used to be. Here was an arm, there half a meter away was a leg, and closer to that was half a skeleton that looked like it was attempting to crawl out of the dirt. Others were so broken they were nothing but shards of once-living confetti. A memory tried to play from Archer's memory banks and he canceled the action as fast as he could, but not before a still image from the beginning of the memory flashed into his mind for barely a second. Broken white bones and tattered flesh gave way to the broken metal shells and tattered wires of the failures. He stood completely still, shutting down some tasks such as his legs and a few other non-essentials to allow his scanners more space and resources to search the area and distract himself from that image. It was here another distraction came in the form of a ridgeback that made no sense. Archer had been so focused on finding valuables at that moment that he had automatically ignored his sensors picking up anything else. He had been startled when she showed up and his head whipped towards her so quickly it would have snapped the necks of weaker, organic dragons. All of his scanning power that he had been using for valuables focused on her and his brain was immediately overloaded with the sheer amount of useful (armor non-functional, non-combative supplies, art?, frantic non-aggressive movements-) and useless (mnd 7, wingspan 18.88M, oxygen intake 30 bpm, red-) information it was trying to meticulously process that he had nothing to spare to restart the tasks he had turned off. The gears in his limbs and chest stayed silent as the electrical currents in his head sparked in the closest approximation to panic Archer’s body could get. He stared at her unable to move, like a deer staring at bright lights in the dark as she pulled out a canvas and started painting. His mind went in circles processing all information every microsecond that was only stopped when she had left and there was nothing to process. His mind was clearing up and he took this sudden free processing power to restart his legs and hands. He opened a mental note and recorded this event so that he would remember to not turn off movement and put everything in scanning again. Had it been a more aggressive dragon, his metal pieces would add to the gleaming white bone shards of the failures here. He canceled a memory that tried to play. A painting was left behind where she once stood and he walked towards it to see what it was. It was painting of snow. Cold, icy snow that blanketed the unmoving landscape with faded silhouettes of trees in the background. The most noticeable thing in it was a pair of dark antlers in the center of the piece. Once-living remnants of something that once was strong and moving and [i]alive[/i]. Possibly still alive. Archer wondered why she had been staring at him as she painted, he was nowhere in the painting as far as his scanners could tell. Regardless, the clan liked the cold. This might be valuable. He shoved this too into the chest and moved on, this time at the pace he originally started this search on. Efficiency is better than speed.
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:
50018330_350.png

My map marker is:

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No (maybe? unsure..)
My RP post:
By the time Archer cut his speed he had found himself in an area where the ground was slightly less squishy. This land had bones littered everywhere. They were scattered on the ground, sometimes next to other bones that together still clearly showed what they used to be. Here was an arm, there half a meter away was a leg, and closer to that was half a skeleton that looked like it was attempting to crawl out of the dirt. Others were so broken they were nothing but shards of once-living confetti. A memory tried to play from Archer's memory banks and he canceled the action as fast as he could, but not before a still image from the beginning of the memory flashed into his mind for barely a second. Broken white bones and tattered flesh gave way to the broken metal shells and tattered wires of the failures.

He stood completely still, shutting down some tasks such as his legs and a few other non-essentials to allow his scanners more space and resources to search the area and distract himself from that image. It was here another distraction came in the form of a ridgeback that made no sense. Archer had been so focused on finding valuables at that moment that he had automatically ignored his sensors picking up anything else. He had been startled when she showed up and his head whipped towards her so quickly it would have snapped the necks of weaker, organic dragons.

All of his scanning power that he had been using for valuables focused on her and his brain was immediately overloaded with the sheer amount of useful (armor non-functional, non-combative supplies, art?, frantic non-aggressive movements-) and useless (mnd 7, wingspan 18.88M, oxygen intake 30 bpm, red-) information it was trying to meticulously process that he had nothing to spare to restart the tasks he had turned off. The gears in his limbs and chest stayed silent as the electrical currents in his head sparked in the closest approximation to panic Archer’s body could get. He stared at her unable to move, like a deer staring at bright lights in the dark as she pulled out a canvas and started painting.

His mind went in circles processing all information every microsecond that was only stopped when she had left and there was nothing to process. His mind was clearing up and he took this sudden free processing power to restart his legs and hands. He opened a mental note and recorded this event so that he would remember to not turn off movement and put everything in scanning again. Had it been a more aggressive dragon, his metal pieces would add to the gleaming white bone shards of the failures here. He canceled a memory that tried to play.

A painting was left behind where she once stood and he walked towards it to see what it was. It was painting of snow. Cold, icy snow that blanketed the unmoving landscape with faded silhouettes of trees in the background. The most noticeable thing in it was a pair of dark antlers in the center of the piece. Once-living remnants of something that once was strong and moving and alive. Possibly still alive.

Archer wondered why she had been staring at him as she painted, he was nowhere in the painting as far as his scanners could tell. Regardless, the clan liked the cold. This might be valuable. He shoved this too into the chest and moved on, this time at the pace he originally started this search on. Efficiency is better than speed.
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Kiliac [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=red vial size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Kiliac knew it was a mistake to look the ridgeback in the eyes. Until that point the journey had been far tamer than she had expected. A few brushes against local fauna, a stare-down or two across the Wasteland with dragons who didn’t even bother her in the end. It had softened her defenses. They met on the road as Kiliac entered the Abiding Boneyard. As it was, they would have passed by in opposite directions—never more than a second of contact. Kiliac looked up briefly to acknowledge the ridgeback’s presence. A quick, nonthreatening gesture. But the ridgeback caught her gaze and something…changed. A sort of strange connection, in that instance. Kiliac froze. So did the ridgeback. The ridgeback was tall and elegant, far larger than even Kiliac. She was adorned in decorative armor and looping curls of rose-thorns. A bleached white crown of bones sat primly upon her head, wisps of writhing black smoke wreathing through each upturned prong. Her gaze was firm, her eyes a deep, glittering red. Kiliac tried to lower her eyes and keep moving. But her body was stiff as a board. The ridgeback spoke in a steady, rich voice, [center][b]"Come closer, come closer... ah, yes."[/b][/center] Kiliac’s body rebelled against her own will, stepping forward gingerly. [center][b]”Yes, you inspire my creative soul,"[/b] ghostly hands manifested around the ridgeback, each one gripping brushes, palettes, and canvases, [b]”to paint! Let me look into your eyes and down into your secrets, and I will manifest the piece that speaks to me from within.[/b][/center] Kiliac’s body drew into a sitting position. The ridgeback levied a searching look upon her, the grasping hands flicking about, dabbing paint on canvases and fiddling with a number of artistic implements. Kiliac could only watch the process detachedly, unable to pry her eyes away from the ridgeback’s piercing gaze. After what seemed to be an eternity, the ridgeback herself looked away, focusing on the pieces she had created. A few moments of silent debate followed, then Kiliac was presented with a small canvas. [center][b]"There!" Take, take! Off you go!"[/b][/center] All at once, Kiliac’s limbs were free. Her paws gripped the painting numbly, each talon digging into the acrylics with a sort of righteous anger. The ridgeback was nowhere to be seen. Kiliac opted, against her better judgement, to NOT destroy the canvas immediately, rather taking a moment to study the peculiar piece that had caused her a great deal of fright. It was certainly well done: an environmental piece, depicting a hidden hollow full of fungi in the fall. It was the kind of tasteful, subtle art that Kiliac wouldn’t be unhappy to hang on her wall (not that she would—she didn’t decorate her lair back home). As she examined it further, she noticed a hidden picture contained within. A claw here, the curve of a wing there. Without a doubt, Kiliac could see a hidden image of herself stretching across the mushrooms’ shadows. It was unsettling. But in a good way. Kiliac tucked the painting into her cart, burying it under her other items. When she settled for the night, she would hide it more thoroughly. More carefully. She got the sense that she had been given a great gift. And that she had been very, very lucky. Taking a breath and steeling her nerves, she lurched forward again on her endless path. ----------- [size=2]@Antigen - that ridgie girl of yours is gorgeous! I love her event encounter, too :D[/size]
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Kiliac
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Other

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:

Kiliac knew it was a mistake to look the ridgeback in the eyes.

Until that point the journey had been far tamer than she had expected. A few brushes against local fauna, a stare-down or two across the Wasteland with dragons who didn’t even bother her in the end. It had softened her defenses.

They met on the road as Kiliac entered the Abiding Boneyard. As it was, they would have passed by in opposite directions—never more than a second of contact. Kiliac looked up briefly to acknowledge the ridgeback’s presence. A quick, nonthreatening gesture.

But the ridgeback caught her gaze and something…changed. A sort of strange connection, in that instance. Kiliac froze. So did the ridgeback.

The ridgeback was tall and elegant, far larger than even Kiliac. She was adorned in decorative armor and looping curls of rose-thorns. A bleached white crown of bones sat primly upon her head, wisps of writhing black smoke wreathing through each upturned prong. Her gaze was firm, her eyes a deep, glittering red.

Kiliac tried to lower her eyes and keep moving. But her body was stiff as a board.

The ridgeback spoke in a steady, rich voice,
"Come closer, come closer... ah, yes."
Kiliac’s body rebelled against her own will, stepping forward gingerly.
”Yes, you inspire my creative soul," ghostly hands manifested around the ridgeback, each one gripping brushes, palettes, and canvases, ”to paint! Let me look into your eyes and down into your secrets, and I will manifest the piece that speaks to me from within.
Kiliac’s body drew into a sitting position. The ridgeback levied a searching look upon her, the grasping hands flicking about, dabbing paint on canvases and fiddling with a number of artistic implements. Kiliac could only watch the process detachedly, unable to pry her eyes away from the ridgeback’s piercing gaze.

After what seemed to be an eternity, the ridgeback herself looked away, focusing on the pieces she had created. A few moments of silent debate followed, then Kiliac was presented with a small canvas.
"There!" Take, take! Off you go!"
All at once, Kiliac’s limbs were free. Her paws gripped the painting numbly, each talon digging into the acrylics with a sort of righteous anger. The ridgeback was nowhere to be seen.

Kiliac opted, against her better judgement, to NOT destroy the canvas immediately, rather taking a moment to study the peculiar piece that had caused her a great deal of fright. It was certainly well done: an environmental piece, depicting a hidden hollow full of fungi in the fall. It was the kind of tasteful, subtle art that Kiliac wouldn’t be unhappy to hang on her wall (not that she would—she didn’t decorate her lair back home).

As she examined it further, she noticed a hidden picture contained within. A claw here, the curve of a wing there. Without a doubt, Kiliac could see a hidden image of herself stretching across the mushrooms’ shadows.

It was unsettling. But in a good way.

Kiliac tucked the painting into her cart, burying it under her other items. When she settled for the night, she would hide it more thoroughly. More carefully.

She got the sense that she had been given a great gift. And that she had been very, very lucky. Taking a breath and steeling her nerves, she lurched forward again on her endless path.

@Antigen - that ridgie girl of yours is gorgeous! I love her event encounter, too :D
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 144 145