Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [ The Bloodborne Plague: A Pinkerlocke ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 63 64
@ScarcasticHawke

I have recently been doing a pinkerlocke of my own, and I stumbled upon your's! So far, I am hooked! I hope you won't mind if I request to get added to the ping list?
@ScarcasticHawke

I have recently been doing a pinkerlocke of my own, and I stumbled upon your's! So far, I am hooked! I hope you won't mind if I request to get added to the ping list?
OwO
@MagicSpyglass Definitely don't mind at all =^D I'm ecstatic whenever anyone likes my writing. I'll add you to the pinglist now, and go check out your own Pinkerlocke. They're so frustrating but tons of fun! I'm just super behind right now on the writing portion of mine...
@MagicSpyglass Definitely don't mind at all =^D I'm ecstatic whenever anyone likes my writing. I'll add you to the pinglist now, and go check out your own Pinkerlocke. They're so frustrating but tons of fun! I'm just super behind right now on the writing portion of mine...
myJetjB.png RjKznf9.pnglightshade.pngmHtR8zD.png Gz6OPCO.png
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180214/80213770476ae47dae55772fc3735da8.png[/img] [item=Shady Highnoon Vest] [b]Category[/b]: Apparel [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31734862]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31763746]Next Day[/url][/center] [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/67ebfc9f10c910c54d27bbfe5de1d907/tumblr_n1o3nok8P11qcmptjo2_250.gif[/img][/center] ...could it actually GET more Valentine's Day themed?! Unfortunately I don't actually want to breed any of these dragons together yet. Not to mention I have no free nests and none of them are actually RTB. So instead I will be putting this item on the backburner until I decide who I want to pair up. I will update either this post or, more likely, a future post with the ensuing romance. Please bear in mind that it may not be anyone in my current team...I may wait until I introduce a new dragon!
80213770476ae47dae55772fc3735da8.png
Shady Highnoon Vest
Category: Apparel

Previous Day - Next Day
tumblr_n1o3nok8P11qcmptjo2_250.gif

...could it actually GET more Valentine's Day themed?! Unfortunately I don't actually want to breed any of these dragons together yet. Not to mention I have no free nests and none of them are actually RTB. So instead I will be putting this item on the backburner until I decide who I want to pair up.

I will update either this post or, more likely, a future post with the ensuing romance. Please bear in mind that it may not be anyone in my current team...I may wait until I introduce a new dragon!
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180216/2ed0b8afdc26c7141be4fd12cc5d0c92.png[/img] [item=Bottled Bones] [b]Category[/b]: Material [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31746489]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31777586]Next Day[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39121181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/391212/39121181_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Upon leaving the clinic, everyone was silent. The plague doctor's instructions and advice kept reverberating through their minds like angry wasps as they attached their wingpieces. Keanu was the first to speak, gesturing over towards the marketplace stalls further down the road. "Shall we head over and see what wares they have available? Doctor Devorak is right, we won't last a day without some form of weaponry." Korcari turned to him and smiled; it was a bit forced but he could tell she was simply unnerved by all they had heard. He returned the expression as gently as he could. "Sounds like a plan," the Imperial replied. She turned to Ronja and continued. "I know a lot about bartering. Perks of growing up in a merchant caravan. If you both see anything you want, come find me and I'll help you get the best price." The Wildclaw didn't seem all too convinced but nodded anyway. Her crest puffed up restlessly as she faced the stalls. "Very well, let's get what we need and go." Eyes catching on a weapon-smith near the back, Ronja took her leave and went to peruse his wares. Sharing a look, the other two followed suit. In the end, Keanu found a nice staff that could not only be used as a channel for his magic, but also as a physical weapon as well. He stocked up on a few more health pots and some bandages in case they ran out, along with a couple extra rolls of parchment. Korcari purchased a set of polished twin daggers, a whetstone, a set of lock-picks, and a few snares to help gather food while in the wilderness. Though her gaze caught on a beautiful set of Darksteel Bracelets, she turned away. They were not practical...she didn't need them. Ronja returned to the party with a skinning knife, a rather short but powerful cleaver, extra water skins, and a portable spit to roast meat with. She seemed a bit sheepish about having asked for the Imperial rogue's assistance in bartering for the spit, but grateful that she hadn't had to pay the original price. After pooling their remaining funds, the group grimaced. Even with Korcari's haggling skills they only had enough to purchase maybe a few day's rations altogether. Though most of their time would be spent out in the wilds, they would need to return to the city periodically to report back to Doctor Devorak and replenish supplies. They couldn't do that without coin... Frowning, Ronja turned to face the city gates, tail twitching. When she spoke, the other two blinked in surprise. "Why don't we go explore those ruins the doctor talked about? The ones to the north?" She shrugged and turned back to her group. "There were a few of those in the Shrieking Wilds. You could always find good stuff there, if it hadn't already been picked clean by other scavengers. And Korcari, you have experience with this do you not? We can go explore and bring back whatever we think will sell for a decent price." The Imperial grinned. "It is right up my alley," she replied happily. "What do you think Keanu? It would certainly help our money problem." The Coatl chuckled, lips curled up in a soft smile. "I say we go for it," he declared. Gripping his staff tight he turned and began walking towards the city's entrance. After getting some directions from one of the guards, Keanu and the others requested to be let out. Despite their newfound excitement, the sound of the heavily fortified gates slamming shut behind them made the adventures jump. This was it...they were really going to try and find a cure! Trying not to think too much about what dangers lurked along their path, the three began their trek to the northern ruins. It took almost half the day before they spotted the toppled columns and crumbling walls of their destination. Glancing about nervously, the group approached with caution, weapons drawn. When it was clear nothing lurked in the shadows, Korcari began to scan for any traps that might have been left behind, either by the original owners or other explorers. Thankfully, it appeared that no one had been brave enough to explore these ruins. They each took a small section within shouting distance of one another and got to work. All in all it was a pretty lucrative find. There were cloths that could be cleaned and made into bandages, clay fertility statues, various minerals and ores, and intact pottery that could be used to store potions and salves. Unfortunately no treasure chests had been found. When they had scavenged all they could the trio began the trek back towards the Hewn City. The darker it got, the more nervous they became, but thankfully made it back to the gates before anything decided to ambush them. The night merchants were [i]very[/i] pleased with their finds indeed! Deciding to sleep in one of the local inns for the night, the group resolved to head out first thing in the morning to finally begin their journey. [center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180207/7a16a0b4537a22e8b76be605d6e957f9.png[/img]
2ed0b8afdc26c7141be4fd12cc5d0c92.png
Bottled Bones
Category: Material

Previous Day - Next Day

39121181_350.png

Upon leaving the clinic, everyone was silent. The plague doctor's instructions and advice kept reverberating through their minds like angry wasps as they attached their wingpieces. Keanu was the first to speak, gesturing over towards the marketplace stalls further down the road.

"Shall we head over and see what wares they have available? Doctor Devorak is right, we won't last a day without some form of weaponry."

Korcari turned to him and smiled; it was a bit forced but he could tell she was simply unnerved by all they had heard. He returned the expression as gently as he could.

"Sounds like a plan," the Imperial replied. She turned to Ronja and continued. "I know a lot about bartering. Perks of growing up in a merchant caravan. If you both see anything you want, come find me and I'll help you get the best price."

The Wildclaw didn't seem all too convinced but nodded anyway. Her crest puffed up restlessly as she faced the stalls. "Very well, let's get what we need and go." Eyes catching on a weapon-smith near the back, Ronja took her leave and went to peruse his wares. Sharing a look, the other two followed suit.

In the end, Keanu found a nice staff that could not only be used as a channel for his magic, but also as a physical weapon as well. He stocked up on a few more health pots and some bandages in case they ran out, along with a couple extra rolls of parchment.

Korcari purchased a set of polished twin daggers, a whetstone, a set of lock-picks, and a few snares to help gather food while in the wilderness. Though her gaze caught on a beautiful set of Darksteel Bracelets, she turned away. They were not practical...she didn't need them.

Ronja returned to the party with a skinning knife, a rather short but powerful cleaver, extra water skins, and a portable spit to roast meat with. She seemed a bit sheepish about having asked for the Imperial rogue's assistance in bartering for the spit, but grateful that she hadn't had to pay the original price.

After pooling their remaining funds, the group grimaced. Even with Korcari's haggling skills they only had enough to purchase maybe a few day's rations altogether. Though most of their time would be spent out in the wilds, they would need to return to the city periodically to report back to Doctor Devorak and replenish supplies.

They couldn't do that without coin...

Frowning, Ronja turned to face the city gates, tail twitching. When she spoke, the other two blinked in surprise. "Why don't we go explore those ruins the doctor talked about? The ones to the north?" She shrugged and turned back to her group. "There were a few of those in the Shrieking Wilds. You could always find good stuff there, if it hadn't already been picked clean by other scavengers. And Korcari, you have experience with this do you not? We can go explore and bring back whatever we think will sell for a decent price."

The Imperial grinned. "It is right up my alley," she replied happily. "What do you think Keanu? It would certainly help our money problem."

The Coatl chuckled, lips curled up in a soft smile. "I say we go for it," he declared. Gripping his staff tight he turned and began walking towards the city's entrance. After getting some directions from one of the guards, Keanu and the others requested to be let out.

Despite their newfound excitement, the sound of the heavily fortified gates slamming shut behind them made the adventures jump. This was it...they were really going to try and find a cure!

Trying not to think too much about what dangers lurked along their path, the three began their trek to the northern ruins. It took almost half the day before they spotted the toppled columns and crumbling walls of their destination. Glancing about nervously, the group approached with caution, weapons drawn.

When it was clear nothing lurked in the shadows, Korcari began to scan for any traps that might have been left behind, either by the original owners or other explorers. Thankfully, it appeared that no one had been brave enough to explore these ruins. They each took a small section within shouting distance of one another and got to work.

All in all it was a pretty lucrative find. There were cloths that could be cleaned and made into bandages, clay fertility statues, various minerals and ores, and intact pottery that could be used to store potions and salves. Unfortunately no treasure chests had been found.

When they had scavenged all they could the trio began the trek back towards the Hewn City. The darker it got, the more nervous they became, but thankfully made it back to the gates before anything decided to ambush them.

The night merchants were very pleased with their finds indeed!

Deciding to sleep in one of the local inns for the night, the group resolved to head out first thing in the morning to finally begin their journey.

7a16a0b4537a22e8b76be605d6e957f9.png
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180216/af66c0a87467a5f6ce6e576441f901b2.png[/img] [item=Albino Dasher] [b]Category[/b]: Food [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31763746]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31801872]Next Day[/url][/center] [center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/Io2j5ZJBss5Rm/giphy.gif[/img][/center] YES! Okay, I'm no longer mad at you Pinkerton. Time to train up my new, still un-named baby boy! Required to do 20-30 matches total. Went into the Woodland Path as I don't think my dragons can earn exp in the Training Fields anymore with him on the team. Before entering the Coliseum my dragons had: (more shopping lol) [b]Minor Potions[/b]: 344 [b]Health Potion[/b]: 395 [b]Major Health Potion[/b]: 2 [b]Cleansing Tonic[/b]: 19 Almost lost the Spiral a couple of times, especially during Battle 14 where he got a 143 damage critical hit. Thankfully he dodged the second attack and I gave him a Health Potion to make sure he survived until the end. Didn't have to leave the Coli once during this time, though there were some close calls there. [b]Interesting drops[/b]: [item=leafy pack][item=leafy pack][item=leafy pack] After entering the Coliseum my dragons had: [b]Minor Potions[/b]: 323 [b]Health Potion[/b]: 388 [b]Major Health Potion[/b]: 2 [b]Cleansing Tonic[/b]: 19 Spiral's Stats are now: Lvl 4 (almost 5) STR 10 | AGI 10 | VIT 7 | QCK 15 | INT 7 | DEF 15 | MND 15 This was with Light Dom though so stats are a bit skewed. Didn't forget to sell all my extra junk this time, so the totals are: 513 from selling Materials 67 from selling Trinkets [b]Extra Items[/b]: [item=leafy pack] x3 = 300 [b]Treasure Total[/b]: 28,001 [b]Gem Total[/b]: 0
af66c0a87467a5f6ce6e576441f901b2.png
Albino Dasher
Category: Food

Previous Day - Next Day
giphy.gif

YES! Okay, I'm no longer mad at you Pinkerton. Time to train up my new, still un-named baby boy! Required to do 20-30 matches total. Went into the Woodland Path as I don't think my dragons can earn exp in the Training Fields anymore with him on the team.

Before entering the Coliseum my dragons had: (more shopping lol)

Minor Potions: 344
Health Potion: 395
Major Health Potion: 2
Cleansing Tonic: 19

Almost lost the Spiral a couple of times, especially during Battle 14 where he got a 143 damage critical hit. Thankfully he dodged the second attack and I gave him a Health Potion to make sure he survived until the end. Didn't have to leave the Coli once during this time, though there were some close calls there.

Interesting drops:
Leafy Pack Leafy Pack Leafy Pack

After entering the Coliseum my dragons had:

Minor Potions: 323
Health Potion: 388

Spiral's Stats are now: Lvl 4 (almost 5)
STR 10 | AGI 10 | VIT 7 | QCK 15 | INT 7 | DEF 15 | MND 15

This was with Light Dom though so stats are a bit skewed. Didn't forget to sell all my extra junk this time, so the totals are:

513 from selling Materials
67 from selling Trinkets

Extra Items:
Leafy Pack x3 = 300

Treasure Total: 28,001
Gem Total: 0
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180218/e18e57c6d31ad67fa9461d78659cd0b5.png[/img] [Item= Sticky Webbing] [b]Category[/b]: Materials [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31777586]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31808015]Next Day[/url][/center] [b]Decided to write up Korcari's backstory and share it here, because dragon bios also count for materials. It doesn't have to just be story, right? Besides my story muse decided to run away after I wrote the first two snippets so like, this is all I got at this point. Enjoy![/b] --- A former scavenger, Korcari used to travel all across Sornieth to ply her family's goods. As a hatchling her mother abandoned her clutch to run off with a younger lover, and as such her father took her and her sister and joined up with a group of merchant caravans. All their schooling was thus received while traveling. Korcari learned a lot on the road, including how to fight and sneak undetected in and out of places she shouldn't have been. She learned the best places to scavenge for useful items and how to barter, how to avoid ancient traps and read numerous old languages. It wasn't long before most of the merchants came to her when they needed something. Whether it was to haggle with a particularly stubborn customer or delve into a newfound ruin to search for artifacts, the Imperial would do it gladly. Back then she still had a stomach for adventure and the thrill of danger. When the plague hit, it devastated their caravan. The local wolf packs had been growing restless and one night they ambushed the merchants as they sat by their fires. Korcari's sister, Fiora, was the first to go, having succumbed to the disease after getting bitten trying to fend them off. The Imperial had to watch as her sister shrieked and foamed, contorting her head to try and chew off the restraints they'd put her in. After the third day her father had to drive a knife through Fiora's heart to end her suffering... On the fourth, the rest of the caravan party finally succumbed as well. Korcari will never forget how many friends she had to slay that day...how many she had to fight in order to escape. Her father, brave Wildclaw that he was, had been injured during the first raid and told her to run while he held them off. Though she refused to leave him, Lobelio insisted, and the young Imperial eventually ran with tears in her eyes. His screams as he was torn apart still echo in her nightmares. Now, Korcari is a quiet Imperial who worked as a thief for hire for a time, until she met Keanu and Ronja in the Hewn City. Upon hearing Doctor Devorak's request for assistance, she resolved to join with them in order to help find a cure. No more dragons need die of this disease if she can help it. --- [b]END[/b]
e18e57c6d31ad67fa9461d78659cd0b5.png
Sticky Webbing

Category: Materials

Previous Day - Next Day

Decided to write up Korcari's backstory and share it here, because dragon bios also count for materials. It doesn't have to just be story, right? Besides my story muse decided to run away after I wrote the first two snippets so like, this is all I got at this point. Enjoy!

---

A former scavenger, Korcari used to travel all across Sornieth to ply her family's goods. As a hatchling her mother abandoned her clutch to run off with a younger lover, and as such her father took her and her sister and joined up with a group of merchant caravans. All their schooling was thus received while traveling.

Korcari learned a lot on the road, including how to fight and sneak undetected in and out of places she shouldn't have been. She learned the best places to scavenge for useful items and how to barter, how to avoid ancient traps and read numerous old languages.

It wasn't long before most of the merchants came to her when they needed something. Whether it was to haggle with a particularly stubborn customer or delve into a newfound ruin to search for artifacts, the Imperial would do it gladly. Back then she still had a stomach for adventure and the thrill of danger.

When the plague hit, it devastated their caravan. The local wolf packs had been growing restless and one night they ambushed the merchants as they sat by their fires. Korcari's sister, Fiora, was the first to go, having succumbed to the disease after getting bitten trying to fend them off. The Imperial had to watch as her sister shrieked and foamed, contorting her head to try and chew off the restraints they'd put her in.

After the third day her father had to drive a knife through Fiora's heart to end her suffering...

On the fourth, the rest of the caravan party finally succumbed as well.

Korcari will never forget how many friends she had to slay that day...how many she had to fight in order to escape. Her father, brave Wildclaw that he was, had been injured during the first raid and told her to run while he held them off. Though she refused to leave him, Lobelio insisted, and the young Imperial eventually ran with tears in her eyes.

His screams as he was torn apart still echo in her nightmares.

Now, Korcari is a quiet Imperial who worked as a thief for hire for a time, until she met Keanu and Ronja in the Hewn City. Upon hearing Doctor Devorak's request for assistance, she resolved to join with them in order to help find a cure. No more dragons need die of this disease if she can help it.

---

END
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180218/4eb80b9b741a08e4b72cb18e26c8da34.png[/img] [item=Ruby-Throated Hummingbird] [b]Category[/b]: Food [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31801872]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31832549]Next Day[/url][/center] Required to do 40-50 matches. Before entering the Coliseum my dragons had: [b]Minor Potions[/b]: 323 [b]Health Potion[/b]: 389 [b]Major Health Potion[/b]: 2 [b]Cleansing Tonic[/b]: 19 Decided to train in the Woodland path with the girls and Fletcher again for a bit to level him up more. [b]Interesting Drops[/b]: [item=congeal][item=leafy pack][item=frozen might fragment] I backed out after the very first fight because he leveled up to 5. I gave him a wave elemental slash and an aquatic might fragment before dividing his points between strength and vitality and going back in. Fled during battle 49 because I did NOT want to fight 2 Wildwood Owls plus a Sakura Owl with low health. Went back in to finish the last match. After entering the Coliseum my dragons had: [b]Minor Potions[/b]: 303 [b]Health Potion[/b]: 387 [b]Major Health Potion[/b]: 2 [b]Cleansing Tonic[/b]: 19 Korcari and Ronja are now level 8 while Keanu is still level 7. Fletcher managed to reach level 6 with all the training today. Stats for the entire team at the moment are as follows: [b]Korcari[/b]: STR 30 | AGI 6 | VIT 15 | QCK 20 | INT 8 | DEF 18 | MND 18 [b]Keanu[/b]: STR 5 | AGI 6 | VIT 15 | QCK 19 | INT 30 | DEF 14 | MND 14 [b]Ronja[/b]: STR 30 | AGI 9 | VIT 15 | QCK 20 | INT 5 | DEF 18 | MND 18 [b]Fletcher[/b]: STR 20 | AGI 9 | VIT 15 | QCK 17 | INT 6 | DEF 14 | MND 14 These are the stats without Light Dom. Sold a bunch more useless junk they found: 782 from selling Materials 157 from selling Trinkets [b]Extra Items[/b]: [item=leafy pack] x1 = 100 [b]Treasure Total[/b]: 29,040 [b]Gem Total[/b]: 0
4eb80b9b741a08e4b72cb18e26c8da34.png
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird
Category: Food

Previous Day - Next Day

Required to do 40-50 matches. Before entering the Coliseum my dragons had:

Minor Potions: 323
Health Potion: 389

Decided to train in the Woodland path with the girls and Fletcher again for a bit to level him up more.

Interesting Drops:
Congeal Leafy Pack Frozen Might Fragment

I backed out after the very first fight because he leveled up to 5. I gave him a wave elemental slash and an aquatic might fragment before dividing his points between strength and vitality and going back in.

Fled during battle 49 because I did NOT want to fight 2 Wildwood Owls plus a Sakura Owl with low health. Went back in to finish the last match.

After entering the Coliseum my dragons had:

Minor Potions: 303
Health Potion: 387

Korcari and Ronja are now level 8 while Keanu is still level 7. Fletcher managed to reach level 6 with all the training today. Stats for the entire team at the moment are as follows:

Korcari: STR 30 | AGI 6 | VIT 15 | QCK 20 | INT 8 | DEF 18 | MND 18
Keanu: STR 5 | AGI 6 | VIT 15 | QCK 19 | INT 30 | DEF 14 | MND 14
Ronja: STR 30 | AGI 9 | VIT 15 | QCK 20 | INT 5 | DEF 18 | MND 18
Fletcher: STR 20 | AGI 9 | VIT 15 | QCK 17 | INT 6 | DEF 14 | MND 14

These are the stats without Light Dom.

Sold a bunch more useless junk they found:

782 from selling Materials
157 from selling Trinkets

Extra Items:
Leafy Pack x1 = 100

Treasure Total: 29,040
Gem Total: 0
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180222/0e7dda3ac3b668ca90819ef097994329.png[/img] [item=tattered Interloper Scrap] [b]Category:[/b] Material [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31808015]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31841570]Next Day[/url][/center] [b]Today you all get Keanu's backstory. Hope you enjoy![/b] --- An orphan with a deep affinity for magic, Keanu never knew his parents. Taken in by a group of monks as a hatchling when he was left on their doorstep, the Coatl grew up learning to harness his powers both for healing and for battle. He was taught not to fear his magic but to embrace it, and as a result he flourished under their care. Though never officially a member of the monks himself, Keanu assisted with temple duties where he could, most often tending to the herb gardens and those in the infirmary, or running errands into town. At the temple he had peace. He knew every hallway, every prayer room, each crevice of the library and stretch of the gardens. It was the only home he could remember. Never once did he dream he would leave it. Until one night, a stranger came knocking on the temple door. Feverish and in pain, the old Guardian begged for healing, teeth stained black with blood and scales slick with sweat. Never ones to turn away someone in need, the monks brought the dragon into the infirmary and set to work. Their best healers brewed potion after potion, mixed poultice after poultice, all trying to find what was wrong. None of them had ever seen a disease of this nature before. Their kindness proved to be a mistake… During the night a week later, the diseased dragon succumbed and went on a rampage, slaughtering monks left and right. Keanu woke to the sounds of screeching, of tearing flesh and the clattering of prayer beads as they rolled across the bloodied halls. Leaping to the temple’s defense, he and the other mages managed to subdue and kill the poor creature, but the plague had already taken hold. Soon, the temple fell into ruin as, one by one, the monks turned ill due to their injuries and became slavering beasts. Brother fell upon brother as the plague infiltrated their minds, the urge to scratch and bite and eat anything in their vicinity too overwhelming to control. Keanu and a small group were the only ones able to survive and flee the temple. Not knowing where to go they struck out for the nearest city in hopes of finding someone who knew what was happening. Yet no travelers they met knew anymore than they did. When they heard of survivors in the Hewn City, the group decided to travel to join them. They offered their services in the healing arts upon arriving as well as the ability to perform burial rights for those who had been lost to the plague. After a few weeks living in the ruins of the city, Keanu heard that a local plague doctor was searching for a cure and decided to offer his services as a mage to the adventuring party he’d created. That is how he, Ronja, and Korcari met. --- [b]END[/b]
0e7dda3ac3b668ca90819ef097994329.png
Tattered Interloper Scrap

Previous Day - Next Day

Today you all get Keanu's backstory. Hope you enjoy!

---

An orphan with a deep affinity for magic, Keanu never knew his parents. Taken in by a group of monks as a hatchling when he was left on their doorstep, the Coatl grew up learning to harness his powers both for healing and for battle. He was taught not to fear his magic but to embrace it, and as a result he flourished under their care. Though never officially a member of the monks himself, Keanu assisted with temple duties where he could, most often tending to the herb gardens and those in the infirmary, or running errands into town.

At the temple he had peace. He knew every hallway, every prayer room, each crevice of the library and stretch of the gardens. It was the only home he could remember. Never once did he dream he would leave it.

Until one night, a stranger came knocking on the temple door. Feverish and in pain, the old Guardian begged for healing, teeth stained black with blood and scales slick with sweat. Never ones to turn away someone in need, the monks brought the dragon into the infirmary and set to work. Their best healers brewed potion after potion, mixed poultice after poultice, all trying to find what was wrong. None of them had ever seen a disease of this nature before.

Their kindness proved to be a mistake…

During the night a week later, the diseased dragon succumbed and went on a rampage, slaughtering monks left and right. Keanu woke to the sounds of screeching, of tearing flesh and the clattering of prayer beads as they rolled across the bloodied halls. Leaping to the temple’s defense, he and the other mages managed to subdue and kill the poor creature, but the plague had already taken hold.

Soon, the temple fell into ruin as, one by one, the monks turned ill due to their injuries and became slavering beasts. Brother fell upon brother as the plague infiltrated their minds, the urge to scratch and bite and eat anything in their vicinity too overwhelming to control. Keanu and a small group were the only ones able to survive and flee the temple.

Not knowing where to go they struck out for the nearest city in hopes of finding someone who knew what was happening. Yet no travelers they met knew anymore than they did. When they heard of survivors in the Hewn City, the group decided to travel to join them. They offered their services in the healing arts upon arriving as well as the ability to perform burial rights for those who had been lost to the plague.

After a few weeks living in the ruins of the city, Keanu heard that a local plague doctor was searching for a cure and decided to offer his services as a mage to the adventuring party he’d created. That is how he, Ronja, and Korcari met.

---

END
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180222/609a1a71b6042f2987898a061868af26.png[/img] [item=Cursed Tuft of Fur] [b]Category[/b]: Material [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31832549]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/4#post_31856885]Next Day[/url][/center] [b]Last but not least we have Ronja's backstory![/b] --- Formerly of the Shrieking Wilds, Ronja was the top scout and hunter for her tribe. The dense jungle with its abundance of flora and fauna made an ideal hunting ground, and they defended it fiercely from outsiders. As the daughter of one of the chieftains, Ronja had been promised as a mate to another chieftain's son from an early age. The young Wildclaw was uncertain but found that her future mate, a kind Nocturne named Urien with a penchant for helping her ambush prey, soon stole her heart. However, it was not to be, as once the plague hit, the jungle that they had once called home became a prison. Infected animals lurked among the foliage, and raids from beastclans who carried the disease became more and more frequent. The tribes were in turmoil as more and more of their brethren caught the infection and were either killed or died on their own of the affliction. During the first week Ronja lost her parents, though the shamans tried everything in their power to find a cure. No herbs or magic seemed to help. Devastated, Ronja took on leadership of her clan with Urien by her side. And the two managed to fend off the encroaching disease, at least for a time. No one left the camp alone and anyone who was injured was immediately quarantined to watch for signs of infection. But food was growing scarcer as more wildlife became tainted with plague. Eventually, what remained of the tribe had to strike out in search of better huting. When Urien was felled during a hunting trip by an infected boar, Ronja was the one who had to take his life lest he infect the entire encampment. One after another her tribe members fell, until only a few remained. Though her heart ached to leave behind the home she had once loved, Ronja knew that staying in the jungle would spell death. Thus, she left in an attempt to find a land untouched by the plague. So far, she hasn't found it. Ending up in the Hewn City after wandering the wilds alone, the Wildclaw heard of a local Plague Doctor who was determined to find a cure. Upon enlisting to help in his search, she met Korcari and Keanu and decided to join with them, as the more eyes to watch for danger the higher the chances of survival. --- [b]END[/b]
609a1a71b6042f2987898a061868af26.png
Cursed Tuft of Fur

Previous Day - Next Day

Last but not least we have Ronja's backstory!

---

Formerly of the Shrieking Wilds, Ronja was the top scout and hunter for her tribe. The dense jungle with its abundance of flora and fauna made an ideal hunting ground, and they defended it fiercely from outsiders. As the daughter of one of the chieftains, Ronja had been promised as a mate to another chieftain's son from an early age. The young Wildclaw was uncertain but found that her future mate, a kind Nocturne named Urien with a penchant for helping her ambush prey, soon stole her heart.

However, it was not to be, as once the plague hit, the jungle that they had once called home became a prison. Infected animals lurked among the foliage, and raids from beastclans who carried the disease became more and more frequent. The tribes were in turmoil as more and more of their brethren caught the infection and were either killed or died on their own of the affliction. During the first week Ronja lost her parents, though the shamans tried everything in their power to find a cure.

No herbs or magic seemed to help.

Devastated, Ronja took on leadership of her clan with Urien by her side. And the two managed to fend off the encroaching disease, at least for a time. No one left the camp alone and anyone who was injured was immediately quarantined to watch for signs of infection.

But food was growing scarcer as more wildlife became tainted with plague. Eventually, what remained of the tribe had to strike out in search of better huting.

When Urien was felled during a hunting trip by an infected boar, Ronja was the one who had to take his life lest he infect the entire encampment.

One after another her tribe members fell, until only a few remained. Though her heart ached to leave behind the home she had once loved, Ronja knew that staying in the jungle would spell death. Thus, she left in an attempt to find a land untouched by the plague. So far, she hasn't found it.

Ending up in the Hewn City after wandering the wilds alone, the Wildclaw heard of a local Plague Doctor who was determined to find a cure. Upon enlisting to help in his search, she met Korcari and Keanu and decided to join with them, as the more eyes to watch for danger the higher the chances of survival.

---

END
@SarcasticHawke
Hello! May I be added to the general pinglist? I've really enjoyed reading everything so far! im also weak for all the character references... its Good Stuff. i also wish you the biggest luck!
@SarcasticHawke
Hello! May I be added to the general pinglist? I've really enjoyed reading everything so far! im also weak for all the character references... its Good Stuff. i also wish you the biggest luck!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 63 64