Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 141 142
@Petall

Awww, Fire Gem attached itself to Khepri~

And it looks like Heaven is being slowly overcome by darkness... unlike my shade-consumed, though, it looks like her body will give out before her mind does. Nice to see she's putting up the fight!

Cantarelli seems like a nice girl. Gotta love the Plague way of healing... Shove some food in it, it'll be fiiiiiiine. If it's not, oh well.
@Petall

Awww, Fire Gem attached itself to Khepri~

And it looks like Heaven is being slowly overcome by darkness... unlike my shade-consumed, though, it looks like her body will give out before her mind does. Nice to see she's putting up the fight!

Cantarelli seems like a nice girl. Gotta love the Plague way of healing... Shove some food in it, it'll be fiiiiiiine. If it's not, oh well.
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@Petall That was really thrilling! Pomona and Scoril facing off against Khepri, wow, that was a tense moment. It's interesting to see (based on Coldstorm's armor) that Khepri can still work well, though. I wonder if his mental damage can be healed by someone else.

That encounter with Heaven (or just a hallucination?) was genuinely unsettling, if only because we don't know if it was real or it wasn't. That aside, I loved seeing Coldstorm and Boo play off each other; they're almost polar opposites. And wow, Cantarelli is gorgeous! She has very pretty colors and genes to begin with, and you've dressed her up so well! Lovely name, too~ ^^
@Petall That was really thrilling! Pomona and Scoril facing off against Khepri, wow, that was a tense moment. It's interesting to see (based on Coldstorm's armor) that Khepri can still work well, though. I wonder if his mental damage can be healed by someone else.

That encounter with Heaven (or just a hallucination?) was genuinely unsettling, if only because we don't know if it was real or it wasn't. That aside, I loved seeing Coldstorm and Boo play off each other; they're almost polar opposites. And wow, Cantarelli is gorgeous! She has very pretty colors and genes to begin with, and you've dressed her up so well! Lovely name, too~ ^^
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@AlchemyFox

It sure did!

I figured it was time that we got another Heaven sighting!

Hey, it's either eat what you have or die right? Beggars can't be choosers!

@Disillusionist

Thank you! I kind of wanted it to reflect mental illness, in a way, where there's not usually one easy fix, it's a process of healing that relies both on one's own active choices to get better and the care and support of others.

Hehehehe I think I had way too much fun with the Heaven interaction! And thank you! I'm really really happy with getting Cantarelli! Her genes actually have a pretty decent chance of passing on too, she's going to really spice up the lineage!
@AlchemyFox

It sure did!

I figured it was time that we got another Heaven sighting!

Hey, it's either eat what you have or die right? Beggars can't be choosers!

@Disillusionist

Thank you! I kind of wanted it to reflect mental illness, in a way, where there's not usually one easy fix, it's a process of healing that relies both on one's own active choices to get better and the care and support of others.

Hehehehe I think I had way too much fun with the Heaven interaction! And thank you! I'm really really happy with getting Cantarelli! Her genes actually have a pretty decent chance of passing on too, she's going to really spice up the lineage!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Lol, having a lot of characters does make for an interesting challenge... For instance, when was the last time in my own Pinkerlocke that Morning did anything? I'm liking Cantarelli, though! She sounds like she might be some fun :D
Lol, having a lot of characters does make for an interesting challenge... For instance, when was the last time in my own Pinkerlocke that Morning did anything? I'm liking Cantarelli, though! She sounds like she might be some fun :D
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

I almost forgot about Morning! I guess I have to come to terms with the fact that some of my characters are going to end up being minor characters who only show up when I need them to, which is hard to accept because I have such vast worlds planned for all of them. But at the same time, as my clan grows, it will be harder and harder to have a solid story if I give every dragon in the same amount of attention!

That doesn't mean I don't want my clan to continue to grow though! I'd love to see it expand to take up all my lair space, because then The Forgotten Kingdom can be a proper city again!
@Leopardmask

I almost forgot about Morning! I guess I have to come to terms with the fact that some of my characters are going to end up being minor characters who only show up when I need them to, which is hard to accept because I have such vast worlds planned for all of them. But at the same time, as my clan grows, it will be harder and harder to have a solid story if I give every dragon in the same amount of attention!

That doesn't mean I don't want my clan to continue to grow though! I'd love to see it expand to take up all my lair space, because then The Forgotten Kingdom can be a proper city again!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Oh wow, Cantarelli is beautiful!! I'm so excited for the D nest now!!

Ohhh did Heaven do everything she did because of the curse? Yikes, that must be some curse, I wonder if they'll be able to remove it.
Oh wow, Cantarelli is beautiful!! I'm so excited for the D nest now!!

Ohhh did Heaven do everything she did because of the curse? Yikes, that must be some curse, I wonder if they'll be able to remove it.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

I'm excited too! Too bad Coldstorm isn't RTB until October 1st, and then I need to wait for an apparel pull on top of that...

Some of it is because of the curse, some of it is because of her own selfish desires. She's not completely innocent in all of this.
@Midwinter

I'm excited too! Too bad Coldstorm isn't RTB until October 1st, and then I need to wait for an apparel pull on top of that...

Some of it is because of the curse, some of it is because of her own selfish desires. She's not completely innocent in all of this.
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/48#post_40515627]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 56: Conversations[/u][/b] [item=brilliant length] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54020446][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54020446&skin=0&apparel=10390,30550,30549,29008,491&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54377249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54377249&skin=0&apparel=754,425,27819,27820&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Pomona, what's wrong?" Virtue asked, dropping the scroll she had been reading and pulling herself to her feet. The snapper had just stepped through the door to the large quarters the imperial shared with Hollyn, and she had clearly been crying. "I went to see my dad today," Pomona sniffed. "Oh honey," Virtue murmured, wrapping herself around Pomona and resting her head on hers. It immediately brought her back to when the snapper had been a hatchling, confused about the death of her mother. "I wanted to help him, I thought Scoril could help him," Pomona said. She had started crying again. "Sometimes, when the brain gets hurt, it takes longer to heal. And it can be difficult to see the pain, because its all on the inside. It's often far bigger than anyone can imagine, so it takes a lot of time to get better," Virtue said sadly. "And even after someone has healed, remnants still remain. No one ever goes back to the way they were before, but something new and beautiful can be made out of the healing." "I just want my dad back," Pomona said. "I want to help him." "I know," Virtue murmured, nuzzling the snapper. "And we can find ways to help him and be there for him, I promise." "How do you know so much about all this stuff?" Pomona asked. "I thought you were trained to fight? Where did you learn all this stuff about brains and healing?" "My sisters and I were raised in a clan where the only goal where being the strongest was the way to get power. We were stolen from our families as eggs, and raised to be tough. Part of that involved brutal battle training, and as a result, all of us came out with scars," Virtue sighed, gesturing to a large scar stretching across her shoulder and up her neck. "During one of our training sessions, Hollyn hit her head pretty hard, and was knocked unconscious. After that she was different. She really struggled. She forgot things, and she had trouble speaking." "And how did she get better?" Pomona asked. "She hasn't, not completely. Her memory is still worse than that of the average tundra. She can really only focus on things that are happening here and now most of the time. In her eyes, she hasn't aged since the accident. Her speech has improved, but when she has a bad day, she can still struggle to find her words," Virtue explained. "But she's doing better now because we worked to figure out how to adjust to her new normal and give her the space to just be. That's why we left. She could never be happy in a place with that much violence, she could no longer keep up with the training. We had been looking for a way to escape for a while, but it was Hollyn who gave us the drive to actually take the step and leave." "Thank you for sharing," Pomona said solemnly. "I would appreciate it if you didn't share all that openly with everyone. I don't really like talking about our past, and this isn't really something to be taken lightly. Hollyn is happy, I don't want anyone treating her differently because they think they have to feel sorry for her," Virtue added. "I promise I won't tell anyone," Pomona vowed, and Virtue could tell that she meant it. "Thank you," Virtue smiled softly. "And we'll find a way to help Khepri too. He shouldn't be left, forgotten in the forge. We just need to start where he's at, and work with him." Pomona nodded. "Thank you, for everything." "Pomona, you may have moved out, but you are still like a daughter to me. You are one of the Sisters of Virtue, through and through," Virtue smiled. "You are always welcome here, and we are always here to help you. That's what it means to be family." The snapper smiled, and Virtue almost swore she could see tears glistening in her violet eyes once more. Pomona leaned in for a hug, then pulled away and turned to leave. Virtue watched her go, feeling a sense of warm satisfaction. Maybe she was beginning to find her place here after all. Maybe the Sisters of Virtue hadn't really fallen, perhaps this was that they would become. They could be a family for those who had none, and a sanctuary for those in need of healing. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798929][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Bone!" The tundra spun around as he heard his brother's voice. Bahat was racing towards him, down the curved corridor of the palace. "Bahat, I'm a little busy right now-" Bone lied. He had been looking for Pomona, and after failing to find her, was going to go check The Siren's Call to see if Karma could wrangle out of her shift. "Bone, Coldstorm found Bailaduel last night," Bahat said, huffing and puffing as he reached his brother. "He what!?" Bone stopped dead in his tracks. His heart began pounding at a million miles an hour, and fury rose within his chest. "He went for a flight in the middle of the night, and he found Bailaduel half-dead with starvation!" Bahat explained. "She'd been trying to leave the kingdom!" Bone sighed. "Why should I care? She's made it very clear how she feels about all of us." "Bone, you have to stop pulling yourself away from everyone! I know your hurt, but we've barely seen you for months! We're your family! We're here to help!" Bahat exclaimed. "Remember the days when we did everything together? Now I feel like I don't even know you. I miss you, Bone. Bohrium and Boo are great company, don't get me wrong, but we're clutchmates. That's special." "Bahat, I don't know what my place is anymore. Bailaduel trained us, but for what? Now all we do is hang around a palace all day. Where's the action in that? Where's the adventure? What is all this for?" Bone pointed out, feeling all his frustration pour out of him at once. "We may be in a time of peace now, but read the history books. Peace doesn't last forever. There will come a time when our skills are ready, and we must be ready for that, but we must make peace with the fact that things are good right now, and enjoy it while it lasts," Bahat explained. "When did you get to be so wise?" Bone asked, taken aback at the ease the words had come to his brother. "I don't know. I guess it happens when you spend a lot of time around Mom," Bahat shrugged. Bone sighed. "I still need time, Bahat. I'm figure things out right now, and I've got some great friends. But I promise you, I haven't forgotten my family, or the bond we share. I'll come home, I just need to find my place again." Bahat nodded. Bone could see the frustration in his brother's eyes, but he also knew that he wouldn't challenge him on it. "And what about Bailaduel, do you want to see her?" Bahat asked, pushing once more. "No," Bone said firmly. "If she wants to talk, she can come and find me when she's better." ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/51#post_40555640]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying[/center] ----- Whew, we got into some deep stuff today! And now you know a little more about the Sisters of Virtue backstory as well! I really feel like I'm starting to get this thing rolling again! I hope I can keep it going without school getting in the way too much.

Day 56: Conversations
Brilliant Length
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=54020446&skin=0&apparel=10390,30550,30549,29008,491&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54377249&skin=0&apparel=754,425,27819,27820&xt=dressing.png

"Pomona, what's wrong?" Virtue asked, dropping the scroll she had been reading and pulling herself to her feet. The snapper had just stepped through the door to the large quarters the imperial shared with Hollyn, and she had clearly been crying.

"I went to see my dad today," Pomona sniffed.

"Oh honey," Virtue murmured, wrapping herself around Pomona and resting her head on hers. It immediately brought her back to when the snapper had been a hatchling, confused about the death of her mother.

"I wanted to help him, I thought Scoril could help him," Pomona said. She had started crying again.

"Sometimes, when the brain gets hurt, it takes longer to heal. And it can be difficult to see the pain, because its all on the inside. It's often far bigger than anyone can imagine, so it takes a lot of time to get better," Virtue said sadly. "And even after someone has healed, remnants still remain. No one ever goes back to the way they were before, but something new and beautiful can be made out of the healing."

"I just want my dad back," Pomona said. "I want to help him."

"I know," Virtue murmured, nuzzling the snapper. "And we can find ways to help him and be there for him, I promise."

"How do you know so much about all this stuff?" Pomona asked. "I thought you were trained to fight? Where did you learn all this stuff about brains and healing?"

"My sisters and I were raised in a clan where the only goal where being the strongest was the way to get power. We were stolen from our families as eggs, and raised to be tough. Part of that involved brutal battle training, and as a result, all of us came out with scars," Virtue sighed, gesturing to a large scar stretching across her shoulder and up her neck. "During one of our training sessions, Hollyn hit her head pretty hard, and was knocked unconscious. After that she was different. She really struggled. She forgot things, and she had trouble speaking."

"And how did she get better?" Pomona asked.

"She hasn't, not completely. Her memory is still worse than that of the average tundra. She can really only focus on things that are happening here and now most of the time. In her eyes, she hasn't aged since the accident. Her speech has improved, but when she has a bad day, she can still struggle to find her words," Virtue explained. "But she's doing better now because we worked to figure out how to adjust to her new normal and give her the space to just be. That's why we left. She could never be happy in a place with that much violence, she could no longer keep up with the training. We had been looking for a way to escape for a while, but it was Hollyn who gave us the drive to actually take the step and leave."

"Thank you for sharing," Pomona said solemnly.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't share all that openly with everyone. I don't really like talking about our past, and this isn't really something to be taken lightly. Hollyn is happy, I don't want anyone treating her differently because they think they have to feel sorry for her," Virtue added.

"I promise I won't tell anyone," Pomona vowed, and Virtue could tell that she meant it.

"Thank you," Virtue smiled softly. "And we'll find a way to help Khepri too. He shouldn't be left, forgotten in the forge. We just need to start where he's at, and work with him."

Pomona nodded. "Thank you, for everything."

"Pomona, you may have moved out, but you are still like a daughter to me. You are one of the Sisters of Virtue, through and through," Virtue smiled. "You are always welcome here, and we are always here to help you. That's what it means to be family."

The snapper smiled, and Virtue almost swore she could see tears glistening in her violet eyes once more. Pomona leaned in for a hug, then pulled away and turned to leave. Virtue watched her go, feeling a sense of warm satisfaction. Maybe she was beginning to find her place here after all. Maybe the Sisters of Virtue hadn't really fallen, perhaps this was that they would become. They could be a family for those who had none, and a sanctuary for those in need of healing.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png

"Bone!" The tundra spun around as he heard his brother's voice. Bahat was racing towards him, down the curved corridor of the palace.

"Bahat, I'm a little busy right now-" Bone lied. He had been looking for Pomona, and after failing to find her, was going to go check The Siren's Call to see if Karma could wrangle out of her shift.

"Bone, Coldstorm found Bailaduel last night," Bahat said, huffing and puffing as he reached his brother.

"He what!?" Bone stopped dead in his tracks. His heart began pounding at a million miles an hour, and fury rose within his chest.

"He went for a flight in the middle of the night, and he found Bailaduel half-dead with starvation!" Bahat explained. "She'd been trying to leave the kingdom!"

Bone sighed. "Why should I care? She's made it very clear how she feels about all of us."

"Bone, you have to stop pulling yourself away from everyone! I know your hurt, but we've barely seen you for months! We're your family! We're here to help!" Bahat exclaimed. "Remember the days when we did everything together? Now I feel like I don't even know you. I miss you, Bone. Bohrium and Boo are great company, don't get me wrong, but we're clutchmates. That's special."

"Bahat, I don't know what my place is anymore. Bailaduel trained us, but for what? Now all we do is hang around a palace all day. Where's the action in that? Where's the adventure? What is all this for?" Bone pointed out, feeling all his frustration pour out of him at once.

"We may be in a time of peace now, but read the history books. Peace doesn't last forever. There will come a time when our skills are ready, and we must be ready for that, but we must make peace with the fact that things are good right now, and enjoy it while it lasts," Bahat explained.

"When did you get to be so wise?" Bone asked, taken aback at the ease the words had come to his brother.

"I don't know. I guess it happens when you spend a lot of time around Mom," Bahat shrugged.

Bone sighed. "I still need time, Bahat. I'm figure things out right now, and I've got some great friends. But I promise you, I haven't forgotten my family, or the bond we share. I'll come home, I just need to find my place again."

Bahat nodded. Bone could see the frustration in his brother's eyes, but he also knew that he wouldn't challenge him on it.

"And what about Bailaduel, do you want to see her?" Bahat asked, pushing once more.

"No," Bone said firmly. "If she wants to talk, she can come and find me when she's better."

Whew, we got into some deep stuff today! And now you know a little more about the Sisters of Virtue backstory as well! I really feel like I'm starting to get this thing rolling again! I hope I can keep it going without school getting in the way too much.
It's pretty hard to struggle with mental illness, but it's just as hard for the people around you who just want to help to understand that it takes more than one big fight... It's a hundred years war. I'm glad that Virtue understands that so she can help Pomona.

Bone thought he had his life figured out from a young age... It's not his fault things change.

And great chapter overall! No one character was satisfied completely, but progress is a succession of little victories and revelations!
It's pretty hard to struggle with mental illness, but it's just as hard for the people around you who just want to help to understand that it takes more than one big fight... It's a hundred years war. I'm glad that Virtue understands that so she can help Pomona.

Bone thought he had his life figured out from a young age... It's not his fault things change.

And great chapter overall! No one character was satisfied completely, but progress is a succession of little victories and revelations!
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchemyFox

Mental illness is a really difficult thing, and I'm glad to hear that you think I've captured the complexity of it well, that was the goal.

Yeah, poor Bone...

Thank you!!! That honestly means a lot to hear!
@AlchemyFox

Mental illness is a really difficult thing, and I'm glad to hear that you think I've captured the complexity of it well, that was the goal.

Yeah, poor Bone...

Thank you!!! That honestly means a lot to hear!
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 141 142