Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Waveswept Wanderers | Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
My computer is really wonky but I actually managed to do one of my yelling coatl adopts as Zyl! [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/52096c3d4a2bf90800888fd3ee0813e2/tumblr_po1zu6OVXN1y859bpo1_400.png[/img][/center]
My computer is really wonky but I actually managed to do one of my yelling coatl adopts as Zyl!
tumblr_po1zu6OVXN1y859bpo1_400.png
They/Them FR+2
Sacridite

The Clan of the Radiant Caverns was situated at the edge of the Water/Plague border. One of the mountains rising up from the ocean’s depths had been tunneled into, excavated until the whole thing was a vast network of caverns and burrows and tunnels. Sacridite shards had been planted along the walls, and had grown quite rapidly with the hopes and dreams of the clan that dwelled there. The magical stones took on various colors based on the dragons who spent the most time nearby, so the whole cave was lit in a multitude of colorful lights. This is where the clan had gotten it’s name.

Every time a clan member left, it was tradition to ask them to take a shard of sacridite with them, to remind them of the place they once called home. The three young travelers were no exception to this. Each of them had taken a shard with them from their sleeping caverns. Their colors matched the young dragons, though that was not always the case. Zyl’s was a dusky garnet, Basil’s a soft blue, and Ravage’s a bright purple. They each kept their shards tucked safely away in their travel bags, close to them so that the stones could still feed from them and would not lose their luster.

(Made a few changes to the rules. Xyl and Basil will be considered the main characters and so they are immune to death, but not bad things happening to them. Figure this is the best way to get me to stop procrastinating because I love them and dont want them to die lol.)

@jaspernoir
Sacridite

The Clan of the Radiant Caverns was situated at the edge of the Water/Plague border. One of the mountains rising up from the ocean’s depths had been tunneled into, excavated until the whole thing was a vast network of caverns and burrows and tunnels. Sacridite shards had been planted along the walls, and had grown quite rapidly with the hopes and dreams of the clan that dwelled there. The magical stones took on various colors based on the dragons who spent the most time nearby, so the whole cave was lit in a multitude of colorful lights. This is where the clan had gotten it’s name.

Every time a clan member left, it was tradition to ask them to take a shard of sacridite with them, to remind them of the place they once called home. The three young travelers were no exception to this. Each of them had taken a shard with them from their sleeping caverns. Their colors matched the young dragons, though that was not always the case. Zyl’s was a dusky garnet, Basil’s a soft blue, and Ravage’s a bright purple. They each kept their shards tucked safely away in their travel bags, close to them so that the stones could still feed from them and would not lose their luster.

(Made a few changes to the rules. Xyl and Basil will be considered the main characters and so they are immune to death, but not bad things happening to them. Figure this is the best way to get me to stop procrastinating because I love them and dont want them to die lol.)

@jaspernoir
They/Them FR+2
[center][u][b]First Squall[/b][/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/492575/49257482.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/491422/49142126.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/497049/49704814.png[/img][/center] “So which way does our Navigator say we go?” Ravage called over her shoulder. The three had spent the better part of an hour playing games of tag in the air to cheer Basil out of his sorrow of leaving home. The border of the Plaguelands was a smudge on the horizon behind them, with nothing but open seas ahead. They had already discussed their travel strategy a little bit, and had decided that since the borderlands between flights could be dangerous to unwary travelers, it would be safest to go a little further into the sea before traveling around its edges. “With Wind being allies of ours, I thought it would be safest to head that direction first.” The spiral replied, “Plus if we are lucky, maybe we can get there in time for the Minstrel Jamboree!” He did a little wiggle at the idea, making Zyl beside him smile. “It would be nice to see. And with so many visitors coming in from all over, nobody should be bothered by us.” The coatl added. “Which means we can pickpocket them!” Ravage crowed excitedly, eager to start gathering more riches for herself. Zyl rolled his eyes at her and Basil quickly interceded before the coatl could retort. “Rav, we already said we didn’t leave to become pirates. We are adventurers and explorers.” The nocturne gave a little snort and a shrug “Right, right. Just a joke~” She replied unconvincingly. Her two friends decided to let the matter go for the moment. ----- They flew on into the day, pausing to eat and rest briefly on another one of the underwater mountains sticking up from the sea. This one did not have any signs of habitation, but mindful of how secretive some clans were about their lairs, the three did not linger. Just in case. The wind started to blow harder in the afternoon, bringing in grey clouds that darkened the sky. The scent of rain filled the air. It was a small little squall, but still a problem. “Where is the nearest shelter?” Zyl asked, turning their head to look at Basil hopefully. Their head crest flattened down in an attempt to become more streamlined and not catch so much wind. The little spiral shook his head, flapping harder to try and speed up their progress. “Not for a little while. About another half hour of open water, then there should be some atolls.” Basil and Ravage were Water elements. They could dive under the waves and still be able to breathe if they needed to. Zyl, however, was Plague, and they had to use magic to be able to breathe underwater. Magic that might not stand up to the might of a stormy sea. And the deep waters held many secrets. Basil’s maps did not have much information on what was under the depths below them. Once they got towards the center and eastern half of the sea, the water was shallower and much more mapped out. But as things were the spiral did not want to drag his friends down into possible danger, looking for shelter that might not exist. Ravage nodded grimly, flying ahead of them a little so that the three made a v shape with her at the front, helping to reduce the wind resistance for the other two. “Zyl and I will take turns at the front. Basil, keep your eyes peeled for those atolls.” She ordered. The wind picked up again, and the rain finally started to fall. Icy sheets pelted the trio, sucking the heat from their bodies, making their muscles stiff and slow to respond. They flew on, wings flailing every now and then when an errant burst of wind would catch them from an unexpected direction. The moments seemed to drag on for hours. Their muscles grew sore and began to burn. Their breathing ragged. Basil looked around desperately for the shelter his map had promised. Surely they should be close by now. Had the wind blown them too far off course to see? After what seemed like another hour he finally spotted a white mass in the water. “THERE!” he cried out, nearly sobbing with relief. Ravage was beside him, taking her turn to rest while Zyl broke the wind in front of them. Without a word she tilted down, breaking formation to swoop towards the narrow ring of sand below them. Zyl stayed back, slowing down just enough to loop his tail around Basil’s torso. The little spiral was just about spent and Zyl was not about to let the storm sweep him off. Ravage had done a quick circle of the atoll before landing in the soft sand. “It’s clear. Just us.” She panted as Zyl and Basil collapsed next to her. The three had plenty of flying practice, but nothing had prepared them for flying through a storm, small one though it was. They were all exhausted now and curled up together, a mass of intertwined tails and necks with wings wrapped around them to shelter themselves from the rest of the wind and rain. They fell asleep almost instantly. ----- [size=2]@jaspernoir two updates in one day? amaze [/size]
First Squall

49257482.png 49142126.png 49704814.png
“So which way does our Navigator say we go?” Ravage called over her shoulder. The three had spent the better part of an hour playing games of tag in the air to cheer Basil out of his sorrow of leaving home. The border of the Plaguelands was a smudge on the horizon behind them, with nothing but open seas ahead.

They had already discussed their travel strategy a little bit, and had decided that since the borderlands between flights could be dangerous to unwary travelers, it would be safest to go a little further into the sea before traveling around its edges.

“With Wind being allies of ours, I thought it would be safest to head that direction first.” The spiral replied, “Plus if we are lucky, maybe we can get there in time for the Minstrel Jamboree!” He did a little wiggle at the idea, making Zyl beside him smile.

“It would be nice to see. And with so many visitors coming in from all over, nobody should be bothered by us.” The coatl added.

“Which means we can pickpocket them!” Ravage crowed excitedly, eager to start gathering more riches for herself.

Zyl rolled his eyes at her and Basil quickly interceded before the coatl could retort. “Rav, we already said we didn’t leave to become pirates. We are adventurers and explorers.”

The nocturne gave a little snort and a shrug “Right, right. Just a joke~” She replied unconvincingly. Her two friends decided to let the matter go for the moment.
They flew on into the day, pausing to eat and rest briefly on another one of the underwater mountains sticking up from the sea. This one did not have any signs of habitation, but mindful of how secretive some clans were about their lairs, the three did not linger. Just in case.

The wind started to blow harder in the afternoon, bringing in grey clouds that darkened the sky. The scent of rain filled the air. It was a small little squall, but still a problem.

“Where is the nearest shelter?” Zyl asked, turning their head to look at Basil hopefully. Their head crest flattened down in an attempt to become more streamlined and not catch so much wind.

The little spiral shook his head, flapping harder to try and speed up their progress. “Not for a little while. About another half hour of open water, then there should be some atolls.” Basil and Ravage were Water elements. They could dive under the waves and still be able to breathe if they needed to. Zyl, however, was Plague, and they had to use magic to be able to breathe underwater. Magic that might not stand up to the might of a stormy sea. And the deep waters held many secrets. Basil’s maps did not have much information on what was under the depths below them. Once they got towards the center and eastern half of the sea, the water was shallower and much more mapped out. But as things were the spiral did not want to drag his friends down into possible danger, looking for shelter that might not exist.

Ravage nodded grimly, flying ahead of them a little so that the three made a v shape with her at the front, helping to reduce the wind resistance for the other two. “Zyl and I will take turns at the front. Basil, keep your eyes peeled for those atolls.” She ordered.

The wind picked up again, and the rain finally started to fall. Icy sheets pelted the trio, sucking the heat from their bodies, making their muscles stiff and slow to respond. They flew on, wings flailing every now and then when an errant burst of wind would catch them from an unexpected direction.

The moments seemed to drag on for hours. Their muscles grew sore and began to burn. Their breathing ragged. Basil looked around desperately for the shelter his map had promised. Surely they should be close by now. Had the wind blown them too far off course to see?

After what seemed like another hour he finally spotted a white mass in the water.

“THERE!” he cried out, nearly sobbing with relief. Ravage was beside him, taking her turn to rest while Zyl broke the wind in front of them. Without a word she tilted down, breaking formation to swoop towards the narrow ring of sand below them.
Zyl stayed back, slowing down just enough to loop his tail around Basil’s torso. The little spiral was just about spent and Zyl was not about to let the storm sweep him off.

Ravage had done a quick circle of the atoll before landing in the soft sand. “It’s clear. Just us.” She panted as Zyl and Basil collapsed next to her.

The three had plenty of flying practice, but nothing had prepared them for flying through a storm, small one though it was. They were all exhausted now and curled up together, a mass of intertwined tails and necks with wings wrapped around them to shelter themselves from the rest of the wind and rain. They fell asleep almost instantly.

@jaspernoir two updates in one day? amaze
They/Them FR+2
[center][u][b]Heth[/b][/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/496214/49621398.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/492575/49257482.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/491422/49142126.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/497049/49704814.png[/img] [/center] “Soooo…. Are you three EVER going to get up?” Basil opened his eyes at the sound of the stranger’s voice, lifting his head from where it had been tucked into Zyl’s neck feathers. The coatl hissed, lifting their head as well. A stone’s throw away from them there was a bogsneak, sprawled out on the sand soaking up the morning sunlight as if he didn’t have a care in the world. His eyes declared him as a Nature dragon, though it was common to see lots of different visitors in Water territory. The Sea was situated in the center of Sornieth and had a booming trade route. “I could have attacked you in your sleep and killed you all, you know.” He told them, his tone light and conversational despite his dark words. “You don’t have to hiss. If I meant harm, it would have been done by now.” “So what do you want then?” Zyl demanded, detangling themself from their two friends without breaking eye contact with the stranger. The movement finally woke Ravage, who sat up and looked around with a yawn, cocking her head with interest when she spotted their new guest. The bogsneak’s head crests fanned up as he caught a good look at the nocturne, and he paused for a split second before replying, almost as if he had lost track of what he had meant to say. “My name is Heth. It is difficult for a lone dragon to travel by themselves. I have experience travelling that you three seem to lack. I help teach you all how to not get killed, you three let me join you for a bit.” Ravage practically jumped at the offer. “SUR-mfff!” Zyl clamped their tail around her mouth, cutting her off. “How do we know we can trust you? Why are you alone in the first place?” they demanded, ignoring Ravage’s indignant squeaking. Heth turned his attention back to the coatl, his crests falling a bit. “My clan was a mercenary one. They traveled around fighting battles for the glory of the Gladekeeper. I liked the travel, I didn’t like the pillaging.” He explained, narrowing his eyes as if daring the Plague coatl to challenge his words. “Fighting for the sake of protecting yourself or others is one thing. Fighting because you want to fame and riches at the cost of other lives is another.” Zyl met Heth’s gaze, holding it for a few long moments before shrugging and letting go of their hold on Ravage’s muzzle. “Sounds like a fair deal to me then.” They replied mildly, turning to go to the edge of the water and drink, Basil still wrapped around them. Ravage hopped over to the bogsneak eagerly, clearing her throat importantly. “Yes, well, AS THE LEADER of this group it was my decision all along, really.” She assured him, making him smile. “So I would like to officially welcome you to our group. My name is Ravage. The coatl is Zyl. The spiral is Basilius, but we just call him Basil.” “Well, I’ve always wondered what it might be like to have a beautiful leader to follow around all day.” Heth replied smoothly, giving her a polite little bow of his head. Ravage returned the little head bow, flustered enough to slip into mimicry. “Well, it will be refreshing to have SOMEONE respecting my authority.” She replied. ----- [size=2] @jaspernoir Got another familiar today, so just when I got one new dragon introduced, I already have another lined up, woops. Had a couple of food items that I hadnt gotten to yet, so used them to take Heth and the future new gal through the coli, since logically they should not show up as lv 1 adults with lore stating that they know how to handle themselves, and in case I get a battle item I dont want to lose them as soon as I get them by taking them into woodland path at lv 1. Items used today: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/23867.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/16457.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/2057.png[/img]
Heth

49621398.png49257482.png 49142126.png 49704814.png

“Soooo…. Are you three EVER going to get up?”

Basil opened his eyes at the sound of the stranger’s voice, lifting his head from where it had been tucked into Zyl’s neck feathers. The coatl hissed, lifting their head as well.

A stone’s throw away from them there was a bogsneak, sprawled out on the sand soaking up the morning sunlight as if he didn’t have a care in the world. His eyes declared him as a Nature dragon, though it was common to see lots of different visitors in Water territory. The Sea was situated in the center of Sornieth and had a booming trade route.

“I could have attacked you in your sleep and killed you all, you know.” He told them, his tone light and conversational despite his dark words. “You don’t have to hiss. If I meant harm, it would have been done by now.”

“So what do you want then?” Zyl demanded, detangling themself from their two friends without breaking eye contact with the stranger. The movement finally woke Ravage, who sat up and looked around with a yawn, cocking her head with interest when she spotted their new guest.

The bogsneak’s head crests fanned up as he caught a good look at the nocturne, and he paused for a split second before replying, almost as if he had lost track of what he had meant to say. “My name is Heth. It is difficult for a lone dragon to travel by themselves. I have experience travelling that you three seem to lack. I help teach you all how to not get killed, you three let me join you for a bit.”

Ravage practically jumped at the offer. “SUR-mfff!” Zyl clamped their tail around her mouth, cutting her off. “How do we know we can trust you? Why are you alone in the first place?” they demanded, ignoring Ravage’s indignant squeaking.

Heth turned his attention back to the coatl, his crests falling a bit. “My clan was a mercenary one. They traveled around fighting battles for the glory of the Gladekeeper. I liked the travel, I didn’t like the pillaging.” He explained, narrowing his eyes as if daring the Plague coatl to challenge his words. “Fighting for the sake of protecting yourself or others is one thing. Fighting because you want to fame and riches at the cost of other lives is another.”

Zyl met Heth’s gaze, holding it for a few long moments before shrugging and letting go of their hold on Ravage’s muzzle. “Sounds like a fair deal to me then.” They replied mildly, turning to go to the edge of the water and drink, Basil still wrapped around them.

Ravage hopped over to the bogsneak eagerly, clearing her throat importantly. “Yes, well, AS THE LEADER of this group it was my decision all along, really.” She assured him, making him smile. “So I would like to officially welcome you to our group. My name is Ravage. The coatl is Zyl. The spiral is Basilius, but we just call him Basil.”

“Well, I’ve always wondered what it might be like to have a beautiful leader to follow around all day.” Heth replied smoothly, giving her a polite little bow of his head.
Ravage returned the little head bow, flustered enough to slip into mimicry. “Well, it will be refreshing to have SOMEONE respecting my authority.” She replied.

@jaspernoir
Got another familiar today, so just when I got one new dragon introduced, I already have another lined up, woops. Had a couple of food items that I hadnt gotten to yet, so used them to take Heth and the future new gal through the coli, since logically they should not show up as lv 1 adults with lore stating that they know how to handle themselves, and in case I get a battle item I dont want to lose them as soon as I get them by taking them into woodland path at lv 1.
Items used today:
23867.png 16457.png 2057.png
They/Them FR+2
[center] [u][b]Whispers[/b][/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/497049/49704814.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/491422/49142126.png[/img][/center] “Do you have any Feelings about him joining us?” Zyl murmured to Basil as the coatl bent down to drink. The little spiral unwrapped himself from his friend, stretching himself out with a little groan before stepping towards the water himself. “Nothing one way or the other, or I would have told you.” He replied amicably, tail unconsciously reaching out to twist around Zyl’s ankle. Zyl suppressed a smile at the gesture and nodded instead. “He seems to be speaking the truth. And Ravage DID drag us all out here pretty quickly, so I am sure there is a lot we still need to know.” They craned their head around to their forepaws, scratching at the shedding scales accumulating around their jawline. They were still growing, and dragon growth was quite rapid. It was a rather uncomfortably itchy time as their skin and scales worked overtime to shed and reshed in order to keep up with their rapidly expanding body. Already Zyl was over a half meter larger today that they were the morning before. Zyl glanced back towards their newest member. From their body language it was pretty clear that Heth and Ravage were flirting. The coatl gave an amused huff. “Well, looks like they hit it off pretty well.” Basil turned to look as well. Heth was telling Ravage some kind of story, occasionally arching his neck or slightly flaring out his wings in emphasis. Ravage seemed enraptured. Hanging on his every word, arching her neck to match his, fluttering her wings slightly whenever his moved. “I’ve never seen her mimicking so much.” Basil observed with a chuckle. “Well. She always has obsessed over shiny things, and he IS pretty shiny.” Zyl joked, “Should we interrupt or let them keep at it while we find some food?” “Let her have some fun. Lets go fishing.” Basil replied, sliding into the warm waters. ----- [size=2]@jaspernoir Having A Week, so update is short. Still have that apparel item up letting me breed, so went ahead and tossed Ravage and Heth on a nest together where they can sit until I make a few more lore building posts for their relationship. Item used today:[/size] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/21367.png[/img]
Whispers

49704814.png 49142126.png

“Do you have any Feelings about him joining us?” Zyl murmured to Basil as the coatl bent down to drink. The little spiral unwrapped himself from his friend, stretching himself out with a little groan before stepping towards the water himself.

“Nothing one way or the other, or I would have told you.” He replied amicably, tail unconsciously reaching out to twist around Zyl’s ankle.

Zyl suppressed a smile at the gesture and nodded instead. “He seems to be speaking the truth. And Ravage DID drag us all out here pretty quickly, so I am sure there is a lot we still need to know.” They craned their head around to their forepaws, scratching at the shedding scales accumulating around their jawline. They were still growing, and dragon growth was quite rapid. It was a rather uncomfortably itchy time as their skin and scales worked overtime to shed and reshed in order to keep up with their rapidly expanding body. Already Zyl was over a half meter larger today that they were the morning before.

Zyl glanced back towards their newest member. From their body language it was pretty clear that Heth and Ravage were flirting. The coatl gave an amused huff. “Well, looks like they hit it off pretty well.”

Basil turned to look as well. Heth was telling Ravage some kind of story, occasionally arching his neck or slightly flaring out his wings in emphasis. Ravage seemed enraptured. Hanging on his every word, arching her neck to match his, fluttering her wings slightly whenever his moved. “I’ve never seen her mimicking so much.” Basil observed with a chuckle.

“Well. She always has obsessed over shiny things, and he IS pretty shiny.” Zyl joked, “Should we interrupt or let them keep at it while we find some food?”

“Let her have some fun. Lets go fishing.” Basil replied, sliding into the warm waters.
@jaspernoir
Having A Week, so update is short.
Still have that apparel item up letting me breed, so went ahead and tossed Ravage and Heth on a nest together where they can sit until I make a few more lore building posts for their relationship.

Item used today:

21367.png
They/Them FR+2
@Alaia
Yo may I be on the McPinglist?
@Alaia
Yo may I be on the McPinglist?
@WOF2012

Yes! Thank you for your interest!
@WOF2012

Yes! Thank you for your interest!
They/Them FR+2
[center][b][u]Lunch Break[/u][/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/491422/49142126.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/497049/49704814.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/492575/49257482.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/496214/49621398.png[/img] [/center] Basil and Zyl took their time gathering lunch. First they went fishing among the reef ringing the atoll. Zyl would wait while Basil snaked his way through the cracks and crevices of the coral, snatching the fish that the spiral flushed out. It didn’t take long for them to have a sizeable meal for the coatl. Setting that aside they took to the sky, teaming up again to catch some of the seabirds that had been roosting on the tiny island. When they returned to their makeshift camp they found Ravage and Heth in much the same state as they had left the pair. Flirting and laughing amongst themselves. Though now it was Ravage telling stories to her new admirer, which sounded a little bit embellished from what Basil could remember of the incident she was now retelling. Still, it wouldn’t be kind of him to point out that she had not in fact fought off a mammertee all by herself when she was a hatchling. And surely Heth knew better, if his amused smirk was anything to go by. “We brought food!” Basil announced proudly and he and Zyl landed with their catch. Zyl set to work gathering supplies to start a fire, while Basil tossed a gull each at Ravage and Heth. “Get to work plucking and Zyl will cook them up for us!” the spiral told them, eagerly starting in on plucking his own. Heth stared down at the gull in front of him for a moment, before smiling softly and starting to pluck it of its feathers as well. Basil wondered if the bogsneak wasn’t used to having food shared with him so openly. “So.” Zyl started, having finished up getting a small fire going and starting in on cleaning fish for their own meal. “What can you teach us today?” Heth nodded, fine with getting down to business. “Well first of all you need to check a campsite more thoroughly before bedding down, I was in the lagoon when you three landed.” Zyl shot Ravage a glance, which sent Heth backpedaling, though he kept his tone casual. “Bogsneaks are pretty good at hiding, so I can’t blame Ravage too much for not seeing me, especially after you three flew through a storm. You all looked pretty worn out.” Ravage nodded, sticking the tip of her tongue out at Zyl who shook their head at her. Heth continued, clearly hoping to smooth things over. “Also even when you are worn out like that, you need to set up a rotating guard. Everyone takes turns sleeping and staying up to watch for danger. With four of us it should go better since it can be split more. That means more sleep for everyone.” “What did you do while you were alone?” Basil asked, finishing his plucking and moving on to cleaning out the insides of his gull. “I’m a light sleeper, and like I said, I am pretty good at hiding. I would just get myself hidden before dozing. Still, it IS pretty hard when you are by yourself. So having you guys around will be nice.” Heth replied. “Yes. And having you around will be very nice as well, I am sure.” Ravage assured him, shuffling her wings. ----- [size=2]@jaspernoir @SpaceBean7117 @WOF2012 Going to start posting the image of whoever's PoV the post is in on top, then the images of whoever else is in the post beneath that. item used: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/6344.png[/img] [/size]
Lunch Break

49142126.png

49704814.png 49257482.png 49621398.png

Basil and Zyl took their time gathering lunch. First they went fishing among the reef ringing the atoll. Zyl would wait while Basil snaked his way through the cracks and crevices of the coral, snatching the fish that the spiral flushed out. It didn’t take long for them to have a sizeable meal for the coatl. Setting that aside they took to the sky, teaming up again to catch some of the seabirds that had been roosting on the tiny island.

When they returned to their makeshift camp they found Ravage and Heth in much the same state as they had left the pair. Flirting and laughing amongst themselves. Though now it was Ravage telling stories to her new admirer, which sounded a little bit embellished from what Basil could remember of the incident she was now retelling. Still, it wouldn’t be kind of him to point out that she had not in fact fought off a mammertee all by herself when she was a hatchling. And surely Heth knew better, if his amused smirk was anything to go by.

“We brought food!” Basil announced proudly and he and Zyl landed with their catch. Zyl set to work gathering supplies to start a fire, while Basil tossed a gull each at Ravage and Heth. “Get to work plucking and Zyl will cook them up for us!” the spiral told them, eagerly starting in on plucking his own.

Heth stared down at the gull in front of him for a moment, before smiling softly and starting to pluck it of its feathers as well. Basil wondered if the bogsneak wasn’t used to having food shared with him so openly.

“So.” Zyl started, having finished up getting a small fire going and starting in on cleaning fish for their own meal. “What can you teach us today?”

Heth nodded, fine with getting down to business. “Well first of all you need to check a campsite more thoroughly before bedding down, I was in the lagoon when you three landed.” Zyl shot Ravage a glance, which sent Heth backpedaling, though he kept his tone casual. “Bogsneaks are pretty good at hiding, so I can’t blame Ravage too much for not seeing me, especially after you three flew through a storm. You all looked pretty worn out.”

Ravage nodded, sticking the tip of her tongue out at Zyl who shook their head at her. Heth continued, clearly hoping to smooth things over. “Also even when you are worn out like that, you need to set up a rotating guard. Everyone takes turns sleeping and staying up to watch for danger. With four of us it should go better since it can be split more. That means more sleep for everyone.”

“What did you do while you were alone?” Basil asked, finishing his plucking and moving on to cleaning out the insides of his gull.

“I’m a light sleeper, and like I said, I am pretty good at hiding. I would just get myself hidden before dozing. Still, it IS pretty hard when you are by yourself. So having you guys around will be nice.” Heth replied.

“Yes. And having you around will be very nice as well, I am sure.” Ravage assured him, shuffling her wings.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012

Going to start posting the image of whoever's PoV the post is in on top, then the images of whoever else is in the post beneath that.

item used:
6344.png

They/Them FR+2
[center][u][b]Heading Towards the Plateau [/b][/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/496214/49621398.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/492575/49257482.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/491422/49142126.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/497049/49704814.png[/img] [/center] The four of them set off from the atoll after lunch that day. The Mistral Jamboree was close at hand, and they needed to hurry in order to make it there in time. Heth was incredibly helpful at teaching the three new adventurers what to look for when inspecting a possible campsite, and ways to disguise their campsite from possible dangers once they had selected one. Sleeping in shifts was a bit difficult at first. Ravage had a short attention span and she tended to doze off in the middle of her shifts, leaving them all unguarded until morning unless someone else happened to wake up in the middle of the night. Finally they settled on giving the first shift to her, and taking away some of her treasures every time she slipped and fell asleep on them. The magpie-like nocturne hated having her jewels taken, and quickly learned how to keep herself occupied until it was her turn to sleep. Heth being a light sleeper, had the next shift. That way there was a chance of him waking up if Ravage settled down to sleep, as the two had taken to sleeping next to one another. While he was up he tended to stargaze, silently staring for hours as the heavens slowly turned above. Zyl was next in line, and would read the tomes they had brought with them by the light of the fire. The tomes contained knowledge of plants, animals, and other natural materials, telling the uses of each for either nutrition, medicine, or poison. Another tome contained Zyl’s notes on possible combinations to try. While Zyl laid next to the fire pouring over their books and notes, Basil slept entwined around the coatl, face buried into Zyl’s warm neck ruff. It had become routine between the pair as the coatl neared the end of their growth spurt, and both drew comfort from the closeness. The final shift belonged to Basil, who would reluctantly uncoil himself from Zyl’s warmth. If he stayed with Zyl he would only be lulled back to sleep again. Basil liked to spend the time patrolling the outer limits of their camp to keep himself busy. Once that was done he would check their supplies. Then check that everything was ready for breakfast to be made quickly. Then check over the maps he had sketched out before bed of the progress they had made the day before. Then repatrol the area around the camp, then recheck supplies, and so on. Really it was difficult for a spiral to sit still so long, but he did his best. And so was their routine as the four island hopped on their way to the Windswept Plateau. The weather held fair, the winds were kind, and the hunting was good. In all it felt like the perfect start to their adventures. ----- @jaspernoir @SpaceBean7117 @WOF2012 Time skip because I had planned on having more posts before the Jamboree but then Life got in the way. Ah well. Items used: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/11295.png[/img]
Heading Towards the Plateau

49621398.png49257482.png 49142126.png 49704814.png
The four of them set off from the atoll after lunch that day. The Mistral Jamboree was close at hand, and they needed to hurry in order to make it there in time. Heth was incredibly helpful at teaching the three new adventurers what to look for when inspecting a possible campsite, and ways to disguise their campsite from possible dangers once they had selected one.

Sleeping in shifts was a bit difficult at first. Ravage had a short attention span and she tended to doze off in the middle of her shifts, leaving them all unguarded until morning unless someone else happened to wake up in the middle of the night. Finally they settled on giving the first shift to her, and taking away some of her treasures every time she slipped and fell asleep on them. The magpie-like nocturne hated having her jewels taken, and quickly learned how to keep herself occupied until it was her turn to sleep.

Heth being a light sleeper, had the next shift. That way there was a chance of him waking up if Ravage settled down to sleep, as the two had taken to sleeping next to one another. While he was up he tended to stargaze, silently staring for hours as the heavens slowly turned above.

Zyl was next in line, and would read the tomes they had brought with them by the light of the fire. The tomes contained knowledge of plants, animals, and other natural materials, telling the uses of each for either nutrition, medicine, or poison. Another tome contained Zyl’s notes on possible combinations to try. While Zyl laid next to the fire pouring over their books and notes, Basil slept entwined around the coatl, face buried into Zyl’s warm neck ruff. It had become routine between the pair as the coatl neared the end of their growth spurt, and both drew comfort from the closeness.

The final shift belonged to Basil, who would reluctantly uncoil himself from Zyl’s warmth. If he stayed with Zyl he would only be lulled back to sleep again. Basil liked to spend the time patrolling the outer limits of their camp to keep himself busy. Once that was done he would check their supplies. Then check that everything was ready for breakfast to be made quickly. Then check over the maps he had sketched out before bed of the progress they had made the day before. Then repatrol the area around the camp, then recheck supplies, and so on. Really it was difficult for a spiral to sit still so long, but he did his best.

And so was their routine as the four island hopped on their way to the Windswept Plateau. The weather held fair, the winds were kind, and the hunting was good. In all it felt like the perfect start to their adventures.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012

Time skip because I had planned on having more posts before the Jamboree but then Life got in the way. Ah well.

Items used:
11295.png
They/Them FR+2
[center][u][b]Mist Jam Part 1[/b][/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/497049/49704814.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/492575/49257482.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/496214/49621398.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/491422/49142126.png[/img][/center] They arrived at the Windswept Plateau on the third day of the Mistral Jamboree. The air was packed full of dragons coming and going from the festivities. Thousands of colorful streamers and brilliant kites bobbed in the gentle breeze. Tents were set up as far as the eye could see as the Wind Flight welcomed all of Sornieth to celebrate with them. The group veered towards one of the landing clearings, touching down and hurrying out of the way as a trio of imperials swooped in behind them. A group of kitsune seemed to be the welcoming committee, and one of them approached the four of them. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/29583.png[/img][/center] “Welcome to the Mistral Jamboree!” he greeted, silk robes rusting softly as he gave a short bow. “Here are lists of some of the activities you can enjoy during your visit. We do hope you enjoy yourselves! Let one of us know if you need any help with anything!” He handed each of them a scroll with a list of events going on that day, before hurrying over to the imperials behind them. Zyl glanced at their companions, noting how Ravage was positively vibrating with excitement. “If we split up we have to agree to all meet up here later, okay?” they said sternly, receiving three bobbing heads in return. “Right here. Moonrise at the latest, deal?” Another three eager nods. “Okay, well. Lets have fun then.” “THERE IS A SCAVENGER HUNT!” Ravage shrieked with delight as she tore off, Heth on her heels. The two quickly disappeared into the crowd. Zyl shook their head as Basil laughed at Ravage and Heth’s antics. “Well,” Basil chuckled “They HAVE been trying to get alone for the last few days, I just thought they might be a little more subtle about it.” Zyl snorted, amused. “Well, Heth is probably taking the chance to be alone. Ravage probably forgot all about their plan as soon as she heard about a chance to find ‘treasures’. Poor Heth is going to have a hard time pulling her attention back from that.” “So. What looks fun to you?” Basil asked, looking down at his list. “Scavenger Hunt, Cloudgazing, Kite Decorating, Cook Off, and later a Masquerade.” Zyl hummed to themselves as they considered the options. The Cook Off could be fun, but they didn’t want to bore Basil with having to sit around and wait. “I think you might enjoy Kite Decorating?” they suggested, glancing at the spiral. Basil smiled, bumping his head against Zyl’s affectionately. “I would. But first lets go see the Cook Off. Don’t worry about me getting antsy, I think it will be fun.” Zyl nuzzled him back, touched by Basil’s thoughtfulness. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2648065/10#post_38291855]Link to Zyl's first Mistral Meals entry[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2648065/13#post_38299427]Link to the judging[/url] ----- [size=2] @jaspernoir @SpaceBean7117 @WOF2012 I know I've got battles stacking up in the pool, but I really wanted to get to MistJam and also let a little time pass so I can hatch the nest Heth and Ravage are chilling on. They can have fights after MistJam X,D item used today: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/28249.png[/img] And since my laptop likes to freak out right now if I try to draw with it and my scanner is packed up for a move in a few weeks, here is an adopt of Basil I commissioned from the wonderful hayum here on fr. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=104483][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/c79bff789d643095773ee919142490b3/tumblr_pp0ydmyZBC1y859bpo3_250.png[/img][/url][/center]
Mist Jam Part 1

49704814.png

49257482.png 49621398.png
49142126.png

They arrived at the Windswept Plateau on the third day of the Mistral Jamboree. The air was packed full of dragons coming and going from the festivities. Thousands of colorful streamers and brilliant kites bobbed in the gentle breeze. Tents were set up as far as the eye could see as the Wind Flight welcomed all of Sornieth to celebrate with them.

The group veered towards one of the landing clearings, touching down and hurrying out of the way as a trio of imperials swooped in behind them. A group of kitsune seemed to be the welcoming committee, and one of them approached the four of them.
29583.png

“Welcome to the Mistral Jamboree!” he greeted, silk robes rusting softly as he gave a short bow. “Here are lists of some of the activities you can enjoy during your visit. We do hope you enjoy yourselves! Let one of us know if you need any help with anything!” He handed each of them a scroll with a list of events going on that day, before hurrying over to the imperials behind them.

Zyl glanced at their companions, noting how Ravage was positively vibrating with excitement. “If we split up we have to agree to all meet up here later, okay?” they said sternly, receiving three bobbing heads in return. “Right here. Moonrise at the latest, deal?” Another three eager nods. “Okay, well. Lets have fun then.”

“THERE IS A SCAVENGER HUNT!” Ravage shrieked with delight as she tore off, Heth on her heels. The two quickly disappeared into the crowd.

Zyl shook their head as Basil laughed at Ravage and Heth’s antics. “Well,” Basil chuckled “They HAVE been trying to get alone for the last few days, I just thought they might be a little more subtle about it.”

Zyl snorted, amused. “Well, Heth is probably taking the chance to be alone. Ravage probably forgot all about their plan as soon as she heard about a chance to find ‘treasures’. Poor Heth is going to have a hard time pulling her attention back from that.”

“So. What looks fun to you?” Basil asked, looking down at his list. “Scavenger Hunt, Cloudgazing, Kite Decorating, Cook Off, and later a Masquerade.”

Zyl hummed to themselves as they considered the options. The Cook Off could be fun, but they didn’t want to bore Basil with having to sit around and wait. “I think you might enjoy Kite Decorating?” they suggested, glancing at the spiral.

Basil smiled, bumping his head against Zyl’s affectionately. “I would. But first lets go see the Cook Off. Don’t worry about me getting antsy, I think it will be fun.”

Zyl nuzzled him back, touched by Basil’s thoughtfulness.

Link to Zyl's first Mistral Meals entry
Link to the judging

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012

I know I've got battles stacking up in the pool, but I really wanted to get to MistJam and also let a little time pass so I can hatch the nest Heth and Ravage are chilling on. They can have fights after MistJam X,D

item used today:
28249.png

And since my laptop likes to freak out right now if I try to draw with it and my scanner is packed up for a move in a few weeks, here is an adopt of Basil I commissioned from the wonderful hayum here on fr.
tumblr_pp0ydmyZBC1y859bpo3_250.png
They/Them FR+2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13