Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Cooking Contest (entries CLOSED)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
[img]https://i.imgur.com/BqB5DD3.jpg[/img] [b]Username:[/b] ofendlessstars [b]Category:[/b] Sunshine is Sweet [b]Entry Title:[/b] Light & Fluffy Lemon Bites [columns] [b]Prep time:[/b] 15 min [b]Total time:[/b] 45 min [b]Makes:[/b] ~40 bite-sized cookies [b]Ingredients[/b] 2 1/4 cups flour 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup butter, softened 1 cup sugar 2 large eggs 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp lemon extract 1 tsp vanilla extract Yellow food coloring* 1/2 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) * optional; food coloring will make your cookies bright yellow! [nextcol] [b]Directions[/b] 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 2. Use a nonstick baking sheet, or line your baking sheet with parchment paper. 3. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. 4. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar then mix in egg, lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract and 5-6 drops of yellow food coloring. 5. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. 6. Chill dough for at least 1 hour. 7. Remove dough from your refrigerator. Pour powdered sugar into a small dish. 8. Form~1/2 inch balls from dough (I used a tablespoon to help size them) and roll them into the powdered sugar to coat well. Place balls onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. 9. Bake for 10 minutes. 10. Allow to cool on the baking sheet slightly before transferring to a cooling rack. Re-roll in powdered sugar if desired. [/columns] [b]Notes:[/b] I did not use yellow food coloring, so my cookies didn't have the bright yellow "lemon" look, but you don't need it for them to taste good! I did opt to re-roll them in powdered sugar after baking, as some of the sugar coating will melt into the cookies during baking. Baking directions may be different if you're at altitude, so adjust as needed. [b]Additional Pictures:[/b] 1. Ready to bake! [img]https://i.imgur.com/vLkei6E.jpg[/img] 2. Just removed from the oven [img]https://i.imgur.com/B0ukQVo.jpg[/img] (and [url=https://i.imgur.com/R1bgEIa.jpg]here[/url] is a picture where you can read my note as it was out of focus in the good food picture. Sorry, judges.)
BqB5DD3.jpg

Username: ofendlessstars
Category: Sunshine is Sweet
Entry Title: Light & Fluffy Lemon Bites

Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 45 min
Makes: ~40 bite-sized cookies

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
Yellow food coloring*
1/2 cup powdered sugar
(confectioner's sugar)

* optional; food coloring
will make your cookies
bright yellow!

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Use a nonstick baking sheet, or line your baking sheet with
parchment paper.

3. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
Set aside.

4. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar then mix in
egg, lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract and 5-6 drops of
yellow food coloring.

5. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.

6. Chill dough for at least 1 hour.

7. Remove dough from your refrigerator. Pour powdered sugar
into a small dish.

8. Form~1/2 inch balls from dough (I used a tablespoon to help
size them) and roll them into the powdered sugar to coat well.
Place balls onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

9. Bake for 10 minutes.

10. Allow to cool on the baking sheet slightly before transferring
to a cooling rack. Re-roll in powdered sugar if desired.

Notes:
I did not use yellow food coloring, so my cookies didn't have the bright yellow "lemon" look, but you don't need it for them to taste good! I did opt to re-roll them in powdered sugar after baking, as some of the sugar coating will melt into the cookies during baking.
Baking directions may be different if you're at altitude, so adjust as needed.

Additional Pictures:
1. Ready to bake!
vLkei6E.jpg

2. Just removed from the oven
B0ukQVo.jpg

(and here is a picture where you can read my note as it was out of focus in the good food picture. Sorry, judges.)
YsUBlZc.png
My favorite food I ate this week was the korean barbeque I had! I'm not really into trying new things, so I was really apprehensive, but once I actually kicked myself into trying it, I really really enjoyed it!
My favorite food I ate this week was the korean barbeque I had! I'm not really into trying new things, so I was really apprehensive, but once I actually kicked myself into trying it, I really really enjoyed it!
KihBt9M.png
aaaa Ashton
He/It
Virgo
FRT + 3
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
Moodboards for Gems
Dom Org / AFF Runner
AFF Hub
Credit
aaaa
KPsrVzj.png
@sublimevoide I love Korean barbeque! I'm glad you decided to take the leap and enjoyed it :)

By the way, no rush, but have you had the chance to make the cookies in your entry yet? Just wanted to check on the photos. :)
@sublimevoide I love Korean barbeque! I'm glad you decided to take the leap and enjoyed it :)

By the way, no rush, but have you had the chance to make the cookies in your entry yet? Just wanted to check on the photos. :)
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
I'm going to the store today! I've been a bit busy with credit recovery (darn you school) and prepping for my dad's birthday, but now that it's the weekend I can get started on them!
I'm going to the store today! I've been a bit busy with credit recovery (darn you school) and prepping for my dad's birthday, but now that it's the weekend I can get started on them!
KihBt9M.png
aaaa Ashton
He/It
Virgo
FRT + 3
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
Moodboards for Gems
Dom Org / AFF Runner
AFF Hub
Credit
aaaa
KPsrVzj.png
Best thing I had to eat this week was some chicken ravioli in alfredo sauce, mixed with fresh vegetables and grilled chicken. Was even nicer since everything was on sale at the grocery store!
Best thing I had to eat this week was some chicken ravioli in alfredo sauce, mixed with fresh vegetables and grilled chicken. Was even nicer since everything was on sale at the grocery store!
B17-L.pngs9-d01-Equusina.pngs9-d02-Equusina.pngs9-d03-Equusina.pngs9-d04-Equusina.pngs9-d05-Equusina.pngs9-d06-Equusina.pngs9-d07-Equusina.pngs9-d08-Equusina.pngs9-d09-Equusina.pngs9-d10-Equusina.pngs9-d11-Equusina.pngs9-d12-Equusina.pngs9-d13-Equusina.pngs9-d14-Equusina.pngB17-R.png
Hex0gCq.png
center]tWjEyu3.png[/center]
59TgHaL.png6qRiT6A.pnggLbSZXW.gif

uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png kQXO8qG.gif
Btrc1b3.png

CvMCKOn.png
YS78n0y.gif
oapIRSh.png

OvJsD6v.png qS8m3Il.png
9wmtr73.gif
tZfAbHX.gif
tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no8_r1_100.png[/url]glitterbomb_starfall_2016_by_starkindlerstudio-dai1j8g.png 3nlGtPe.gifequusina_TODbadge.pngBzeVYAh.png
@ofendlessstars
Those cookies look awesome! Love lemon bars and these look easier to eat and so yummy!
@ofendlessstars
Those cookies look awesome! Love lemon bars and these look easier to eat and so yummy!
B17-L.pngs9-d01-Equusina.pngs9-d02-Equusina.pngs9-d03-Equusina.pngs9-d04-Equusina.pngs9-d05-Equusina.pngs9-d06-Equusina.pngs9-d07-Equusina.pngs9-d08-Equusina.pngs9-d09-Equusina.pngs9-d10-Equusina.pngs9-d11-Equusina.pngs9-d12-Equusina.pngs9-d13-Equusina.pngs9-d14-Equusina.pngB17-R.png
Hex0gCq.png
center]tWjEyu3.png[/center]
59TgHaL.png6qRiT6A.pnggLbSZXW.gif

uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png kQXO8qG.gif
Btrc1b3.png

CvMCKOn.png
YS78n0y.gif
oapIRSh.png

OvJsD6v.png qS8m3Il.png
9wmtr73.gif
tZfAbHX.gif
tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no8_r1_100.png[/url]glitterbomb_starfall_2016_by_starkindlerstudio-dai1j8g.png 3nlGtPe.gifequusina_TODbadge.pngBzeVYAh.png
@Equusina Yes, they're super tasty and pretty easy! If you're really brave, you might even try adding more lemon if you like that tart lemon bar flavor. :)
@Equusina Yes, they're super tasty and pretty easy! If you're really brave, you might even try adding more lemon if you like that tart lemon bar flavor. :)
YsUBlZc.png
@sublimevoide Sounds great! I find baking pretty difficult, so that no-bake recipe is pretty exciting for me :) Thank you!

@Equusina That sounds delicious! It's awesome when a meal is cheap and good.
@sublimevoide Sounds great! I find baking pretty difficult, so that no-bake recipe is pretty exciting for me :) Thank you!

@Equusina That sounds delicious! It's awesome when a meal is cheap and good.
[b]Username:[/b] Roenais [b]Category:[/b] Sunny Side Up [b]Entry Title:[/b] Sunbeam Omurice appologies for my kind of lackluster instructions, i'm a very "wing it and see what happens" type of cook! ----- [size=4][b]Ingredients: [/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vpyxPGR.jpg[/img] [LIST] [*] three eggs [*] an eggcup and a half of skimmed milk [*] microwave rice found in the bottom of the cupboard [*] an unidentifiable measurement of grated cheese [*] a handful of frozen ready-to-eat chicken strips [*] 1/2 cup of mixed frozen veg (onion, carrots and celery) [*] a fist-full of frozen sweetcorn [*] a pinch of pepper [*] a larger pinch of salt [*] a healthy slathering of ketchup [*] a vague splash of soy sauce [*] the pitiful drizzle of sesame oil found in a discarded bottle [*] three knifefuls of margerine to make up for the lack of oil [*] lots of guesswork [*] a miracle [/LIST] ----- [size=4][b]Instructions: [/b][/size] [LIST=1] [*] Defrost your chicken and vegetables via. the Microwave. I put mine in on a medium heat for around two minutes. [*] Add oil/margerine to a frying pan. Simmer on a mid-high heat for five minutes. While they fry, get the two minute rice into the microwave and grate the cheese. [*] Add the rice, ketchup, soy-sauce, pepper and salt into the mix. Add enough ketchup to coat the whole mixture in a light red tone, but don't overdo it or the entire thing will become very sickly and hard to stomach unless you're some kind of ketchup loving heathen. [*] Transfer the mixture to a plate and wash out your frying pan. Allow the hob to cool slightly and add fresh oil/marg [*] Mix your eggs and milk with a slight pinch of salt and pour into the frying pan. Allow it to cook on the underside, don't worry about flipping it. At this point I'd like to mention that my recipe is probably actually best suited to make two servings. I ended up making one mega omurice out of two omlettes, and it took an hour to finish eating, so I'd reccomend reducing the ingridience you make (or following a proper recipe...) [*] One the eggs is browning slightly on the edges, coat it in cheese and pour your rice mixture on top. [*] Transfer the whole thing to a plate by placing it over the pan and flipping it. [*] Now the fun part: The garnishing! I decorated mine with a ring of ketchup and a few slithers of cheese cut to resemble the emblem of the light flight. I hope it actually shows up properly in the photos! [/LIST] [img]https://i.imgur.com/BFbwKTI.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/v8vT1HL.jpg[/img] It came out much larger than expected, but I loved the taste! the cheese really held it together and the variety of vegetables kept the whole thing interesting all the way through. The ketchup tasted much more like real tomato than expected, maybe because it was mixed in with the other veg? In future I just need to make sure I cook it smaller, as I ended up with a dish for two crammed into my tiny goblin stomach. orz
Username: Roenais

Category: Sunny Side Up

Entry Title: Sunbeam Omurice

appologies for my kind of lackluster instructions, i'm a very "wing it and see what happens" type of cook!

Ingredients:

vpyxPGR.jpg

• three eggs
  • an eggcup and a half of skimmed milk
  • microwave rice found in the bottom of the cupboard
  • an unidentifiable measurement of grated cheese
  • a handful of frozen ready-to-eat chicken strips
  • 1/2 cup of mixed frozen veg (onion, carrots and celery)
  • a fist-full of frozen sweetcorn
  • a pinch of pepper
  • a larger pinch of salt
  • a healthy slathering of ketchup
  • a vague splash of soy sauce
  • the pitiful drizzle of sesame oil found in a discarded bottle
  • three knifefuls of margerine to make up for the lack of oil
  • lots of guesswork
  • a miracle

Instructions:
  1. Defrost your chicken and vegetables via. the Microwave. I put mine in on a medium heat for around two minutes.
  2. Add oil/margerine to a frying pan. Simmer on a mid-high heat for five minutes. While they fry, get the two minute rice into the microwave and grate the cheese.
  3. Add the rice, ketchup, soy-sauce, pepper and salt into the mix. Add enough ketchup to coat the whole mixture in a light red tone, but don't overdo it or the entire thing will become very sickly and hard to stomach unless you're some kind of ketchup loving heathen.
  4. Transfer the mixture to a plate and wash out your frying pan. Allow the hob to cool slightly and add fresh oil/marg
  5. Mix your eggs and milk with a slight pinch of salt and pour into the frying pan. Allow it to cook on the underside, don't worry about flipping it.

At this point I'd like to mention that my recipe is probably actually best suited to make two servings. I ended up making one mega omurice out of two omlettes, and it took an hour to finish eating, so I'd reccomend reducing the ingridience you make (or following a proper recipe...)
  6. One the eggs is browning slightly on the edges, coat it in cheese and pour your rice mixture on top.
  7. Transfer the whole thing to a plate by placing it over the pan and flipping it.
  8. Now the fun part: The garnishing! I decorated mine with a ring of ketchup and a few slithers of cheese cut to resemble the emblem of the light flight. I hope it actually shows up properly in the photos!

BFbwKTI.jpg

v8vT1HL.jpg

It came out much larger than expected, but I loved the taste! the cheese really held it together and the variety of vegetables kept the whole thing interesting all the way through. The ketchup tasted much more like real tomato than expected, maybe because it was mixed in with the other veg?

In future I just need to make sure I cook it smaller, as I ended up with a dish for two crammed into my tiny goblin stomach. orz

@Roenais Thank you for the first Sunny Side Up entry! What an adorable dish :) "wing it and see what happens" definitely worked out here!
@Roenais Thank you for the first Sunny Side Up entry! What an adorable dish :) "wing it and see what happens" definitely worked out here!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16