Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 88 89
[b][i]Day One Hundred Twenty Eight:[/i][/b] She’d come to understand her new companion was in fact a he and his name was Einar. They had managed to exchange some introductions while they sat in the cave, waiting for her wound to heal. Her name, Heleen, he luckily didn’t have too much difficulty pronouncing. However, she was struggling to pronounce his species’ name; at first she thought “jailer” was his occupation, but that clearly wasn’t the case, since he would shake his head and attempt to correct her when she tried to say it. She came to the conclusion that she was unable to replicate whatever guttural draconic sound was required to say it properly and eventually gave up. At least for now. Einar proved a restless creature, and the moment she was well enough to limp around the cave with decent speed and dexterity, he insisted they move on. Where, she wasn’t quite sure, but she had little choice but to follow. Being in the condition she was in, she would need his protection. He seemed to feel the same way since he hadn’t simply left her behind, a behavior which was still perplexing her greatly. They didn’t speak much as they travelled, though to be fair, the language barrier between them made it difficult to converse. It also appeared to her that he seemed to be following some trail that lead further into what the dragons referred to as Light territory. Often he would put his nose to the ground to pick up whatever scents he was detecting, though it never seemed to make him very happy. Sometimes he would even snort and growl, which would make her draw her bow in anticipation. She tried asking a couple times what it was that was upsetting him so much, but he would only answer, “The Shadow walked here.” It still didn’t click until he changed to the Centaurian word to say, “The Evil was here.” It made her shudder, but she wasn’t terribly surprised; they had passed by several old ruins which were often notorious for being tainted, though thankfully the dragon had been giving them a wide birth. Occasionally he would stop to carve some sort of marker on a stone nearby, the same one with only minor differences. She got the impression they weren’t necessarily for his benefit. A frostbite hummingbird had come by once – way too far north from where they lived – and he had actually taken the time to dictate something to it before it buzzed off again. Clearly, it had been a messenger, which would mean that there were others of his kind following behind him. This told her that he was a scout of some kind, but to what purpose, she was still struggling to understand. In an odd way, though, she trusted him. After all, he had saved her, healed her, and was continuing to protect her. He also clearly despised the Evil in the same way she and many of the Allied tribes did. Some of them believe that the dragons planted the Evil in the world to incite chaos, or were born from it, but this situation completely shattered that idea. She ground her teeth against the pain that shot up her spine and she stopped, leaning heavily against a nearby tree to remove the weight from her leg. Einar stopped ahead of her, turning back to rejoin her. “Check?” he asked, motioning to the bandages. She nodded and let him unwrap them, seeing the spots of red as he pulled them away. She had been healing well over the past few days, but even with their frequent breaks, the travel was rough on the broken tissue. He applied some herbs and had it rewrapped within moments, but she motioned to him before he could continue. “Stop for small time?” she asked. Unlike before when he would simply agree by laying down, he wavered, glancing on ahead. “Not for long,” he answered, sitting stiffly and continued to look on through the trees. Her brows furrowed in confusion. “What’s the hurry?” she asked. It took a moment for her to get it through to him in Draconic. “We must go on,” he insisted again. She made a motion with her hands that asked why and he shifted. Finally, he answered, “They are close.” [center]***[/center] Tülay pushed her way through the beaded strands that hung in the open door of the hut. Nesrin, the leader of this flock, was waiting for her inside and looked up from her table at the sound of the rustling beads. Nesrin was particularly young for a matriarch, but the death of her elderly predecessor had forced her into the position ahead of her season. Nevertheless, she had a commanding presence that Tülay could respect, and she carried herself with the regality of her station when she stood. “You’ve come,” she said simply in greeting, then motioned to the kettle cooling on the nearby counter. “Tea?” “That would be lovely,” Tülay replied. At a gesture, she sat as her host poured her a cup and delivered it to her before resuming her own seat. Tülay barely managed to take a couple sips before Nesrin spoke again. “As much as I would like to exchange pleasantries, I called you here for a reason,” she said. It would sound like typical youthful impatience, but Tülay understood where she was coming from. “And I came this far north because of the urgency of your situation,” the older harpy remarked, taking one more sip before she set down her tea. More seriously, she asked, “When did the attack occur?” “A little over a week ago,” Nesrin answered. She pushed a scroll toward her across the table. “This is the report my captains gave me.” Tülay picked up the scroll and opened it. Her anger intensified as she read its contents and once she’d finished, she threw it back down to the table, staring down at the floor until she could regain control over her emotions. “What was the final count?” “Four killed on sight, two here from fatal wounds. Three still lay wounded in the healer’s hut; Eser may never fly again, her wings were burned too badly,” Nesrin replied bitterly. “The fire burned for two days and the smoke carried over the village here on the cliffs to linger another day more. And this was [i]one [/i]dragon. I knew they carried destructive power, but I never imagined-“ “You mustn’t blame yourself,” Tülay said soothingly. “This is the dragon’s doing, not yours.” Nesrin took a calming breath and a sip of her own tea. “… We haven’t had any attacks from dragons for many, many seasons. Bilge, may her spirit soar in the heavens, had even made peace with them in the past, if the stories are true. Perhaps that has made us… complacent. If they were to attack again, we couldn’t possibly defeat them.” Here she looked up at Tülay, a glint in her eye. “But you could. When I first heard that Talona’s Vengeance had been remade, I hardly believed it. I’m glad I thought to find you; we need your help.” Tülay reached out to put a talon on her wrist. “And we will,” she murmured. “What would you like me to do?” “They must pay for the lives they’ve stolen,” Nesrin answered, her voice hardened in barely suppressed rage. “For my sisters they took from me.” Tülay nodded with solemn determination and said, “Mark my words; it will be done.” ----- [item=rose quartz] More Einar and the now named Centaur, Heleen! Because I like these two and I think their friendship is a fun one to write about. Also... [i]guess who's back.[/i] ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1, Apparel Pull x2 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59
Day One Hundred Twenty Eight:

She’d come to understand her new companion was in fact a he and his name was Einar. They had managed to exchange some introductions while they sat in the cave, waiting for her wound to heal. Her name, Heleen, he luckily didn’t have too much difficulty pronouncing. However, she was struggling to pronounce his species’ name; at first she thought “jailer” was his occupation, but that clearly wasn’t the case, since he would shake his head and attempt to correct her when she tried to say it. She came to the conclusion that she was unable to replicate whatever guttural draconic sound was required to say it properly and eventually gave up. At least for now.

Einar proved a restless creature, and the moment she was well enough to limp around the cave with decent speed and dexterity, he insisted they move on. Where, she wasn’t quite sure, but she had little choice but to follow. Being in the condition she was in, she would need his protection. He seemed to feel the same way since he hadn’t simply left her behind, a behavior which was still perplexing her greatly.

They didn’t speak much as they travelled, though to be fair, the language barrier between them made it difficult to converse. It also appeared to her that he seemed to be following some trail that lead further into what the dragons referred to as Light territory. Often he would put his nose to the ground to pick up whatever scents he was detecting, though it never seemed to make him very happy. Sometimes he would even snort and growl, which would make her draw her bow in anticipation. She tried asking a couple times what it was that was upsetting him so much, but he would only answer, “The Shadow walked here.” It still didn’t click until he changed to the Centaurian word to say, “The Evil was here.” It made her shudder, but she wasn’t terribly surprised; they had passed by several old ruins which were often notorious for being tainted, though thankfully the dragon had been giving them a wide birth. Occasionally he would stop to carve some sort of marker on a stone nearby, the same one with only minor differences. She got the impression they weren’t necessarily for his benefit. A frostbite hummingbird had come by once – way too far north from where they lived – and he had actually taken the time to dictate something to it before it buzzed off again. Clearly, it had been a messenger, which would mean that there were others of his kind following behind him. This told her that he was a scout of some kind, but to what purpose, she was still struggling to understand.

In an odd way, though, she trusted him. After all, he had saved her, healed her, and was continuing to protect her. He also clearly despised the Evil in the same way she and many of the Allied tribes did. Some of them believe that the dragons planted the Evil in the world to incite chaos, or were born from it, but this situation completely shattered that idea.

She ground her teeth against the pain that shot up her spine and she stopped, leaning heavily against a nearby tree to remove the weight from her leg. Einar stopped ahead of her, turning back to rejoin her.

“Check?” he asked, motioning to the bandages. She nodded and let him unwrap them, seeing the spots of red as he pulled them away. She had been healing well over the past few days, but even with their frequent breaks, the travel was rough on the broken tissue. He applied some herbs and had it rewrapped within moments, but she motioned to him before he could continue.

“Stop for small time?” she asked. Unlike before when he would simply agree by laying down, he wavered, glancing on ahead.

“Not for long,” he answered, sitting stiffly and continued to look on through the trees. Her brows furrowed in confusion.

“What’s the hurry?” she asked. It took a moment for her to get it through to him in Draconic.

“We must go on,” he insisted again. She made a motion with her hands that asked why and he shifted. Finally, he answered, “They are close.”
Tülay pushed her way through the beaded strands that hung in the open door of the hut. Nesrin, the leader of this flock, was waiting for her inside and looked up from her table at the sound of the rustling beads. Nesrin was particularly young for a matriarch, but the death of her elderly predecessor had forced her into the position ahead of her season. Nevertheless, she had a commanding presence that Tülay could respect, and she carried herself with the regality of her station when she stood.

“You’ve come,” she said simply in greeting, then motioned to the kettle cooling on the nearby counter. “Tea?”

“That would be lovely,” Tülay replied. At a gesture, she sat as her host poured her a cup and delivered it to her before resuming her own seat. Tülay barely managed to take a couple sips before Nesrin spoke again.

“As much as I would like to exchange pleasantries, I called you here for a reason,” she said. It would sound like typical youthful impatience, but Tülay understood where she was coming from.

“And I came this far north because of the urgency of your situation,” the older harpy remarked, taking one more sip before she set down her tea. More seriously, she asked, “When did the attack occur?”

“A little over a week ago,” Nesrin answered. She pushed a scroll toward her across the table. “This is the report my captains gave me.”

Tülay picked up the scroll and opened it. Her anger intensified as she read its contents and once she’d finished, she threw it back down to the table, staring down at the floor until she could regain control over her emotions. “What was the final count?”

“Four killed on sight, two here from fatal wounds. Three still lay wounded in the healer’s hut; Eser may never fly again, her wings were burned too badly,” Nesrin replied bitterly. “The fire burned for two days and the smoke carried over the village here on the cliffs to linger another day more. And this was one dragon. I knew they carried destructive power, but I never imagined-“

“You mustn’t blame yourself,” Tülay said soothingly. “This is the dragon’s doing, not yours.”

Nesrin took a calming breath and a sip of her own tea. “… We haven’t had any attacks from dragons for many, many seasons. Bilge, may her spirit soar in the heavens, had even made peace with them in the past, if the stories are true. Perhaps that has made us… complacent. If they were to attack again, we couldn’t possibly defeat them.” Here she looked up at Tülay, a glint in her eye. “But you could. When I first heard that Talona’s Vengeance had been remade, I hardly believed it. I’m glad I thought to find you; we need your help.”

Tülay reached out to put a talon on her wrist. “And we will,” she murmured. “What would you like me to do?”

“They must pay for the lives they’ve stolen,” Nesrin answered, her voice hardened in barely suppressed rage. “For my sisters they took from me.”

Tülay nodded with solemn determination and said, “Mark my words; it will be done.”
Rose Quartz
More Einar and the now named Centaur, Heleen! Because I like these two and I think their friendship is a fun one to write about.
Also... guess who's back.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1, Apparel Pull x2
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59
OOOOOoo I loved the detail of the frostbite hummingbird, that's always been one of my favourite familiars!!!

Also, it's neat that we get a look into the harpy flock!!! Things sure are ramping up in terms of tension!
OOOOOoo I loved the detail of the frostbite hummingbird, that's always been one of my favourite familiars!!!

Also, it's neat that we get a look into the harpy flock!!! Things sure are ramping up in terms of tension!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[quote]unable to replicate whatever guttural draconic sound was required to say it properly and eventually gave up. At least for now.[/quote] Lol, that made me laugh for some reason. Lovely, as always - but uh oh, trouble is brewing!
Quote:
unable to replicate whatever guttural draconic sound was required to say it properly and eventually gave up. At least for now.
Lol, that made me laugh for some reason.
Lovely, as always - but uh oh, trouble is brewing!
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
[b][i]Day One Hundred Twenty Nine:[/i][/b] [center][item=cheerful bird toy] Art day~! [img]https://i.imgur.com/x7YXmOp.png[/img] Finally get to draw Tremayne! Been itching to, but I'm doing my best to go in order of dragons I received first. Have a lot of catching up to do, after all. So I did take some artistic liberties with their design based on headcannons I have about the manifestation of multi-gaze. Dunno if I quite achieved what I wanted, but I'm pretty content with it nonetheless. Unfortunately, the brush pen I originally wanted to use as the base color just died on me (RIP), so I ended up experimenting with a chisel tipped marker from a different set. That was... an interesting struggle. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1, Apparel Pull x2 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59
Day One Hundred Twenty Nine:
Cheerful Bird Toy
Art day~!
x7YXmOp.png
Finally get to draw Tremayne! Been itching to, but I'm doing my best to go in order of dragons I received first. Have a lot of catching up to do, after all.
So I did take some artistic liberties with their design based on headcannons I have about the manifestation of multi-gaze. Dunno if I quite achieved what I wanted, but I'm pretty content with it nonetheless.
Unfortunately, the brush pen I originally wanted to use as the base color just died on me (RIP), so I ended up experimenting with a chisel tipped marker from a different set. That was... an interesting struggle.
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59
That's such a cool take on multigaze! Tremayne looks awesome :D
That's such a cool take on multigaze! Tremayne looks awesome :D
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
They look AMAZING!!! I love what you've done with their eyes!!! Truly beautiful!!!
They look AMAZING!!! I love what you've done with their eyes!!! Truly beautiful!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Oh wow, that's beautiful! I love it so much . uwu
Oh wow, that's beautiful! I love it so much . uwu
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
[b][i]Day One Hundred Thirty:[/i][/b] [center][item=scaleback] Kinda awkward since I can't get a new dragon since I've capped my dragon count to 16, but I did roll a random number to see who would get the familiar. RNG chose Halcyon! I thought about writing it in today, but I just didn't find time or energy for it. So today is mostly just this short update. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1, Apparel Pull x2 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59
Day One Hundred Thirty:
Scaleback

Kinda awkward since I can't get a new dragon since I've capped my dragon count to 16, but I did roll a random number to see who would get the familiar. RNG chose Halcyon! I thought about writing it in today, but I just didn't find time or energy for it. So today is mostly just this short update.
Oh nice it's one of those sabertooth grumps
Oh nice it's one of those sabertooth grumps
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Oh, also tremayne looks pretty nice!
Oh, also tremayne looks pretty nice!
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 88 89