Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 88 89
OH WOW!!! THEY ARE HERE!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!
OH WOW!!! THEY ARE HERE!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
At least this isn't another death in the pinkerlocke. It's good to know that for once something isn't all bad. I'm still sad that they are out of the locke though.
At least this isn't another death in the pinkerlocke. It's good to know that for once something isn't all bad. I'm still sad that they are out of the locke though.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
[b][i]Day One Hundred Seventy Six:[/i][/b] [center][item=berserker] [b]Coin Toss: Heads (true)[/b] Rolled Reverie, Meirwen, and Alkaios. [i]-hisses aggressively at Pinkerton-[/i] ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x5
Day One Hundred Seventy Six:
Berserker
Coin Toss: Heads (true)
Rolled Reverie, Meirwen, and Alkaios.
-hisses aggressively at Pinkerton-
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x5
[b][i]Day One Hundred Seventy Seven:[/i][/b] It was very surreal to walk among the old abandoned dwellings, attempting to imagine the dragons that once lived there. Alkaios had to keep up with Adrasteia, who was wandering about helping him pick one for the two of them to live in. It felt odd, though, to think that some of these broken lairs could easily belong to dragons that lived in the current Duskhollow Haven all the way back in Lightning. Sure, he nor any of his family had ever even met any of these dragons, but it still almost seemed like stealing, in a way. “Kai! Kai! Over here! I found something!” Adrasteia called to him from ahead and he rushed to catch up. She had found some sort of stilted house, the support posts driven deep into the damp mud beneath it. The wide porch was surprisingly intact, though it creaked ominously under the Pearlcatcher’s weight as she traipsed across it. “You be careful, Addie,” he warned her and she sing-songed an acknowledgement as she pushed open the rickety door. “Look, Kai! It’s the perfect size!” she exclaimed, disappearing inside. With few other options, he followed her in, ignoring the groaning of the planks beneath his claws. Inside was indeed comfortably spacious for him and his sister, the layout simple and efficient. It had perhaps belonged to a couple, sporting a larger sleeping area in the back of the main floor and a loft up above. The loft was immediately claimed by Adrasteia, who wrestled open the skylight with ‘[i]oooh[/i]’s of delight. While he was examining what he guessed to be a place to store food, Alkaios heard someone else stepping cautiously up on the porch outside. “Alkaios?” Meirwen’s voice inquired. He came out to find her halfway up the steps, apparently deciding it best not to add her full weight to the questionable structure. Or maybe it was something else, since she shifted uncomfortably when he appeared and wouldn’t meet his eyes. “Yes? What is it?” he asked, growing concerned. She wasn’t typically this subdued. She hesitated, then drew herself up as if making up her mind. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to spring this on you, but… since Bladebeak and Ailana have gone, I realized… I’m also leaving,” she said, fidgeting so the wood complained beneath her. Ignoring it and, given Alkaios was too stunned to respond properly, she added, “I just wanted you to know it’s not any of you. I just, you know, enjoy travelling. I don’t usually stay with clans this long, I just… really enjoyed being with you all. Despite, you know… despite everything that’s happened.” She stood there as uncertainly as he felt and the awkward silence stretched until he finally found the voice to ask, “Does… Sonance know?” She winced at this. She and Sonance had become good friends since Meirwen had joined them, and he didn’t imagine the Spiral would take her leaving too well. “Yes, and she’s… upset,” she answered, confirming his suspicions. “I tried telling her I never meant to hurt her, but… you know how she is.” “I’m sorry,” he mumbled sympathetically. She shook her head. “Don’t be… but anyway.” She held up her foreclaws and had Clarkia hop into her palms, and much to Alkaios’s amazement, she held the bird out toward him. “I want you to take Clarkia,” she said in a brave voice, but he could see her shaking slightly. “Meirwen, I couldn’t-“ he tried to say, but she cut him off. “Just listen, ok? I don’t mean to just disappear; Clarkia is a smart bird. She’ll be able to find me wherever I go. If you ever want to contact me, just write me a letter and send her to me. Ok?” Numbly he nodded, slowly reaching out his own claw toward the bird. She hopped from Meirwen’s palms to his own, settling herself on his forearm with a [i]cheep[/i]. The Snapper stared at the bird for half a moment, then gave herself a shake as the old door swung open again and Adrasteia appeared. “Meirwen!” she said. She seemed to catch on to the atmosphere, however, because her smile faded a little when she asked, “What’s up?” “Well,” the Snapper cleared her throat and turned to the younger dragon. “I’ll be leaving, Adra. I want you and your brother to have my bird though- you know her name, right?” “Clarkia!” Adrasteia answered automatically. “Yep! Anyway, I’ll be off. Bye!” “You’re not leaving now, are you?” Alkaios stopped her, sounding more panicked than he meant to be. She sighed. “Well, yes… I already told Blithe and Capricious, don’t worry. And Tremayne, and of course Sonance. I’m pretty sure most everyone knows by now.” She shrugged. “So… goodbye, Alkaios.” “Goodbye, Meirwen,” he murmured back. Only days before, he had been hoping for just a quiet place to settle down that would be safe for his family and his clan. As he watched Meirwen leave, he couldn’t help the empty feeling in the pit of his stomach that made him wonder if there would be enough of the Shadowbound left to matter. ----- [item=singed webbing] Yeah, so. Meirwen died in the last Death Streak. Again, didn't want her to just [i]die[/i] die. I just want one really good swing at Pinkerton. Please. Just one. [center]Anyway, [b]comment below if you would like to claim Meirwen![/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52745473] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/527455/52745473_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] I actually thought about making Meirwen a travelling dragon to fit with the background I gave her, but I decided I would leave that to whoever claims her~. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x5 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin @KrazKitCat @BoulderEnder
Day One Hundred Seventy Seven:

It was very surreal to walk among the old abandoned dwellings, attempting to imagine the dragons that once lived there. Alkaios had to keep up with Adrasteia, who was wandering about helping him pick one for the two of them to live in. It felt odd, though, to think that some of these broken lairs could easily belong to dragons that lived in the current Duskhollow Haven all the way back in Lightning. Sure, he nor any of his family had ever even met any of these dragons, but it still almost seemed like stealing, in a way.

“Kai! Kai! Over here! I found something!” Adrasteia called to him from ahead and he rushed to catch up. She had found some sort of stilted house, the support posts driven deep into the damp mud beneath it. The wide porch was surprisingly intact, though it creaked ominously under the Pearlcatcher’s weight as she traipsed across it.

“You be careful, Addie,” he warned her and she sing-songed an acknowledgement as she pushed open the rickety door.

“Look, Kai! It’s the perfect size!” she exclaimed, disappearing inside. With few other options, he followed her in, ignoring the groaning of the planks beneath his claws.

Inside was indeed comfortably spacious for him and his sister, the layout simple and efficient. It had perhaps belonged to a couple, sporting a larger sleeping area in the back of the main floor and a loft up above. The loft was immediately claimed by Adrasteia, who wrestled open the skylight with ‘oooh’s of delight.

While he was examining what he guessed to be a place to store food, Alkaios heard someone else stepping cautiously up on the porch outside.

“Alkaios?” Meirwen’s voice inquired. He came out to find her halfway up the steps, apparently deciding it best not to add her full weight to the questionable structure. Or maybe it was something else, since she shifted uncomfortably when he appeared and wouldn’t meet his eyes.

“Yes? What is it?” he asked, growing concerned. She wasn’t typically this subdued. She hesitated, then drew herself up as if making up her mind.

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to spring this on you, but… since Bladebeak and Ailana have gone, I realized… I’m also leaving,” she said, fidgeting so the wood complained beneath her. Ignoring it and, given Alkaios was too stunned to respond properly, she added, “I just wanted you to know it’s not any of you. I just, you know, enjoy travelling. I don’t usually stay with clans this long, I just… really enjoyed being with you all. Despite, you know… despite everything that’s happened.”

She stood there as uncertainly as he felt and the awkward silence stretched until he finally found the voice to ask, “Does… Sonance know?”

She winced at this. She and Sonance had become good friends since Meirwen had joined them, and he didn’t imagine the Spiral would take her leaving too well.

“Yes, and she’s… upset,” she answered, confirming his suspicions. “I tried telling her I never meant to hurt her, but… you know how she is.”

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled sympathetically. She shook her head.

“Don’t be… but anyway.” She held up her foreclaws and had Clarkia hop into her palms, and much to Alkaios’s amazement, she held the bird out toward him.

“I want you to take Clarkia,” she said in a brave voice, but he could see her shaking slightly.

“Meirwen, I couldn’t-“ he tried to say, but she cut him off.

“Just listen, ok? I don’t mean to just disappear; Clarkia is a smart bird. She’ll be able to find me wherever I go. If you ever want to contact me, just write me a letter and send her to me. Ok?”

Numbly he nodded, slowly reaching out his own claw toward the bird. She hopped from Meirwen’s palms to his own, settling herself on his forearm with a cheep. The Snapper stared at the bird for half a moment, then gave herself a shake as the old door swung open again and Adrasteia appeared.

“Meirwen!” she said. She seemed to catch on to the atmosphere, however, because her smile faded a little when she asked, “What’s up?”

“Well,” the Snapper cleared her throat and turned to the younger dragon. “I’ll be leaving, Adra. I want you and your brother to have my bird though- you know her name, right?”

“Clarkia!” Adrasteia answered automatically.

“Yep! Anyway, I’ll be off. Bye!”

“You’re not leaving now, are you?” Alkaios stopped her, sounding more panicked than he meant to be. She sighed.

“Well, yes… I already told Blithe and Capricious, don’t worry. And Tremayne, and of course Sonance. I’m pretty sure most everyone knows by now.” She shrugged. “So… goodbye, Alkaios.”

“Goodbye, Meirwen,” he murmured back.

Only days before, he had been hoping for just a quiet place to settle down that would be safe for his family and his clan. As he watched Meirwen leave, he couldn’t help the empty feeling in the pit of his stomach that made him wonder if there would be enough of the Shadowbound left to matter.
Singed Webbing
Yeah, so. Meirwen died in the last Death Streak. Again, didn't want her to just die die.
I just want one really good swing at Pinkerton. Please. Just one.
Anyway, comment below if you would like to claim Meirwen!

52745473_350.png
I actually thought about making Meirwen a travelling dragon to fit with the background I gave her, but I decided I would leave that to whoever claims her~.
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin @KrazKitCat @BoulderEnder
Aw, poor Mierwen... It's sad to see another leave their number, but I guess that's part of settling down somewhere after traveling for so long. Plus, I'd rather know that she's off adventuring somewhere than to have her die. I feel like this is a much more satisfying ending at this point.

It was super cute watching Alkaios and Adrasteia choose out their house! I think they are going to be quite happy here!
Aw, poor Mierwen... It's sad to see another leave their number, but I guess that's part of settling down somewhere after traveling for so long. Plus, I'd rather know that she's off adventuring somewhere than to have her die. I feel like this is a much more satisfying ending at this point.

It was super cute watching Alkaios and Adrasteia choose out their house! I think they are going to be quite happy here!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I'm running out of things to say, honestly. I just don't know. I'm sad that another dragon is gone from the Locke, I hope nobody else leaves or dies.
I'm running out of things to say, honestly. I just don't know. I'm sad that another dragon is gone from the Locke, I hope nobody else leaves or dies.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Oh no! Poor Meirwen, although its nice that she's gone on travelling once again rather than dying.

I'd love to take her, I've never done a travelling dragon before but I'd love to have a go at one with her!
Oh no! Poor Meirwen, although its nice that she's gone on travelling once again rather than dying.

I'd love to take her, I've never done a travelling dragon before but I'd love to have a go at one with her!
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
Nuuu.
Nuuu.
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
[b][i]Day One Hundred Seventy Eight:[/i][/b] “Here, Blithe; what about this?” Capricious asked, leading her mate over to a nearby structure. Blithe considered it uncertainly, as it looked much too large for both of them. The size was explained as they got inside, though; it seemed to have been some form of café with living quarters for the previous owners up above. It didn’t look like much if a bit eerie with all the empty and broken tables about, but the old, grand fireplace might have made it cozy back in the day. There was also a great absence of chairs, though a couple forgotten and thoroughly moth-eaten cushions behind the counter suggested that had been the preferred seating, likely to keeps one’s rump from growing cold and stiff on the bare stone floor. The sleeping quarters upstairs were quaint and simple. The size indicated that perhaps the café had been owned by a single dragon after all, as the bedroom wasn’t overly large and there was no personal kitchen attached to the living area, likely deemed unnecessary by the large kitchen downstairs. “I think this is perfect,” Capricious murmured, her fins played excitedly as her eyes gazed about the room. He smiled, knowing that she was likely envisioning ways to fix up and furnish it. “It definitely has potential,” he agreed. “Might need to add on another bedroom, but it’s pretty much perfect. And with the café downstairs, not even our largest friends can make the excuse of us not having enough space for them to visit.” “Oh, Blithe,” Capricious scoffed, nudging him with her elbow half-heartedly while her fins folded in amusement. “Anyhow, we should see about getting this place patched up. Do you think you can get one of those larger friends of ours to help clear out the tables and see which ones we can salvage?” “Can do, love,” he answered, nuzzling the back of her neck between her fins and making her giggle before she shooed him away. Outside he did a quick check around the foundation to make sure the stonework was in good shape. Luckily, this particular structure had been built on one of the dryer places in the hollow next to one of the remaining great trees whose roots kept the earth from eroding away. Even so, building so close to the tree had its own drawbacks, as the foundation had cracked under the pressure where the roots breached the soil as they reached underneath. It didn’t seem like a lot of damage, thankfully, but it would need remedied. As he straightened from his task, a glimmer caught the corner of his eye. He looked up sharply to get a proper look at whatever it was, his heart thudding in his chest, but the streets were empty. He stared about for a few seconds, then gave a shake of his head. Likely as not he was just imagining things, though for moment he thought he had seen a familiar mint figure watching him. ----- [item=possibly clay] A smaller snippet today just so, you know, we can breathe for once. Also, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42895827]I am incorrigibly weak[/url]. That is all. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x5 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin @KrazKitCat @BoulderEnder
Day One Hundred Seventy Eight:

“Here, Blithe; what about this?” Capricious asked, leading her mate over to a nearby structure. Blithe considered it uncertainly, as it looked much too large for both of them. The size was explained as they got inside, though; it seemed to have been some form of café with living quarters for the previous owners up above. It didn’t look like much if a bit eerie with all the empty and broken tables about, but the old, grand fireplace might have made it cozy back in the day. There was also a great absence of chairs, though a couple forgotten and thoroughly moth-eaten cushions behind the counter suggested that had been the preferred seating, likely to keeps one’s rump from growing cold and stiff on the bare stone floor.

The sleeping quarters upstairs were quaint and simple. The size indicated that perhaps the café had been owned by a single dragon after all, as the bedroom wasn’t overly large and there was no personal kitchen attached to the living area, likely deemed unnecessary by the large kitchen downstairs.

“I think this is perfect,” Capricious murmured, her fins played excitedly as her eyes gazed about the room. He smiled, knowing that she was likely envisioning ways to fix up and furnish it.

“It definitely has potential,” he agreed. “Might need to add on another bedroom, but it’s pretty much perfect. And with the café downstairs, not even our largest friends can make the excuse of us not having enough space for them to visit.”

“Oh, Blithe,” Capricious scoffed, nudging him with her elbow half-heartedly while her fins folded in amusement. “Anyhow, we should see about getting this place patched up. Do you think you can get one of those larger friends of ours to help clear out the tables and see which ones we can salvage?”

“Can do, love,” he answered, nuzzling the back of her neck between her fins and making her giggle before she shooed him away.

Outside he did a quick check around the foundation to make sure the stonework was in good shape. Luckily, this particular structure had been built on one of the dryer places in the hollow next to one of the remaining great trees whose roots kept the earth from eroding away. Even so, building so close to the tree had its own drawbacks, as the foundation had cracked under the pressure where the roots breached the soil as they reached underneath. It didn’t seem like a lot of damage, thankfully, but it would need remedied.

As he straightened from his task, a glimmer caught the corner of his eye. He looked up sharply to get a proper look at whatever it was, his heart thudding in his chest, but the streets were empty. He stared about for a few seconds, then gave a shake of his head.

Likely as not he was just imagining things, though for moment he thought he had seen a familiar mint figure watching him.
Possibly Clay
A smaller snippet today just so, you know, we can breathe for once.
Also, I am incorrigibly weak. That is all.
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin @KrazKitCat @BoulderEnder
B a i n e s

He looks fantastic-- its good to see him again, even if he's no longer apart of the Locke
B a i n e s

He looks fantastic-- its good to see him again, even if he's no longer apart of the Locke
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 88 89