Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals: Closed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
@Eialyne may i be put on the ping list please? I will be writing my entry for today later this evening!
@Eialyne may i be put on the ping list please? I will be writing my entry for today later this evening!
CUTQvya.gif
@Eialyne

Daily pinglist, please :-)
@Eialyne

Daily pinglist, please :-)
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/283985/28398470.png[/img] [nextcol] "Hehe, I've been waiting for this event eagerly since it was announced. Finally!" A graceful but sturdy golden imperial spoke to herself as she skidded to a halt in front of the stone counter. Her mane ruffled with the wind as she started rummaging her aviator satchel. "Shame Marchere and Chromia couldn't make it today, oh well. Alone or not I am going to cook something up!" [/columns] Okay! So my food today mostly is for me to test the waters, but I think it turned out pretty good! I am not the most creative with names so bear with me, but this is a marinated stir-fry snack for any meat and seafood loving dragon. So here are all my ingredients. [center] [item=Dried Anchovies][Item=Turkey Dinner][item=Highland Dryleaf] [item=Fish Oil][Item=Salt][item=Mycena Mushroom][item=Golden Pepper][item=Sour Spinach][/center] So first, set a sauce pan on medium heat. Put in Fish oil, Highland Dryleaf - ugh seeing this plant again made me shudder - Mycena Mushrooms, Sour Spanish, and salt and Golden Pepper. The last two is not so much a requirement, it just made everything taste better so there's no measurement for that. However for the first three, half the pot worth of fish oil is fine since we're making a marinade not a full fledged sauce, and a handful of Highland Dryleaf and Mycena Mushroom should do the trick. The mushroom's mild taste and slight hallucinogenic properties should be enough to negate the horrible part - which is everything to be honest - of the Dryleaf. Add only a leaf or two of the Spinach however, we need only a little bit of that sourness! Now let it boil and shimmer! Then we have to chop the turkey into smaller chunks as we have to fry it later, let's leave the anchovies there - what do you want to eat if you cut that into even more tinier pieces! This part isn't hard, actually the whole recipe is pretty easy if I say so myself! Around this time the consistency of our marinade should be pretty cloudy, this is a good sign as we can marinate our turkey and anchovies now. Just let it submerged for an hour or so, additional kneading is really effective if you want the flavor to seep in, but you can leave them there if you're busy! Now, oh boy, I wish Thorignir was here for this part, or better yet, Tsunayoshi, as I'm not the best dragon with fire and heat, despite being a Light dragon. Well, anyway, Discard the marinade and set the heat on a frying pan to high. No need for additional oil as our fish oil is enough. And now stir-fry it away! The meat should smell really good after a few minutes and turn a crispy brown - both the anchovies and the lesser chunks of turkey. Put that crispy deliciousness on to a plate and we are done! I realized this is more of an appetizer than a main course, so that's why it's called "snack". And oh Windsinger there's a lot of dragons here, I'm so excited!
28398470.png "Hehe, I've been waiting for this event eagerly since it was announced. Finally!" A graceful but sturdy golden imperial spoke to herself as she skidded to a halt in front of the stone counter. Her mane ruffled with the wind as she started rummaging her aviator satchel. "Shame Marchere and Chromia couldn't make it today, oh well. Alone or not I am going to cook something up!"

Okay! So my food today mostly is for me to test the waters, but I think it turned out pretty good! I am not the most creative with names so bear with me, but this is a marinated stir-fry snack for any meat and seafood loving dragon. So here are all my ingredients.
Dried Anchovies Turkey Dinner Highland Dryleaf
Fish Oil Salt Mycena Mushroom Golden Pepper Sour Spinach

So first, set a sauce pan on medium heat. Put in Fish oil, Highland Dryleaf - ugh seeing this plant again made me shudder - Mycena Mushrooms, Sour Spanish, and salt and Golden Pepper. The last two is not so much a requirement, it just made everything taste better so there's no measurement for that. However for the first three, half the pot worth of fish oil is fine since we're making a marinade not a full fledged sauce, and a handful of Highland Dryleaf and Mycena Mushroom should do the trick. The mushroom's mild taste and slight hallucinogenic properties should be enough to negate the horrible part - which is everything to be honest - of the Dryleaf. Add only a leaf or two of the Spinach however, we need only a little bit of that sourness! Now let it boil and shimmer!

Then we have to chop the turkey into smaller chunks as we have to fry it later, let's leave the anchovies there - what do you want to eat if you cut that into even more tinier pieces! This part isn't hard, actually the whole recipe is pretty easy if I say so myself! Around this time the consistency of our marinade should be pretty cloudy, this is a good sign as we can marinate our turkey and anchovies now. Just let it submerged for an hour or so, additional kneading is really effective if you want the flavor to seep in, but you can leave them there if you're busy!

Now, oh boy, I wish Thorignir was here for this part, or better yet, Tsunayoshi, as I'm not the best dragon with fire and heat, despite being a Light dragon. Well, anyway, Discard the marinade and set the heat on a frying pan to high. No need for additional oil as our fish oil is enough. And now stir-fry it away! The meat should smell really good after a few minutes and turn a crispy brown - both the anchovies and the lesser chunks of turkey. Put that crispy deliciousness on to a plate and we are done! I realized this is more of an appetizer than a main course, so that's why it's called "snack". And oh Windsinger there's a lot of dragons here, I'm so excited!

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19961003] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/199611/19961003_350.png[/img] [/url] Briar sat for a while, staring at the ingridents in front of her. She wasn't a cook of any sort, but she still wanted to try. Her arcane sprite friend, Comet, was walking on the counter, taking a nibble of each main ingredient. "I'm glad I have you here to help me comet. There aren't even any bugs! If ate this I'd get a bellyache.." Comet nodded as she took a bite from the highland dryleaf. Suddenly her face scrunched up and she ran to have a drink of water. "That bad, huh? Hm they must have a really hard first basket to weed out the bad cooks.." Briar whispered softly, wondering if she had what it takes. Briar thought back to all the food she'd had living in the Coven. When it had been a while since the last supply run, and there were only a few random things left, they had often made a big soup for everyone to share. "That's it! I'll make a soup! Hmmm but what about these grody plants, they would spoil the whole thing if I leave them like this.." Suddenly with an idea, she grabbed a motor and pestle and went to work grinding up the [b]highland dryleaf[/b]. the leaves were naturally dry, and soon became a powder. Gradually she added flour made from grassland grain, as well as some powdered stonecorn to counter the bitterness, and hopefully bring out some nicer flavors from the highland dryleaf. She snuck in few spices, and added water until it was a dough. Setting it aside, she got some water boiling and added in the [b]anchovies[/b] to make the base of the soup. Worried she might run out of time, she used some of her arcane magic to chop the carrots, wild onions, and celery. The knife flickered up and down all on it's own, and the handle glowed pink. She turned to focus on adding the [b]turkey dinner[/b] to the bubbling broth, but with her focus no longer on the chopping knife, it started going much too fast. With Briar and Comet not knowing, the knife decided it had had enough, and flung itself into the air. Briar looked up when she suddenly heard faraway yelling. Some dragons were frantically trying to patch a hole that had appeared in their air balloon. "Oh no! I hope their balloon is okay!" she said before adding the vegetables. "Wait.. Where did my knife go? Comet did you put it away?" Comet simply shook her head, eyes wide. Briar shrugged and finally poured the batter she had made into the soup. "Here we go! All done! Turkey-chovie Soup with Highland Dumplings! Oh I hope everyone likes it!"

19961003_350.png

Briar sat for a while, staring at the ingridents in front of her. She wasn't a cook of any sort, but she still wanted to try. Her arcane sprite friend, Comet, was walking on the counter, taking a nibble of each main ingredient.

"I'm glad I have you here to help me comet. There aren't even any bugs! If ate this I'd get a bellyache.."

Comet nodded as she took a bite from the highland dryleaf. Suddenly her face scrunched up and she ran to have a drink of water.
"That bad, huh? Hm they must have a really hard first basket to weed out the bad cooks.." Briar whispered softly, wondering if she had what it takes.

Briar thought back to all the food she'd had living in the Coven. When it had been a while since the last supply run, and there were only a few random things left, they had often made a big soup for everyone to share. "That's it! I'll make a soup! Hmmm but what about these grody plants, they would spoil the whole thing if I leave them like this.."

Suddenly with an idea, she grabbed a motor and pestle and went to work grinding up the highland dryleaf. the leaves were naturally dry, and soon became a powder. Gradually she added flour made from grassland grain, as well as some powdered stonecorn to counter the bitterness, and hopefully bring out some nicer flavors from the highland dryleaf. She snuck in few spices, and added water until it was a dough.

Setting it aside, she got some water boiling and added in the anchovies to make the base of the soup. Worried she might run out of time, she used some of her arcane magic to chop the carrots, wild onions, and celery. The knife flickered up and down all on it's own, and the handle glowed pink.

She turned to focus on adding the turkey dinner to the bubbling broth, but with her focus no longer on the chopping knife, it started going much too fast. With Briar and Comet not knowing, the knife decided it had had enough, and flung itself into the air.

Briar looked up when she suddenly heard faraway yelling. Some dragons were frantically trying to patch a hole that had appeared in their air balloon. "Oh no! I hope their balloon is okay!" she said before adding the vegetables. "Wait.. Where did my knife go? Comet did you put it away?"
Comet simply shook her head, eyes wide. Briar shrugged and finally poured the batter she had made into the soup.

"Here we go! All done! Turkey-chovie Soup with Highland Dumplings! Oh I hope everyone likes it!"
5VAXjaj.pngFFpBIKI.pngjKoaviz.png
@Eialyne

Pinglist please~
@Eialyne

Pinglist please~
5VAXjaj.pngFFpBIKI.pngjKoaviz.png
Dragon: Orion [img][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31049471] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/310495/31049471_350.png[/img] [/url][/img] "Ah, hello, hello. I've been waiting [i]forever[/i] to do this challenge. And by forever, I mean that I've been foreseeing this event for decades. It's outcome, however, is unclear. You can't be telling me that I can't manipulate your judges." he spits, sighing and relaxing his shoulders. "Well, at least I know how to cook." Orion said, rolling back his gloves and grabbing a few handfuls of each ingredient. [item=Dried Anchovies][item=Turkey Dinner][item=Highland Dryleaf] [item=Salt] [item=Green Shoots][item=Luminous Almonds][Item=Cragside Mussels] He breathes a plume of blue fire into the pan before pouring in some water and adding some salt to the water. "In order to get Highland Dryleaf to taste... edible, you have to cook it with something delightful. In this case, salt. Yes. Salt. Good. Now," he pauses looking around, his tail brushing across the ground in a tight circle. "We cook the Turkey with the Green Shoots, just to tenderize the turkey and give the dish some great flavor. Honestly, I love the flavor of green shoots. Bitter but savory." he puts the green shoots in a pan, before carving tiny pieces of the turkey off into the pan, pulling it apart and adding a bit of spiced vegetable oil. "See? That'll tenderize the meat. No back to these dreaded Highland Dryleaves." he mutters, pouring in some savory spices and the Dried Anchovies. He stirred them together, smiling. "The anchovies and spices will add extra flavor," he stated, pulling out some almonds. "And the water in there will cook and rehydrate the anchovies. Now for the special part!" he said, clapping his hands together and pulling some mussels out of the Ice Flight Magic-laced basket that kept food cold when it needed to be kept cold. He grinned, practically humming with delight. "Here, let's get the turkey out!" he smiled, pulling out the turkey with one hand and de-shelling the Cragside Mussels with another. He took the turkey and tasted a small piece. "Good, tasty and savory, with a hit of bitterness from the Green Shoots. Now, now. He tosses the almonds into the air and breathes a small rope of flame, cooking them to a crisp and sprinkling them in with the turkey. "Here.. now!" he says, flipping he mussels into the air and slicing them with knives held between his fingers. He catches them in the pan with the anchovies and the dryleaves. He breathes a tongue of flame into the pan, creating a cloud of steam. He smiles, turning around. "Now, now is when we [i]really[/i] get cooking." he whispered, smiling. He pulled out the anchovies and sliced them up into small fillets, mixing them in with the rest of the meaty stew. He stirred them together, then poured in the now-soft Highland Dryleaves. He smirked, delicately arranging the soft green shoots around the plate and placing the mussels on the side in their cleaned shells. He added some of the broth from the Highland Dryleaves and Dried Anchovies. He reached into the basket once more, to get a bowl of tomatoes and dump them into a pan. He stoked the fore again, setting the pan on a further-back burner, and pouring the tomatoes into a stone bowl and stewing them down in no time with the help of some quick blasts of flame. He poured them onto the pan too, stirring occasionally to keep it from burning. "Even on the low heat, it takes a while to make. Let me get some bread to soak up the sauce." he said, scrambling over to get a loaf of bread from his station and cutting it on the bias. He put it on the side of the still-warm pan and smiled. "Use it to soak up that nice sauce after you eat all those good, savory Anchovies and Highland Dryleaves. Have a great festival, by the way!" he said, smiling and sitting back, looking expectantly at the judges.
Dragon: Orion

[img][/img] 31049471_350.png

"Ah, hello, hello. I've been waiting forever to do this challenge. And by forever, I mean that I've been foreseeing this event for decades. It's outcome, however, is unclear. You can't be telling me that I can't manipulate your judges." he spits, sighing and relaxing his shoulders.
"Well, at least I know how to cook." Orion said, rolling back his gloves and grabbing a few handfuls of each ingredient.

Dried Anchovies Turkey Dinner Highland Dryleaf Salt Green Shoots Luminous Almonds Cragside Mussels

He breathes a plume of blue fire into the pan before pouring in some water and adding some salt to the water. "In order to get Highland Dryleaf to taste... edible, you have to cook it with something delightful. In this case, salt. Yes. Salt. Good. Now," he pauses looking around, his tail brushing across the ground in a tight circle. "We cook the Turkey with the Green Shoots, just to tenderize the turkey and give the dish some great flavor. Honestly, I love the flavor of green shoots. Bitter but savory." he puts the green shoots in a pan, before carving tiny pieces of the turkey off into the pan, pulling it apart and adding a bit of spiced vegetable oil. "See? That'll tenderize the meat. No back to these dreaded Highland Dryleaves." he mutters, pouring in some savory spices and the Dried Anchovies. He stirred them together, smiling. "The anchovies and spices will add extra flavor," he stated, pulling out some almonds. "And the water in there will cook and rehydrate the anchovies. Now for the special part!" he said, clapping his hands together and pulling some mussels out of the Ice Flight Magic-laced basket that kept food cold when it needed to be kept cold. He grinned, practically humming with delight. "Here, let's get the turkey out!" he smiled, pulling out the turkey with one hand and de-shelling the Cragside Mussels with another. He took the turkey and tasted a small piece. "Good, tasty and savory, with a hit of bitterness from the Green Shoots. Now, now. He tosses the almonds into the air and breathes a small rope of flame, cooking them to a crisp and sprinkling them in with the turkey. "Here.. now!" he says, flipping he mussels into the air and slicing them with knives held between his fingers. He catches them in the pan with the anchovies and the dryleaves. He breathes a tongue of flame into the pan, creating a cloud of steam. He smiles, turning around. "Now, now is when we really get cooking." he whispered, smiling. He pulled out the anchovies and sliced them up into small fillets, mixing them in with the rest of the meaty stew. He stirred them together, then poured in the now-soft Highland Dryleaves. He smirked, delicately arranging the soft green shoots around the plate and placing the mussels on the side in their cleaned shells. He added some of the broth from the Highland Dryleaves and Dried Anchovies. He reached into the basket once more, to get a bowl of tomatoes and dump them into a pan. He stoked the fore again, setting the pan on a further-back burner, and pouring the tomatoes into a stone bowl and stewing them down in no time with the help of some quick blasts of flame. He poured them onto the pan too, stirring occasionally to keep it from burning. "Even on the low heat, it takes a while to make. Let me get some bread to soak up the sauce." he said, scrambling over to get a loaf of bread from his station and cutting it on the bias. He put it on the side of the still-warm pan and smiled. "Use it to soak up that nice sauce after you eat all those good, savory Anchovies and Highland Dryleaves. Have a great festival, by the way!" he said, smiling and sitting back, looking expectantly at the judges.
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7173591] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/71736/7173591_350.png[/img] [/url] Chess eyed the ingredients thoughtfully. A culinary journey around Sornieth? A very interesting theme - one with many opportunities to show off a chef's skill and knowledge of ingredients. While this was his third year participating, he knew that wouldn't give him much of an edge. Yes, he understood the format and had experience working under pressure, but the judges always chose ingredients that pushed dragons to be their best - or sometimes fail spectacularly. This year, he decided to go all out. While he had mastered cooking for his clan, this contest was a way for him to test new skills and combinations and that could mean impressing the judges - or disappointing them. He also planned on turning over some of the challenges to other dragons in his clan; this past year the clan selected a baker and confectioner, in addition to their vegetarian chef. If the ingredients were appropriate, one of them might step in for the experience (and to give Chess a chance to explore the rest of the festival). He looked over at his sous chef, the Salve Kamaitachi who came home with him after the competition the first year. "Ready? Let's see what we can do with these..." [b]Entry: Turkey Noodle Soup[/b] Required Ingredients: [item=Highland dryleaf] [item=dried anchovies] [item=turkey dinner] Additional Ingredients: [item=Dwarf Shelf Fungus] [item=Mycena Mushroom] [item=Earthworm] [item=Blood Spath] Chess crinkled his nose at the Highland dryleaf. No flavor - or at least no [i]good[/i] flavor. He spread it out on a sheet and shoved it in the oven to dry out (even more). If he managed to get it just before it was burnt, it could be crumbled and add some texture to his final dish. Now to the other ingredients - looking them over and thinking about Earth territory, Chess decided a soup was appropriate: comfort food that reminded people of home. He shredded the turkey, removed the skin, seasoned the meat lightly, and set it aside on a warmer so it stayed hot. The turkey bones and anchovies went into a pot of water to create a stock, the liquid base for the soup. Chess added Dwarf Shelf Fungus and Mycena Mushroom to the liquid to give the dish an earthy flavor, after the stock had been boiled then strained. Near the end of the cooking time, earthworms were added to the soup: they would act as the "noodles" for the dish. Chess carefully ladled the liquid into an individual bowl, then piled turkey in the center. The dryleaf was sprinkled on the turkey - that way it would stay crunchy until the judges mixed the ingredients together and tasted the entry. He garnished it with a Blood Spath - the edible decoration would bring color to the plate, as well as a delicious flavor that would hopefully overpower the dryleaf. Chess carefully set the dish on the table and wiped away any bits of splatter. Presentation could be just as important as taste with the judges. Now that he had a moment to spare, he looked around and noticed that two other early finishers also made soup. Sighing, he gave a final taste to the portion he had set aside for himself - yes, it was done. Nothing good came of second-guessing now.

7173591_350.png

Chess eyed the ingredients thoughtfully. A culinary journey around Sornieth? A very interesting theme - one with many opportunities to show off a chef's skill and knowledge of ingredients. While this was his third year participating, he knew that wouldn't give him much of an edge. Yes, he understood the format and had experience working under pressure, but the judges always chose ingredients that pushed dragons to be their best - or sometimes fail spectacularly.

This year, he decided to go all out. While he had mastered cooking for his clan, this contest was a way for him to test new skills and combinations and that could mean impressing the judges - or disappointing them. He also planned on turning over some of the challenges to other dragons in his clan; this past year the clan selected a baker and confectioner, in addition to their vegetarian chef. If the ingredients were appropriate, one of them might step in for the experience (and to give Chess a chance to explore the rest of the festival).

He looked over at his sous chef, the Salve Kamaitachi who came home with him after the competition the first year. "Ready? Let's see what we can do with these..."

Entry: Turkey Noodle Soup

Required Ingredients:
Highland Dryleaf Dried Anchovies Turkey Dinner

Additional Ingredients:
Dwarf Shelf Fungus Mycena Mushroom Earthworm Blood Spath

Chess crinkled his nose at the Highland dryleaf. No flavor - or at least no good flavor. He spread it out on a sheet and shoved it in the oven to dry out (even more). If he managed to get it just before it was burnt, it could be crumbled and add some texture to his final dish.

Now to the other ingredients - looking them over and thinking about Earth territory, Chess decided a soup was appropriate: comfort food that reminded people of home. He shredded the turkey, removed the skin, seasoned the meat lightly, and set it aside on a warmer so it stayed hot. The turkey bones and anchovies went into a pot of water to create a stock, the liquid base for the soup. Chess added Dwarf Shelf Fungus and Mycena Mushroom to the liquid to give the dish an earthy flavor, after the stock had been boiled then strained.

Near the end of the cooking time, earthworms were added to the soup: they would act as the "noodles" for the dish. Chess carefully ladled the liquid into an individual bowl, then piled turkey in the center. The dryleaf was sprinkled on the turkey - that way it would stay crunchy until the judges mixed the ingredients together and tasted the entry. He garnished it with a Blood Spath - the edible decoration would bring color to the plate, as well as a delicious flavor that would hopefully overpower the dryleaf.

Chess carefully set the dish on the table and wiped away any bits of splatter. Presentation could be just as important as taste with the judges. Now that he had a moment to spare, he looked around and noticed that two other early finishers also made soup. Sighing, he gave a final taste to the portion he had set aside for himself - yes, it was done. Nothing good came of second-guessing now.

OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30013232] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300133/30013232_350.png[/img] [/url] [item=dried anchovies][item=turkey dinner][item=highland dryleaf] [item=salt][item=turnip][item=wild onion][item=potato onion][item=mire chestnut] [item=blackberry][item=seaberry] As the resident cook for the Moonglade Tribe, Pumpkin felt a small amount of anticipant pressure for the contest ahead of her. Cooking for a collection of vagabonds was one thing (in fact, Pumpkin very much doubted most of them could distinguish a bulrush from a cattail), yet cooking for dragons with a more discerning palate unnerved her a little. When the core ingredients were revealed to her, Pumpkin found herself biting her lip in thought. They certainly weren't her choice ingredients. Highland dryleaf in particular was awful when consumed alone - she shrivelled her nose at the thought. Then, an idea came to mind. Quickly Pumpkin gathered the other ingredients she would need to make her dish. Laying all the ingredients in front of her, the Spiral set to work. Her idea was simple in theory; a roast turkey dinner. Quickly, she set to work preparing the [b]roast turkey[/b], rubbing a light seasoning of salt over the skin. Laying the anchovies on the table she set to work filleting them; her claws tremored a little with nerves and she found herself scrumpling her face in annoyance at her lack of precision. Lifting the [b]dried anchovies[/b] she placed them over the top of the turkey. They would reduce down while it roasted; leaving nothing but crisp skin and a salty flavour. Satisfied, she then moved on to make her turkey inner - the stuffing. Now to work with her least favourite ingredient - the [b]highland dryleaf[/b]. Using a pestle and mortar she ground the dryleaf leaf into a fine dust. Picking up her choice ingredients, Pumpkin peeled and finely chopped three wild onions and then chopped a handful of mire chestnuts. Adding all three ingredients to a bowl she stirred them in with some water to make a sticky paste. Then, Pumpkin stuffed a few handfuls inside the turkey. At least like this, the majority of the dryleaf's bitterness would be overpowered. Finally, she put a lid on the roasting pot and lit the coals. The spiral let out an exhale; the main part was done - all she had to do was be careful not to overcook it! With her confidence growing, Pumpkin stopped shaking. Now to make her garnish. Pumpkin peeled three large turnips and then peeled and finely chopped a few potato onions. Boiling the turnips for a few minutes, the spiral added both to a bowl with a pinch of salt and crushed them into a fine mash. Swiping a bit on her claw, she tasted. It was edible at least! Still feeling her dish was somewhat lacking, Pumpkin shut her eyes, thinking. Another idea sparked in her head. Berries. She'd make a reduction then thicken to a sweet sauce to serve with the turkey. Selecting some sea berries and blackberries, Pumpkin crushed them before put them in a pot and reducing over a flame. Pumpkin took her eyes of the reduction for a second, checking on her turkey. It was nearly done. Gaze turning back to the reduction, the spiral let out a curse as she spotted the blackened burnt mixture. Hastily she discarded the pot and whipped up a second batch. This time, it reduced and thickened of the heat. Pumpkin removed her turkey from the pot, slicing a few choice cuts. [i]It's not dry[/i]. An audible sigh of relief was released. She served with a few scoops of the turnip and onion mash before dribbling the berry sauce over the turkey. Pumpkin always knew she had it in her to produce a nice looking meal, but she certainly hadn't expected it to go quite so smoothly. [/center]

30013232_350.png

Dried Anchovies Turkey Dinner Highland Dryleaf
Salt Turnip Wild Onion Potato Onion Mire Chestnut
Blackberry Seaberry

As the resident cook for the Moonglade Tribe, Pumpkin felt a small amount of anticipant pressure for the contest ahead of her. Cooking for a collection of vagabonds was one thing (in fact, Pumpkin very much doubted most of them could distinguish a bulrush from a cattail), yet cooking for dragons with a more discerning palate unnerved her a little.

When the core ingredients were revealed to her, Pumpkin found herself biting her lip in thought. They certainly weren't her choice ingredients. Highland dryleaf in particular was awful when consumed alone - she shrivelled her nose at the thought. Then, an idea came to mind. Quickly Pumpkin gathered the other ingredients she would need to make her dish.

Laying all the ingredients in front of her, the Spiral set to work. Her idea was simple in theory; a roast turkey dinner. Quickly, she set to work preparing the roast turkey, rubbing a light seasoning of salt over the skin. Laying the anchovies on the table she set to work filleting them; her claws tremored a little with nerves and she found herself scrumpling her face in annoyance at her lack of precision. Lifting the dried anchovies she placed them over the top of the turkey. They would reduce down while it roasted; leaving nothing but crisp skin and a salty flavour.

Satisfied, she then moved on to make her turkey inner - the stuffing. Now to work with her least favourite ingredient - the highland dryleaf. Using a pestle and mortar she ground the dryleaf leaf into a fine dust. Picking up her choice ingredients, Pumpkin peeled and finely chopped three wild onions and then chopped a handful of mire chestnuts. Adding all three ingredients to a bowl she stirred them in with some water to make a sticky paste. Then, Pumpkin stuffed a few handfuls inside the turkey. At least like this, the majority of the dryleaf's bitterness would be overpowered. Finally, she put a lid on the roasting pot and lit the coals. The spiral let out an exhale; the main part was done - all she had to do was be careful not to overcook it!

With her confidence growing, Pumpkin stopped shaking. Now to make her garnish. Pumpkin peeled three large turnips and then peeled and finely chopped a few potato onions. Boiling the turnips for a few minutes, the spiral added both to a bowl with a pinch of salt and crushed them into a fine mash. Swiping a bit on her claw, she tasted. It was edible at least! Still feeling her dish was somewhat lacking, Pumpkin shut her eyes, thinking. Another idea sparked in her head. Berries. She'd make a reduction then thicken to a sweet sauce to serve with the turkey. Selecting some sea berries and blackberries, Pumpkin crushed them before put them in a pot and reducing over a flame.

Pumpkin took her eyes of the reduction for a second, checking on her turkey. It was nearly done. Gaze turning back to the reduction, the spiral let out a curse as she spotted the blackened burnt mixture. Hastily she discarded the pot and whipped up a second batch. This time, it reduced and thickened of the heat. Pumpkin removed her turkey from the pot, slicing a few choice cuts. It's not dry. An audible sigh of relief was released. She served with a few scoops of the turnip and onion mash before dribbling the berry sauce over the turkey. Pumpkin always knew she had it in her to produce a nice looking meal, but she certainly hadn't expected it to go quite so smoothly.

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23111612] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/231117/23111612_350.png[/img] [/url] Snickerdoodle eyed the ingredients, humming in thought. Normally the dragons she cooked for didn't care too much about their food as long as it was good and filling - she'd never had to cook something fancy for a panel of judges before. [i]No use in putting it off, I suppose.[/i] She tightened her bandanna and got to work. [item=dried anchovies][item=micro goat][item=acorn][item=fish oil] First Snickerdoodle began making fish gravy for her dish. She chopped up the [b]dried anchovies[/b] into tiny pieces and fried them in fish oil, adding acorn flour and goat milk to thicken the sauce. [item=highland dryleaf][item=potato onion][item=turnip][item=speckled petunia] Then Snickerdoodle prepared the stuffing. She diced the [b]highland dryleaf[/b], and then mashed potato onions and turnips and added those as well. She then boiled some speckled petunias and chopped those before adding them to the stuffing - hopefully their sweetness would counter the dryleaf's bitter taste. [item=turkey dinner][item=vegetable oil][item=wild mustard][item=cindermint][item=blacktongue pepper] Now it was time to cook the main ingredient of her dish. Snickerdoodle stuffed the [b]turkey dinner[/b] with the stuffing she had made, and lightly brushed the turkey's skin with vegetable oil. She didn't bother adding salt, since the fish gravy would provide plenty thanks to the dried anchovies. As an added touch, Snickerdoodle reached into her bag and sprinkled some of the spices she always kept onto the turkey - wild mustard, cindermint, and ground blacktongue pepper. Then she placed the turkey in the oven and waited for it to cook. When the turkey was done, Snickerdoodle pulled it out of the oven and (after checking it was cooked properly) poured the fish gravy over the turkey. She cut a few slices with stuffing and set those on a plate before drizzling the gravy on top. Hopefully the judges would like what she made.

23111612_350.png

Snickerdoodle eyed the ingredients, humming in thought. Normally the dragons she cooked for didn't care too much about their food as long as it was good and filling - she'd never had to cook something fancy for a panel of judges before. No use in putting it off, I suppose. She tightened her bandanna and got to work.
Dried Anchovies Micro Goat Acorn Fish Oil
First Snickerdoodle began making fish gravy for her dish. She chopped up the dried anchovies into tiny pieces and fried them in fish oil, adding acorn flour and goat milk to thicken the sauce.
Highland Dryleaf Potato Onion Turnip Speckled Petunia
Then Snickerdoodle prepared the stuffing. She diced the highland dryleaf, and then mashed potato onions and turnips and added those as well. She then boiled some speckled petunias and chopped those before adding them to the stuffing - hopefully their sweetness would counter the dryleaf's bitter taste.
Turkey Dinner Vegetable Oil Wild Mustard Cindermint Blacktongue Pepper
Now it was time to cook the main ingredient of her dish. Snickerdoodle stuffed the turkey dinner with the stuffing she had made, and lightly brushed the turkey's skin with vegetable oil. She didn't bother adding salt, since the fish gravy would provide plenty thanks to the dried anchovies. As an added touch, Snickerdoodle reached into her bag and sprinkled some of the spices she always kept onto the turkey - wild mustard, cindermint, and ground blacktongue pepper. Then she placed the turkey in the oven and waited for it to cook.

When the turkey was done, Snickerdoodle pulled it out of the oven and (after checking it was cooked properly) poured the fish gravy over the turkey. She cut a few slices with stuffing and set those on a plate before drizzling the gravy on top. Hopefully the judges would like what she made.
Na5WGHa.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13149301] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131494/13149301_350.png[/img] [/url] "... this place smells amazing!" She exclaims as she bounds over, "A COOKING CONTEST?! I bet I'll be AMAZING at this. After all, I'm a snapper and my name is the name of a fruit. And how hard could cooking possibly be?" She strides over to the ingredients and grab a few of everything available. Having no plan in mind, she does the first cooking related thing she can think of, start a fire! "All cooking requires some heat... right?" After running into the nearby bamboo forest and taking a few stalks she runs back and somehow manages to light a fire. "Okay see? I'm getting there. Just watch me make my masterpiece!" she exclaims happily. She takes the [b]turkey dinner[/b] and brings it to the sink and "thoroughly" washes it by filling the sink to the top and dunking the turkey in and out a few times. She then takes it back to the table and picks up the [b]highland dryleaf[/b]. "Hmm... is this a spice?" She wonders out loud. "Wait, can someone remind me how spices work...? No? Um... okay then, I'll just mash this up." She picks up te largest bowl she could find and dumped in the dryleaf then proceeded (with her unwashed feet) to stomp on and mash up the dryleaf into a pulp. "Now what?" She asks herself. "Just spread it on the turkey, I guess." Taking a paint brush that she found lying around she painfully slowly dabs clumps of the pulp all over the turkey. "I almost forgot about these [b]dried anchovies[/b]! I have the perfect use for them!" She takes them and unceremoniously rips them in half and manages (with great effort) to stuff most of them into the turkey. Having finished preparing everything, she decides that she should probably use that fire she built an hour ago. When she turns around to bring her turkey over, she de that her firs has already been burnt to cinders! *sigh* "I guess I'll have to use the oven. Although I'm not sure why I built that fire if there's already an oven here...?" After turning on the oven and putting the turkey in, she sets a timer for 2 hours. "That should be plenty of time! Now to take a nap after all that hard work!" -------- ring... ring... ring... -------- RING RING RING ------- "... What's happening?" She peels open her eye to see a oven. With smoke coming out of it? She suddenly remembers what she was doing before her nap. "OH NO MY TURKEY!" She cries in dispair. She pulls it out of the oven all charred. "I can save it! I can do this, I'm sure of it!" She finds a few tins of honey and just dumps it all over the turkey that you can barely even make out that there was a turkey there in he first place. "Don't forget the salt!" She cries eager to hand in her masterpiece as she very delicately sprinkles a few pinches of salt to top off everything. She takes her dish dripping with honey and places it on the judging table. "Here you go judges! Enjoy!"

13149301_350.png

"... this place smells amazing!" She exclaims as she bounds over, "A COOKING CONTEST?! I bet I'll be AMAZING at this. After all, I'm a snapper and my name is the name of a fruit. And how hard could cooking possibly be?"

She strides over to the ingredients and grab a few of everything available. Having no plan in mind, she does the first cooking related thing she can think of, start a fire! "All cooking requires some heat... right?" After running into the nearby bamboo forest and taking a few stalks she runs back and somehow manages to light a fire. "Okay see? I'm getting there. Just watch me make my masterpiece!" she exclaims happily.

She takes the turkey dinner and brings it to the sink and "thoroughly" washes it by filling the sink to the top and dunking the turkey in and out a few times. She then takes it back to the table and picks up the highland dryleaf. "Hmm... is this a spice?" She wonders out loud. "Wait, can someone remind me how spices work...? No? Um... okay then, I'll just mash this up." She picks up te largest bowl she could find and dumped in the dryleaf then proceeded (with her unwashed feet) to stomp on and mash up the dryleaf into a pulp. "Now what?" She asks herself. "Just spread it on the turkey, I guess." Taking a paint brush that she found lying around she painfully slowly dabs clumps of the pulp all over the turkey. "I almost forgot about these dried anchovies! I have the perfect use for them!" She takes them and unceremoniously rips them in half and manages (with great effort) to stuff most of them into the turkey.

Having finished preparing everything, she decides that she should probably use that fire she built an hour ago. When she turns around to bring her turkey over, she de that her firs has already been burnt to cinders! *sigh* "I guess I'll have to use the oven. Although I'm not sure why I built that fire if there's already an oven here...?"

After turning on the oven and putting the turkey in, she sets a timer for 2 hours. "That should be plenty of time! Now to take a nap after all that hard work!"

ring... ring... ring...

RING RING RING

"... What's happening?" She peels open her eye to see a oven. With smoke coming out of it? She suddenly remembers what she was doing before her nap. "OH NO MY TURKEY!" She cries in dispair. She pulls it out of the oven all charred. "I can save it! I can do this, I'm sure of it!" She finds a few tins of honey and just dumps it all over the turkey that you can barely even make out that there was a turkey there in he first place. "Don't forget the salt!" She cries eager to hand in her masterpiece as she very delicately sprinkles a few pinches of salt to top off everything.

She takes her dish dripping with honey and places it on the judging table. "Here you go judges! Enjoy!"
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34