Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Festival of Snails - Sideshow Alley
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Phenakite’s Philanthropy

I gifted newbie player whit couple new familiars and and pastel teardop set (it was in his wishlist)
Phenakite’s Philanthropy

I gifted newbie player whit couple new familiars and and pastel teardop set (it was in his wishlist)
B43QG5A.png
(Partway through writing this I ate a muffin, heh. ^^ ) [br] [center]~[i]Chalcedony’s Tales of the Festival[/i]~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33922432][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/339225/33922432p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25039626][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/250397/25039626p.png[/img][/url][/center] “Oh wow!” Inima was the first to approach of the duo, and waved an arm at the great snail. “Hi Snastle! I’m Inima and that’s Ruha and we’re looking forward to the festival!” Ruha reached her companion and the two presented the seashell-gifts they'd prepared. “Here’s what we brought for you, enjoy!” The two moved around the stalls, taking in the sights and pausing to look at anything particularly interesting. “I’ve never seen so many Snappers in one place before.” The Coatl remarked. “I passed a troupe once in the desert but it wasn’t like this.” “In general festivals will draw diverse visitors. Often some travellers specifically plan their routes to coincide with them.” Ruha informed Inima. “Really? Wow…” The Coatl wandered over to a stand where a Snapper was committing to memory various accounts of cryptids. It appeared that some visitors had opted to leave hard-copies of reports for reference. “Oh wow!” Inima picked up a handful and looked through. “Hey! One of these was left by one of the clan!” Ruha caught up and Inima remarked to her, “so others [i]did[/i] come.” The Pearlcatcher gestured to their surroundings. “Not only is it remarkable to encounter the likes of a Snailith, it’s a special occasion and one embracing dragon and beastclan guest alike. I believe Melreyna decided to attend formally to offer her regards and commend the host-clan.” “Ahh, making new friends. How nice!” “So that would probably explain who left the report. I heard that Chlorr fully intended to learn about shell construction and care, given its function as a structure.” “But, that might mean leaving Veev behind. She’s not all that keen on travel.” “Well, my dear, that’s something they’ll deal with. I trust they will find a solution that makes them both happiest.” Inima giggled softly. “Who else do you think we might see?” “Well, Shunic’s a lover of travelling to see new sights. In spite of her timidity Molerince travels out of the lair fairly often.” “Good for her!” “Strala might decide that this would make a nice family outing and others might bank on there being libraries of interest.” “Though maybe the non-literal kind, knowing Snappers.” “True.” The festival was a colourful and merry place and the two were enjoying their day. “So we’ve seen a raffle, a bunch of artists, that nice lady we told how to get a letter to us about future festivals, we may go back to that fortune-teller…what else is there?” Inima recounted points of interest of their visit so far. “Some storytellers have been wandering in and out and some of the other visitors have been wandering around in costume. The hatching has yet to happen, but we haven’t yet-” “-[i]Baking[/i]!” Inima hurried over to a stall and hummed happily at the delicious air. Plump pies, gently frosted cookies, moist brownies, treats of berries and nuts. The Fire dragon was impressed at the array. “Ooh, can I try this!”Inima handed over payment and tried a muffin. She made pleased noises as she ate and Ruha joined her with a couple of bags from shopping at an incense stall. “This is delicious!” Inima announced.”How do you make that? Umm…Well. You bake too, so here!” With that, the Coatl presented the bemused stall-owner with a small bag of flour as a gift. The Snapper laughed and recommended an author who was known for good books of recipes that weren’t especially difficult, but itself had recommendations at the end for potential further reading. The baker was thanked and the two moved on. “Need to remember about that book.” Inima commented half to herself. “Perhaps someone at the festival has a copy to sell.” “Really? Best keep an eye out then!” Ruha smiled, delighted at her companion's zest.
(Partway through writing this I ate a muffin, heh. ^^ )

~Chalcedony’s Tales of the Festival~

33922432p.png25039626p.png

“Oh wow!” Inima was the first to approach of the duo, and waved an arm at the great snail. “Hi Snastle! I’m Inima and that’s Ruha and we’re looking forward to the festival!” Ruha reached her companion and the two presented the seashell-gifts they'd prepared. “Here’s what we brought for you, enjoy!”

The two moved around the stalls, taking in the sights and pausing to look at anything particularly interesting. “I’ve never seen so many Snappers in one place before.” The Coatl remarked. “I passed a troupe once in the desert but it wasn’t like this.”
“In general festivals will draw diverse visitors. Often some travellers specifically plan their routes to coincide with them.” Ruha informed Inima.
“Really? Wow…”

The Coatl wandered over to a stand where a Snapper was committing to memory various accounts of cryptids. It appeared that some visitors had opted to leave hard-copies of reports for reference. “Oh wow!” Inima picked up a handful and looked through. “Hey! One of these was left by one of the clan!” Ruha caught up and Inima remarked to her, “so others did come.”
The Pearlcatcher gestured to their surroundings. “Not only is it remarkable to encounter the likes of a Snailith, it’s a special occasion and one embracing dragon and beastclan guest alike. I believe Melreyna decided to attend formally to offer her regards and commend the host-clan.”
“Ahh, making new friends. How nice!”
“So that would probably explain who left the report. I heard that Chlorr fully intended to learn about shell construction and care, given its function as a structure.”
“But, that might mean leaving Veev behind. She’s not all that keen on travel.”
“Well, my dear, that’s something they’ll deal with. I trust they will find a solution that makes them both happiest.”
Inima giggled softly. “Who else do you think we might see?”
“Well, Shunic’s a lover of travelling to see new sights. In spite of her timidity Molerince travels out of the lair fairly often.”
“Good for her!”
“Strala might decide that this would make a nice family outing and others might bank on there being libraries of interest.”
“Though maybe the non-literal kind, knowing Snappers.”
“True.”

The festival was a colourful and merry place and the two were enjoying their day.
“So we’ve seen a raffle, a bunch of artists, that nice lady we told how to get a letter to us about future festivals, we may go back to that fortune-teller…what else is there?” Inima recounted points of interest of their visit so far.
“Some storytellers have been wandering in and out and some of the other visitors have been wandering around in costume. The hatching has yet to happen, but we haven’t yet-”
“-Baking!” Inima hurried over to a stall and hummed happily at the delicious air. Plump pies, gently frosted cookies, moist brownies, treats of berries and nuts. The Fire dragon was impressed at the array. “Ooh, can I try this!”Inima handed over payment and tried a muffin. She made pleased noises as she ate and Ruha joined her with a couple of bags from shopping at an incense stall.
“This is delicious!” Inima announced.”How do you make that? Umm…Well. You bake too, so here!” With that, the Coatl presented the bemused stall-owner with a small bag of flour as a gift. The Snapper laughed and recommended an author who was known for good books of recipes that weren’t especially difficult, but itself had recommendations at the end for potential further reading. The baker was thanked and the two moved on. “Need to remember about that book.” Inima commented half to herself.
“Perhaps someone at the festival has a copy to sell.”
“Really? Best keep an eye out then!”
Ruha smiled, delighted at her companion's zest.

thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[quote=Variscite’s Familiar Matchmaking][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30779704] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307798/30779704_350.png[/img] [/url][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/22382.png[/img][sub] Colourful flowers bloomed throughout the lush green field, a field as of yet untouched by dragonkind. No one quite yet knew of the fighting and battles that would litter this particular field in mere weeks, but that's a story for another day. A Primrose Mith - cream and pink in colour - danced through the meadows on it's usual run - pollinating the flowers and picking herbs for remedies, taking care to never take more than they needed. Not far from this Mith was a careless Tundra hatchling - also cream and pink in colour - who was quite happily eating everything in her path, from grass to flowers to insects alike. Who would've thought a Mith of all things could teach a [i]dragon[/i] to stop taking everything they didn't need? They saved her from a bellyache of all things, I guess. Primrose and Poof have been inseperable since, with Poof even growing a love for flowers and adorning herself in them much to Primrose's delight. Together they roam the quieter parts of the Training Fields - pollinating the flowers and picking herbs for remedies, but always taking care to never take more than they need.[/sub][/quote]
Variscite’s Familiar Matchmaking wrote:

30779704_350.png
22382.png
Colourful flowers bloomed throughout the lush green field, a field as of yet untouched by dragonkind. No one quite yet knew of the fighting and battles that would litter this particular field in mere weeks, but that's a story for another day. A Primrose Mith - cream and pink in colour - danced through the meadows on it's usual run - pollinating the flowers and picking herbs for remedies, taking care to never take more than they needed.

Not far from this Mith was a careless Tundra hatchling - also cream and pink in colour - who was quite happily eating everything in her path, from grass to flowers to insects alike. Who would've thought a Mith of all things could teach a dragon to stop taking everything they didn't need? They saved her from a bellyache of all things, I guess.

Primrose and Poof have been inseperable since, with Poof even growing a love for flowers and adorning herself in them much to Primrose's delight. Together they roam the quieter parts of the Training Fields - pollinating the flowers and picking herbs for remedies, but always taking care to never take more than they need.
e52f489a8e41315cbc10c068af7ac89eb91baf88.png
"Variscite’s Familiar Matchmaking" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14285978] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/142860/14285978_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/9668.png[/img] Straton and his beetle Straton is a Spiral who sees everything. Which is why he is a perfect commentator at the local Arena. Sometimes he’s even invited to other locations. He talks fast, humorously and connects with the audience. In his spare time he likes to train his Tufted Leaf Beetle, Emmett, so that they will be victorious in the mini Arena. Whether this will come true or not… well miracles do happen. Straton believes wholeheartedly in Emmett but if you gaze into the beetles eye you can see the hopelessness. The beetle knows the truth. He'd run if he met anything other than an insect! Some days when Emmett wakes up he feels odd, as if something is missing. He’ll glance at Straton questionably: the Spirals orange fluff seems thicker than before.
"Variscite’s Familiar Matchmaking"

14285978_350.png

9668.png

Straton and his beetle
Straton is a Spiral who sees everything. Which is why he is a perfect commentator at the local Arena. Sometimes he’s even invited to other locations. He talks fast, humorously and connects with the audience. In his spare time he likes to train his Tufted Leaf Beetle, Emmett, so that they will be victorious in the mini Arena. Whether this will come true or not… well miracles do happen. Straton believes wholeheartedly in Emmett but if you gaze into the beetles eye you can see the hopelessness. The beetle knows the truth. He'd run if he met anything other than an insect!
Some days when Emmett wakes up he feels odd, as if something is missing. He’ll glance at Straton questionably: the Spirals orange fluff seems thicker than before.
504f80011beaedbc218e4f4b8bac8de685fdf63d.png
Chalcedony’s Tales of the Festival! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31491622] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/314917/31491622.png[/img] [/url] [/center] It'd been a while since Asterism or Padparadscha had seen their respective families, but they were delighted to make the pilgrimage back to the Pillar to see them and bring gifts to the expectant mother Snastle. When they were granted entry to the giant snail (with a chaperone, of course!) they left food from their current lair at the Behemoth--fresh and fragrant leaves and edible flowers for the Snailith and her babies to snack on when they were hatched. They also brought in some of the massive dandelions that Orchid and her consorts had cultivated just for Snastle, a special treat for the tired mommy alone. The two snappers couldn't be happier to be back home, even if for only a time! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31613383] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/316134/31613383.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
Chalcedony’s Tales of the Festival!

It'd been a while since Asterism or Padparadscha had seen their respective families, but they were delighted to make the pilgrimage back to the Pillar to see them and bring gifts to the expectant mother Snastle. When they were granted entry to the giant snail (with a chaperone, of course!) they left food from their current lair at the Behemoth--fresh and fragrant leaves and edible flowers for the Snailith and her babies to snack on when they were hatched. They also brought in some of the massive dandelions that Orchid and her consorts had cultivated just for Snastle, a special treat for the tired mommy alone.

The two snappers couldn't be happier to be back home, even if for only a time!
tumblr_ooe4bhgFak1rn4glto1_r1_500.png
[center]Chrysocholla's Critiques [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24709397][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/247094/24709397.png[/img][/url] [/center] @Tox Kor: This boy stood out to me, I just love the colour combinations, so vibrant. It made me think of the Maren Scout, y'know? IDK how friendly your clan is with the beastclan, but reckon he'd make a good representative to the Maren faction. He would rock those new purple flatfins we got, and with his outfit looking so ceremonial, he's a fitting image for a trained diplomat, or maybe a dragon who was raised by maren and looks down his nose at his own kind, digging about in the gross plague dirt as they are. How far down would you have to dig before you hit the water table? He could even have his own pool deep in his own room, purified by plants from underground rivers. Or if he dug down to one, maren might even be able to swim to meet him there, whether your clan knows about it or not ;) Anyway, hope that's an idea, maybe!
Chrysocholla's Critiques
24709397.png

@Tox
Kor: This boy stood out to me, I just love the colour combinations, so vibrant. It made me think of the Maren Scout, y'know? IDK how friendly your clan is with the beastclan, but reckon he'd make a good representative to the Maren faction. He would rock those new purple flatfins we got, and with his outfit looking so ceremonial, he's a fitting image for a trained diplomat, or maybe a dragon who was raised by maren and looks down his nose at his own kind, digging about in the gross plague dirt as they are. How far down would you have to dig before you hit the water table? He could even have his own pool deep in his own room, purified by plants from underground rivers. Or if he dug down to one, maren might even be able to swim to meet him there, whether your clan knows about it or not ;) Anyway, hope that's an idea, maybe!

14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
[center]Chrysocholla's Critiques [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24709397][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/247094/24709397.png[/img][/url] [/center] @Drakion Gabriel: ooof, she's a pretty girl. She's got some deep lore, I love the idea of the rite of passage, it reminded me of the ritual journey to Rhuidean from the Wheel of Time series, if you've read that. And her art is stunning, she certainly seems a ferocious girl. She's got a good backstory, i guess the only lore to unstick is moving forwards. What does she do in the clan with the Silents? A warrior perhaps, or a guard, that would certainly suit her apparel. With her ferocity, something combat related might be a good role, I think. And I think she'd look beautiful in the new gladeboughs Joxar has, it'd bring out the pinkish tint in her armour and sword.
Chrysocholla's Critiques
24709397.png

@Drakion
Gabriel: ooof, she's a pretty girl. She's got some deep lore, I love the idea of the rite of passage, it reminded me of the ritual journey to Rhuidean from the Wheel of Time series, if you've read that. And her art is stunning, she certainly seems a ferocious girl. She's got a good backstory, i guess the only lore to unstick is moving forwards. What does she do in the clan with the Silents? A warrior perhaps, or a guard, that would certainly suit her apparel. With her ferocity, something combat related might be a good role, I think. And I think she'd look beautiful in the new gladeboughs Joxar has, it'd bring out the pinkish tint in her armour and sword.
Thank you! :) I'm glad you like Gabriel! I took a look at her with the gladeboughs but it just doesn't work with apparel layering. Also, I don't think it would work for the same reason she doesn't wear jewelry, it could be snagged so easily! Still, I like the idea of her as a guard for the clan, in a way she already is. Since she is the clan leader she works extremely hard to keep everyone safe. (Especially Serpae cause she may or may not have a major crush on him ;) )

lol
Thank you! :) I'm glad you like Gabriel! I took a look at her with the gladeboughs but it just doesn't work with apparel layering. Also, I don't think it would work for the same reason she doesn't wear jewelry, it could be snagged so easily! Still, I like the idea of her as a guard for the clan, in a way she already is. Since she is the clan leader she works extremely hard to keep everyone safe. (Especially Serpae cause she may or may not have a major crush on him ;) )

lol
mXMhPXb.png

OK BUT MANTIS SHRIMP

(Also looking for open Lore Shops!)

tumblr_osnaa09fPS1uo28ybo3_r1_500.png

[/url]BzWOoCD.pngbDWfHOP.pngxit6UDK.png
[center]Chrysocholla's Critiques [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24709397][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/247094/24709397.png[/img][/url] [/center] @stanzascale Ahh! It was really hard to find something to advise with, looking through your dragons, they all seem to have a bio with such a clear idea for a personality and role, y'know?So this one's a bit nonspecific. Looking through your bios I was you had lists of apparel as alternate outfits a lot of the time - you could totally update your bios with outfit links from the dressing room, that would look really nice imo, and you could make more complete and cohesive sets. I decided to look at Triss, because her bio is more dialogue and less about herself, and she's an absolute beauty. I love the idea of a bathhouse. She's going to look great with butterfly, in the meantime some filigree might look really nice on her wings. For personality development: What traits of hers make her suited to work in the bath house? Or if she's unsuited, how does that affect those around her? I love how you've included the familiars as having roles.
Chrysocholla's Critiques
24709397.png

@stanzascale
Ahh! It was really hard to find something to advise with, looking through your dragons, they all seem to have a bio with such a clear idea for a personality and role, y'know?So this one's a bit nonspecific. Looking through your bios I was you had lists of apparel as alternate outfits a lot of the time - you could totally update your bios with outfit links from the dressing room, that would look really nice imo, and you could make more complete and cohesive sets. I decided to look at Triss, because her bio is more dialogue and less about herself, and she's an absolute beauty. I love the idea of a bathhouse. She's going to look great with butterfly, in the meantime some filigree might look really nice on her wings.
For personality development: What traits of hers make her suited to work in the bath house? Or if she's unsuited, how does that affect those around her? I love how you've included the familiars as having roles.
[center]Chrysocholla's Critiques [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24709397][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/247094/24709397.png[/img][/url] [/center] @wendicat Yoooo I love the premise of your lore! Anything that deeply incorporates the Beastclan are way up my alley. So I had a little look and a think about Song, and I get you. Sometimes it's hard to deal with b'day dragons when you have to try and force a role. One idea was if she was a smoky bantam fangar, and the changing process went awry differently. What if her form was changed into a dragon, but mentally she stayed as a fangar? Depending on how much intelligence you attribute to fangars, there's the potential for a dragon sized creature all of a sudden panicking and unable to function properly. Whether from the stress of the process or because Fangar instincts and dietary habits aren't condusive to dragon self-care, and she passed away, but her soul/whatever remained because something was fundamentally changed by the process (as a joking aside, maybe a dragon sized soul was too big to get through the cat-flap to enter kitty heaven :p ) Once they calmed down, what they ended up with was a fangar spirit the size of a dragon. I'd dress her in all the purple woolies, maybe one of the purple capes with the fir trim? y'know, the coli ones? (having soft fur again makes her more comfortable so she steals it to wear and sleep on) and her clan role would be yowling at dinnertime and curling up on the laps of visiting dragons, which just makes them absolutely freezing cold. Sorry I changed fom 'they' to 'she' halfway there. I hope that gives you at least a hint of a fresh idea, or that you enjoyed it at the very least, good luck with her!

Chrysocholla's Critiques
24709397.png

@wendicat
Yoooo I love the premise of your lore! Anything that deeply incorporates the Beastclan are way up my alley. So I had a little look and a think about Song, and I get you. Sometimes it's hard to deal with b'day dragons when you have to try and force a role.

One idea was if she was a smoky bantam fangar, and the changing process went awry differently. What if her form was changed into a dragon, but mentally she stayed as a fangar? Depending on how much intelligence you attribute to fangars, there's the potential for a dragon sized creature all of a sudden panicking and unable to function properly. Whether from the stress of the process or because Fangar instincts and dietary habits aren't condusive to dragon self-care, and she passed away, but her soul/whatever remained because something was fundamentally changed by the process (as a joking aside, maybe a dragon sized soul was too big to get through the cat-flap to enter kitty heaven :p )
Once they calmed down, what they ended up with was a fangar spirit the size of a dragon. I'd dress her in all the purple woolies, maybe one of the purple capes with the fir trim? y'know, the coli ones? (having soft fur again makes her more comfortable so she steals it to wear and sleep on) and her clan role would be yowling at dinnertime and curling up on the laps of visiting dragons, which just makes them absolutely freezing cold.

Sorry I changed fom 'they' to 'she' halfway there. I hope that gives you at least a hint of a fresh idea, or that you enjoyed it at the very least, good luck with her!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7