Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Cooking Contest (entries CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
We are now open for entries! You have two weeks to share your goodies :)
We are now open for entries! You have two weeks to share your goodies :)
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
[b]Username:[/b] Neroli [b]Category:[/b] Latte Faire [b]Entry Title:[/b] Nero's Chicken Curry [glutenfree & dairy-free] [s]I'm planning on making it today as this thread actually inspired me, lol. So I'll update with pics as soon as I have them x3 [/s] [b][u]Ingredients[/u][/b] [list] [*] 2 tablespoons of oil (coconut, olive etc.) [*] 2 large chicken fillets, cut into small pieces [*] 1 zucchini, chopped [*] 1-2 bell peppers (red-yellow-orange), chopped [*] 1 teaspoon of minced garlic [*] 1 tablespoon curry powder [*] 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder [*] 2 teaspoons of salt [*] add pepper to taste [*] optional: 1 tablespoon of Curry Paste [*] 1-2 cans coconut milk [*] 1 cup of (cherry) tomatoes [*] optional: sesame seeds and/ or cilantro as topping [/list] [b][u]How-to-make[/u][b] [list] [*] Heat the oil in a pan and add the chicken. Cook until chicken is browned on both sides. [*] add the chopped zucchini and bell peppers and saute until softened. [*] Add the garlic, curry powder, paprika, salt, pepper and the Curry Paste. Saute for 30 seconds. [*] Add the coconut milk. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Add the tomatoes to the pot in the last 5 minutes of cooking. [*]Serve with rice or gluten free rice noodles. Top off with sesame seeds and/ or cilantro [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/QDZr1Z8.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/shQrcya.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/IhGeCxM.png[/img][/center]
Username: Neroli

Category: Latte Faire

Entry Title: Nero's Chicken Curry [glutenfree & dairy-free]

I'm planning on making it today as this thread actually inspired me, lol. So I'll update with pics as soon as I have them x3

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons of oil (coconut, olive etc.)
  • 2 large chicken fillets, cut into small pieces
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1-2 bell peppers (red-yellow-orange), chopped
  • 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
  • 2 teaspoons of salt
  • add pepper to taste
  • optional: 1 tablespoon of Curry Paste
  • 1-2 cans coconut milk
  • 1 cup of (cherry) tomatoes
  • optional: sesame seeds and/ or cilantro as topping

How-to-make
  • Heat the oil in a pan and add the chicken. Cook until chicken is browned on both sides.
  • add the chopped zucchini and bell peppers and saute until softened.
  • Add the garlic, curry powder, paprika, salt, pepper and the Curry Paste. Saute for 30 seconds.
  • Add the coconut milk. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Add the tomatoes to the pot in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
  • Serve with rice or gluten free rice noodles. Top off with sesame seeds and/ or cilantro
    QDZr1Z8.png

shQrcya.png

IhGeCxM.png
ZVpCPil.png
[quote=] if i could be added to the pinglist, that'd be awesome! thanks in advance :3c[/quote] [b]Username:[/b] sublimevoide #261388 [b]Category:[/b] Sunshine is Sweet [b]Entry Title:[/b] Voide's Disappearing PBChoc No-Bake Cookies [u][b]Ingredients:[/b][/u] [list] [*]2 cups sugar [*]1/2 cup milk [*]1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter [*]1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder [*]1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon [*]3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats [*]1 cup smooth peanut butter [*]1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract [*]Large pinch kosher salt[/list] [u][b]Recipe:[/b][/u] Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment. Bring the sugar, milk, butter, cocoa, vanilla, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add the peanut butter first, then the oats, and stir to combine. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. [b]Judging Photo[/b] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/397057205679030277/460370159966617600/image.png[/img] I absolutely love these cookies and I make them all the time. The recipe is super simple and easy to use and you get these nice, soft, delectable treats that fall apart right in your mouth.
wrote:
if i could be added to the pinglist, that'd be awesome! thanks in advance :3c

Username: sublimevoide #261388

Category: Sunshine is Sweet

Entry Title: Voide's Disappearing PBChoc No-Bake Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • Large pinch kosher salt

Recipe:
Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment.

Bring the sugar, milk, butter, cocoa, vanilla, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add the peanut butter first, then the oats, and stir to combine.

Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Judging Photo
image.png

I absolutely love these cookies and I make them all the time. The recipe is super simple and easy to use and you get these nice, soft, delectable treats that fall apart right in your mouth.
KihBt9M.png
aaaa Ashton
He/It
Virgo
FRT + 3
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
Moodboards for Gems
Dom Org / AFF Runner
AFF Hub
Credit
aaaa
KPsrVzj.png
@Sylvandyr, a quick question! When you say 'an acceptable substitute', would I be able to use aquafaba for Sunny Side Up and soy milk for Latte Faire? Just wanted to check first!
@Sylvandyr, a quick question! When you say 'an acceptable substitute', would I be able to use aquafaba for Sunny Side Up and soy milk for Latte Faire? Just wanted to check first!
DSEHBxF.png
@Sylvandyr Please add me to the pinglist!
@Sylvandyr Please add me to the pinglist!
XW2PxEW.png
rolls across thread and badges

flops into corner to stare at food \o/
rolls across thread and badges

flops into corner to stare at food \o/
A school of pastel-colored ASCII fish!
@Neroli Yay, thank you for entering :) I hope you enjoy a yummy dish!

@sublimevoide Thank you so much for entering! I've added you to the ping list. :)

@ryttu3k Absolutely! Please feel free to use aquafaba for Sunny Side Up and soy milk for Latte Faire. :) I'm looking forward to your dishes!

@BrightIce Added, thank you :)
@Neroli Yay, thank you for entering :) I hope you enjoy a yummy dish!

@sublimevoide Thank you so much for entering! I've added you to the ping list. :)

@ryttu3k Absolutely! Please feel free to use aquafaba for Sunny Side Up and soy milk for Latte Faire. :) I'm looking forward to your dishes!

@BrightIce Added, thank you :)
@Sylvandyr

:D

Can you add me to the pinglist as well?
I'm about to go make a mess of my recently cleaned kitchen, but totally worth it
@Sylvandyr

:D

Can you add me to the pinglist as well?
I'm about to go make a mess of my recently cleaned kitchen, but totally worth it
ZVpCPil.png
-excited screaming and stomping-

I will be submitting entries. Muahaha.
-excited screaming and stomping-

I will be submitting entries. Muahaha.
@Neroli Added! Oh no, more kitchen cleaning... The things we do for food. :)

@anika Fantastic, I'm looking forward to your entries :)
@Neroli Added! Oh no, more kitchen cleaning... The things we do for food. :)

@anika Fantastic, I'm looking forward to your entries :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16