1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@Hyleoroi
XD yep~

@Hyleoroi
XD yep~

They/Them FR+2
Declaration

“I have found my Charge.”

The whole camp fell silent at Saiph’s words. Everyone was staring incredulously at the guardian.

“ARE YOU SHARDING KIDDING ME?” Tagu jumped up from where he had been conversing with Rue and Savir and swooped over to Saiph, landing on his companion’s massive head. “We set out for an adventure! We were supposed to be searching for months or more before we found your Charge! It was supposed to be really cool! Not some random half dead spiral!” he whipped around to look at Zyl and added a belated “No offense, of course.”

Zyl wasn’t sure how they were supposed to interpret the comment in a non offensive way, but was also against Basil being chosen as Saiph’s Charge so they let it slide.

“I cannot help what my heart tells me to be true. That dragon is my Charge. All of my instincts tell me that.” Saiph insisted.

“It was supposed to be cool!” Tagu repeated, wriggling with frustration. “If you wanted some spiral I was literally right there the whole time!”

“And I protect you still, because you are my friend.” Saiph explained patiently. “But having a Charge is something different. It is a purpose in life. A means of becoming complete.”

Zyl’s feathers fluffed even more at that statement. They stepped back in between Saiph and Basil, glaring daggers at the giant. “He is MY mate.” They declared.

“Then we shall protect him together.” the guardian replied simply, as if that was that.

“UUUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I wanted an adveeennnttuuuurrrreeeee!” Tagu groaned dramatically, flopping himself over Saiph’s face.

“Well, this is a clan of nomads, Tagu. I am sure we will still get plenty of adventures traveling with them.” Saiph replied cheerfully, repositioning himself so that he was coiled in a protective semicircle around Basil and Zyl.

The coatl stared at him incredulously, thoroughly outraged by his assumptions that everyone would just go along with whatever he decided, but unsure of exactly what to say about it. After all, most dragons would be lucky to have such an imposing personal bodyguard.

Zyl was exhausted. They had only slept for an hour or so, then had the battle, the scramble to save Basil, and the funeral for Siel. It was all too much too fast. Now this added on top. They didn’t know what to do about it.

Zyl laid down close to Basil with a frustrated huff. They would deal with the matter later, when they were rested.

They watched Basil’s breathing for a short time, unable to sleep until they were reassured that Basil was stable.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit

Its like 12:30 here and I am so tired but I really wanted to write this. A little short and not a whole lot happens but I have two other posts written that I want to post and need to show some sort of reaction to Saiph's declaration first. X,D
Declaration

“I have found my Charge.”

The whole camp fell silent at Saiph’s words. Everyone was staring incredulously at the guardian.

“ARE YOU SHARDING KIDDING ME?” Tagu jumped up from where he had been conversing with Rue and Savir and swooped over to Saiph, landing on his companion’s massive head. “We set out for an adventure! We were supposed to be searching for months or more before we found your Charge! It was supposed to be really cool! Not some random half dead spiral!” he whipped around to look at Zyl and added a belated “No offense, of course.”

Zyl wasn’t sure how they were supposed to interpret the comment in a non offensive way, but was also against Basil being chosen as Saiph’s Charge so they let it slide.

“I cannot help what my heart tells me to be true. That dragon is my Charge. All of my instincts tell me that.” Saiph insisted.

“It was supposed to be cool!” Tagu repeated, wriggling with frustration. “If you wanted some spiral I was literally right there the whole time!”

“And I protect you still, because you are my friend.” Saiph explained patiently. “But having a Charge is something different. It is a purpose in life. A means of becoming complete.”

Zyl’s feathers fluffed even more at that statement. They stepped back in between Saiph and Basil, glaring daggers at the giant. “He is MY mate.” They declared.

“Then we shall protect him together.” the guardian replied simply, as if that was that.

“UUUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I wanted an adveeennnttuuuurrrreeeee!” Tagu groaned dramatically, flopping himself over Saiph’s face.

“Well, this is a clan of nomads, Tagu. I am sure we will still get plenty of adventures traveling with them.” Saiph replied cheerfully, repositioning himself so that he was coiled in a protective semicircle around Basil and Zyl.

The coatl stared at him incredulously, thoroughly outraged by his assumptions that everyone would just go along with whatever he decided, but unsure of exactly what to say about it. After all, most dragons would be lucky to have such an imposing personal bodyguard.

Zyl was exhausted. They had only slept for an hour or so, then had the battle, the scramble to save Basil, and the funeral for Siel. It was all too much too fast. Now this added on top. They didn’t know what to do about it.

Zyl laid down close to Basil with a frustrated huff. They would deal with the matter later, when they were rested.

They watched Basil’s breathing for a short time, unable to sleep until they were reassured that Basil was stable.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit

Its like 12:30 here and I am so tired but I really wanted to write this. A little short and not a whole lot happens but I have two other posts written that I want to post and need to show some sort of reaction to Saiph's declaration first. X,D
They/Them FR+2
Oh my god tagu is hilarious.
Oh my god tagu is hilarious.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@MisterMylez
I am glad you are enjoying him XD
@MisterMylez
I am glad you are enjoying him XD
They/Them FR+2
"I WANTED AN ADVENTURE SCREEEEDVOTJECUTOEJ" wonderful. Just.... wonderful.

please don't let him die.
"I WANTED AN ADVENTURE SCREEEEDVOTJECUTOEJ" wonderful. Just.... wonderful.

please don't let him die.
@MisterMylez
I know. I was like "haha this character is great :3 ............ oh no "
@MisterMylez
I know. I was like "haha this character is great :3 ............ oh no "
They/Them FR+2
Vision

What are you doing here, Little One?

It was dark. Basil tried to look around but could not see anything around him but blackness.

A crushing pressure weighed down on him, making it difficult to breathe.

He was not alone.
He could feel a vast presence all around him. Ancient and strange and more powerful than anything the spiral could imagine.

Instinctively he looked up, then froze. An immense pair of glowing blue eyes peered down at him from the gloom.

It is not your time to be here, Little One. Go back.

The words came from nowhere and everywhere at once, washing over Basil in a comforting wave. He could feel from the hot pricking in his eyes that he had started to cry, though he did not know why.

The pressure around him started to ease, and the glow of the eyes faded away.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit
Vision

What are you doing here, Little One?

It was dark. Basil tried to look around but could not see anything around him but blackness.

A crushing pressure weighed down on him, making it difficult to breathe.

He was not alone.
He could feel a vast presence all around him. Ancient and strange and more powerful than anything the spiral could imagine.

Instinctively he looked up, then froze. An immense pair of glowing blue eyes peered down at him from the gloom.

It is not your time to be here, Little One. Go back.

The words came from nowhere and everywhere at once, washing over Basil in a comforting wave. He could feel from the hot pricking in his eyes that he had started to cry, though he did not know why.

The pressure around him started to ease, and the glow of the eyes faded away.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit
They/Them FR+2
Oooo, ominous.
Oooo, ominous.
[center][b]Battle Update:[/b][/center] Got caught up on coli time. Everyone came out of regular coli stuff fine. Items used: [item=Golden Snakehead] [item=turkey dinner] [item=shimmering cloth] rolled a 4, 50 battles [item=chimera hide] rolled a 1, 20 battles [item=Toridae Chew Toy] rolled a 5, act as battle stone, tails, level 3 dragons to next level. [item=prehnite] rolled a 1, 20 rounds [item=ambush] Tails, raise 3 dragons to the next level [item=berserker] Heads, death streak D: Death Streak threw me a curve ball I gotta sort out in a future update [s]freaking crit hits[/s]. Feels a little too soon to add it in just yet.
Battle Update:

Got caught up on coli time. Everyone came out of regular coli stuff fine.

Items used:
Golden Snakehead
Turkey Dinner
Shimmering Cloth rolled a 4, 50 battles
Chimera Hide rolled a 1, 20 battles
Toridae Chew Toy rolled a 5, act as battle stone, tails, level 3 dragons to next level.
Prehnite rolled a 1, 20 rounds
Ambush Tails, raise 3 dragons to the next level
Berserker Heads, death streak D:

Death Streak threw me a curve ball I gotta sort out in a future update freaking crit hits. Feels a little too soon to add it in just yet.
They/Them FR+2
Wake

Pain hit Basil like a rock slide and he whimpered, fighting to open his heavy eyelids.

“Sshhhh. Sshhh.It’s okay. I am right here.” Zyl’s voice was close by.

“Hurts.” Basil whimpered, managing to open one eye.

“I know, love. I have herbs for that, now that you are awake.” Zyl soothed, gently touching their snout to Basil’s. “Rue, I need hot water.”

Basil weakly raised his head, thoughts jumbled. “My eye?”

“It’s fine. There is just a nasty gash to the skin around it. I had to wrap it up because it keeps bleeding.” Zyl explained, mixing powdered herbs into the small pot of hot water that Rue had brought to them.

“You need to try to hold as still as you can.” they continued “You have a lot of punctures wounds and gashes, and your left back wing and left foreleg wing both have torn membranes.”

Basil nodded at the information, the pain wracking his body certainly seemed to agree with that statement.

“Before the medicine I need you to try and eat a little. Even just some of the broth would be okay if thats all you can handle.” Zyl urged gently, holding a bowl of soup to Basil’s snout.

Basil drank the soup Zyl offered him, lapping it straight out of the bowl while Zyl held it for him. He managed to get a few of the chunks of meat down and all of the bitter medicine that followed, which seemed to please Zyl.

“Is Ravage okay? Who…?” he trailed off, afraid to finish the question.

“Siel.” Zyl replied softly. “He couldn’t take off in time. Ravage is going to be alright. Her forelegs are pretty beaten up, but otherwise she is fine. Savir’s hind legs got hurt, but he is going to be alright as well. You were the one injured the most, charging in by yourself like that.”

Basil peeked up at the coatl, trying to decipher if the other was angry with him. “I…. I Saw her die. I couldn’t let it kill her like that.” he explained, voice small as the memory of the vision welled up.

Zyl sighed and shook their head, looking worn out. “I am not mad at you for it. You were the bravest of us all. You just scared me. So badly.”

Basil carefully reached out to rub his muzzle against Zyl’s. “I am still here.” he murmured.

A shudder went through Zyl’s whole body at the words and they closed their eyes, fighting back tears.

Exhausted from so much movement, Basil settled back down to rest. Zyl wrapped themself around the smaller dragon protectively, close enough to almost touch but taking great care not to so that they would not aggravate Basil’s wounds.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit

Did a battle update in the post before this one if anyone wants to look. I just don't ping for those because they are not as interesting as lore posts. Also have a couple of adopts ordered to get through those two trinkets.

Saiph was still next to Zyl and Basil when Basil woke up in this post, he just did not want to impose on his new Charge when Basil was clearly so weak and out of it, so he stayed quiet. Basil didn't even notice him.
Wake

Pain hit Basil like a rock slide and he whimpered, fighting to open his heavy eyelids.

“Sshhhh. Sshhh.It’s okay. I am right here.” Zyl’s voice was close by.

“Hurts.” Basil whimpered, managing to open one eye.

“I know, love. I have herbs for that, now that you are awake.” Zyl soothed, gently touching their snout to Basil’s. “Rue, I need hot water.”

Basil weakly raised his head, thoughts jumbled. “My eye?”

“It’s fine. There is just a nasty gash to the skin around it. I had to wrap it up because it keeps bleeding.” Zyl explained, mixing powdered herbs into the small pot of hot water that Rue had brought to them.

“You need to try to hold as still as you can.” they continued “You have a lot of punctures wounds and gashes, and your left back wing and left foreleg wing both have torn membranes.”

Basil nodded at the information, the pain wracking his body certainly seemed to agree with that statement.

“Before the medicine I need you to try and eat a little. Even just some of the broth would be okay if thats all you can handle.” Zyl urged gently, holding a bowl of soup to Basil’s snout.

Basil drank the soup Zyl offered him, lapping it straight out of the bowl while Zyl held it for him. He managed to get a few of the chunks of meat down and all of the bitter medicine that followed, which seemed to please Zyl.

“Is Ravage okay? Who…?” he trailed off, afraid to finish the question.

“Siel.” Zyl replied softly. “He couldn’t take off in time. Ravage is going to be alright. Her forelegs are pretty beaten up, but otherwise she is fine. Savir’s hind legs got hurt, but he is going to be alright as well. You were the one injured the most, charging in by yourself like that.”

Basil peeked up at the coatl, trying to decipher if the other was angry with him. “I…. I Saw her die. I couldn’t let it kill her like that.” he explained, voice small as the memory of the vision welled up.

Zyl sighed and shook their head, looking worn out. “I am not mad at you for it. You were the bravest of us all. You just scared me. So badly.”

Basil carefully reached out to rub his muzzle against Zyl’s. “I am still here.” he murmured.

A shudder went through Zyl’s whole body at the words and they closed their eyes, fighting back tears.

Exhausted from so much movement, Basil settled back down to rest. Zyl wrapped themself around the smaller dragon protectively, close enough to almost touch but taking great care not to so that they would not aggravate Basil’s wounds.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit

Did a battle update in the post before this one if anyone wants to look. I just don't ping for those because they are not as interesting as lore posts. Also have a couple of adopts ordered to get through those two trinkets.

Saiph was still next to Zyl and Basil when Basil woke up in this post, he just did not want to impose on his new Charge when Basil was clearly so weak and out of it, so he stayed quiet. Basil didn't even notice him.
They/Them FR+2
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13