Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 88 89
@MisterMylez Basically, its a list of usernames that I put on every update using the "@" feature so interested people are notified when I drop an update. You don't have to be on the list if you don't want to be, but I just wanted you to know the offer is there [emoji=spiral happy].
@MisterMylez Basically, its a list of usernames that I put on every update using the "@" feature so interested people are notified when I drop an update. You don't have to be on the list if you don't want to be, but I just wanted you to know the offer is there .
I'd like to be on the list. Thank you for letting me know!
I'd like to be on the list. Thank you for letting me know!
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
[b][i]Day Forty Three:[/i][/b] [center][item=common boxwood] Rolled Xihuitl, Blithe, and Baines. FINALLY got a chance to catch the boys up to Capricious, lol. At least a little bit. Still saving the writing for a material day. Though honestly, I'd like to get a new dragon soon... been quite a while since I've had the chance to get one. Come on, Pink. Blithe is level 14. Baines is level 13. Xihuitl is level 10. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez Added you to the pinglist! Welcome aboard!
Day Forty Three:
Common Boxwood
Rolled Xihuitl, Blithe, and Baines.
FINALLY got a chance to catch the boys up to Capricious, lol. At least a little bit.
Still saving the writing for a material day. Though honestly, I'd like to get a new dragon soon... been quite a while since I've had the chance to get one. Come on, Pink.

Blithe is level 14.
Baines is level 13.
Xihuitl is level 10.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall

@MisterMylez Added you to the pinglist! Welcome aboard!
Capricious, you're too strong, back down defrhgkjth

I'd be delighted to see a new addition to the cast sometime soon!!
Capricious, you're too strong, back down defrhgkjth

I'd be delighted to see a new addition to the cast sometime soon!!
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
I have been welcomed.
I have been welcomed.
[b][i]Day Forty Four[/i][/b] “Daimhín wouldn’t do that to us,” Blithe said immediately. He knew what Iuitl and Baines were thinking just from their expressions, but he refused to believe it himself. Then again, there was a doubt deep inside him that made him sick to his stomach. “He wouldn’t what?” Capricious asked, her frills twitching in confusion and anxiety. “He might have been leading us towards them,” Baines answered, looking grim. “It may have been why he insisted we take this particular path.” Capricious’s fins flattened and she glanced at Blithe. “What does the note say?” he demanded. “Maybe there’s some other reason. I mean, why would he have any reason to get us caught by harpies?” Iuitl and Baines both exchanged glances and Iuitl carefully opened the folded parchment in her talons. She barely breathed as her eyes scanned over it, and her feathers began to slowly puff out. “… Well?” Blithe quipped, becoming impatient. She spared him a brief look, then cleared her throat. “In Draconic, it reads: [i]In Search of Certain Traitorous Person(s) to be found in the Name of Talona. Primary target is one Bluemoon Aviar, female, approximately one and three-quarter meters tall, in the possession or company of a dragon egg or young dragonling of Starwood origin. This person and their dragon companion(s) are to be delivered to Tülay, a Feather of Talona’s Right Wing and leader of Talona’s Vengeance. A Reward will be given to all who provide Information on the whereabouts of the aforementioned person(s). The Grandest Reward will be given to those that deliver said person(s) to a member of Talona’s Vengeance. If found in the company of aforementioned undesirables, be it in travel or in harboring said undesirables in a home, with the addition of refusing to comply with the conditions above, such person(s) will be found guilty of the same crimes, and will be punished in accordance with Talona’s Wisdom.[/i] It is signed by Tülay herself,” Iuitl finished, refolding the note to hide her shaking talons. There was silence for several moments as the group processed the information. “What’s Talonas Vengeance?” Xihuitl asked quietly in the void. “Some very bad people,” Iuitl replied wearily. “This changes things,” Baines said, his tail swishing back and forth. “You are being hunted. We’ll have to reconsider how we travel, and be cautious where we build camp. I don’t know the boundaries of harpy territories; Iuitl?” “I’m not well versed in the tribes of this region,” she confessed. Suddenly, they were all looking at Blithe. He shrank under their gazes. “Why do you think I would know?” he retorted. “Not you,” Baines replied. “How well can you read Daimhín’s maps?” The Spiral hesitated. He hadn’t thought of it before, but there were some territory boundaries in the fawn’s notes. There were also the occasional markers that weren’t in the legend which he had previously not given much thought to. Now that the pieces were falling into place, he couldn’t help but be worried that examining the maps might condemn their lost friend rather than vindicate him. Reluctantly, he pulled the papers back out of the pouch and sorted through them. Once he found what he was looking for, he laid the pages out on the ground so the others could see. They continued to wait as he consulted the legend and inspected the sketched in topography and borders. Finally, he indicated a spot on the map, saying, “This is about where we are now. And this faint line is our path.” Baines and Iuitl scrutinized the map still longer, while Xihuitl glanced between the adults uncertainly and Capricious sat close to Blithe, conveying just the small amount of comfort he needed. After a while, Iuitl pointed to one of the markers on the map that Blithe could never identify. “This is a symbol for Talona,” she said. “And if I’m not wrong, this is the cliffside we followed.” “But that’s further north than where we climbed up,” Baines noted. “As I recall, he insisted we go back south. Perhaps that’s why; he knew they would be waiting there.” Blithe let out the breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding and almost collapsed with the relief. So Daimhín was innocent after all. Iuitl nodded, moving her talon to hover over another of the symbols. “It appears he marked some other locations, which is convenient; we know what to avoid,” she thought aloud. “Good,” Baines remarked. “We’ll have to find a way around this gorge-“ “Uncle Baines? Iuitl? What’s that?” Xihuitl interrupted in a small voice. They straightened up and the Foo began to growl. It was more difficult to see in the twilight, but after a moment Blithe saw a rock lumbering across the ground nearby. Wait. “[i]Radiant Lightweaver[/i]!” Baines cried out, gathering light in his palm on instinct as the massive rockback charger thundered toward them. Capricious threw up her claws to summon a barrier between them and the beast and it glanced off, sending it around the main camp. Baines further blinded it with a flash of light, Blithe having prudently shut his eyes just in time. When he opened them again, the charger was coming around for another pass. The Spiral launched into the air and took a couple swipes at the animal, though it barely scratched the surface of its thick hide. There was a loud roar and the Foo launched itself onto the back of the charger, gripping onto its stone-like armor with her massive claws. The charger bucked, but the Foo refused to release her hold. Capricious fired off a magical blast, hitting the charger right in the face so it was stunned. It stumbled, and the Foo took the opportunity to reach around and tear into its belly. It took a few heavy swipes, but the charger was soon too weak and damaged to stand. The Foo didn’t let it suffer, opening its throat to end its life with a grim efficiency. Once it was done, it came back to sit by Blithe, looking at him expectantly. Honestly, the entire affair coupled with the days events thus far had only left him queasy, but he offered the Foo and awkward, “Thanks?” Satisfied, she laid down and began to lick the blood off her paws. The rest of the company stared at her, then at the charger’s body, then at each other. After a moment, Blithe took a breath and said, “Well. At least we don’t have to hunt for a while.” ----- [item=scholar] [b]Coin Toss: Heads (true)[/b] [i]-choking noises-[/i] Rolled Capricious, Baines, and Blithe. [i]Phew.[/i] I forgot how often Pink likes to give me scholars orz. I was so sure something was going to happen when that boss showed up on the 8th battle, I really didn't think I would be able to beat it (Baines's first hit in the battle didn't even tick the bar down, he did so little damage). Surprisingly though, they managed to all pull through for me (with much healing) and even survived the last two battles after that. So no deaths again! (Though Pink is sure trying askdfjadf.) Anyway, decided I was done waiting for a material and thought their victory with today's death streak deserved some recognition. [size=2]Watch, a material will drop tomorrow, because that's been my luck.[/size] ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez
Day Forty Four

“Daimhín wouldn’t do that to us,” Blithe said immediately. He knew what Iuitl and Baines were thinking just from their expressions, but he refused to believe it himself. Then again, there was a doubt deep inside him that made him sick to his stomach.

“He wouldn’t what?” Capricious asked, her frills twitching in confusion and anxiety.

“He might have been leading us towards them,” Baines answered, looking grim. “It may have been why he insisted we take this particular path.” Capricious’s fins flattened and she glanced at Blithe.

“What does the note say?” he demanded. “Maybe there’s some other reason. I mean, why would he have any reason to get us caught by harpies?”

Iuitl and Baines both exchanged glances and Iuitl carefully opened the folded parchment in her talons. She barely breathed as her eyes scanned over it, and her feathers began to slowly puff out.

“… Well?” Blithe quipped, becoming impatient. She spared him a brief look, then cleared her throat.

“In Draconic, it reads: In Search of Certain Traitorous Person(s) to be found in the Name of Talona. Primary target is one Bluemoon Aviar, female, approximately one and three-quarter meters tall, in the possession or company of a dragon egg or young dragonling of Starwood origin. This person and their dragon companion(s) are to be delivered to Tülay, a Feather of Talona’s Right Wing and leader of Talona’s Vengeance.

A Reward will be given to all who provide Information on the whereabouts of the aforementioned person(s). The Grandest Reward will be given to those that deliver said person(s) to a member of Talona’s Vengeance.

If found in the company of aforementioned undesirables, be it in travel or in harboring said undesirables in a home, with the addition of refusing to comply with the conditions above, such person(s) will be found guilty of the same crimes, and will be punished in accordance with Talona’s Wisdom.

It is signed by Tülay herself,” Iuitl finished, refolding the note to hide her shaking talons. There was silence for several moments as the group processed the information.

“What’s Talonas Vengeance?” Xihuitl asked quietly in the void.

“Some very bad people,” Iuitl replied wearily.

“This changes things,” Baines said, his tail swishing back and forth. “You are being hunted. We’ll have to reconsider how we travel, and be cautious where we build camp. I don’t know the boundaries of harpy territories; Iuitl?”

“I’m not well versed in the tribes of this region,” she confessed. Suddenly, they were all looking at Blithe. He shrank under their gazes.

“Why do you think I would know?” he retorted.

“Not you,” Baines replied. “How well can you read Daimhín’s maps?”

The Spiral hesitated. He hadn’t thought of it before, but there were some territory boundaries in the fawn’s notes. There were also the occasional markers that weren’t in the legend which he had previously not given much thought to. Now that the pieces were falling into place, he couldn’t help but be worried that examining the maps might condemn their lost friend rather than vindicate him.

Reluctantly, he pulled the papers back out of the pouch and sorted through them. Once he found what he was looking for, he laid the pages out on the ground so the others could see. They continued to wait as he consulted the legend and inspected the sketched in topography and borders. Finally, he indicated a spot on the map, saying, “This is about where we are now. And this faint line is our path.”

Baines and Iuitl scrutinized the map still longer, while Xihuitl glanced between the adults uncertainly and Capricious sat close to Blithe, conveying just the small amount of comfort he needed. After a while, Iuitl pointed to one of the markers on the map that Blithe could never identify.

“This is a symbol for Talona,” she said. “And if I’m not wrong, this is the cliffside we followed.”

“But that’s further north than where we climbed up,” Baines noted. “As I recall, he insisted we go back south. Perhaps that’s why; he knew they would be waiting there.”

Blithe let out the breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding and almost collapsed with the relief. So Daimhín was innocent after all. Iuitl nodded, moving her talon to hover over another of the symbols.

“It appears he marked some other locations, which is convenient; we know what to avoid,” she thought aloud.

“Good,” Baines remarked. “We’ll have to find a way around this gorge-“

“Uncle Baines? Iuitl? What’s that?” Xihuitl interrupted in a small voice. They straightened up and the Foo began to growl. It was more difficult to see in the twilight, but after a moment Blithe saw a rock lumbering across the ground nearby. Wait.

Radiant Lightweaver!” Baines cried out, gathering light in his palm on instinct as the massive rockback charger thundered toward them. Capricious threw up her claws to summon a barrier between them and the beast and it glanced off, sending it around the main camp. Baines further blinded it with a flash of light, Blithe having prudently shut his eyes just in time. When he opened them again, the charger was coming around for another pass. The Spiral launched into the air and took a couple swipes at the animal, though it barely scratched the surface of its thick hide. There was a loud roar and the Foo launched itself onto the back of the charger, gripping onto its stone-like armor with her massive claws. The charger bucked, but the Foo refused to release her hold. Capricious fired off a magical blast, hitting the charger right in the face so it was stunned. It stumbled, and the Foo took the opportunity to reach around and tear into its belly.

It took a few heavy swipes, but the charger was soon too weak and damaged to stand. The Foo didn’t let it suffer, opening its throat to end its life with a grim efficiency. Once it was done, it came back to sit by Blithe, looking at him expectantly. Honestly, the entire affair coupled with the days events thus far had only left him queasy, but he offered the Foo and awkward, “Thanks?”

Satisfied, she laid down and began to lick the blood off her paws. The rest of the company stared at her, then at the charger’s body, then at each other.

After a moment, Blithe took a breath and said, “Well. At least we don’t have to hunt for a while.”
Scholar
Coin Toss: Heads (true)
-choking noises-
Rolled Capricious, Baines, and Blithe.

Phew. I forgot how often Pink likes to give me scholars orz. I was so sure something was going to happen when that boss showed up on the 8th battle, I really didn't think I would be able to beat it (Baines's first hit in the battle didn't even tick the bar down, he did so little damage). Surprisingly though, they managed to all pull through for me (with much healing) and even survived the last two battles after that. So no deaths again! (Though Pink is sure trying askdfjadf.)
Anyway, decided I was done waiting for a material and thought their victory with today's death streak deserved some recognition. Watch, a material will drop tomorrow, because that's been my luck.
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez
That was an intense update! It must have been heartwrenching to have the nature of a lost friend cast in such a traitorous light... And this whole Talona thing certainly adds pressure too
That was an intense update! It must have been heartwrenching to have the nature of a lost friend cast in such a traitorous light... And this whole Talona thing certainly adds pressure too
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[b][i]Day Forty Five:[/i][/b] They spent the rest of their day breaking down the rockback charger and cooking off the meat and preserving what they could for later. The hide they did their best to preserve, knowing they could sell it for a fair price. Unfortunately, carrying it around did add quite a bit of weight to their luggage, and so the packs had to be reordered to accommodate it. Luckily, the Foo didn’t seem opposed to being fitted with a maskeshift pack-carrying harness, though they went about this carefully nonetheless. Even so, it was crude, and Blithe thought it might be worth their while to track down a merchant at some point to purchase real travel storage if they planned on carrying so much so often. “Do Daimhín’s maps show any trade routes nearby?” Baines asked from his left. Apparently, he was thinking the same thing. “Maybe,” Blithe replied, zipping over to grab up the maps for studying. Capricious came to look with him while the others continued to work. She helped him find the one focused on paths and traffic, and they traced the routes started all the way from where they were clustered near the Tempest Spire and the coast of the Sea until they thinned over the plains, triangulating all the while with their location. “Doesn’t seem to be much nearby,” the Spiral said aloud after a bit. “Looks like the nearest trade route is back southwest. Besides that, the only one in the direction we’re headed is basically at the border of Shadow territory.” “That’s too far away,” Baines muttered. “Especially since there’s no guarantee there’ll be a merchant waiting for us once we reach it.” “These packs won’t last for very long,” Iuitl put in, currently in the process of patching a piece of Bree’s harness, which had an unfortunate tendency to unravel in places. “If we’re going to find someone to trade with, it has to be soon or we’ll have to leave something behind.” “I think it’d be good idea to find a merchant,” Capricious offered. “I’d feel better if we had a few more medical supplies. I’m getting a little low on herbs.” “And we can sell off these things we don’t need,” Baines added. “Very well. We’ll head back southwest.” Thus settled, they went back to their tasks for the evening. As they puttered around and waited on meat to roast and smoke, Blithe kept looking over at the Foo that was now drowsing contentedly nearby. She needed a name, he knew, but what? “… Tigress,” he said aloud. “What?” Capricious asked, looking up from where she was mixing herbs. “That’s what I’m naming the Foo. Tigress,” he replied. Her frills came up in a happy gesture. “That’s a great name!” she praised. Baines looked less than amused. “Very original,” he said dryly. “I haven’t heard you name your bird yet,” Blithe retorted. “Crow.” “What?” “His name is Crow.” Blithe gave him the most confounded expression he could muster. “Seriously? That’s it?” “Yes.” “Baines, that’s not even a [i]name[/i]-“ “It is a name. I’ve met several dragons named Crow.” The Spiral pulled his palms over his face, meeting the mint dragon’s stoic gaze through his claws. “[i]Fine[/i]. His name is [i]Crow[/i].” Crow let out a loud squawk, and Blithe could swear the creature was smirking at him. He shook his head and went to fix the coals for their ramshackle smoker. He would have to remember to never let Baines name any hatchlings. ----- [item=kamaitachi blades] [i]I KNEW IT.[/i] You can't fool me anymore, Pinkerton, I know your game [emoji=ridgeback deadpan]. Here's something a little less intense than yesterday. Also, the animals needed names, so. Yeah. Our protagonists have also run into the ever present struggle of [i]inventory management[/i]. Press "F" to pay respects to all the video gamers out there. [i]OH OH, who's hyped for Ancient breeds?! Because I sure am aaaahhhhhh[/i] ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez
Day Forty Five:

They spent the rest of their day breaking down the rockback charger and cooking off the meat and preserving what they could for later. The hide they did their best to preserve, knowing they could sell it for a fair price. Unfortunately, carrying it around did add quite a bit of weight to their luggage, and so the packs had to be reordered to accommodate it. Luckily, the Foo didn’t seem opposed to being fitted with a maskeshift pack-carrying harness, though they went about this carefully nonetheless. Even so, it was crude, and Blithe thought it might be worth their while to track down a merchant at some point to purchase real travel storage if they planned on carrying so much so often.

“Do Daimhín’s maps show any trade routes nearby?” Baines asked from his left. Apparently, he was thinking the same thing.

“Maybe,” Blithe replied, zipping over to grab up the maps for studying. Capricious came to look with him while the others continued to work. She helped him find the one focused on paths and traffic, and they traced the routes started all the way from where they were clustered near the Tempest Spire and the coast of the Sea until they thinned over the plains, triangulating all the while with their location.

“Doesn’t seem to be much nearby,” the Spiral said aloud after a bit. “Looks like the nearest trade route is back southwest. Besides that, the only one in the direction we’re headed is basically at the border of Shadow territory.”

“That’s too far away,” Baines muttered. “Especially since there’s no guarantee there’ll be a merchant waiting for us once we reach it.”

“These packs won’t last for very long,” Iuitl put in, currently in the process of patching a piece of Bree’s harness, which had an unfortunate tendency to unravel in places. “If we’re going to find someone to trade with, it has to be soon or we’ll have to leave something behind.”

“I think it’d be good idea to find a merchant,” Capricious offered. “I’d feel better if we had a few more medical supplies. I’m getting a little low on herbs.”

“And we can sell off these things we don’t need,” Baines added. “Very well. We’ll head back southwest.”

Thus settled, they went back to their tasks for the evening. As they puttered around and waited on meat to roast and smoke, Blithe kept looking over at the Foo that was now drowsing contentedly nearby. She needed a name, he knew, but what?

“… Tigress,” he said aloud.

“What?” Capricious asked, looking up from where she was mixing herbs.

“That’s what I’m naming the Foo. Tigress,” he replied. Her frills came up in a happy gesture.

“That’s a great name!” she praised. Baines looked less than amused.

“Very original,” he said dryly.

“I haven’t heard you name your bird yet,” Blithe retorted.

“Crow.”

“What?”

“His name is Crow.” Blithe gave him the most confounded expression he could muster.

“Seriously? That’s it?”

“Yes.”

“Baines, that’s not even a name-“

“It is a name. I’ve met several dragons named Crow.”

The Spiral pulled his palms over his face, meeting the mint dragon’s stoic gaze through his claws. “Fine. His name is Crow.”

Crow let out a loud squawk, and Blithe could swear the creature was smirking at him. He shook his head and went to fix the coals for their ramshackle smoker. He would have to remember to never let Baines name any hatchlings.
Kamaitachi Blades
I KNEW IT. You can't fool me anymore, Pinkerton, I know your game .
Here's something a little less intense than yesterday. Also, the animals needed names, so. Yeah.
Our protagonists have also run into the ever present struggle of inventory management. Press "F" to pay respects to all the video gamers out there.

OH OH, who's hyped for Ancient breeds?! Because I sure am aaaahhhhhh
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez
F

In all honesty, this is a great filler update! I'm glad to know these new names, and I like how they're thinking about trading and getting the supplies they need! I often don't acknowledge survival mechanisms in my own lore.
F

In all honesty, this is a great filler update! I'm glad to know these new names, and I like how they're thinking about trading and getting the supplies they need! I often don't acknowledge survival mechanisms in my own lore.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
F.

I am only excited for ancient dragons because all I want is an ancient similar to coatl with all the leg

seriously though, I'm actually really excited to see any ancient that comes out and will love them all!
F.

I am only excited for ancient dragons because all I want is an ancient similar to coatl with all the leg

seriously though, I'm actually really excited to see any ancient that comes out and will love them all!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 88 89